Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 28th February 2012, 16:50   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Ghostrider's Chevrolet Cruze LTZ: Initial Ownership Review

Ghostrider, Congrats and welcome to the driving-nirvana club!
The alloys look wicked, I am a tad bit tempted.
Wish you happy and safe miles ahead!
rahul_sinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2012, 21:28   #47
BHPian

Congrats on the purchase. Great car and great rims to go with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
Managed to hit 140 again today, and there isn't even a hint of wobble. The wheels seem to be perfectly balanced and hopefully I won't need centering rings.
Could you please let me know what centering rings are? and how they help in high speed stability?
himavanth_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2012, 10:51   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_sinha View Post
Ghostrider, Congrats and welcome to the driving-nirvana club!
The alloys look wicked, I am a tad bit tempted.
Wish you happy and safe miles ahead!
Thanks buddy. If you decide to give in to temptation let me know, I'll email you designs and prices that are available in the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himavanth_m View Post
Congrats on the purchase. Great car and great rims to go with it.
Could you please let me know what centering rings are? and how they help in high speed stability?
Centering Rings are also called O’Rings / Spigot Rings or Alloy Wheel Hub Centric Rings. They're basically bracelet-sized rings that are designed to fill the gap between the hub of the car and the center bore of the wheel.

Most wheel manufacturers design their wheels with a centre-bore large enough to fit on most cars.
Therefore, since wheel manufactures make their center bore large enough to fit most cars, most wheel fitments have a gap between the car's wheel hub and the alloy's centre-bore.

This gap causes some amount of play between the wheel and the hub, and leads to some amount of vibration at large speeds.
Centering rings are fitted between the hub and the bore, which make the alloys fit PERFECTLY on to the hub, which eliminates the play, and therefore the vibration.

(Images are courtesy justforwheels.com)

This image might clear up your doubts:
Attached Images

ghostrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2012, 11:03   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
Thanks for the contact. Could you share what products you ordered and what you paid?
I ordered Collinite 476 (Hard Wax) + Collinite 845 (Paint Sealant). Paid 1800 in total IIRC.

Hope this helps.
arup.misra is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2012, 17:01   #50
BHPian

congrats for the black cat ghostrider , the ride with those lensos looks mean ! Its nice to hear that the turbo lag is now taken care of.
sajid33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2012, 17:06   #51

Congratulations on the purchase, great wheels! understated and classy.
evilsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2012, 18:33   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
I ordered Collinite 476 (Hard Wax) + Collinite 845 (Paint Sealant). Paid 1800 in total IIRC.

Hope this helps.
Which website did you order it from? Can you share the link please?
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2012, 19:28   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivriti View Post
When ventilate mode is turned on, it helps dry the condensation in the A/c cooling ducts. Otherwise, there are good chances for fungus forming and resulting in stale smell. It also helps that the recirculated dirty air is freshened.
You got that right. It is exactly the same in the Linea. I am not sure how it functions in the Cruze. In the Linea, lets say the air conditioning is working and you decide to kill it by just pressing the "STAR" button, this kills only the air conditioning, the blower continues to work and the set temperature starts blinking momentarily to tell you that the system cannot maintain set temperature as only the blower is functional. At the same time, it switches to fresh air mode, just like the Cruze. A well thought out solution too.
sandeepmohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2012, 23:28   #54
BHPian

Ghostrider congrats on your purchase.Black Cruze with black interiors looks amazing.
Do you like the stock audio system?Are you planning any upgrades to the Audio system?I find the stock ICE very good.What are your views?
rahul016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2012, 11:34   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Which website did you order it from? Can you share the link please?
I had pasted the link here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2696298 (Ghostrider's Chevrolet Cruze LTZ: Initial Ownership Review)

Don't have it handy with me right now. Hope this helps.
arup.misra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2012, 12:07   #56
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations on the acquisition man. That black interior looks absolutely sick in the american scheme of things!
The Chevy dealership in New Bombay, Nikhil Automobiles is quite thrashy with their communication and action too. And, to make it worse, I'm told they even took over / own National Garage at Mahalakshmi now. Its been almost a month if not more since I requested for a test drive of the manual transmission, but I've only received vague excuses everytime, not TD yet.
Its a different thing that I've dropped the plan to upgrade as of now, but if I were to look at a new purchase, Chevy had almost dropped a sale due to their pathetic and unprofessional sales personnel.
manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2012, 13:59   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul016 View Post
Ghostrider congrats on your purchase.Black Cruze with black interiors looks amazing.
Do you like the stock audio system?Are you planning any upgrades to the Audio system?I find the stock ICE very good.What are your views?
Not a fan of the stock ICE, to be honest. It's better than most stock systems (far better than the stock systems on the Laura, the Corolla, and the Civic) but that's not saying much. It's the usual complaint... not enough kick/punch... bass distorts even on normal tracks if you pump the volume up a bit. I'm not a basshead and I listen mainly to rock & alternative so I don't have unreasonable expectations from the amount of thump I want from my speakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Congratulations on the acquisition man. That black interior looks absolutely sick in the american scheme of things!
The Chevy dealership in New Bombay, Nikhil Automobiles is quite thrashy with their communication and action too. And, to make it worse, I'm told they even took over / own National Garage at Mahalakshmi now. Its been almost a month if not more since I requested for a test drive of the manual transmission, but I've only received vague excuses everytime, not TD yet.
Its a different thing that I've dropped the plan to upgrade as of now, but if I were to look at a new purchase, Chevy had almost dropped a sale due to their pathetic and unprofessional sales personnel.
To be honest Nikhil were fairly professional barring a couple of glitches. They delivered on all their commitments to me and were always courteous. I got not one, but two TDs of the manual transmission. The only gripe was the delivery was delivered by one day and then the car was dirty when I finally went for delivery.
Finally, they did make good... they teflon'd, polished, and decked it up.

I have no idea how the service experience is going to be though. Yes, they've taken over National Garage's clientele (because NG is moving to Audi) so they're the only option for me in South Bombay.

I'll either add to this thread or open a separate thread about the service experience after the first service (24th March).
Old 1st March 2012, 17:03   #58
BHPian

congrats ghostrider !
She is such a muscle.. the choice of alloys just couldn't be better..
Now that she's aesthetically pepped up, any plans of turning the beast more lively ?
seedyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2012, 17:36   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
Actually The cost is not 450 Euros. The cost is 450 Euros+349*3 euros (tuning license) for a 3 cars. Add a Vat tax of 19% to it. So a total of 1781 Euros for 3 cars. The Kit will come to India in March last or April first week. The cost is approximately 38K per car. Still it is cheaper than remap from petes which costs 46K.
Sid will remap it for you for Rs 18000/- all inclusive and that map if over written by Chevy will be remapped by Siddarth for the life time of the car being with you. But this pertains to just one map. If you pay him 27000 he will remap it for you with infinite number of solutions/maps for the life time that the car is with you. This means you can tweak it infinite number of times that the car is with you and you only have to bear the cost of parcel service of the ECU. For the first map though Sid will be with you tweaking it for about 4 hours. You will be satisfied though in the second map itself as with the first map Sid will gauge what you are looking for in the remap.

Its best not to remap a generic map for the Cruze because what you are looking for in the map may not be available from generic maps.

Less said about tuning boxes that do not control air flow by which I mean ones that do not control turbo pressure. Cruze engines are over fueled to begin with so dumping in more fuel without increasing turbo pressure is wasting depleted natural resources. Only a few in the country know the workings and innards of a ECU.

Do not entertain anyone who cannot or does not have the knowledge or equipment to bench flash a dead ECU.
drpullockaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2012, 11:57   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedyk View Post
congrats ghostrider !
She is such a muscle.. the choice of alloys just couldn't be better..
Now that she's aesthetically pepped up, any plans of turning the beast more lively ?
Not for a couple of months to be honest. I've had a very good experience with the Race Dynamics chip on my Swift-D, so they're a definite contender. More research will be done over the next couple of months to see what's the best option.