Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2012, 17:58   #61
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ERNAKULAM
Posts: 947
Thanked: 317 Times
Default Re: Something fast, Something naughty - The Volvo S60 T6 (304 BHP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Testosterone View Post
What's the problem with it's Chinese connection BTW? DO Brits and others have the same problem with JLR's Indian connection?
My colleague definitely has a problem with its Chinese connection and I am trying my best to convince him that its the best among engines and suspension available in India.

Indians may not have a problem with JLR's Indian connection but they definitely do about the TATA connection. Just tell any prospective buyer of a Jag about its TATA connection and he would probably wince at the enlightenment.

Any red blooded Brit too will be uncomfortable with the British royalty being driven around in a car thats partly owned by people of Iranian lineage from a country that was once its erstwhile colony.

Hard facts and probably sounding jingoistic but thats the truth in an increasing cosmopolitan world.
drpullockaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2012, 21:31   #62
BHPian
 
Tommie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 253
Thanked: 44 Times
Default Re: Something fast.. Something "naughty".. The Volvo S60 T6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kau_therock View Post
Do I see cracked wooden panel on the left door hand rest? if yes, how did it happen?

Last edited by Tommie : 29th February 2012 at 21:32.
Tommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2012, 22:10   #63
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 101
Thanked: 178 Times
Default Re: Something fast.. Something "naughty".. The Volvo S60 T6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommie View Post
Do I see cracked wooden panel on the left door hand rest? if yes, how did it happen?
Nope. That is just the light, maybe refracting.
kau_therock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2012, 22:16   #64
//M
Distinguished - BHPian
 
//M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 4,186
Thanked: 8,562 Times
Default Re: Something fast, Something naughty - The Volvo S60 T6 (304 BHP)

Wonderful car there you have got kau_therock. Its a cracker of an alternative to the regular Germans. Congratulations !!

Nice shade of color too. The more I see the pics the more I am falling in love with the muscular lines on the S60. Wish you great time with your 304 bhp monster. Ride safe !!
//M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2012, 09:21   #65
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 818
Thanked: 1,647 Times
Default Re: Something fast, Something naughty - The Volvo S60 T6 (304 BHP)

Great car and a good choice ! Some points:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kau_therock View Post
Safety: one of the major decision making point when I bought this car.
Very valid - from the pics I note that your car does not have the optional BLIS - Volvo's Blind Spot Information System (available as an option on the T6) - since you are planning on further mods, this could be an additional feature you could have installed.

Volvo's other safety features such as PD, CW, DAC, LDW are standard on the T6.

Also the T6 does not have a spare tyre and comes with just a puncture repair kit. No run flats either.
VeyronSuperSprt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2012, 09:54   #66
BHPian
 
ambivalent_98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pune-Bangalore
Posts: 758
Thanked: 161 Times
Default Re: Something fast, Something naughty - The Volvo S60 T6 (304 BHP)

Heartiest congrats fellow BHPian and fellow Punekar . Well you have got yourself an amazing set of wheels probably the safest and one of the fastest in Pune. Hope you have many many safe miles and happy memories in it. Also the black looks wicked.
By the way just out of curiosity since your regn number is seen in the photos why did you get it MH-11 instead of MH-12 ? Any specific reason such as lower taxation ?

I am hooked to this thread , so please share your experiences of long drives that you undertake in this amazing ride of yours.

Last edited by ambivalent_98 : 1st March 2012 at 09:56.
ambivalent_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2012, 14:57   #67
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 818
Thanked: 1,647 Times
Default Re: Something fast, Something naughty - The Volvo S60 T6 (304 BHP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
its the best among engines and suspension available in India.
Money no bar, the best diesel in this segment from a performance and handling perspective would be the A4 3.0 TDI which is more powerful (240/51 to the D5's 205/42)and is also equipped with Audi's 4WD Quattro. It has similar fuel efficiency figures to the D5 although more powerful. This is the only diesel in this segment to have a 4WD. The D5 although sold internationally with AWD is only a front wheel drive in India.
VeyronSuperSprt is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2012, 13:38   #68
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,353
Thanked: 813 Times
Default Re: Something fast, Something naughty - The Volvo S60 T6 (304 BHP)

Congratulations kau! Great purchase! Lovely engine, looks great in black! The video embedded by you shows some serious launch capabilities of the car from a standstill. It probably does throw you back in your seat.

I think the free body garnishes from Volvo were a great gesture by them. It makes the car look fantastic.

Happy motoring.
Fullrevs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2012, 14:25   #69
Team-BHP Support
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 8,665
Thanked: 9,193 Times
Default Re: Something fast, Something naughty - The Volvo S60 T6 (304 BHP)

Your query:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
By the way just out of curiosity since your regn number is seen in the photos why did you get it MH-11 instead of MH-12 ? Any specific reason such as lower taxation ?
Answered here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post

Just by the way, were you driving near University circle this Sunday evening? I was headed home and saw this black beaut with the awesomest taillights ever (it was getting dark) but since I was turning left towards Pashan, didn't see which car it was. Thinking it may well have been yours!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kau_therock View Post

That cannot be me. I have been travelling for last week to delhi and indore. And the car is in satara at the moment. So the one you saw wasn't me
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2012, 00:25   #70
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 101
Thanked: 178 Times
Default Re: Something fast, Something naughty - The Volvo S60 T6 (304 BHP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
Heartiest congrats fellow BHPian and fellow Punekar . Well you have got yourself an amazing set of wheels probably the safest and one of the fastest in Pune. Hope you have many many safe miles and happy memories in it. Also the black looks wicked.
By the way just out of curiosity since your regn number is seen in the photos why did you get it MH-11 instead of MH-12 ? Any specific reason such as lower taxation ?

I am hooked to this thread , so please share your experiences of long drives that you undertake in this amazing ride of yours.
Noopster has already answered your query. My permanent address stands at Satara and all the cars are registered here. Pune attracts additional octroi too.
kau_therock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2012, 22:19   #71
dot
Senior - BHPian
 
dot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ban Chang
Posts: 1,681
Thanked: 714 Times
Default Re: Something fast, Something naughty - The Volvo S60 T6 (304 BHP)

Congratulations. Loved your review. What a car.


Last week we had asked the SA at the same dealership where you got "the beauty and the beast", on how many T6 have been sold in Pune. He had replied that three have been sold. Was thinking at that point in time that hope one of them is a BHPian and we get to hear the experience. And didnt know that a thread was already ongoing. My bad!!

S60 has one of the meanest looks in cars that are around and it rocks. Front seats have exceptional comfort. The dash is typical Volvo. However after sitting in a S60, the Volvo SUVs appeared bland.

Hope you have a great time in the T6 and continue to update this thread with more fun and pictures.
dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2012, 13:17   #72
BHPian
 
nikhil.kumbhar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 32
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Something fast, Something naughty - The Volvo S60 T6 (304 BHP)

Hey, congrats first of all !!! car looks awesome.

BTW you already had beemer n merc. Then why you overlooked at Audi or other brands. Volvo is still new in premium sedan category. And they need to prove a lot as a car. People still recognize it as a premium bus brand.

Can you throw some light on your purchase process? or considerations? It would be interesting to know from you about Pros n Cons of other models since you already own BMW, Merc n now Volvo.
nikhil.kumbhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2012, 11:53   #73
BHPian
 
Raosaheb Desai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Surat
Posts: 199
Thanked: 123 Times
Default Re: Something fast, Something naughty - The Volvo S60 T6 (304 BHP)

Hi Kau,
I 100% agree to GTO's statement regarding reliability. Volvo cars have bulletproof reliability comparing Germans. My ex boss had s80 v8 and I think he used it till 4 years without any problem. Even the spare parts and regular maintenance cost was much lower.
I regret we have no dealer in Surat.
Few questions
- Do regular petrol is OK or u use premium?
- Can boot accommodate a full sized spare wheel?
Raosaheb Desai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2012, 12:05   #74
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 101
Thanked: 178 Times
Default Re: Something fast, Something naughty - The Volvo S60 T6 (304 BHP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil.kumbhar View Post
Hey, congrats first of all !!! car looks awesome.

BTW you already had beemer n merc. Then why you overlooked at Audi or other brands. Volvo is still new in premium sedan category. And they need to prove a lot as a car. People still recognize it as a premium bus brand.

Can you throw some light on your purchase process? or considerations? It would be interesting to know from you about Pros n Cons of other models since you already own BMW, Merc n now Volvo.
I fell in love with this car when I was in the UK. Perfect design, great curves and a wonderful engine. Regarding audi, i never liked the A4 and driving the A6 would've made me feel like I am already in my 40's.
The only vehicle from the audi stable that caught my mind is the Q7(apart from the ravishing R8), but it is too big and I anyways would be going for the evoque sometime soon. So no more SUV's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raosaheb Desai View Post
Hi Kau,
I 100% agree to GTO's statement regarding reliability. Volvo cars have bulletproof reliability comparing Germans. My ex boss had s80 v8 and I think he used it till 4 years without any problem. Even the spare parts and regular maintenance cost was much lower.
I regret we have no dealer in Surat.
Few questions
- Do regular petrol is OK or u use premium?
- Can boot accommodate a full sized spare wheel?
They have recommended against the use of regular petrol, but sometimes I have no other option but to fill it in. Most of the nearby petrol pumps do not stock premium petrol. There is a bit of powerloss but I am helpless.

regarding the full sized spare wheel, it surely can accomodate 2 wheels. I am out of smilies now. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Congratulations. Loved your review. What a car.


Last week we had asked the SA at the same dealership where you got "the beauty and the beast", on how many T6 have been sold in Pune. He had replied that three have been sold. Was thinking at that point in time that hope one of them is a BHPian and we get to hear the experience. And didnt know that a thread was already ongoing. My bad!!

S60 has one of the meanest looks in cars that are around and it rocks. Front seats have exceptional comfort. The dash is typical Volvo. However after sitting in a S60, the Volvo SUVs appeared bland.

Hope you have a great time in the T6 and continue to update this thread with more fun and pictures.
Mr. Anand there knows me pretty well. And I would also agree to the fact that the SUV's interior felt bland after sitting in the s60

Some of the pictures clicked by a dear friend of mine.

Something fast, Something naughty - The Volvo S60 T6 (304 BHP)-409438_10150825130079046_824529045_12625363_492752481_n.jpg

Name:  418303_10150825130724046_824529045_12625369_960229488_n.jpg
Views: 2052
Size:  81.1 KB

Something fast, Something naughty - The Volvo S60 T6 (304 BHP)-419603_10150825130164046_824529045_12625364_1616347431_n.jpg

Something fast, Something naughty - The Volvo S60 T6 (304 BHP)-423911_10150825130434046_824529045_12625367_492190954_n.jpg
kau_therock is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2012, 12:11   #75
BHPian
 
Raosaheb Desai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Surat
Posts: 199
Thanked: 123 Times
Default Re: Something fast, Something naughty - The Volvo S60 T6 (304 BHP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kau_therock View Post




regarding the full sized spare wheel, it surely can accomodate 2 wheels. I am out of smilies now. lol.




]


I mean is there enough space left for luggage??
Raosaheb Desai is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Volvo S60 (304 BHP AWD) : Test Drive & Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 126 16th December 2015 23:01
Volvo to launch 300 BHP S60 T6 petrol in July 2015 EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 42 lakhs sarathlal The Indian Car Scene 31 12th July 2015 07:20
Volvo S60 instrument console failed. Repair or replace? Volvo to replace under Goodwill! jfxavier Technical Stuff 26 13th January 2015 10:49
Volvo S60 & XC60 : Cheaper variants. EDIT : S60 now starts at 23.90 lakh & D3 engine .anshuman The Indian Car Scene 74 16th August 2014 21:53


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:33.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks