Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 7th May 2012, 10:10   #151
Team-BHP Support

Default re: TSI Power, My Skoda Laura vRS. EDIT: 53k kms up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor_breathing View Post
Took the delivery of white RS last friday.
akshay, you ve been very helpful through out, thanks.
The sports seat is awesome, love it. Also the xenons, music system etc.
Ride is a bit harsh.
BTW in one of the print material supplied a 0 to 100 of 7.8 sec is mentioned. I guess this is with 95 octane fuel as autocar mentions a 8.xx sec

Even after telling not to do, the dealer put (good quality) a dark sufilm.
Dont know what to do with that as the deadline in bangalore is 19th May.
Congratulations buddy. Wonder whether omtoatom has got his car yet or not.

Yes the timing of 7.8 seconds is with 95 octane fuel. Autocar had tested it at 8.xx seconds.

Well my personal suggestion is not to take a car out for a few days on May 19th and after that. See how everything pans out, I don't think anyone can get away by banning sunfilms totally and its just a matter of time before some acceptable regulations come into force.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2012, 16:50   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Congratulations buddy. Wonder whether omtoatom has got his car yet or not.

Yes the timing of 7.8 seconds is with 95 octane fuel. Autocar had tested it at 8.xx seconds.

Well my personal suggestion is not to take a car out for a few days on May 19th and after that. See how everything pans out, I don't think anyone can get away by banning sunfilms totally and its just a matter of time before some acceptable regulations come into force.
In post no 135 of this thread omatoatom says he got the car. For sunfilm, I am also planning to do as you mentioned. My other car has got a very light 3M sunfilm, actually no one can make out there is a film unless they inspect closely. So shall use that car or bike for few days.

For me autolocking and DRL were already enabled. I actually like the feature of opening only one door at the first unlock , so no change needed for that. Have to get L/100KM converted to KM/L.

Did you notice, the Ac air circulation mode automatically resets to external after stopping? Bit irritating. Also I am yet to understand how trip A and trip B works with memory 1 and memory 2 in MID.
motor_breathing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2012, 01:15   #153
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
Very happy to announce that my vRS is finally home. Although at the cost of sounding a shade immodest, I'm compelled to say that she's a real stunner and one heck of a catch. We're still getting to know each other, so you can expect periodic (and hopefully not sporadic) reports on the progress we're making on that front. As with any relationship, we're kinda taking it slow at the moment but if early signs are anything to go by, we're totally going to hit it off - sooner rather than later. And when that happens, expect some serious sparks to fly!

Cheers!
Oh man, completely missed this post. Congratulations. I expect a report from you soon. Also hope you have changed the tyres first thing.

Quote:
In post no 135 of this thread omatoatom says he got the car. For sunfilm, I am also planning to do as you mentioned. My other car has got a very light 3M sunfilm, actually no one can make out there is a film unless they inspect closely. So shall use that car or bike for few days.

For me autolocking and DRL were already enabled. I actually like the feature of opening only one door at the first unlock , so no change needed for that. Have to get L/100KM converted to KM/L.

Did you notice, the Ac air circulation mode automatically resets to external after stopping? Bit irritating. Also I am yet to understand how trip A and trip B works with memory 1 and memory 2 in MID.
Thanks for pointing me to that post. Yes its better to not use the car for a week or so till the checking dies down.

Yup the AC recirc resets to outside air if the car is switched off. Its a small, but irritating thing. Same thing happens on my Bimmer.

Trip A&B are separate from memory 1 and 2. Memory 1 resets if the car has been off for 2 hours or more. Memory 2 stays till you reset it. So when measuring your tank to tank use memory 2. Trip A&B need to be reset separately from the MID.

Update - Weirdly enough, the L of the Laura was coming off. I'm not sure how, but it was. So I pulled it off, and pulled of the rest also. So the car is now debadged, besides the vRS logo.
Old 9th May 2012, 12:37   #154
BHPian

Hi Akshay1234
After reading / following up regularly on your experience with the RS my internal conviction has been reinforced about the 1.8TSi motor. Which one will be the right one for me..the base Active or the full zoot RS is what is left to decide, especially if there are 1.4lakh discounts on offer by Skoda dealers as quoted by ""motor breathing" in his post no.141.
Am a very happy Octavia 1.9TDi owner for the past 9 years...
ketla2411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2012, 13:25   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Trip A&B are separate from memory 1 and 2. Memory 1 resets if the car has been off for 2 hours or more. Memory 2 stays till you reset it. So when measuring your tank to tank use memory 2. Trip A&B need to be reset separately from the MID.

Update - Weirdly enough, the L of the Laura was coming off. I'm not sure how, but it was. So I pulled it off, and pulled of the rest also. So the car is now debadged, besides the vRS logo.
Now I get it, the manual was confusing and i thought there would be a
trip A, B in memory 1 and 2.

My colleague has 3 year old TSi and that also is "aura", L is gone. He told me someone might have removed it, now i think it would have fallen by itself.
Old 17th May 2012, 18:03   #156
BHPian

Just paid up for a vRS today. White is the colour. Now the wait begins.

Peter, get those turbos out and ready !!
Old 22nd May 2012, 13:34   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketla2411 View Post
Just paid up for a vRS today. White is the colour. Now the wait begins.

Peter, get those turbos out and ready !!
Congrats ! That makes the 3rd white RS in TBHP.
Did you manage to get good discounts ?

@akshay, does RS have a hill hold function? I remember reading this in the manual and few times when I was in an incline it got activated (or I felt so) and few times the car started rolling backwards. Not sure what condition the gets triggered. Any idea?
Old 22nd May 2012, 22:44   #158
BHPian

Quote:

@akshay, does RS have a hill hold function? I remember reading this in the manual and few times when I was in an incline it got activated (or I felt so) and few times the car started rolling backwards. Not sure what condition the gets triggered. Any idea?
I don't think RS has hill hold function. I've never experienced it in mine. Comprared to my verna, i find it much more trickier in the RS negotiating the same inclines.
avinash_clt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2012, 08:46   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_clt View Post
I don't think RS has hill hold function. I've never experienced it in mine. Comprared to my verna, i find it much more trickier in the RS negotiating the same inclines.
I searched the user manual again. See page 165. This feature is not called hill hold control, but uphill start assist. It seems for a 5% incline, it will keep applying the brakes for 2 seconds or so. I felt this happened few times when I was on an incline and at the same place few times the car rolled back. So confused how this gets triggered.
Old 23rd May 2012, 09:29   #160
BHPian

Quote:
I searched the user manual again. See page 165. This feature is not called hill hold control, but uphill start assist. It seems for a 5% incline, it will keep applying the brakes for 2 seconds or so. I felt this happened few times when I was on an incline and at the same place few times the car rolled back. So confused how this gets triggered.
Yes I've read about it before. I believe the feature if present should get activated, if on a 5%incline or more and while going up the incline (either in forward or reverse).

But I still don't think that it is available in RS. Cause there has been numerous times I've had to use the handbrake. Clutch slipping in my diesel verna, not an option with the RS Each time I let go of the brakes the car rolls down. Maybe its the 2 second limit btw releasing brake and using the accelerator.

Skoda has a pretty good specification sheet they provide in their website for each of their models, detailing almost all of the options available across the variants. I think they would have mentioned it if present. If you see the specifications of yeti and superb, you'll see the options 'hill hold control' listed under 'braking' features. Hence i strongly feel this is one of those omitted options along with ESP, HBA, EDL/XDL etc.
Old 23rd May 2012, 10:17   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Just checked the report I had got for my car by decoding the VIN, from vagauto.com. It is clearly mentioned in it as 'Hill hold control -- UG0 -- Without hill hold control / hill descent control / comfort driving assist'.
Old 23rd May 2012, 10:22   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Yes I've read about it before. I believe the feature if present should get activated, if on a 5%incline or more and while going up the incline (either in forward or reverse).

But I still don't think that it is available in RS. Cause there has been numerous times I've had to use the handbrake. Clutch slipping in my diesel verna, not an option with the RS Each time I let go of the brakes the car rolls down. Maybe its the 2 second limit btw releasing brake and using the accelerator.

Skoda has a pretty good specification sheet they provide in their website for each of their models, detailing almost all of the options available across the variants. I think they would have mentioned it if present. If you see the specifications of yeti and superb, you'll see the options 'hill hold control' listed under 'braking' features. Hence i strongly feel this is one of those omitted options along with ESP, HBA, EDL/XDL etc.
May be you are right.. The only discrepancy I see in their online spec sheet for RS is that it comes with Rear mud flaps. Actually it comes with front mudflap only. Other details are very precise.
Old 23rd May 2012, 13:08   #163
BHPian

Quote:

Just got a call from the dealer saying dispatch will happen this evening from Aurangabad. Will get Chassis/VIN details later, and yes there was a 1L discount
Old 23rd May 2012, 13:19   #164
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Guys it's not available on the RS and is only available when ESP is present, which we don't have. Only Asr is there.

Congrats Ketla, looks like the RS has a tiny fan following on the forum now.
Old 30th May 2012, 01:39   #165
Team-BHP Support

I'm not in town, but I understand the car had to go for a top up. The driver was checking the oil and found its low, so sent the car to skoda. Well I'm not surprised considering its a known issue and that I drive this car hard. So vrs owners keep a tab on your oil level.