Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2012, 15:50   #91
Distinguished - BHPian
 
vb-san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: S'pore/Thrissur
Posts: 4,566
Thanked: 3,441 Times
Default Re: The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
It really does work and the Yoga mat material is very close to the PU coating that manufacturers use as sound-deadening material on the underbody/ engine bay areas.
I maybe wrong here, but are these mats advisable to use in a car, as a permanent fixture. For e.g.; how good are the fire resistance properties of these mats?

Edit: Sorry for the OT question. Probably not the space to have this discussion

Last edited by vb-san : 28th March 2012 at 15:52. Reason: Note added
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2012, 13:27   #92
VBN
BHPian
 
VBN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 60
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Hi, I request advise on good ways to clean the car interiors, including the 'carpet' below the OEM mats.
VBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2012, 19:53   #93
Senior - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,053
Thanked: 5,296 Times
Default Re: The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012

Suggest that you pop across to a good car care place like 3M, spend that 550 Rupees and get the job done.
Once the main job of cleaning is done, it is relatively simple to maintain the cleanliness in the car.
Typically I go to the 3M place once a month, usually on a weekday, because they are relatively free and can attend to my vehicle properly.
Nothing to beat the professional care chaps when it comes to car maintenance, cleaning and such like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBN View Post
Hi, I request advise on good ways to clean the car interiors, including the 'carpet' below the OEM mats.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2012, 14:09   #94
Senior - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,053
Thanked: 5,296 Times
Default Re: The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012

I got the Tyres balanced and the wheels aligned and rotated today at HSR Layout , the Michelin tyre shop. The car has done 5000 kms and this is a good thing to do at this time.

I ve had the tyres completely deflated and refilled with Nitrogen at 34 PSI all round. The chap says it should last for 2 months - I will see how it goes this time. With 34 PSI and Nitrogen, the ride does feel a bit better than normal but this might be psychological - I dont know yet.

Good job done. Minimum fuss. Price for the entire job was Rs 1170/- all inclusive. Because all 4 wheels have to be aligned in a 4WD vehicle.

Since the spare is not a full size one there is no question of bringing it into play but the crossed over 4 tyres really make a difference to their life and overall even wear and tear.

At 7500kms I am planning to send the car in for a service checkup to check the oil levels, coolant and battery etc just for a bit of peace of mind.

Else Im planning to stick with the manufacturers recommended service intervals and will get it done only at the authorized service centres.

Cheers

Last edited by shankar.balan : 22nd April 2012 at 14:10.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2012, 23:28   #95
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: delhi
Posts: 58
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012

When i took delivery of my yeti i was told to bring it for a routine check up at 75000kms..
So i think now its part of the service schedule.
Also i had a question for all the yeti owners. Can the offroad mode
Button be used on the fly for engaging the edl or one has to be at standstill?
fiorano88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2012, 10:03   #96
BHPian
 
Behemoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 981
Thanked: 1,189 Times
Default Re: The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I got the Tyres balanced and the wheels aligned and rotated today at HSR Layout , the Michelin tyre shop. The car has done 5000 kms and this is a good thing to do at this time.

I ve had the tyres completely deflated and refilled with Nitrogen at 34 PSI all round. The chap says it should last for 2 months - I will see how it goes this time. With 34 PSI and Nitrogen, the ride does feel a bit better than normal but this might be psychological - I dont know yet.

Good job done. Minimum fuss. Price for the entire job was Rs 1170/- all inclusive. Because all 4 wheels have to be aligned in a 4WD vehicle.

Since the spare is not a full size one there is no question of bringing it into play but the crossed over 4 tyres really make a difference to their life and overall even wear and tear.

At 7500kms I am planning to send the car in for a service checkup to check the oil levels, coolant and battery etc just for a bit of peace of mind.

Else Im planning to stick with the manufacturers recommended service intervals and will get it done only at the authorized service centres.

Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiorano88 View Post
When i took delivery of my yeti i was told to bring it for a routine check up at 75000kms..
So i think now its part of the service schedule.
Also i had a question for all the yeti owners. Can the offroad mode
Button be used on the fly for engaging the edl or one has to be at standstill?
Hi Shankar/ Fiorano,

Skoda typically runs a pre-summer complimentary checkup camp at all dealers in the month of April and there is also one going on currently (I think till April 30th). If you take your Yeti in for this free checkup, they will do a full Checkup (incl AC check) and complimentary interior and exterior cleaning and it will be completely free. I had gotten this done last time, and am planning to get it done for my Yeti in the coming weekend.

Though it is not required, it will help get your Yeti clean and checked preventively. Normal 1st service would happen only around 15K kms or 1 year whichever is earlier.

Regarding Fiorano's query on the offroad button, it can be engaged at any speed and is an electronic tweak on the the go.

Regards,
Behemoth

Last edited by Behemoth : 23rd April 2012 at 10:04.
Behemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2012, 10:23   #97
Senior - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,053
Thanked: 5,296 Times
Default Re: The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012

I ve been told exactly the same - 7500 kms checkup just to see if everything is fine.
However, I shall wait and do it just before the monsoon breaks. Anyway I ve only done 5100 kms so far.
I get the Yeti cleaned thoroughly once a month at the 3M place - inside and outside. And otherwise, it gets wiped down with a wet fibre cloth once a week. The insides dont get dirty or furry unless one of my dogs goes in it with me and then we vaccuum it almost immediately to get rid of their fur.
If you see my vehicle you cannot tell that it is also used occasionally by 4 legged furry beasts other than humans!





Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Hi Shankar/ Fiorano,

Skoda typically runs a pre-summer complimentary checkup camp at all dealers in the month of April and there is also one going on currently (I think till April 30th). If you take your Yeti in for this free checkup, they will do a full Checkup (incl AC check) and complimentary interior and exterior cleaning and it will be completely free. I had gotten this done last time, and am planning to get it done for my Yeti in the coming weekend.

Though it is not required, it will help get your Yeti clean and checked preventively. Normal 1st service would happen only around 15K kms or 1 year whichever is earlier.

Regarding Fiorano's query on the offroad button, it can be engaged at any speed and is an electronic tweak on the the go.

Regards,
Behemoth
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2012, 11:26   #98
Senior - BHPian
 
dkaile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Meerut, India
Posts: 2,772
Thanked: 3,381 Times
Default Re: The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Though it is not required, it will help get your Yeti clean and checked preventively. Normal 1st service would happen only around 15K kms or 1 year whichever is earlier.
Skoda has changed it's service policy slightly, I think. Because I too have got a 7.5km or 6 month, whichever is earlier, Free Checkup Coupon, in the Service Booklet. The second coupon is for the Free 1st service at 15K kms/1 year. I presume, this 1st Free Checkup coupon, was not being provided earlier.
dkaile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2012, 12:21   #99
Senior - BHPian
 
Santoshbhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,709
Thanked: 2,464 Times
Default Re: The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Skoda has changed it's service policy slightly, I think. Because I too have got a 7.5km or 6 month, whichever is earlier, Free Checkup Coupon, in the Service Booklet. The second coupon is for the Free 1st service at 15K kms/1 year. I presume, this 1st Free Checkup coupon, was not being provided earlier.
Interesting change that. I was never given any free service check up coupon nor was I asked to bring the car in at 7500 Kms for any kind of check up. My car visited the service station for the first time after 15,000 kms for the first service only. Probably they have done this to check the oil level and top up if necessary. Some of their engines' oil consumption is on the higher side for the first few thousand kms, which later settles down to normal levels. To their credit they did inform me about this phenomenon and told me exactly what to do when that happens.
Santoshbhat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2012, 16:25   #100
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: delhi
Posts: 58
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I got the Tyres balanced and the wheels aligned and rotated today at HSR Layout , the Michelin tyre shop. The car has done 5000 kms and this is a good thing to do at this time.

I ve had the tyres completely deflated and refilled with Nitrogen at 34 PSI all round. The chap says it should last for 2 months - I will see how it goes this time. With 34 PSI and Nitrogen, the ride does feel a bit better than normal but this might be psychological - I dont know yet.

Good job done. Minimum fuss. Price for the entire job was Rs 1170/- all inclusive. Because all 4 wheels have to be aligned in a 4WD vehicle.

Since the spare is not a full size one there is no question of bringing it into play but the crossed over 4 tyres really make a difference to their life and overall even wear and tear.

At 7500kms I am planning to send the car in for a service checkup to check the oil levels, coolant and battery etc just for a bit of peace of mind.

Else Im planning to stick with the manufacturers recommended service intervals and will get it done only at the authorized service centres.

Cheers
i has to get the balancing done even before that, i.e at 1100 kms. very unusual to say the least as i was not expecting a visit to ASC so soon.
has anybody else faced this issue in the yeti as well?
meanwhile attaching a pic of my big foot
Attached Images
 
fiorano88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2012, 19:01   #101
BHPian
 
pramods's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Nagpur
Posts: 851
Thanked: 360 Times
Default Re: The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiorano88 View Post
When i took delivery of my yeti i was told to bring it for a routine check up at 75000kms..
So i think now its part of the service schedule.
Also i had a question for all the yeti owners. Can the offroad mode
Button be used on the fly for engaging the edl or one has to be at standstill?
You can use the offroad button anytime but it works only till the speed of 30kmph, beyond this the dashboard display would be gone but the offroad light will be still on, you have to press the button to disable, else ones the speed reduce to 30 it will again be enabled.

-Pramod
pramods is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2012, 08:25   #102
Senior - BHPian
 
maddy42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Phoenix, Coorg
Posts: 1,812
Thanked: 426 Times
Default Re: The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012

@Shankar: Amazing and congrats for the buy. Very very detailed review. The yeti looks are selective. At the current moment i sit with the latter half of the audience but like my previous buy of the Bolero over the scorpio just coz of the VFM i may vote in this cars favor.

Hell even jeremy voted for the same! Could you post your experience with Skoda *** as this can make or break my decision as i am in the market for a SUV and currently stuck in the wide range of XUV to Fortuner(XUV is the first version which is giving me jitters and the ride in the fortuner is supposed to give you jitters)

Any help from your end on this decision would help out.

Thanks in advance and happy golfing.
Maddy
maddy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2012, 12:44   #103
Senior - BHPian
 
F150's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: PUNE
Posts: 1,568
Thanked: 629 Times
Default

Dear Shankar,
Could you shed some light on highway cruising ability of the yeti ?
How comfortable is it at speeds of 140 - 150 kmph ? Is it averse to change of direction at these speeds like the traditional SUVs like fortuner ?

what is the difference between 4x4 and 4x2 in terms of engine internals ?
Was anyone successful in bumping the power of 4x2 to 140 bhp ?

There was thread for laura on the same topic.

I believe its the same engine doing duty in the Yeti.

Pretty unfair on skodas part to reduce the power on the 4x2.

Last edited by F150 : 26th April 2012 at 12:49.
F150 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2012, 13:36   #104
Senior - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,053
Thanked: 5,296 Times
Default Re: The Silver LittleBigFoot and a Skoda Yeti New Year 2012

I will put it plainly. I ve been happy in my dealings with Vinayak Skoda so far. Their GM is a decent bloke and stood by his committments to me. Anyway it is always a good thing to build a relationship with one's car dealership and workshop. I do it as a matter of course because I like doing it and my Dad always used to do the same so in a manner of speaking it is in my bones!
Even I faced the typical dilemma of Big Size SUV vs Baby SUV. For me, since we are only two people and occasionally 4 (including my folks) and again occasionally, one of the dogs accompanies us, we really dont need any SUV that is bigger than the Yeti.
For various reasons I dont like the XUV500 and would not consider it for myself. Same with the Fortuner.

In short, if you need loads of space and intend going far off the beaten track then the Fortuner is a great choice. If your space needs are not much and the usage is more "soft road" and urban, with the occasional jaunt to the hills or jungles, then the Yeti is absolutely perfect.

I can tell you that the quality, fit,finish and luxury of the Yeti is tops, so that's another plus, as far as I m concerned.



Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
@Shankar: Amazing and congrats for the buy. Very very detailed review. The yeti looks are selective. At the current moment i sit with the latter half of the audience but like my previous buy of the Bolero over the scorpio just coz of the VFM i may vote in this cars favor.

Hell even jeremy voted for the same! Could you post your experience with Skoda *** as this can make or break my decision as i am in the market for a SUV and currently stuck in the wide range of XUV to Fortuner(XUV is the first version which is giving me jitters and the ride in the fortuner is supposed to give you jitters)

Any help from your end on this decision would help out.

Thanks in advance and happy golfing.
Maddy

Yes, the Yeti can do 150-170 on an empty highway without any fuss and chaos. It feels very settled at high speeds. The Speed sensitive power steering is fantastic. SInce it is heavily loaded with safety features, one's confidence is also very high, when driving fast. Elsewhere on the forum (perhaps in this thread itself) I ve outlined my experience on the Chennai highway while avoiding a cow. No worries with the Yeti - its traction control, ESP and everything else kicks in beautifully when you need it, keeping you safe and insulated from the world around.

The 4x2 comes with a de-tuned version of the same engine. It develops 110BHP instead of 140BHP. Since it is a front wheel drive vehicle it is also lighter and hence, the lack of juice per se, is not really apparent. Skoda has reduced the power on account of the relative lightness, to keep costs a bit down and of course, for greater Fuel Efficiency.

I guess one can add on a Pete's box and do all sorts of mods and things to increase the power of the Yeti whether the 110 or 140 version, but personally, I wouldnt go there at all.

Im more interested in what Ive got in reserve, in terms of power and do not normally tend to use too much nor drive too fast overall.

I bought the vehicle for its quality, fit, finish and finesse + utility and ability. No regrets there so far! Touch Wood!


Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Dear Shankar,
Could you shed some light on highway cruising ability of the yeti ?
How comfortable is it at speeds of 140 - 150 kmph ? Is it averse to change of direction at these speeds like the traditional SUVs like fortuner ?

what is the difference between 4x4 and 4x2 in terms of engine internals ?
Was anyone successful in bumping the power of 4x2 to 140 bhp ?

There was thread for laura on the same topic.

I believe its the same engine doing duty in the Yeti.

Pretty unfair on skodas part to reduce the power on the 4x2.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 06:44   #105
Senior - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,053
Thanked: 5,296 Times
Default

I just got one of those aluminium colored ABS plastic protectors for the loading bay lip from superskoda. Expensive to ship here etc, but adds a lot to the functionality and the overall looks of the Yeti.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My 2012 Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance iTNerd Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 77 11th September 2015 00:24
New Skoda YETI concept - anyone interested? drchernish The International Automotive Scene 52 31st December 2012 13:27
VW New Jetta (MT) - Toffee Brown or Leaf Silver??? Update: It's Moonrock Silver! Mister_M Sedans 15 23rd July 2012 18:41
Experience with Skoda Dealerships in Pune (while purchasing Skoda Yeti) SushilBajpai Indian Car Dealerships 10 28th February 2012 16:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:09.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks