Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 11th March 2012, 14:25   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Crime Against Logic - My Fiat Linea T-Jet +

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 28th May 2012 at 13:41.
cranky is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 11th March 2012, 15:08   #47
BHPian

So how many miles clocked yet , Carwatcher ? Is the Padmini yours too - tale of two FIATs !

OT : all but the last photos seem to have wrong whitebalance setting, but I didn't know phones allow manual WB. Which mobile ?
Ricci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2012, 16:28   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
So how many miles clocked yet , Carwatcher ? Is the Padmini yours too - tale of two FIATs !
OT : all but the last photos seem to have wrong whitebalance setting, but I didn't know phones allow manual WB. Which mobile ?
I completely forgot to mention FE details. Need some help from others.

ODO Reading at delivery - 135.
Fuel provided by dealer at delivery - 5 Lts.+ some qty already present as dealer drove from service centre after PDI.
Ist full tank after driving 35kms. Qty filled 44.26 Lts.
ODO Reading at last full tank 509
Qty filled for top-up 35.10
Distance travelled till date 509-135=374
Fuel Consumed = 39.36 (84.36-45)
KPL = 9.5 (If we assume fuel present is 45 i.e. capacity)
As per on-board computer it is 11 KPL.

I am sure it will increase in few days.

OT : As regards photos, they were taken by BB Bold 2. Setting were in Sepia mode which is different from B & W.
That Fiat belongs to the Sun film dealer cum installer. Photo taken by chance.

Last edited by carwatcher : 11th March 2012 at 16:41.
carwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2012, 16:31   #49
BHPian

Great pics.The retro dials in sepia is looking classic! Also the last pic of FIATS. Truly nostalgic.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2012, 17:47   #50
Senior - BHPian

Finally I got the Illuminated Door Sills installed myself after waiting for more than two weeks for the incompetent dealership in Goa to do it for me. All they kept saying was wait, it will be done in a day or two.
Few people warned me that they behave as though they are doing a big favour to the customer in anything they do, let me tell you that it is completely true. I will definitely write a complete review on the dealership in few days.
Here are few pics of the door sills. Same pic with using flash and without it.
Attached Thumbnails
Crime Against Logic - My Fiat Linea T-Jet +-img00971201203202247.jpg  

Crime Against Logic - My Fiat Linea T-Jet +-img00972201203202248.jpg  

Crime Against Logic - My Fiat Linea T-Jet +-img00974201203202248.jpg  

Crime Against Logic - My Fiat Linea T-Jet +-img00975201203202249.jpg  

carwatcher is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2012, 16:02   #51
Senior - BHPian

Crossed the 1000 Km landmark few days back. ODO reading now is around1150 IIRC.

Few Observations:
1. Engine behaviour completely changed after 1000 Kms. Seriously! The engine feels opened up and now it has become more responsive and in my words "Normal".
Till now I was thinking that I have to change my driving habit for driving this car (due to turbo lag, etc.) but not anymore. It has started behaving just like a normal car and I am happy with that.
2. Mileage in the last tankfull (at 1130 Kms) stood at 10.50/L.
3. I was aware about the blind spot on the Driver side (A Pillar) but two days ago realised that it is very dangerous indeed. On a roundabout a Biker was coming from the right side of the car and when it came closer, I was unable to see him completely. As it was a roundabout and I saw him earlier, I was aware but would have definitely missed him if he was coming directly from the right in good speed. I am planning a Goa-Mumbai trip in two weeks time so now onwards would be doubly careful. It is really a big flaw in the car.
4. Till now I am unsuccessful in getting Philips XV/Osram Night breakers here in Goa, will definitely get them installed in Mumbai.
But before that can anyone please clarify that do those bulbs provide white light or normal yellow light as I read on other threads that bulbs emitting white light are illegal.
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2012, 14:05   #52
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,
I wish to install the chrome strip on boot to enhance the looks of the already beautiful car. I am not at all the chrome lover but this car is an exception.
Few pics of what I exactly want to add.
I thought of first putting the same strip that is present on the rear bumper (Rs.1250/- + 300/- for fixing) but decided against it as it is not of uniform length and wider at one corner, though the length is perfect.
But looking at the close-up pic it seems the strips on doors are better suited as they are wider than the bumper ones. Don't know the prices yet.
Also I enquired the VW for the chrome strip that is present on the Vento boot but it costs around Rs.4000-4500/- so decided against it.
Any idea or suggestions welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Crime Against Logic - My Fiat Linea T-Jet +-fiatlineatjetrear.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 25th May 2012, 18:44   #53
Senior - BHPian

Today we had a guest in our T-Jet. While entering inside on the rear seat, her had banged the roofline. It was really embarrassing as she was not very tall. I had read about this earlier and believe me it felt very awkward.
So another flaw apart from blind spot at A-pillar.
Old 26th May 2012, 20:00   #54
Senior - BHPian

Today I finally got my Fiat Keychains from partsworld.uk
Posting the pic below.
Total damages Rs.1653/- Delivery time - almost 20 days.
Also in the pic my favourite keychain which I was using till date (Goa).
Attached Thumbnails
Crime Against Logic - My Fiat Linea T-Jet +-img01090201205261827.jpg  

Old 28th June 2012, 23:03   #55
Senior - BHPian

Finally I managed to put the fake chrome strip on the boot of my T-Jet. Pics attached.

Also realised that the BN White is not the "pure or milky" white and is kind of off-white shade. Note the shade difference between the pure white door guard and off-white car colour.
Attached Thumbnails
Crime Against Logic - My Fiat Linea T-Jet +-img01158201206281651.jpg  

Crime Against Logic - My Fiat Linea T-Jet +-img01161201206281652.jpg  

Old 22nd July 2012, 11:34   #56
Senior - BHPian

My T-Jet completed 3000 km milestone yesterday.
The drive has become supersmooth and after a visit to Chorla Ghat last Sunday my driving style has changed. I am now in my more love with the car and can appreciate the capabilities of the car even more.
This is due to this trip was my first on the Ghat section with the Jet.
I have completed 3k Kms and 5.5 months and not yet got the I servicing done as its recommended at 5k kms or 3 months. Any suggestions.
Here in Goa, absolutely no dust and excellent roads and the car is parked under covered parking and now its monsoon. So any suggestion as to get the I service done now or wait till 5K kms.
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2012, 12:27   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher
My T-Jet completed 3000 km milestone yesterday.
The drive has become supersmooth and after a visit to Chorla Ghat last Sunday my driving style has changed. I am now in my more love with the car and can appreciate the capabilities of the car even more.
This is due to this trip was my first on the Ghat section with the Jet.
I have completed 3k Kms and 5.5 months and not yet got the I servicing done as its recommended at 5k kms or 3 months. Any suggestions.
Here in Goa, absolutely no dust and excellent roads and the car is parked under covered parking and now its monsoon. So any suggestion as to get the I service done now or wait till 5K kms.
Please get servicing done as soon as possible as you've already crossed the suggested 3 months. The car may be running fine but dealers will often quote this oversight if in case you have to claim warranty for anything. Even it the monthly running isn't much stick to the suggested time intervals for regular servicing at least as long as the car is under warranty.
sharninder is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2012, 07:18   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
Please get servicing done as soon as possible as you've already crossed the suggested 3 months. The car may be running fine but dealers will often quote this oversight if in case you have to claim warranty for anything. Even it the monthly running isn't much stick to the suggested time intervals for regular servicing at least as long as the car is under warranty.
The service date required by the dealers/manufacturer as mentioned in the T-Jet owner's manual is 5000km or 6 months (for first service), so carwatcher is still fine , with 15 more days to get the service done.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2012, 10:23   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
  • All Four Disc Brakes
  • Chrome Exhaust Tip
  • 16" Alloy Wheels (all FIVE wheels) + 205mmTyres
  • Premium Leather Upholstery
  • Interior Chrome Kit
  • Double Folding Rear Back Seats
  • Rear Armrest With Glove Box & Cup Holders
  • Imported Powertrain etc
  • 3 Neck Restraints for rear-passengers
  • Vanity Mirrors and Lights for Co-Passenger & Driver
I just got LINEA MJD EMOTION (March 2012) & only following are missing, rest is there
  • All Four Disc Brakes -- Rear are drum
  • Chrome Exhaust Tip -- Chrome one, but not as seen in the images by carwatcher
  • Imported Powertrain
Or I missed it all together.
I have a ok space in hand rest & overall ok space in cabin, but main missing point is bottle holders. Though half liter bottles can be placed in the door compartment (Horizontally). But real pain is using hand break with arm rest in position.
Modifiedsachin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2012, 20:04   #60
Senior - BHPian

A couple of other missing things are

1. The 1.4 liter 'made in Italy' engine with a completely different head (compared to the T Jet/Linea Petrol) to handle the extra pressure from the turbo and

2. The turbocharger itself made by IHI of Japan

3. The silly grin pasted on the T Jet+ driver's faces

The above are what add the + to the TJet, apart from the Italiano gear box (the power-train being imported for the entire line up of cars).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modifiedsachin View Post
I just got LINEA MJD EMOTION (March 2012) & only following are missing, rest is there
  • All Four Disc Brakes -- Rear are drum
  • Chrome Exhaust Tip -- Chrome one, but not as seen in the images by carwatcher
  • Imported Powertrain
Or I missed it all together.
I have a ok space in hand rest & overall ok space in cabin, but main missing point is bottle holders. Though half liter bottles can be placed in the door compartment (Horizontally). But real pain is using hand break with arm rest in position.
khoj is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote