Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 27th February 2012, 16:50   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Tata Nano Pearl White LX 2012 - Surprise gift for parents!

Congratulations!! It's raining Nano's on the forum.
Very nice of you to have gifted it to your parents. The Nano does make absolute sense for city rides.
Hope your parents enjoy driving it around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD2122 View Post
Obviously typo error ! Read that 5 ft. 8 inches. Just wanted to mention about the spaciousness and comfort level that i feel inside Nano. Ride comfort is also great considering this car being ideal for city driving.
I mean, you meant that, even if you had been 8ft. 8in, the car would still have been spacious for you .
Don't mind, just pulling your leg.
Fordmanchau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012, 16:58   #17
BHPian

Congratulations on the Nano! A great gift for your parents. However I feel keeping those seat covers dust free would be a problem, you could upgrade to art leather after a six months or so, they wouldn't trap dust and are easier to clean. Do you have plans to upgrade to alloys? something like this would look stunning
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nano Pearl White LX 2012 - Surprise gift for parents!-jbl_tata_nano.jpg  

Y@SH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012, 17:38   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations!

However, I am disappointed with the discounts. I thought they were offering much more these days.
S_U_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012, 18:02   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on the Nano! And wonderful gesture to get one for your folks

The nano indeed looks stunning in white!

Was wondering - why did you need an additional antenna (you've mentioned it in the accessories list)?

Have a great ownership period. And hey, you've mentioned that you've done 160kms in office runs. So, when do your folks get to drive it?

Last edited by libranof1987 : 27th February 2012 at 18:04.
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012, 18:09   #20
BHPian

Congrats on the new family member! Super choice, simply elegant.

Hey you have not mentioned the reaction of your parents. I am in a similar frame of mind, my Dad's 60th birhtday approaching in June, thinking of gifting him the same.
#win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012, 18:11   #21
BHPian

The price seems to be a bit high. i booked the same pearl white 2012 model on 27th november 2011 and gt the car delivered in 4 days. It costed me 2.19 L on road after all the discounts and stuff. This included mud flaps, door mats, body cover.

cars prices in visakhapatnam seems to be a little higher than in metros because of the taxes. But you being in pune, it should have costed you less. Ironically, i was told by my dealer that the cars is being shipped from pune to vizag.
Abbas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012, 22:35   #22
BHPian

Quote:
The price seems to be a bit high. i booked the same pearl white 2012 model on 27th november 2011 and gt the car delivered in 4 days. It costed me 2.19 L on road after all the discounts and stuff. This included mud flaps, door mats, body cover.
@Abbas - That sure was better. For me, on road price for LX was 2.29 and with a discount of 10k, it was 2.19L. Mud flaps, door mats all additional costs.

Quote:
Congrats on the new family member! Super choice, simply elegant.

Hey you have not mentioned the reaction of your parents. I am in a similar frame of mind, my Dad's 60th birhtday approaching in June, thinking of gifting him the same.
@ #win - thanks. They were very happy with it. First drive with them and they liked it. Felt very comfortable in it. Do give it a serious thought buddy. They would love every bit of it. All the best.

Quote:
Congratulations on the Nano! And wonderful gesture to get one for your folks

The nano indeed looks stunning in white!

Was wondering - why did you need an additional antenna (you've mentioned it in the accessories list)?

Have a great ownership period. And hey, you've mentioned that you've done 160kms in office runs. So, when do your folks get to drive it?
@libranof1987 - thanks. Office runs were few. Say @ 50 kms, rest were city runs and it sure was comfortable in traffic. Good gear ratios and powerful A/C.

Quote:
Congratulations on the Nano! A great gift for your parents. However I feel keeping those seat covers dust free would be a problem, you could upgrade to art leather after a six months or so, they wouldn't trap dust and are easier to clean. Do you have plans to upgrade to alloys? something like this would look stunning
@Y@SH - thanks. Yes, keeping them dust free would be a problem. The color of the leather ones were not that great. Regarding alloys, there are Y shaped ones available, however cost is 12k. Also when I checked the Car Decor guy, he mentioned that the alloy wheels do not fit properly. So on the whole did not opt for it.
SSD2122 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2012, 09:04   #23
BHPian

Awesome buy and congrats on that!

Just wondering if the one you got is different from 2012 version. If so, what are the changes in the latest one?

All in all, a great gesture from your side and way to go, dude!
Trueintrepid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2012, 11:17   #24
BHPian

Congrats and feel proud for Gifting such a nice present to your parents.
It's really a great feeling!

2012 nano has improved a lot in all the dirving dynamics too.
You mentioned about a JVC HU with Bluetooth. How much did you pay for that? I am in search of one.

Happy driving!

Regards,
Maverick79.
Maverick79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2012, 14:28   #25
BHPian

Congrats on the Nano SSD. Its a complete no fuss point A to B car. How are your parents finding it? Dis you take out on a long drive?
arup.misra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2012, 15:59   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueintrepid View Post
Awesome buy and congrats on that!

Just wondering if the one you got is different from 2012 version. If so, what are the changes in the latest one?

All in all, a great gesture from your side and way to go, dude!
Many changes. Here are some which i remember ( this is just a comparo between old LX and new 2012 LX):

1. full wheel covers
2. both side rear view mirrors (which looks heavy and way better than the old cycle type once)
3. more cushion added to the seats and headrest
4. 2 tone interior - beige and silver (the old one was complete black.
5. Engine power increased to 5 bhp ( 38 i guess)
6. More fuel efficient - best in class ( ARAI figure : 25 kmpl) ( i personally get 20 with full time ac)

Must be more , but i don`t remember as of now

Abbas.
Abbas is offline   Reply With Quote