Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 4th June 2012, 12:42   #166
BHPian

Default re: TSI Power, My Skoda Laura vRS. EDIT: 53k kms up!

Took delivery of my vRS on 1st of June.
From My Geographic location the only direction its nose will be pointed is due south. Mecca. For Skoda's, if you know what I mean.
Very Sooooon.
ketla2411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2012, 16:23   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketla2411 View Post
Took delivery of my vRS on 1st of June.
From My Geographic location the only direction its nose will be pointed is due south. Mecca. For Skoda's, if you know what I mean.
Very Sooooon.
Congrats.... So you are heading to pete it at Cochin ?
Isn't it better to do a remap or such after running in.
motor_breathing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2012, 16:47   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor_breathing View Post
Congrats.... So you are heading to pete it at Cochin ?
Isn't it better to do a remap or such after running in.
Thanks motorbreathing
Let me put it this way:- When your muscles feel tight and rigid and unflexible, you go get yourself a nice rejuvenating theraputic ''massage''.
Thats exactly the same the vRS shall go thru in GODS OWN COUNTRY
Old 4th June 2012, 17:38   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks motorbreathing
Let me put it this way:- When your muscles feel tight and rigid and unflexible, you go get yourself a nice rejuvenating theraputic ''massage''.
Thats exactly the same the vRS shall go thru in GODS OWN COUNTRY
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2749873&type=3

Start here.

Attached Images

Last edited by jkdas : 4th June 2012 at 17:39.
jkdas is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2012, 17:44   #170
BHPian

Wish someone in Bombay does the same with his White Laura vRS. Would be fun. Not naming anyone, just saying a White Laura vRS would be great. Maybe the owner also has a ln accord and a 320D. Again not naming anyone.
In all seriousness, there should be a Laura vRS stage I atleast here yaar. Bored of all the stock Lauras.
abhayshanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2012, 22:42   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
In all seriousness, there should be a Laura vRS stage I atleast here yaar. Bored of all the stock Lauras.
Here is a neatly modded Laura TSI. Really wicked and tastefully done.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...bhp-tap-4.html
driveanddrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2012, 13:17   #172
BHPian

Lightbulb re: TSI Power, My Skoda Laura vRS. EDIT: 53k kms up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Oh man, completely missed this post. Congratulations. I expect a report from you soon. Also hope you have changed the tyres first thing.
Thanks much Akshay and apologies for not replying earlier. T-BHP (and the virtual world in general) had kinda fallen off my radar because no sooner did I get the car than I've had to travel halfway across the globe on a work assignment. Back for the time being and boy, have I missed the gang!

Afraid not much to report back on the RS yet because I've hardly had the opportunity to put her through the gears. Intend to do that without any delay whatsoever - the itch is quite uncontrollable now.

Hey while on the subject: a quick question. I notice the RS has a provision for parking lights (blue bulbs swept back just above the Xenons) positioned at the place where the regular Lauras house their own. I know the DRLs are also meant to double up as parking lights but is there any way to activate the conventional ones too? Would be kinda cool huh. Ever tried this buddy?

Last edited by Omtoatom : 9th July 2012 at 13:19.
Omtoatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2012, 18:32   #173
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post

Hey while on the subject: a quick question. I notice the RS has a provision for parking lights (blue bulbs swept back just above the Xenons) positioned at the place where the regular Lauras house their own. I know the DRLs are also meant to double up as parking lights but is there any way to activate the conventional ones too? Would be kinda cool huh. Ever tried this buddy?
Those are just dummies. I remember reading about them on briskoda. Why put yellow bulbs there when you have the nice LEDs?

Surprisingly I haven't seen another vRS on the roads since 3-4 months at least. Nice to have a rare car.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2012, 18:54   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Surprisingly I haven't seen another vRS on the roads since 3-4 months at least. Nice to have a rare car.
True. So that's the case even in Mumbai. I'vent seen a single vRS here either. But I've seen a white vRS, Goa registration, screaming past me when i was on my way to Cochin, co-incidence eh?

Sorry for hijacking your thread. I've also put up an initial ownership report of my vRS.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...laura-vrs.html (Black Panther - Skoda Laura vRS)
avinash_clt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2012, 20:06   #175
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_clt View Post
True. So that's the case even in Mumbai. I'vent seen a single vRS here either. But I've seen a white vRS, Goa registration, screaming past me when i was on my way to Cochin, co-incidence eh?

Sorry for hijacking your thread. I've also put up an initial ownership report of my vRS.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...laura-vrs.html (Black Panther - Skoda Laura vRS)
That would be ketla2411. Even the number of his vRS is 5933. Now thats freaky
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2012, 12:04   #176
BHPian

Post re: TSI Power, My Skoda Laura vRS. EDIT: 53k kms up!

Quote:
Those are just dummies. I remember reading about them on briskoda.
Thanks for confirming Akshay. That's what I figured too.

Quote:
Funny you say that. I've already spotted 3 in the past week. In white at Bandra on the WE Highway and then another 2 in the unlikeliest of colors you'd expect to see on the road; one in 'Sprint Yellow' at Mahim (replete with a garland on the bonnet, ribbons et al) and a 'Race Blue' parked at Prabhadevi. All 3 had Mumbai plates so definitely not visiting.

Incidentally Skoda is heavily promoting the vRS (with a fairly lousy commercial) across all electronic media right now. Maybe people are influenced

Nevertheless a rare car.

Last edited by Omtoatom : 11th July 2012 at 12:08.
Omtoatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2012, 19:55   #177
BHPian

[quote=avinash_clt;2835596]But I've seen a white vRS, Goa registration, screaming past me when i was on my way to Cochin, co-incidence eh?

Quote:
That would be ketla2411. Even the number of his vRS is 5933. Now thats freaky
Avinash_clt, like Akshay1234 said....That definately would be me. On Sunday 1st July to be precise.
Old 12th July 2012, 17:38   #178
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
Funny you say that. I've already spotted 3 in the past week. In white at Bandra on the WE Highway and then another 2 in the unlikeliest of colors you'd expect to see on the road; one in 'Sprint Yellow' at Mahim (replete with a garland on the bonnet, ribbons et al) and a 'Race Blue' parked at Prabhadevi. All 3 had Mumbai plates so definitely not visiting.

Incidentally Skoda is heavily promoting the vRS (with a fairly lousy commercial) across all electronic media right now. Maybe people are influenced

Nevertheless a rare car.
Wow that is a lot lol. Good to know at least a few are selling. I've seen that commercial, its crap, considering its sister VW has such good marketing this is a disgrace.

Quote:

Avinash_clt, like Akshay1234 said....That definately would be me. On Sunday 1st July to be precise.
320bhp? Wow. Man put up some pics and all.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 18:29   #179
BHPian

320bhp? Wow. Man put up some pics and all.[/quote]

Have pics. But am just too caught up with backlog from my "outing to GOD's OWN COUNTRY" . Will start a new thread for it, me thinks.....
Old 4th August 2012, 14:53   #180
Team-BHP Support

Update -

The car has now completed 7500kms, and after just checking up on it I found the engine oil needs a top up again. So its going on Monday now for that. Also sometimes when the AC is on there is a whining kind of sound which increases a bit with the rpm, need to get that checked up too.

Besides that the car is doing great, the vRS was certainly a good choice, no regrets at all. Though sometimes in traffic I do wish this had a 7 speed DSG. But still nothing like a slick manual gearbox.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote