Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 17th April 2012, 00:07   #301
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder28 View Post
hey VIGSOM you mentioned:
May I know where did you buy it ast such a price beacuse i too want to change the front bumper assembly of my swift dzire and the price that i have been quoted in Bikaner MASS is Rs 5500!!!
2200/- should be the price of a bumper with primer & NOT painted. Once you paint it, it should be around 4000/-. If you are NOT particular about MA$$ painting, I suggest you buy a bumper from aftermarket shops or MS retail shops and get it painted in a reputed shop. That would bring down the overall cost by a good margin.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2012, 00:40   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder28 View Post

May I know where did you buy it ast such a price beacuse i too want to change the front bumper assembly of my swift dzire and the price that i have been quoted in Bikaner MASS is Rs 5500!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
2200/- should be the price of a bumper with primer & NOT painted. Once you paint it, it should be around 4000/-.
the plain bumper costs that much ; primer + finish+paint jobs would cost an additional 2k max as swiftnfurious has indicated
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2012, 13:54   #303

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
2200/- should be the price of a bumper with primer & NOT painted. Once you paint it, it should be around 4000/-. If you are NOT particular about MA$$ painting, I suggest you buy a bumper from aftermarket shops or MS retail shops and get it painted in a reputed shop. That would bring down the overall cost by a good margin.
Thanks a lot for the swift reply. That is exactly what i did.
The Bumper costed Rs 2200
and paint job Rs 1800
so the total came to 4000 a saving of Rs1500 . and the non MA$$ is not at all bad
inder28 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2012, 21:40   #304
BHPian

Did an interesting test of Dzire's 316L boot space. My and my friend went to the dealer with our golf bags. We could easily fit both our golf bags in the trunk and still had space left for a couple of soft duffels

It was pretty interesting to see that 316 is not all that small a space either.
sbhasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2012, 12:57   #305
BHPian

Changed to the new dzire zdi in March, 2012, from swift vdi 2008 model, overall satisfied with the car. there are a few points i want to discus-
-There is a low frequency resonating sound, at idling, particularly when ac is running, it is not viberation, but a thrummm sound, it was not there in the older swift, anyone else observed this? or it is with my vehicle only. This sound is somewhat similar to Punto's engine boom sound, or may be it is a Fiat manufactured engine in my car.
-Can we use mineral oil, instead of synthetic oil, will it do any harm to the engine?
gsratta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2012, 16:47   #306
BHPian

Any idea whats the waiting period for Maruti Swift Dzire (ZXi model)? i have booked a ZXi model (white colour) with leading maruti dealer in Mumbai during mid March. I was quoted a waiting period on 8 weeks. However even after 8 weeks, there is no sight of the car.

When checked with dealer, he mentioned that they are mainly getting VXi / LDi / VDi from Maruti. Appearently at begining of every fortnight, there is a list from Maruti quoteing cars that would be leaving from factory in next couple of weeks (called something like POS or something) and for last couple of fortnights, there are no ZXi varients in the same...

So thought checking on the forum if anyone else has faced the same problem / waiting.
F1amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2012, 16:34   #307
BHPian

yet to see a Dzire AT in T-bhp, or am I wrong? I'm actively considering this as an option for our strictly-in-city use. So any ownership experiences would have been good to come across.
vinjosep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2012, 18:42   #308
BHPian

AAh! the darling of all compact sedans. really wonder how maruti manages to create something new and makes it a bumper hit. this is really very very surprising. Have all the reasons to believe that maruti knows the pulse of indian customers. Really they make cars and sell it and ask the customers to sleep all the way through its ownership. Moreover the cost of spares is really cheap. Most manufaturers may sell cheap cars but once you go for some repair or replacements out of warranty periods, then only the customer realizes that he has not taken a very right decision.
su1978 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2012, 15:49   #309
BHPian

Source:
Maruti hikes prices of diesel DZire by up to Rs 12,000 - The Times of India

Extract:
The country's largest car maker Maruti Suzuki India has raised the prices of the new diesel variants of its sedan DZire by up to Rs 12,000 from this month, citing input costs pressure.

"The company is feeling the pressure of input costs. To mitigate the impact, we have hiked the prices of only diesel variants of the new DZire with effect from May 1," a senior Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) official said.

The company has increased the rates of the model between Rs 8,000 and Rs 12,000, he added.
SwiftSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2012, 16:00   #310
Distinguished - BHPian

Planning to book a Swift/Swift Dzire in the VXI/VDI trim soon. I need the vehicle only by September/October and not before that. My previous purchase was from Indus, i think in sales they are good. Does anyone in Trivandrum can suggest any particular dealer or sales executive with whom they've had a good experience?
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2012, 14:55   #311
BHPian

Hey Amit - Ive also booked my ZXI (white) on April 1. Guess it was the wrong day to do so, as im still waiting for any kinda communication/confirmation! Booked at Vitesse, Andheri (W) (8 week deivery time)
omar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2012, 12:45   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar View Post
Hey Amit - Ive also booked my ZXI (white) on April 1. Guess it was the wrong day to do so, as im still waiting for any kinda communication/confirmation! Booked at Vitesse, Andheri (W) (8 week deivery time)
Its more than 10 weeks of wait for Dzire ZXi White colour and thus I have decided to go ahead with delivery of Swift Dzire Pacific Blue colour. Last weekend, done PDI at dealership stock yard and gave a go ahead for alloting the car. Would be getting delivery of the same this week.

When @ stockyard, checked various ZXi's there. I could locate 3 ZXi in Pacific Blue colour, one black and on in Baige colour. But not a single while ZXi was seen. So finally have decided to switch colour and looking forward to take delivery of the car.
F1amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2012, 00:41   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1amit View Post
Its more than 10 weeks of wait for Dzire ZXi White colour and thus I have decided to go ahead with delivery of Swift Dzire Pacific Blue colour. Last weekend, done PDI at dealership stock yard and gave a go ahead for alloting the car. Would be getting delivery of the same this week.

When @ stockyard, checked various ZXi's there. I could locate 3 ZXi in Pacific Blue colour, one black and on in Baige colour. But not a single while ZXi was seen. So finally have decided to switch colour and looking forward to take delivery of the car.
Congrats on the Allotment buddy! Which Dealer? and wat was the final price OTR? My dealer says that the Z trims are not being produced in ample numbers and that had i chosen the VXI, I would be Driving around town by now!
omar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2012, 23:21   #314
BHPian

Dzire's cooling capacity at rear bench seems to be inadequate. It takes its own sweet time to cool the entire cabin.
Any comments on this ? New Swift/dzire owners?

What steps should be taken for quicker cooling ?

- Should the air circulation mode be changed for outside air to come on or just the internal air should be circulated ?

- Shockingly Alto's ac seem to be better ! What is the compressor rating of these cars, can someone mention?

(Climate is tropical at my place. Extreme and 45+ at times. Sunfilms still installed.)
Turbokick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2012, 11:06   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
Dzire's cooling capacity at rear bench seems to be inadequate. It takes its own sweet time to cool the entire cabin.
Any comments on this ? New Swift/dzire owners?

What steps should be taken for quicker cooling ?

- Should the air circulation mode be changed for outside air to come on or just the internal air should be circulated ?

- Shockingly Alto's ac seem to be better ! What is the compressor rating of these cars, can someone mention?

(Climate is tropical at my place. Extreme and 45+ at times. Sunfilms still installed.)
I don't find the AC inadequate. I have a Zdi and its mostly on ACC. If I have people on the rear bench, I just set the temp to a degree or two lower and that does the trick. Many a times the rear bench starts complaining that its too cold in around 15 odd minutes.
Adi_k is offline   Reply With Quote