Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 16th April 2012, 11:33   #136
Senior - BHPian

Default re: TSI Power, My Skoda Laura vRS. EDIT: 53k kms up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Coding -

Met akki_5 yesterday to do some minor coding on the car.

1) Activated automatic lock and unlokc
2) One press unlock for all 4 doors instead of 2 presses on the unlock key.
3) Changed l/100km to Km/l in the display
Aren't you able to do all these things from the settings option of the MID? I am able to set all these things from there in my Superb.
dkaile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 11:36   #137
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Aren't you able to do all these things from the settings option of the MID? I am able to set all these things from there in my Superb.
Thats because the Superb has the Maxidot display, only the Laura L&K comes with it.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 13:55   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234
Coding -

Met akki_5 yesterday to do some minor coding on the car.

1) Activated automatic lock and unlokc
2) One press unlock for all 4 doors instead of 2 presses on the unlock key.
3) Changed l/100km to Km/l in the display

Thats about it since the car has everything else activated already. I was messing around with the software, I think I may have done something silly because later it wasn't able to connect to my car But the car starts and runs fine so I don't really care, because I doubt I'm gonna have to change anything now.
Dude. Told you to call me too. Need to do a lot of coding on mine too yaar. Plan something soon.
abhayshanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 14:15   #139
BHPian

I have booked an RS today. Should be getting the delivery in two weeks.
This thread helped me quiet a bit in the decision making process.

Regards, MB.
motor_breathing is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 15:31   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor_breathing
I have booked an RS today. Should be getting the delivery in two weeks.
This thread helped me quiet a bit in the decision making process.

Regards, MB.
Congratulations MB. You've made a fantastic choice. Glad the thread came of assistance although much of the credit is due to Akshay who's the original perpetrator. The guy that started it all! And suddenly, it seems to be raining RSs on the forum. Nice!

I'm assuming you're getting your RS in Bangalore. Always interesting to know what color people pick since the RS is available only in 4 - 2 of which are pretty off the beaten track. How much did it stack up to OTR? What kind of discounts did you manage to extract? Do elaborate.
Omtoatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 16:25   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
Congratulations MB. You've made a fantastic choice. Glad the thread came of assistance although much of the credit is due to Akshay who's the original perpetrator. The guy that started it all! And suddenly, it seems to be raining RSs on the forum. Nice!

I'm assuming you're getting your RS in Bangalore. Always interesting to know what color people pick since the RS is available only in 4 - 2 of which are pretty off the beaten track. How much did it stack up to OTR? What kind of discounts did you manage to extract? Do elaborate.
Currently I am using a White Civic, the RS also will be White. Its coming up to 20.1 Onroad in BLR. I am getting a discount of 1.4L. The car will be registered in company name, so i am bothered about only ex-showroom price which after discount is 15.2 L
motor_breathing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 17:41   #142
BHPian

Exclamation re: TSI Power, My Skoda Laura vRS. EDIT: 53k kms up!

@Akshay: My research reveals that it is very possible to retrofit the L&K's multi-function steering on the RS. You can buy it off of eBay. Sure that is bound to annul the warranty in the normal course of action but if we could get the dealership to collude (or at least to look the other way), it might just be worth its while. Would you be inclined to do such a mod?

In fact, I'm positive one BHPian has done the same to his DSG Elegance if my memory serves me right. Just unable to nail it down.

Last edited by Omtoatom : 16th April 2012 at 18:01.
Omtoatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 17:51   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
only the Laura L&K comes with it.
Oh! I though the vRS had it all. Sad to note the top of the line vRS being shortchanged for such a small but essential item.
dkaile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 20:29   #144
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
Dude. Told you to call me too. Need to do a lot of coding on mine too yaar. Plan something soon.
It was a very last minute thing.

Quote:
@Akshay: My research reveals that it is very possible to retrofit the L&K's multi-function steering on the RS. You can buy it off of eBay. Sure that is bound to annul the warranty in the normal course of action but if we could get the dealership to collude (or at least to look the other way), it might just be worth its while. Would you be inclined to do such a mod?

In fact, I'm positive one BHPian has done the same to his DSG Elegance if my memory serves me right. Just unable to nail it down.
Yes it will be just plug and play. Had this been my everyday car I certainly would have added a maxidot, mf steering, and bluetooth at the very least. They will all be OE parts so no chance of warranty being void. The tough part is finding the person to program the mods in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Oh! I though the vRS had it all. Sad to note the top of the line vRS being shortchanged for such a small but essential item.
Its a pity, considering how VFM the Superb is, the Laura is a tad bit overpriced, but corrected by discounts. The car also misses some other features, which I've highlighted in the review.
Old 17th April 2012, 15:01   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Those updates were on fellow member Vinj14’s Laura Elegance. Here is the thread (check from post #65).
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...legance-5.html

But will it a direct fit from L&K to vRS, as the L&K is with DSG and paddle shifts?

On a side note, probably Skoda thought that pure driving machines should not have any driver distractions like steering mount controls. I remember reading a review of BMW 1 M coupe, where the reviewer was complaining that BMW have slightly diluted the car by providing iDrive, and audio controls on the steering

Last edited by vb-san : 17th April 2012 at 15:03. Reason: Link added
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2012, 14:57   #146
BHPian

Akshay,
How is the dashboard reflection on windshield after VK70 installation ?
I have VK70 on my civic and this is my only complaint about that.
Its pretty bad in bright conditions and am little hesitant to go for this when i get the RS.

Also would you recommend any tires? I am planning to stick to 205 size only.
Old 19th April 2012, 15:56   #147
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor_breathing View Post
Akshay,
How is the dashboard reflection on windshield after VK70 installation ?
I have VK70 on my civic and this is my only complaint about that.
Its pretty bad in bright conditions and am little hesitant to go for this when i get the RS.

Also would you recommend any tires? I am planning to stick to 205 size only.
The dash is black so reflection hasn't bothered me, at least till now. Its probably the best front film, so get it again.

As for tires, don't keep the stock ones. Whether 205 or 225 depends on how much you push the car. If you are a quick driver then 225s make sense.
Old 20th April 2012, 13:10   #148
BHPian

One urgent question. The car you got is 2011 manufactured or 2012?.
Why I am asking this is the dealer who gave me 1.4L discount is now telling that the car is 2011 made and a 35K discount only for 2012 model.
I am thinking about cancelling the booking. What say?
Old 21st April 2012, 00:36   #149
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor_breathing View Post
One urgent question. The car you got is 2011 manufactured or 2012?.
Why I am asking this is the dealer who gave me 1.4L discount is now telling that the car is 2011 made and a 35K discount only for 2012 model.
I am thinking about cancelling the booking. What say?
I'm not sure, and honestly it was booked and blocked first week Feb, so even if it was 2011 it wouldn't make a difference to me. IMO 2011 will also be fine, just take a trip to the yard and check out the car before you confirm it.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2012, 09:48   #150
BHPian

Took the delivery of white RS last friday.
akshay, you ve been very helpful through out, thanks.
The sports seat is awesome, love it. Also the xenons, music system etc.
Ride is a bit harsh.
BTW in one of the print material supplied a 0 to 100 of 7.8 sec is mentioned. I guess this is with 95 octane fuel as autocar mentions a 8.xx sec

Even after telling not to do, the dealer put (good quality) a dark sufilm.
Dont know what to do with that as the deadline in bangalore is 19th May.