Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 20th August 2012, 03:21   #91
BHPian

Default Re: Bronze Grey Nissan Sunny Diesel - 6 month / 5000 km update

Just bumped into your thread. Sunny does look good in grey. FE reported is awesome. The 1.5dCi has all the ingredients to dethrone the National Indian Diesel aka Multijet.
Utopian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2012, 11:42   #92
BHPian

Thanks Aroonanand for sharing your experience.

My Sunny dCi is due for first service in Oct. I agree on most of the points you have shared. Few of the points what I feel are:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
[*]Good ride quality: suspension offsets the the impact of innumerable potholes and bad roads
While the overall ride quality is good, the caar touches most of the humps when fully loaded (4 adults with kids). This may be attributed to the soft suspension - where I miss my SX4.

Quote:
Highly efficient diesel engine and superb fuel efficiency. Consistently returns mileage of over 16-17 kmpl in city traffic and over 20-21 on highways with AC always on.
I also drive around 35 kms on a daily basis (banaswadi to Koramangla and back) in B2B traffic and I am getting around 15 kmpl now. This has increased gradually from 12.8 kmpl in the beginning. (I measure pure tank full to tank full with fuel filled till brim). Not tried it on highways so far.

Quote:
Noise levels, especially tyre noise seems quite high on certain surfaces. Fellow BHP ians have attributed it to the stock JK Tyres - an upgrade should solve this issue.
I changed my tyres to Michelin XM2 in the beginning itself. There is a slight change in noise level because of this change. But as you mentioned tyre noise is still quite high on certain surfaces. Some Dampening would work ???? Also I am thinking of fixing a dampening material under the bonnet. Any suggestion. This will surely reduce the engine noise slightly.
DigitalDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2012, 13:59   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
Thanks Aroonanand for sharing your experience.

My Sunny dCi is due for first service in Oct. I agree on most of the points you have shared. Few of the points what I feel are:

While the overall ride quality is good, the caar touches most of the humps when fully loaded (4 adults with kids). This may be attributed to the soft suspension - where I miss my SX4.

I also drive around 35 kms on a daily basis (banaswadi to Koramangla and back) in B2B traffic and I am getting around 15 kmpl now. This has increased gradually from 12.8 kmpl in the beginning. (I measure pure tank full to tank full with fuel filled till brim). Not tried it on highways so far.

I changed my tyres to Michelin XM2 in the beginning itself. There is a slight change in noise level because of this change. But as you mentioned tyre noise is still quite high on certain surfaces. Some Dampening would work ???? Also I am thinking of fixing a dampening material under the bonnet. Any suggestion. This will surely reduce the engine noise slightly.
Thanks for your comments. Have not faced a big issue with the humps within Bangalore, even with 4 occupants. But the car does scrape the monstrous hump on Sarjapur road (near Decathlon railway crossing) and did kiss a couple of ill designed humps on state highways.

This weekend I was in Coorg and there, even with 2 occupants, had to be extremely careful on some poor interior roads to avoid any damage to the underbody. One of my friends, with a Laura, had no issue with 5 occupants though !

Not yet laid hands on a good dampening material - let me know if you come across any.
aroonanand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2012, 19:00   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Did not add any accessories to the car apart from the rear parking sensor did not feel the need for anything else as the CAAAR had everything else !!!)
aroon, good review. sorry, to pick out a small portion of your review and concentrating on that alone. is the reverse sensor the dashboard mounted one? what is the feedback of this? did you get any other accessory along with it?
SujAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2012, 14:07   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SujAce View Post
aroon, good review. sorry, to pick out a small portion of your review and concentrating on that alone. is the reverse sensor the dashboard mounted one? what is the feedback of this? did you get any other accessory along with it?

Thanks ! Yes, the sensor's display unit is mounted on the left most end of the dashboard. It is very effective and comes with 4 sensors mounted on the bumper. So far, touchwood, have not hit anything while reversing. Parking in my apartment, which has a lot of ill designed pillars, is a breeze with this. No other accessories along with the sensor. Hope this helps!
aroonanand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2015, 07:08   #96

Hi,

How is your Sunny doing. I was thinking about buying 3D mats for mine. Do you have any suggestions?
dineshdileep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2015, 11:24   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dineshdileep View Post
Hi,

How is your Sunny doing. I was thinking about buying 3D mats for mine. Do you have any suggestions?
Hi Dinesh,
Its been close to 3 yrs now and so far its going great. No complaints abt it so far. I have the regular mats in my Sunny and haven't gone in for 3D mats. Got feedback from a few friends that it was not that great, hence haven't evaluated these yet.

Incase you have some feedback post your experience, do share.
SujAce is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2015, 12:03   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dineshdileep View Post
Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by SujAce View Post
Hi Dinesh,
Its been close to 3 yrs now and so far its going great. No complaints abt it so far. I have the regular mats in my Sunny and haven't gone in for 3D mats. Got feedback from a few friends that it was not that great, hence haven't evaluated these yet.

Incase you have some feedback post your experience, do share.

Hey, the caar is doing quite well indeed. No issues so far, returns great mileage and gives a smile when I take it for a highway spin. Completed the 70k service recently (my car has clocked less than half of that mileage though). Replaced brake pads as they were worn out and the intercooler assembly as this was damaged causing some oil leak, potentially from a stone or hump hit.

I did recently buy Star 3D Mats from Amazon for ~2000 and they do fit in snugly. Bought beige and they blend well with the light interiors of the car. Do check them out.
aroonanand is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2015, 12:20   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Hey, the caar is doing quite well indeed. No issues so far, returns great mileage and gives a smile when I take it for a highway spin. Completed the 70k service recently (my car has clocked less than half of that mileage though). Replaced brake pads as they were worn out and the intercooler assembly as this was damaged causing some oil leak, potentially from a stone or hump hit.

I did recently buy Star 3D Mats from Amazon for ~2000 and they do fit in snugly. Bought beige and they blend well with the light interiors of the car. Do check them out.
Hey Aroon,
Good to hear that the going has been good so far!! I've clocked abt 30k kms so far, with quite a few long drives, which have been very enjoyable ones. My family of 5 is comfortably seated with sufficient legspace.

How well does the 3D mat protect the car as compared to regular mats? Are there any overheads maintenance wise?
SujAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2015, 12:25   #100

Good to know that I have around 31K on the odo. Changed the brake pads for the last service. I feel the AC is slightly sluggish and less powerful from past few days. My brother had scraped sunny's underbody 2-3 times last two weeks (sounds so weird if you put in that actress's name ). I believe the AC became sluggish after that, do you think this might be due to this intercooler assembly you are talking abt?
Old 2nd August 2017, 10:27   #101

How is your sunny doing now?. 50K will be done soon for my car in couple of weeks. I plan to take it for a full check-up. Is there anything in particular I should be checking?