Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2012, 23:43   #16
BHPian
 
RIC.BURNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 192
Thanked: 102 Times
Default Re: Crime Against Logic - My Fiat Linea T-Jet +

Congrats Carwatcher on the beautiful jet, if i had little more money this would have been my choice. white looks classy, darker tint will make it more stunner.
RIC.BURNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2012, 11:56   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
S_U_N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,781
Thanked: 380 Times
Default Re: Crime Against Logic - My Fiat Linea T-Jet +

@carwatcher: Congratulations. May I suggest a coat or two of Collinite 845 wax to keep the white shining and gleaming as is at the moment.
Please head on to the car cleaning/ detailing thread and preserve the paint of your beauty.
Also, any underbody rust treatment might be important since your car was standing in harsh environments and you live in the coastal areas.
8.5 Lacs for a proper sedan is a good price.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2012, 12:00   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
carwatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bardez, Goa
Posts: 1,185
Thanked: 999 Times
Default Re: Crime Against Logic - My Fiat Linea T-Jet +

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Congratulations! White looks royal. Just waiting to TD the 2012 t-jets soon and experience the famed Engine!

Dont want to scare you but the tata-fiat dealership in 'Nuvem' is poor when it comes to sales and service. Parts availability is poor and they act as if they are doing you a big favour when you go for your regular service.

Enjoy your beast!
Yes, I read so much against them but firstly, we don't have a choice and secondly, before buying I had really long discussions with TSM from Tata-Fiat, Sales Manager and Sales Representatives. It seems they are aware about their image. That also resulted in very good PDI. I went to Linea and Punto 2012 launch party also. There they assured us that Fiat is trying very hard to improve their service, etc. and their level will only go upwards from now. So lets hope for the best.
Goan attitude is also partly responsible for this as what I have experienced here with all the businesses either big or small. Believe me what I have learned is don't go with any expectation as you will be told to come tomorrow even if its 10 AM in the morning and you will become furious and spoil your mood and health but it won't bother even 0.1% to them. So take it easy for health sake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Congratulations. That's a mouth watering price for a turbo charged petrol top end variant. But did you say it was an April-2011 manufactured car??
I thought someone else will post on this. AFAIK Fiat has not manufactured any T-Jets after May-June. Whatever they are selling are those ones only. I have absolutely no problems as long as they do very good PDI and thats exactly they did. They changed the Engine Oil too. And aren't hefty discounts are for that reason only. If 2012 T-Jet comes only with Rain Sensing Wipers and Auto Headlamps and increased GC and I am told to pay 1.20 Lacs extra (if Insurance is free on 2012 T-Jet also), I am more than happy with April 2011 T-Jet, and it will come only after April. So wait for another 3 months. As long as you plan to keep the car for long term this doesn't matter much IMHO.
I have also read that the 2012 T-Jet would be having 17" Alloy wheels (wow) and other goodies. So it would definitely cost around 10 Lacs. Considering that I am more than happy with my decision.
I also had a chat with TSM regarding 2012 T-Jet he mentioned 1.6 is out of question as they want volumes and he also mentioned Bravo is also looking out of question as Indian customers are not ready to pay 8-9 Lacs for a hatchback. Otherwise its a very good car. So let's wait and watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironshark View Post
Congratulations carwarcher!!! Welcome to the Fiat club!!!! You have indeed chosen a car that will make you grin every time you step up the gas!!!! It is a engine that most of us enthusiasts will drool on!!!

Wishing you many many happy miles!!!

And yes, once a Fiatian, always a Fiatian!!!!
I want to be a happy and satisfied customer first and then a diehard Fiatian and Fiat fan. So lets hope for the best.

Last edited by carwatcher : 13th February 2012 at 12:16.
carwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2012, 09:27   #19
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,055
Thanked: 6,602 Times
Default Re: Crime Against Logic - My Fiat Linea T-Jet +

Note From Team-BHP Support Team: Thread moved from Assembly Line to Test-Drives & Initial-Ownership-Reports section. Thanks for sharing.
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2012, 09:59   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
fiat_tarun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune / Mysore
Posts: 1,113
Thanked: 582 Times
Default Re: Crime Against Logic - My Fiat Linea T-Jet +

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
So far I have faced three issues with the car.
.
.
Volume is at maximum when call is made/received via Blue and Me, called and got it solved, couldn’t find it specifically mentioned in the manual. It can be reduced / increased via volume control switches at the steering only while the call is in progress.
.
.
Congrats on the T-Jet carwatcher. I'm sure the car will put a smile on your face everytime you drive it.

On the bluetooth call volume, it can be adjusted under default volume in the audio setting menu IIRC.
fiat_tarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2012, 13:00   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
carwatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bardez, Goa
Posts: 1,185
Thanked: 999 Times
Default Re: Crime Against Logic - My Fiat Linea T-Jet +

Please someone send their suggestions on the following issue faced by me:
Taken from my opening post.
Off late, Brakes make some sound when applied. It didn’t affect the braking a bit though. I have changed the Fusion front Brake discs in last service around 7 months ago. I got the similar sound around two months back. When I did regular servicing last month, discussed the issue with them. They checked the brakes thoroughly and told me that if the car is parked for more than a day, brake pads become hard and make a sound for first few times and then become softer. Nothing to worry about and its absolutely normal. I noted that they make sound only when I use my car after a gap of 2 days or more and that sound disappears after say 2-3 times when brakes are applied. Performance wise they are perfectly fine. Now the absolutely similar sound came from Linea after I took the car out after a gap of 2 full days i.e. almost 60-65 hours. So can someone tell whether that is normal or should I get this checked.
Thanks in advance

Last edited by carwatcher : 17th February 2012 at 13:15.
carwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2012, 13:03   #22
BHPian
 
Blow Horn Ok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bokaro
Posts: 597
Thanked: 359 Times
Default Re: Crime Against Logic - My Fiat Linea T-Jet +

That's because the brake pad's dust. Even i feel the same in my car. Pressure wash the wheels and you would notice good amount of brake dust coming out.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2012, 13:17   #23
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: ............
Posts: 3,260
Thanked: 4,212 Times
Default Re: Crime Against Logic - My Fiat Linea T-Jet +

Congratulations and best wishes, carwatcher, on becoming a proud owner of a FIAT Linea T-Jet+.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
They checked the brakes thoroughly and told me that if the car is parked for more than a day, brake pads become hard and make a sound for first few times and then become softer.
I take out my Linea once a week or two. But, I don't hear any noise from her brakes. Please get the brakes checked thoroughly.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2012, 13:25   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
carwatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bardez, Goa
Posts: 1,185
Thanked: 999 Times
Default Re: Crime Against Logic - My Fiat Linea T-Jet +

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Congratulations and best wishes, carwatcher, on becoming a proud owner of a FIAT Linea T-Jet+.

I take out my Linea once a week or two. But, I don't hear any noise from her brakes. Please get the brakes checked thoroughly.
Thanks for quick reply.
I feel my staying in coastal area has some link with this. Anyway I'll do that whenever its earliest possible. The peculiar thing is that the sound comes only from disc brakes. Front ones in fusion and as Linea is having all four discs, I didn't check thoroughly as to exactly from which side it is coming. But it is exactly the same as Fusion's. I am not worried till the point of loosing my sleep but yes will definitely discuss with them. Noticed very slight rust also on the rear discs (will try to post pics).

Last edited by carwatcher : 17th February 2012 at 13:27.
carwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2012, 13:58   #25
BHPian
 
jazzrockz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 58
Thanked: 40 Times
Default Re: Crime Against Logic - My Fiat Linea T-Jet +

Awesome - "Crime Against Logic " hahahaaha so true! the title...
Tjet is a real blast in those narrow winding roads of GOA. Had some around 15th aug last year when i drove from Mangalore to Pune.
The brake sounds are nothing, more usage cleans up everything and your jet will be clean as a missile. The white Tjet is something else with those 16" ers. This is one car that's got everything!
Waiting for the pics with Goa backdrops!
Happy jettin'!
jazzrockz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2012, 14:44   #26
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Delhi
Posts: 236
Thanked: 129 Times
Default Re: Crime Against Logic - My Fiat Linea T-Jet +

The best way to clean up the brakes is a nice hard spin. The car likes to be pushed, unfortunately. She's very lazy to start with but when you push hard she just comes to life.

The brake sound happens to me all the time when pottering about town and braking at super-low speeds. Also when I release the handbrake on Monday morning (the car left idle over the weekend) the brakes 'stick' for the first movement.

One reasonably long ride at cruising speeds is enough to fix it, if you're not the hard-riding sort. The key is to have warm brakes, those always work better than cold ones.
cranky is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2012, 17:24   #27
BHPian
 
Shreyas Aterkar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 252
Thanked: 138 Times
Default Re: Crime Against Logic - My Fiat Linea T-Jet +

Congrats carwatcher! T-jet for 8.4 lakhs wow! Great deal for my favourite car. T-jet is the best petrol car this side of 10 lakhs IMO and white looks really nice on it. Am sure it will be a hoot to drive on the goan roads and you can enjoy its potential fully there. Am eagerly waiting for the 2012 t-jet and its on top of my list when i would change my beloved esteem.
Shreyas Aterkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2012, 09:41   #28
Senior - BHPian
 
carwatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bardez, Goa
Posts: 1,185
Thanked: 999 Times
Default Re: Crime Against Logic - My Fiat Linea T-Jet +

I took the car yesterday for weekend evening drive with the family to city (10kms one way). Brakes worked absolutely fine and couldn't hear the noise due to kids and music. After coming back I checked the discs, there was no trace of any rust as reported by me earlier. Discs were little hot too.
We spent good time in the city and were back after 3 hours but when I was back home, only thing I was remembering the wonderful drive of the Jet.
carwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2012, 12:11   #29
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,611
Thanked: 8,607 Times
Default Re: Crime Against Logic - My Fiat Linea T-Jet +

Nice review there. And its really crime against logic! But you know what, we have one life
to live. So indulgences are always welcome at some stages! Congrats.
T-Jet is a dream car for the highway. One always feels there is something more that the engine can offer.
And given the fact that the roads is Goa are almost like the highway, you would be enjoying it even more.


The one thing that I share(d) with you: A Fusion. You are done with it and I am yet to!
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2012, 22:57   #30
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 7
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Crime Against Logic - My Fiat Linea T-Jet +

Welcome to the world of T-Jet. Congrats! Mine is 1 year old (yes April 2011 model) but I got it at a higher price than you (B'lore taxes ). Its a TJet+ and it has done 9000 kms on highways, mountain roads, city traffic, narrow village roads, absolute slushy mud roads, etc. Its a black unlike your white. My family was totally against the white.

Its indeed a dream car and yes, its a decision by heart and not by logic. I wouldn't care for resale, mileage, petrol prices and all that. And thats my personal choice. I am not imposing it on the world. I live by passion. I waited to buy only the TJet+ and GTO's review only made my decision more strong. And I was not put off by Tata-Fiat sales reps and all that as I was clear what I wanted. I didn’t TD many and use the lack of sales attn and all that as an excuse to buy one v/s the other.

I have driven Maruti, Fiat, Ford, Tata and Honda cars over the past 16 years (yes I too have enjoyed the used car world ) and I know that each have their pros and cons. I can say that the TJet+ buy has no regrets. Its a perfectly poised, well equipped, solidly built, sturdy, quick & nimble, ultra safe, spacious beast. Did I say spacious? Yes indeed. For example, in Dec 2011, five adults of various sizes and 2 kids of 8 years and an assortment of bags and bottles (not in the boot) went to Wayanad from B'lore in the TJet+ and I can tell you - the back seat is not cramped.

Its not a Manza when we talk of back seat. But its not cramped. Its a great vehicle to own and drive. And its fun on the highways especially when other larger more expensive cars eat crow. And in the city its easy to handle too. I have not had problems with the turning radius but its indeed on the higher side. I have found its stability to be a great feature while driving on highways.

I've done 500+ kms in a single day with family multiple times and we have all walked out of the car fresh and not looking like a bunch of guys stepping out of a truck. And by the way, I have already put the TJet blue side thingy and a proper reading light. Both Fiat accessories. And a reverse parking camera too.

Note from Team-BHP Support-Team: Please ensure the text does not contain any [FONT] and other tags when posting content created using external word processors. For more details : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...your-post.html (Removing [FONT] [SIZE] and [COLOR] tags from your post)

Last edited by suhaas307 : 1st March 2012 at 09:17.
Mella is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT: 3 years, 4th Service completed KarthikK Long-Term Ownership Reviews 220 8th April 2015 00:19
Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up) Sathya_sc Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 225 4th August 2014 20:29
Fuelled FIRE into my (T)JET - The Fiat Linea T-Jet bnzjon Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 123 12th May 2013 00:16


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:44.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks