Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2012, 00:12   #61
BHPian
 
kingofmyworld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hyderabad / pensylvania.
Posts: 788
Thanked: 248 Times
Default Re: A common man's Ford Figo Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
I have a strange question for you. Do you keep changing the wheels of your figo ? I saw the 14" wheels initially, then you shifted to 15" wheels, and now I see the 14" again. Or are they old pics which you took before shifting to 15" ??
I keep changing them. If I'm going to a place where I know the roads are good, I keep the 15" on. Else I prefer 14". My figo was on 14" during the recent trip as I had no idea how the roads between bangalore and pondy were. So to be on a safer side, I put the 14". I changed them to 15" after the second service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Wow!!! that's one hot FIGO.
And the mod done till date are simple and very good .
Good stuff bro.
Can you please give us some details about the floodlights, i would also like to do the same.

Cheers.
Thank you schoudhury. The flood lights are basically a pair of 10x8 SMDs mounted on a PCB. Figo's cabin light has enough space to accommodate both of them. I will post a pic with the lid opened if you want me to.
kingofmyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 00:40   #62
BHPian
 
ishotmydog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 594
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: A common man's Ford Figo Titanium

Went to the Ford dealer to test drive the Figo and i was pleasantly surprised by how big the car is from the inside! Especially the front passenger and the driver seats.
ishotmydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 02:55   #63
BHPian
 
kingofmyworld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hyderabad / pensylvania.
Posts: 788
Thanked: 248 Times
Default Re: A common man's Ford Figo Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishotmydog View Post
Went to the Ford dealer to test drive the Figo and i was pleasantly surprised by how big the car is from the inside! Especially the front passenger and the driver seats.
Also the rear passenger's leg room is pretty decent for a hatch. Not to forget the boot space. It's HUGE for a hatch.

What is your opinion on the drive ? Did you test drive the Diesel or Petrol?
kingofmyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 14:51   #64
BHPian
 
kingofmyworld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hyderabad / pensylvania.
Posts: 788
Thanked: 248 Times
Default

Few more pics from the drive...
Attached Images
   
kingofmyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2012, 00:37   #65
BHPian
 
ishotmydog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 594
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: A common man's Ford Figo Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
Also the rear passenger's leg room is pretty decent for a hatch. Not to forget the boot space. It's HUGE for a hatch.

What is your opinion on the drive ? Did you test drive the Diesel or Petrol?
Drove both. The petrol was very underpowered but enjoyed the diesel a lot.

I did not understand one thing though - why does this not have 4 power windows? Even on the titanium it doesn't.
ishotmydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2012, 00:58   #66
BHPian
 
kingofmyworld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hyderabad / pensylvania.
Posts: 788
Thanked: 248 Times
Default Re: A common man's Ford Figo Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishotmydog View Post
Drove both. The petrol was very underpowered but enjoyed the diesel a lot.

I did not understand one thing though - why does this not have 4 power windows? Even on the titanium it doesn't.
Haha, My dad had the same question. When you're paying close to 7 lakh for a car, is it so hard to give 4 power windows? For me it isn't a big concern as I will be travelling alone or with a max of 2 people on board rarely. My AC will be on always so never had an issue.

As per the sales guy, rear power windows were not given because the rear window doesn't roll down completely Isn't that a lame reason to give?
kingofmyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2012, 02:17   #67
BHPian
 
ishotmydog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 594
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: A common man's Ford Figo Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
Haha, My dad had the same question. When you're paying close to 7 lakh for a car, is it so hard to give 4 power windows? For me it isn't a big concern as I will be travelling alone or with a max of 2 people on board rarely. My AC will be on always so never had an issue.

As per the sales guy, rear power windows were not given because the rear window doesn't roll down completely Isn't that a lame reason to give?
I got a different answer from the sales guy here. He said that in an event where the cars electricals fail(he quoted the example of the mumbai floods), and door is jammed it is easier to get out of the car

But nevertheless, i really enjoyed driving this car. The car i drove had a few thousand kms on it and had quite a few rattles. Do you have that issue?

Last edited by ishotmydog : 6th April 2012 at 02:18.
ishotmydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2012, 02:56   #68
BHPian
 
kingofmyworld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hyderabad / pensylvania.
Posts: 788
Thanked: 248 Times
Default Re: A common man's Ford Figo Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishotmydog View Post
I got a different answer from the sales guy here. He said that in an event where the cars electricals fail(he quoted the example of the mumbai floods), and door is jammed it is easier to get out of the car

But nevertheless, i really enjoyed driving this car. The car i drove had a few thousand kms on it and had quite a few rattles. Do you have that issue?
I have few rattles too. That's because of my audio and driving tough with those 15". I'm killing them one by one as I figure out where they are coming from.

Few will be gone after I dampen the roof and boot.
kingofmyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2012, 12:21   #69
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 151
Thanked: 73 Times
Default Re: A common man's Ford Figo Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
Haha, My dad had the same question. When you're paying close to 7 lakh for a car, is it so hard to give 4 power windows?
As per the sales guy, rear power windows were not given because the rear window doesn't roll down completely Isn't that a lame reason to give?
I guess, from the fact there's not even a provision to fit the power window, that Ford engineers might have worked on the possibility of fitting a power window motor that is made it to work to only 60% of rolldown and would have ended up with issues, thus deleting the feature even as an accessory/aftermarket fit.
vvijay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 13:32   #70
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: A common man's Ford Figo Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
Thank you schoudhury. The flood lights are basically a pair of 10x8 SMDs mounted on a PCB. Figo's cabin light has enough space to accommodate both of them. I will post a pic with the lid opened if you want me to.
Hi Kingofmyworld, Can you share a pic with the lid open. I just tried this as well but somehow was not able to figure out on how to get the stock adapter fit a PCB board.
caraddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2012, 14:07   #71
BHPian
 
infotech58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 629
Thanked: 217 Times
Default Re: A common man's Ford Figo Titanium

nicely maintained car, and man - i just love your choice in alloys (your M800, and now this).

in addition to rest of your ICE, did you get Dynamat from US too OR it was bought locally? and where did you buy that armrest from?
infotech58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2012, 15:03   #72
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 190
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: A common man's Ford Figo Titanium

Nice looking car and looks well maintained, the dynamat pack installed, is it for reducing the road noise and do you see any reduction in road noise comparing the stock car.
Installing dynamat ,will it not void warranty?


-AM.
muke31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2012, 18:46   #73
BHPian
 
kingofmyworld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hyderabad / pensylvania.
Posts: 788
Thanked: 248 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by caraddict View Post
Hi Kingofmyworld, Can you share a pic with the lid open. I just tried this as well but somehow was not able to figure out on how to get the stock adapter fit a PCB board.
Will do once I get back home tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
nicely maintained car, and man - i just love your choice in alloys (your M800, and now this).

in addition to rest of your ICE, did you get Dynamat from US too OR it was bought locally? and where did you buy that armrest from?
Thanks. I got them locally. The armrest too was sourced locally. Do a search on ebay.in and you'll have quite a lot of hand rests to choose from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muke31 View Post
Nice looking car and looks well maintained, the dynamat pack installed, is it for reducing the road noise and do you see any reduction in road noise comparing the stock car.
Installing dynamat ,will it not void warranty?


-AM.
It is basically to reduce rattle from the doors on high volumes and also to reduce road noise to an extent. Did not drive without the audio after I got my car so never really noticed the difference. Sorry about that. Anyways, My my-01 are noisy themselves so I do not think I'll be able to make any difference.

No the dynamats do no make any change to the warranty. All your warranty will be intact.

Odo as of today
Attached Images
 

Last edited by kingofmyworld : 12th April 2012 at 18:51.
kingofmyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 04:08   #74
BHPian
 
kingofmyworld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hyderabad / pensylvania.
Posts: 788
Thanked: 248 Times
Default

Here you go. This is how I arranged the 5X4 SMDs
Attached Images
 
kingofmyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2012, 09:47   #75
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: A common man's Ford Figo Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
Here you go. This is how I arranged the 5X4 SMDs
Thanks for sharing! So looks like you have joined the two PCBs taping them together and then connected it to the female socket. I will try this as well.
caraddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IIM's hike the fees, How will common man afford this ghodlur Shifting gears 28 22nd December 2012 09:11
Malaysian Blog from a Common Man advaitlele Street Experiences 16 11th December 2009 00:54
VVIP security, and it's impact on the common man sdp1975 Street Experiences 40 25th November 2009 12:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:53.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks