Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 11th March 2013, 12:58   #301
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
I think the vibration is only felt when you rest your foot on the clutch, but why do you need to rest your foot on the clutch all the time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
This was discussed some time back I think in this same thread. This vibration is there in fact with all Yeti's and Laura's (TDI)! But most people don't feel it at all if they don't rest their foot on the clutch pedal. Only people who have a tendency to keep their foot on the clutch all the time (riding the clutch), feel this as it take the clutch into half-clutch and the moment slip starts on the clutch, these vibrations appear.
It was more like a pulse like others have mentioned. You can feel it when your foot is on the clutch anticipating a gear change too, not only when you rest your foot on the clutch. In my case I've been driving a petrol a fair amount so it took me a few seconds to get adjusted to the Yeti, noticed the pulse/vibration then.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2013, 13:12   #302
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: A Minor Accident with the LittleBigFoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Poor LittleBigFoot had its first "prang" this morning.
Hi Shankar,

So sorry to hear this incident, not just knowing but feeling how you love your yeti!

Glad to know the damage is also not major.

Many so called "poor people" in this country are simply waiting to get a chance to act against the wealthy or better-living folks. They never work hard, spend all of their money drinking and expect the Government to do everything for them.

Accidents are more often than not a great opportunity for them.

You should have taken the address of the company where he works and reported him as a fraud!

Hope your car gets better soon!
nitinbose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2013, 14:00   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnagpur View Post
I wonder how the passers by drivers/locals & others start showing their anger as if they hate you from past many years just because you have money and it is their time now...

Thanks to the Skoda guys & cops who handled situation.

Above all hats off to the way you kept cool & calm & hadled the situation with so much of patience & humanity for that guy.

I extracted some good learning from this episode as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Sad to hear about the incident - especially the part involving the self-appointed 'locals'. Its ironic that those who were born and have lived in a city contributing to its growth are always considered outsiders.

Not everyone is bad - I may have been born in the neighbourhood, but I am an outsider for all practical purposes as I do not live there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
Hi Shankar,

So sorry to hear this incident, not just knowing but feeling how you love your yeti!

Accidents are more often than not a great opportunity for them.

You should have taken the address of the company where he works and reported him as a fraud!

Hope your car gets better soon!

Thanks Gentlemen!
Yes, luckily the damage is quite minor-ish. Am going out of town next week so am planning to get it done then.
All we can do in this country at the moment is to try and stick to the straight an narrow and hope it pays off.
Chances are, more often than not, if one is constantly alert, once can avoid/ prevent such things.
The other thing is if and when they do happen, we just need to keep calm and collected and call for help. Above all, we should guard against getting angry and irritated, however aggravating the situation gets. I know it is easier said than done, but I feel able to state this particularly because I just practiced what I am now preaching!

Cheers and hope this kind of thing does not happen to any of us on the Forum as far as possible.

Good luck!
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2013, 14:32   #304
Team-BHP Support

Guys am getting the 2012 Jan Yeti done only 6000kms for 14.75, seems like a decent deal, or do you guys think its worth negotiating more? A new one costs 22.4 on road today.
Old 13th March 2013, 14:42   #305
Senior - BHPian

^
Which trim is that?
dkaile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2013, 15:08   #306
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
^
Which trim is that?
Its the Elegance 4x4 in Mato brown.
Old 13th March 2013, 15:39   #307
Senior - BHPian

^
New should be about 18L here in Uttaranchal after discounts. A new car drops price the most in the first year of ownership. I think you can squeeze a further 1~2L, still it looks like a decent buy.
Old 13th March 2013, 18:52   #308
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
^
New should be about 18L here in Uttaranchal after discounts. A new car drops price the most in the first year of ownership. I think you can squeeze a further 1~2L, still it looks like a decent buy.
I don't think more than a lac discount could be managed, dealers are offering 40k odd. Thats because there are no 2012 manufactured Yeti's anywhere, only 2013.
Old 13th March 2013, 18:57   #309
Senior - BHPian

^
The car can be arranged in 18L at the Haldwani dealer. No speculations here.
Old 13th March 2013, 20:22   #310
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
^
The car can be arranged in 18L at the Haldwani dealer. No speculations here.
What is the ex showroom there? In Mumbai it is 18.xx ex showroom, would be interesting to see how much less it is over there.
Old 13th March 2013, 20:24   #311
Senior - BHPian

^
Well the owner gave me a ball park figure. I did not go into the details of ex-showrooms. Hum aam khaane vaale log hai, gutlia nahi ginte. Sorry for the vernacular.
Old 13th March 2013, 21:45   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post

Its the Elegance 4x4 in Mato brown.
KA Reg?
Because there was one similar vehicle, some six or eight months back with a chap here in BLR. He was at that time going to relocate to Bom. Is this the same vehicle?
If so, it had had a minor prang which needed some paint work which was done by that bloke...
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2013, 19:18   #313
Senior - BHPian

The discounts seemed to have mellowed down. Near Sep 2012 the dealer here was ready for 16.75 lacs on road (about 1.1 lacs lower than the ex-showroom).

But that aside, i suppose Jan 2012 is the regn. date, if yes, i believe discounts were pretty good at that time. Shankar got a sweet deal a month before I guess.
So the given price seems decent, but thanks to the low popularity of this lil' SUV, it is difficult to guage the market value precisely, because the buyers are pretty scarce!
agambhandari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2013, 19:24   #314
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
KA Reg?
Because there was one similar vehicle, some six or eight months back with a chap here in BLR. He was at that time going to relocate to Bom. Is this the same vehicle?
If so, it had had a minor prang which needed some paint work which was done by that bloke...
Nope its Mumbai reg. Anyway the deal seems pretty much finalized. Should hopefully get the car by the weekend. Plans now are to get xenon headlights, possibly a philips kit, some light sunfilms all over, and change the tyres asap. This also happens to be the model with the newer 5 spoke alloys, don't remember if there were any other differences.
Old 14th March 2013, 20:25   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Nope its Mumbai reg. Anyway the deal seems pretty much finalized. Should hopefully get the car by the weekend. Plans now are to get xenon headlights, possibly a philips kit, some light sunfilms all over, and change the tyres asap. This also happens to be the model with the newer 5 spoke alloys, don't remember if there were any other differences.
Congrats in advance! It will be very interesting to watch what all mods you will bestow on your yeti .
iTNerd is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote