Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2012, 12:59   #31
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 188
Thanked: 115 Times
Default Re: The Story of my BLUE Volkswagen Vento

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnadkarni View Post
Hey anantu2001, congratulations on your Vento.

I bought mine in Nov 11 and am up on 5000+ kms.

About the Rear view camera, i am assuming you bought the refreshed one with rear sensors, right? Mine is with the rear sensors and after initial teething, they work brilliantly for me. Initially even i thought of getting a rear camera, but once you get your hands on to it, they do the job very accurately - to the extent that now i dont even have to turn behind to see, I just use the mirrors...and the sensor gives a very accurate pitch - even in tight spaces. Also, in one of the post i read that the sensors are only audio, and i would like to correct it. There sure is a visual display that comes on the the music system - a rough sketch (Black & White) of the car and the span of coverage for the sensors is displayed. As soon as an obstacles is picked it shows up on the screen and the proximity of the obstacle is displayed (in real-time, absolutely negative delay....try when people are moving behind the vehicle and you will know).

However, this is a personal comfort, and you must (at all times) do as you are comfortable, but the idea is to give the yourself the time to get adjusted to it if you may.

Congratulations again!!
Hey nnadkarni, thanks a lot for your wishes and your comments. Yes indeed, its a refreshed Vento which I've got. It does have the sensors, but what I tried to convey was that the view from the rear view mirror is absolutely useless. Its just there because it has to be. Definitely doesn't serve any purpose. Hence I thought a camera would be necessary for a better view of whats behind.

Haven't thought of installing it yet, since the sensors are doing the job well as of now. It'll help once i get used to it.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Anant
anantu2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2012, 19:56   #32
BHPian
 
flyingkolors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 212
Thanked: 57 Times
Default Re: The Story of my BLUE Volkswagen Vento

What a brilliant read it has been! You're a crazy guy man! Thoroughly enjoyed reading your review.

And the car, man, its beautiful. As you said, the clear lines, neat design gives it a very sedan and royal look. And the blue, beats the rest!

Please post more pictures of the beauty. Its a pleasure!

Also, please let me know how is the hump at the back? Is it really a sore for the third passenger? And if you don't mind, pls share the on road price break up for the benefit of prospective buyers.

And, drive her safe! Wish you many miles of happiness.
flyingkolors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2012, 20:07   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,123
Thanked: 364 Times
Default Re: The Story of my BLUE Volkswagen Vento

Congratulations on your new car. Blue is THE colour on the vento and I wish you a very pleasant and memorable ownership experience with the car.

I thought the same way too as soon as I got my car, now I dont feel this way anymore. Like with so many other things in the vento (Hard clutch, noisy engine..) you get used to it within a short while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantu2001 View Post
...what I tried to convey was that the view from the rear view mirror is absolutely useless. Its just there because it has to be. Definitely doesn't serve any purpose.
bala80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2012, 22:48   #34
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 188
Thanked: 115 Times
Default Re: The Story of my BLUE Volkswagen Vento

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingkolors View Post
What a brilliant read it has been! You're a crazy guy man! Thoroughly enjoyed reading your review.

And the car, man, its beautiful. As you said, the clear lines, neat design gives it a very sedan and royal look. And the blue, beats the rest!

Please post more pictures of the beauty. Its a pleasure!

Also, please let me know how is the hump at the back? Is it really a sore for the third passenger? And if you don't mind, pls share the on road price break up for the benefit of prospective buyers.

And, drive her safe! Wish you many miles of happiness.
Thanks for the appreciation flyingkolors. Yes, before I saw the blue colour it was always white for me. But when I saw some threads here on T-BHP with the shadow blue vento, it completely blew me away. If not for T-BHP I would have never known or thought about this colour. Its so rare on the road.

A photo shoot is planned this weekend. So more pictures coming up

The hump is very prominent I must say. The passenger sitting in the middle would face some difficulties on a long drive. Otherwise for shorter trips one can manage in my opinion. The problem is I've never sat at the back since the best seat in the Vento is the drivers seat

The OTR came to around 11.53 lakhs, but this is no more applicable since VW have increased the prices and also the Karnataka govt have increased tax for diesel cars!! It now costs around a lakh more than what I paid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Congratulations on your new car. Blue is THE colour on the vento and I wish you a very pleasant and memorable ownership experience with the car.

I thought the same way too as soon as I got my car, now I dont feel this way anymore. Like with so many other things in the vento (Hard clutch, noisy engine..) you get used to it within a short while.
Thanks bala80. Your thread makes for a great read. Yes the engine is a lot noisier than I expected. Even our 2 litre Captiva is much more silent than this one. But once one is inside, everything else is forgotten.

I've just covered 200 kms in 5 days. Was not in town unfortunately. This weekend its going to be a long drive for sure.

Regards,
Anant.

P.S: Anybody interested in a Vento meet in Bangalore?? Nileshch???
anantu2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2012, 00:08   #35
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 28
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: The Story of my BLUE Volkswagen Vento

Hi,

I am in for a B'lore meet anytime....got my Candy White HL TDi delivered just two weeks back and I have completed 1000 kms on the odo including one long drive to Mysore

I am struggling with the correct tyre pressure and for now I have maintained 32 psi all around. Any suggestions for perfect balance between ride quality and mileage ???

I am also looking for 3D kagu mats and so far have not been able to source it anywhere in B'lore, need some pointers....Going for 3M sun films tomorrow

Cheers,
Sameer

Last edited by Rehaan : 19th February 2012 at 19:45. Reason: Please note : we don't allow brand-specific meets. All meets should be "Team-BHP" meets :)
icecoolsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2012, 12:13   #36
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 76
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: The Story of my BLUE Volkswagen Vento

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecoolsam View Post
I am also looking for 3D kagu mats and so far have not been able to source it anywhere in B'lore, need some pointers....Going for 3M sun films tomorrow

Cheers,
Sameer
You can try at Hot Tracks on Victoria Road - they ususally have immediate stock available.
krish11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2012, 16:57   #37
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 28
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: The Story of my BLUE Volkswagen Vento

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish11 View Post
You can try at Hot Tracks on Victoria Road - they ususally have immediate stock available.
@krish11 Thanks and I got the 3D mats from Hot tracks today ) The fitting is excellent and they did a customized boot mat as well in the same material !!!

Do you know from where can I source the OEM alloy for Vento in Bangalore ? Hot tracks people said even they are looking for it

Cheers,
Sameer
icecoolsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2012, 23:59   #38
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 188
Thanked: 115 Times
Default Re: The Story of my BLUE Volkswagen Vento

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecoolsam View Post
Hi,

I am in for a B'lore Vento meet anytime....got my Candy White HL TDi delivered just two weeks back and I have completed 1000 kms on the odo including one long drive to Mysore

I am struggling with the correct tyre pressure and for now I have maintained 32 psi all around. Any suggestions for perfect balance between ride quality and mileage ???

I am also looking for 3D kagu mats and so far have not been able to source it anywhere in B'lore, need some pointers....Going for 3M sun films tomorrow

Cheers,
Sameer
A meet is definitely on the cards. Looking forward to meet you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish11 View Post
You can try at Hot Tracks on Victoria Road - they ususally have immediate stock available.
Hey krish11, thanks for this very useful information. Will get mine tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecoolsam View Post
@krish11 Thanks and I got the 3D mats from Hot tracks today ) The fitting is excellent and they did a customized boot mat as well in the same material !!!

Do you know from where can I source the OEM alloy for Vento in Bangalore ? Hot tracks people said even they are looking for it

Cheers,
Sameer
Hey Sameer, you are really fast man!! Customized boot mat in the same material?? Sounds interesting!

Can you share a pic here as well as the price you paid for the entire thing??

Regards,
Anant
anantu2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2012, 00:06   #39
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 188
Thanked: 115 Times
Default Re: The Story of my BLUE Volkswagen Vento

A couple of photos for you guys

Name:  20120217 09.25.09  Copy.jpg
Views: 4896
Size:  356.7 KB

Name:  20120217 09.25.40  Copy.jpg
Views: 2403
Size:  341.5 KB
anantu2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2012, 13:16   #40
Senior - BHPian
 
souravc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,088
Thanked: 427 Times
Default Re: The Story of my BLUE Volkswagen Vento

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecoolsam View Post
I am struggling with the correct tyre pressure and for now I have maintained 32 psi all around. Any suggestions for perfect balance between ride quality and mileage ???
Sameer, if you are on your OEM tyres I guess you can try out with 30 psi all around if you do most of your travel with not more than 2 people inside the car . In case its fully loaded then the tyre pressure i use is 32 psi .
2 factors that you should keep in mind are :-
1. Make sure you fill air from a pump which has the right calibrated gauge
2. 30 psi means that much less margin of error for experiencing a flat tyre , you must have tyre pressures checked at an interval not exceeding a week's time

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantu2001 View Post
A couple of photos for you guys
Nice pictures ! Hope you have taken off the ribbons quickly , they spoil the paint
souravc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2012, 15:45   #41
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 28
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: The Story of my BLUE Volkswagen Vento

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantu2001 View Post
Can you share a pic here as well as the price you paid for the entire thing??

Regards,
Anant
@Anant The whole set costed me around 8.5k and its worth it . I will put up the pictures soon.
icecoolsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2012, 19:27   #42
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,123
Thanked: 364 Times
Default Re: The Story of my BLUE Volkswagen Vento

8.5k just for mats???

You are happy with it and thats what counts. VW could have given decent set of rubber mats for the vento, the OEM ones are hopeless making people to go for after market ones. Worst still is the choice of colour for the floor carpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecoolsam View Post
@Anant The whole set costed me around 8.5k and its worth it . I will put up the pictures soon.
bala80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2012, 19:42   #43
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 28
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: The Story of my BLUE Volkswagen Vento

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
8.5k just for mats???

You are happy with it and thats what counts. VW could have given decent set of rubber mats for the vento, the OEM ones are hopeless making people to go for after market ones. Worst still is the choice of colour for the floor carpet
@bala 3D kagu mats do cost in the range of 5k and I opted for additional boot mat as well . I know its bit of extravagance but

The OEM mats are just plain pathetic and I agree beige carpet will be nightmare to maintain.

Cheers,
Sameer
icecoolsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2012, 20:22   #44
Senior - BHPian
 
bottle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,489
Thanked: 133 Times
Default Re: The Story of my BLUE Volkswagen Vento

^icecoolsam, could you please post a pic of the boot mat ?

Edit: Sorry missed your post where you said you would be putting up pics soon

Last edited by bottle : 18th February 2012 at 20:24.
bottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2012, 22:11   #45
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 188
Thanked: 115 Times
Default Re: The Story of my BLUE Volkswagen Vento

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Nice pictures ! Hope you have taken off the ribbons quickly , they spoil the paint
Yes I've taken them off now. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecoolsam View Post
@Anant The whole set costed me around 8.5k and its worth it . I will put up the pictures soon.
8.5k for the mats??

You really must be taking very good care of your Vento.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
8.5k just for mats???

You are happy with it and thats what counts. VW could have given decent set of rubber mats for the vento, the OEM ones are hopeless making people to go for after market ones. Worst still is the choice of colour for the floor carpet
Quote:
Originally Posted by icecoolsam View Post
@bala 3D kagu mats do cost in the range of 5k and I opted for additional boot mat as well . I know its bit of extravagance but

The OEM mats are just plain pathetic and I agree beige carpet will be nightmare to maintain.

Cheers,
Sameer
Guys, I got black foot mats from VW. Obviously they dont serve any purpose but they're kinda OK till I get a new set of Kagu mats.

Regards,
Anant
anantu2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold a4anurag Long-Term Ownership Reviews 749 19th October 2017 22:59
The Wittels Chronicles - My 2012 Shadow Blue Volkswagen Vento AT joslicx Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 49 25th June 2015 14:30
I love title Blue and one more is comming!Its "Blue Lady"7 star cruise ship for scrap ECM Shifting gears 1 22nd June 2015 20:33
My Blue Saphire - Shadow Blue Vento Highline classic86 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 44 15th February 2012 20:00
Story of my Blue Monster - sound & speed rolled into one – I call it “THE BLUE BLAST” ashwin_seattle Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 20 7th December 2011 15:46


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:59.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks