Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2012, 01:03   #16
BHPian
 
manjot1912's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 122
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: White Pearl - My 2011 Maruti Swift

Guys, going in for the second service in a couple of days. What are the main areas to be focused upon?

Thanks a lot!
manjot1912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2012, 16:08   #17
BHPian
 
manjot1912's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 122
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: White Pearl - My 2011 Maruti Swift

UPDATE :
Just returned from the second service of my Swift. Car had done exactly 5000 kms in three months. Tyre rotation was done, which included the spare wheel. Got the underbody checked for any damage as it received some hard blows during a weekend trip. There were vibrations in the dashboard center panel (above the HU) which was rectified by pasting foam pieces near the wires of the Hazard Switch. Minor paint touch-ups were done on scratches on the front and rear bumpers. Rest all regular check ups were done.
Total cost : NIL

Now the issues after the service :
The "Air-Circulation mode" switch has gone kaput. I absolutely have no idea how. Noticed this after returning home. Went straight back to the Service Center to get it fixed, but as usual, the new Swift's parts haven't yet started to arrive properly. Will have to wait for it.
Another problem I noticed after that is that the car has started to pull towards the left. The brand new spare wheel has been installed on the front-right wheel. Is this the reason? Tyre pressure was checked before taking delivery of the car and it was ok.
manjot1912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2012, 18:22   #18
BHPian
 
one-77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: KL08/MH01
Posts: 358
Thanked: 198 Times
Default Re: White Pearl - My 2011 Maruti Swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjot1912 View Post
Another problem I noticed after that is that the car has started to pull towards the left. The brand new spare wheel has been installed on the front-right wheel. Is this the reason? Tyre pressure was checked before taking delivery of the car and it was ok.
Just get wheel balancing and alignment done from a good tyre shop. The *** guys aren't good at this (among many other things).
one-77 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2012, 16:55   #19
BHPian
 
manjot1912's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 122
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: White Pearl - My 2011 Maruti Swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-77 View Post
Just get wheel balancing and alignment done from a good tyre shop. The *** guys aren't good at this (among many other things).
Thanks One-77! I went for the balancing and alignment work, and found out that everything was fine. The culprit was the spare tyre, which had been put up at the front right wheel. To confirm this, the front tyres were interchanged and it was noticed then that the car started pulling to the right (it was pulling to the left before). Then that tyre was interchanged with a rear one, and the problem is solved!
manjot1912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2012, 14:11   #20
BHPian
 
manjot1912's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 122
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: White Pearl - My 2011 Maruti Swift

Third free service done. Engine oil and fuel filter changed. Wheel balancing and tire rotation done.

I'm getting problems with the car's fuel consumption. It's returning very low figures. A recent calculation gave a figure of 15 kmpl. Method followed was tank full to tank full. Can it be a problem with the car's tuning, or something else?
manjot1912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2012, 15:46   #21
BHPian
 
hemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 83
Thanked: 24 Times
Default Re: White Pearl - My 2011 Maruti Swift

First check whether the air filter is clean.

The guys at MASS may have forgotten to clean it.
hemen is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2012, 15:54   #22
BHPian
 
S@ndy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Amritsar/PB 02
Posts: 219
Thanked: 248 Times
Default Re: White Pearl - My 2011 Maruti Swift

Manjot congrats for the new car! I guess I'm the last person to congrats you on your bonny ride. White color suits the car well! Will wait forward to hear from you about your swift. Please keep the thread updated regularly so it helps other members of forum as well and once again, Congrats!

S@ndy
S@ndy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2012, 16:34   #23
BHPian
 
manjot1912's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 122
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: White Pearl - My 2011 Maruti Swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemen View Post
First check whether the air filter is clean.

The guys at MASS may have forgotten to clean it.
Thanks Hemen. Will get it done ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@ndy View Post
Manjot congrats for the new car! I guess I'm the last person to congrats you on your bonny ride. White color suits the car well! Will wait forward to hear from you about your swift. Please keep the thread updated regularly so it helps other members of forum as well and once again, Congrats!

S@ndy
Thanks a lot Sandy. I will do my best to update it regularly. I had been out of action for quite a while.
manjot1912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2012, 21:57   #24
BHPian
 
saurabhdadhichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 213
Thanked: 68 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjot1912
Third free service done. Engine oil and fuel filter changed. Wheel balancing and tire rotation done.

I'm getting problems with the car's fuel consumption. It's returning very low figures. A recent calculation gave a figure of 15 kmpl. Method followed was tank full to tank full. Can it be a problem with the car's tuning, or something else?
Do check yourself if the air filter is clean or not. Secondly what was the average temperature during the 225 kms drive? Also do you use clutch a lot while driving? I mean let's say you have to apply brakes driving in 5th gear do you depress clutch along with brakes? Also what has been the best mileage attained ever?

Then may be can look at possible reason of why the FE is like this.
saurabhdadhichi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2012, 23:37   #25
BHPian
 
manjot1912's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 122
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: White Pearl - My 2011 Maruti Swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhdadhichi View Post
Do check yourself if the air filter is clean or not. Secondly what was the average temperature during the 225 kms drive? Also do you use clutch a lot while driving? I mean let's say you have to apply brakes driving in 5th gear do you depress clutch along with brakes? Also what has been the best mileage attained ever?

Then may be can look at possible reason of why the FE is like this.
Thanks Saurabh. I did check the filter yesterday and found it very unclean. Went straight to the Service Center and after 10 minutes of bashing them up, got the filter cleaned. Now I got an average of 19 kmpl which included 200 kms on highway and roughly 100 kms on city roads, with A.C. on all the time. Highway driving was done with 4 passengers and constant speed of around 100 kmph.

And I'm sorry but I didn't get which temperature you were referring to.
Also, I don't use the clutch when applying brakes at 5th gear. Clutch used only to change gear. I don't ride it the whole time. The best FE till now was around 20-21 kmpl with 50-50 city and highway driving.
manjot1912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2012, 23:53   #26
BHPian
 
R-Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 220
Thanked: 131 Times
Default Re: White Pearl - My 2011 Maruti Swift

Congrats on the new buy manjot1912! One of the best diesel hatches in the country.

The only reason why I din buy the swift was because of its insane waiting period. I'm sure that you might have waited for at-least a couple of months before you could lay hands on it.

drive safe buddy!!

- r-six
R-Six is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 06:49   #27
BHPian
 
saurabhdadhichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 213
Thanked: 68 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjot1912

Thanks Saurabh. I did check the filter yesterday and found it very unclean. Went straight to the Service Center and after 10 minutes of bashing them up, got the filter cleaned. Now I got an average of 19 kmpl which included 200 kms on highway and roughly 100 kms on city roads, with A.C. on all the time. Highway driving was done with 4 passengers and constant speed of around 100 kmph.

And I'm sorry but I didn't get which temperature you were referring to.
Also, I don't use the clutch when applying brakes at 5th gear. Clutch used only to change gear. I don't ride it the whole time. The best FE till now was around 20-21 kmpl with 50-50 city and highway driving.
That's good to know problem is solved already.

My intention of asking about the ambient temperature( outside temperature )was that when driving car at high temperatures, FE of the car is not upto it's desired level. This difference can be also noticed when driving during the winters as car FE is much better because of better combustion.
saurabhdadhichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2012, 22:51   #28
BHPian
 
manjot1912's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 122
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: White Pearl - My 2011 Maruti Swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Six View Post
Congrats on the new buy manjot1912! One of the best diesel hatches in the country.

The only reason why I din buy the swift was because of its insane waiting period. I'm sure that you might have waited for at-least a couple of months before you could lay hands on it.

drive safe buddy!!

- r-six
Thanks R-Six. I had waited exactly 3 months for the delivery, at a time when waiting period was touching 6-8 months atleast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhdadhichi View Post
That's good to know problem is solved already.

My intention of asking about the ambient temperature( outside temperature )was that when driving car at high temperatures, FE of the car is not upto it's desired level. This difference can be also noticed when driving during the winters as car FE is much better because of better combustion.
Ok. I get the point. I can't remember the exact figure but i guess it was somewhere around 40 degrees that day on the 225 km trip. Whereas, it was much cooler on my last trip, due to rains. Now I'm waiting to get the city fuel consumption figures. Fingers crossed.
manjot1912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2012, 19:17   #29
BHPian
 
Sridhar K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 591
Thanked: 192 Times
Default Re: White Pearl - My 2011 Maruti Swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjot1912 View Post
Thanks Saurabh. I did check the filter yesterday and found it very unclean. Went straight to the Service Center and after 10 minutes of bashing them up, got the filter cleaned.
I remember reading the new Swift's manual which states that air filter cleaning is not required for diesel but only replacement at 20k which is why the service center wouldn't have bothered. Need to confirm though.
Sridhar K is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha - Pearl Arctic White Dr.Naren Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 341 8th December 2017 20:59
What Color in swift VDi?Metallic Sunlight Copper or Pearl Metallic Arctic White. Poll SumitBahl Hatchbacks 54 4th May 2009 14:26
My New Ride....Swift VDI(Pearl White) maverick555 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 29 15th August 2008 14:14


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:05.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks