Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 1st December 2015, 07:11   #451
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Now that Skoda shield is over (or is it 5 years?), hope still the vehicle continues to serve you well for a long time. All the best.
Ive been paying for Zero Dep ever since I bought the vehicle. The idea is that While the Extended Warranty gets over at the end of the 4th year of ownership, the Zero Dep should kick in as may be required.

So far I have had to invoke the Extended Warranty once to replace the Fuel Tank Gauge whose needle was behaving oddly. and recently of course, I had the whole instrument panel changed under warranty.

Otherwise, I am happy to say so far that the vehicle has behaved in a completely peaceful manner.

I did change the battery this year - it had lasted 4 years and a couple of months (from the Date of Manufacture of the vehicle).

I intend changing the OEM tyres too in the new year. I am still researching as to which tyres to buy. Any Bangalorean will understand my dilemma on this because while soft tyres are great by themselves, the state of the roads here, will ensure that the tyres get shredded quite rapidly!

Given my monthly running of around 600-800 Kms max, I am keen to hang on to this vehicle for more time going forward. Perhaps at least another 3 or 4 years or so...

I absolutely cannot find any other vehicle which comes close to this Yeti (at this price range) and for that reason alone I don't want to change/ upgrade.

Oh and one of my Flippy Keys needs a battery change - I observed this yesterday.
I think that since the vehicle is now 4 years old, I will just change the batteries in both the flippy keys.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 1st December 2015 at 07:13.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2015, 19:00   #452
Senior - BHPian

Small but yet visible damages on the side of the Yeti (on the rear door surface) in terms of either malicious gouging out of the paint OR stone chips.
I really don't know how much better we can take care of our vehicles in this country with so much rage, anger, irritation and of course the lousy roads, none of which are evenly surfaced and have a clean stone free surface.

Really sad with all the regular damages that the poor Yeti is sustaining!
Poor beast. In its 4 years it's seen quite a lot of damage of different kinds!
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2015, 12:17   #453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Small but yet visible damages on the side of the Yeti (on the rear door surface) in terms of either malicious gouging out of the paint OR stone chips.
Post a few pictures if possible. That will help get an idea of its actual cause.

Chetak (my Pajero Sport) is black, which makes it worse. and completely understand your pain.
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2015, 18:17   #454
Senior - BHPian

First time I ever saw a Yeti in Dubai - last week
New shape.
Petrol Engine. 4x4.
Attached Thumbnails
The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012-img_9907.jpg  

Old 23rd April 2016, 15:11   #455
Senior - BHPian

So what Ive now done additionally is have these Wheel Arch Extenders installed.
OEM Skoda Product.
Ordered with Vinayak Skoda who in turn ordered them from Skoda India who brought them in from Skoda Czechoslovakia and had them sent in along with the special glue as well.
While I was travelling the whole of last week, the vehicle was picked up and these were fitted nicely on the arches.
It really makes a difference in the overall look of the vehicle and I guess it has its uses, while avoiding evil bikers and auto rickshaw apes on these dreadful Bangalore roads!
Hope they last and give me good service!

Of course, now the vehicle is in interesting lick - with its nice new Falken Tyres and the Rogerab Suspension Dampers etc.

Also had a couple of coat hangers installed in it under the head rests.
Attached Images

shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2016, 21:55   #456

Are the RogerRab worth it?
shreephadnis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2016, 05:35   #457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreephadnis View Post
Are the RogerRab worth it?
Well they enable me to scale those monster sized speed humps at a slightly-higher-than-normal speed, around HSR Layout and Bangalore in general without bottoming out!
Where once I had to come to a complete halt, ease into First Gear and then gingerly climb such bumps, today Im able to take them while moving in second gear itself using the natural torque of the engine without slowing to a dead halt.

Rogerab does make a difference in dampening the up-down travel of the shocks/ suspension.

And, coupled with the marginally bigger tyres that I have, provides for a slightly stiffish ride, which I prefer.
Old 1st May 2016, 14:56   #458
Senior - BHPian

Sadly for me the fender extender which are stuck on with glue, are not all that foolproof. Owing to the weakness of the glue one section has fallen off somewhere on the road.

Of course, I ve raised it with the dealership since it is just about a week since these were fixed and I ve asked them to arrange a replacement and re-fitment as well.

Will keep this thread updated...
Attached Images

Old 3rd May 2016, 09:16   #459
Senior - BHPian

This morning on the office commute even the second weak section of the fender extender has fallen off.
Basically the glue and glueing job is at fault. Very clearly.
Anyway Mr Dealer is making some arrangements for replacement etc.

Main thing is that Ive declined to pay the bill till this is done properly.
Attached Thumbnails
The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012-img_4355.jpg  

Old 3rd May 2016, 10:02   #460
ZMG
BHPian

Shankar sir I have been following your thread closely.
One of my best friends father has a Yeti and boy, what a car it is.

I hated it initially for the odd looks, but once I sat in it, I was floored.

Regarding the glue, maybe you can proactively use some 3M tape.

Thanks,
ZMG
ZMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2016, 10:06   #461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This morning on the office commute even the second weak section of the fender extender has fallen off.
Anyway Mr Dealer is making some arrangements for replacement etc.

Main thing is that Ive declined to pay the bill till this is done properly.
That is really sad to see - the Glue has not adhered at all to the Fender extensions! It is likely that the others may also fall off - you should insist for a complete replacement of all the fender extensions! The sad part is that this glue will be difficult to get off the body and there is no way that your Yeti can go back to previous state (without Fender extensions). Now only solution is for them to fix it back again property.
From my experience around 18 years ago (when I was an engineer with Tata) we used to see this problem a lot with the Tata Safari side cladding falling away as it was only glued. Eventually they moved to a design where they had plastic inserts which locked into slots in the doors. Somehow in India, a glue based application is rarely successful as the temperatures are very high and it tends to loosen the glue and once the glue is loose, the wind force takes care of the rest.
Behemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2016, 10:39   #462
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
You need to get this 3M High Strength Double Sided Tape (with primer) from Amazon.in and stick it up yourself and be rest assured that those fenders will remain stuck for a long time to come.

Name:  3M High Strength Double Side Tape.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  209.9 KB

Cheers...
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2016, 12:21   #463
BHPian

The 3M tape with additional primer reminds me that they had applied some kind of primer that came with the Mercedes windshield silicon they used. Surface was cleaned well and de-greased, then primer (which came with the silicon) was applied and then only they pasted the part using silicon. That was for the eye brows.

For the arch kit, I wasn't there to witness the fitting. It was done from Pete's. But I remember Peter was instructing the best of his technicians repeatedly about carrying out this job very carefully and that it needs to be left overnight for curing, and no washing for a day more atleast. At that time, I thought like why so much caution for a simple pasting job. Now I know! And the quality of work shows after surviving some years of dusty, humid bad summers and monsoons in our tropical climate.

This job has to be carried out very responsibly even if its merely a pasting job. Strong tapes are used to hold the arch kit in place after pressing it against the car's body. That is clearly illustrated in the instruction sheet that comes with the kit. It would be better to leave it overnight before removing those tapes. Tell them to follow the instructions exactly as per the sheet which comes with it. Also, it would be a better idea to apply more silicon and wipe off the extra silicon that squeezes out of all sides after pasting it. These are basic things which need not be told to a technician in an authorised service centre. But clearly and sadly, that's not the case. Like another member said, all parts of the wheel arch kit will have to be re-fitted. Orelse you might keep losing one after the other.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2016, 12:36   #464

I had mine fitted by the dealer 3years ago and no issues at all. I believe Skoda recommend some glue that fixes it
shreephadnis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2016, 14:01   #465
Senior - BHPian

Saw a nice Yeti in the same colour as mine in Melbourne a few days ago.
I remember when it was first launched there some 4 odd years ago and I saw one on the road and got all excited.
Same excitement prevailed the other day...
Attached Images