Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2013, 19:43   #466
Senior - BHPian
 
dass's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,048
Thanked: 431 Times
Default re: Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Cross posting from my ownership experience thread.

Was the issue resolved? what happened? This is scary considering its hardly done 5k kms. Anything to do with the fuel quality?
dass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2013, 23:14   #467
Senior - BHPian
 
dZired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 1,724
Thanked: 7,427 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post

Was the issue resolved? what happened? This is scary considering its hardly done 5k kms. Anything to do with the fuel quality?
The cause of the issue has not yet been diagnosed. Car is still standing at the service station.
I have posted all the details in my ownership thread.
dZired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2013, 19:29   #468
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 80
Thanked: 4 Times
Default re: Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire

Is there Bright Red colour option in Dzire like in the Swift hatch? The website displays the option but I don't remember seeing any new Dzire in this colour

http://www.marutisuzuki.com/dzire/DzireColours.aspx
nvssudheer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2013, 19:16   #469
Senior - BHPian
 
dZired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 1,724
Thanked: 7,427 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvssudheer View Post
Is there Bright Red colour option in Dzire like in the Swift hatch?
Yes. I have seen the Bright Red colour on DZire a couple of times and I have to admit, it doesn't look as great as it looks on the hatchback.
dZired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2013, 19:30   #470
Senior - BHPian
 
dass's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,048
Thanked: 431 Times
Default re: Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvssudheer View Post
Is there Bright Red colour option in Dzire like in the Swift hatch? The website displays the option but I don't remember seeing any new Dzire in this colour

http://www.marutisuzuki.com/dzire/DzireColours.aspx
No, the color on the hatch is brick red, the same is not available on Dzire. I Wanted the same color for mine, but since the available red in Dzire was different from the hatch, I took a beige one.
dass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2013, 16:25   #471
BHPian
 
NFS2024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 471
Thanked: 66 Times
Default

Dear all - a quick question. Does the zdi model come with front disc brakes? If so how is the braking efficiency? I could not find this info in any of the brochures.

I test drove the older version of dzire and wasnt that happy with the brakes.
NFS2024 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2013, 16:38   #472
BHPian
 
amitpunjani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 451
Thanked: 100 Times
Default re: Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Dear all - a quick question. Does the zdi model come with front disc brakes? If so how is the braking efficiency? I could not find this info in any of the brochures.

I test drove the older version of dzire and wasnt that happy with the brakes.
In today's world nearly the cars are equipped with front disc brakes. NANO is the one i can recall which has front drum brakes in front.

Some of the cars like top model of i20 which comes with rear disc brakes as well.
amitpunjani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2013, 16:57   #473
BHPian
 
NFS2024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 471
Thanked: 66 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post

In today's world nearly the cars are equipped with front disc brakes. NANO is the one i can recall which has front drum brakes in front.

Some of the cars like top model of i20 which comes with rear disc brakes as well.
Well ok. But my 2009 swift doesnt have any disc brakes. My point was its not mentioned in the brochures that I saw today after taking a test drive even though the SE confirmed that it does come with front discs. Owners pls confirm.
NFS2024 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2013, 17:57   #474
BHPian
 
amitpunjani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 451
Thanked: 100 Times
Default re: Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Well ok. But my 2009 swift doesnt have any disc brakes. My point was its not mentioned in the brochures that I saw today after taking a test drive even though the SE confirmed that it does come with front discs. Owners pls confirm.
Are you sure SWIFT 2009 doesn't have disc brakes?? In the brochure it isn't mentioned these days about disc brakes, as its taken by default by the customer
amitpunjani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2013, 21:23   #475
BHPian
 
NFS2024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 471
Thanked: 66 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post

Are you sure SWIFT 2009 doesn't have disc brakes?? In the brochure it isn't mentioned these days about disc brakes, as its taken by default by the customer
Well as far as I hav seen, most advertise it. This is a one off instance where I did not see it mentioned in the brochure.
NFS2024 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2013, 13:57   #476
Senior - BHPian
 
CARDEEP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NCR
Posts: 2,699
Thanked: 1,483 Times
Default re: Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Well as far as I hav seen, most advertise it. This is a one off instance where I did not see it mentioned in the brochure.
Hi @NFS2024

with @amitpunjani here that Swift/ Dzire have got discs up-front, however not at the rear set. Again, all cars on sale in India, except M800 & Nano, come with front disc brakes.

However, the brakes on Swift & Dzire current versions on L & V variants may not feel adequate an enthusiast.
CARDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2013, 12:53   #477
BHPian
 
hungrygamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: bangalore
Posts: 42
Thanked: 15 Times
Default re: Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire

A noob question, whats the tire pressure required (nitrogen)
I normally keep 32 and refill every 2 months
hungrygamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2013, 17:13   #478
Senior - BHPian
 
dass's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,048
Thanked: 431 Times
Default re: Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungrygamer View Post
A noob question, whats the tire pressure required (nitrogen)
I normally keep 32 and refill every 2 months
I keep it at 33 and like you, refill every two months. I did upgrade my VDI tyres from the stock GY to A drives. I beleive the optimum pressure depends on the size of the tyre and the requirement of the driver.
dass is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2013, 20:08   #479
BHPian
 
sabsubs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 259
Thanked: 39 Times
Default re: Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire

Hi All, Currently I own an i10 and I am planning to upgrade to an entry level sedan. I have zeroed on Dzire, however just a quick question, is the waiting period for diesel variant especially VDI is long? Could some one who has just taken delivery please let me know the waiting period for diesel variant in Bangalore.
sabsubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2013, 00:28   #480
Senior - BHPian
 
dass's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,048
Thanked: 431 Times
Default re: Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
Hi All, Currently I own an i10 and I am planning to upgrade to an entry level sedan. I have zeroed on Dzire, however just a quick question, is the waiting period for diesel variant especially VDI is long? Could some one who has just taken delivery please let me know the waiting period for diesel variant in Bangalore.
I think the waiting period varies as per the color of the vehicle, however all of them to have a minimum on 45 days waiting period. Let me know if you need some help if you need it quicker. I do have a contact who may be able to get it a little faster.
dass is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2nd-gen Maruti Dzire Tour launched at INR 5.24 lakhs Leoshashi The Indian Car Scene 21 2nd September 2017 21:40
Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz GTO Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 2325 5th July 2017 10:06
DZire gets fulfilled : 2013 Silky Silver Maruti DZire Vxi dZired Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 50 14th July 2014 11:39
Let's Dzire again, but this time ZDi. My Maruti Dzire. EDIT: Totalled rockporiom Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 86 18th November 2013 16:26
Suspension upgrade for Dzire (Maruti Swift Dzire) Murugan Modifications & Accessories 15 12th September 2010 12:34


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:03.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks