Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 2nd January 2013, 10:50   #196
BHPian

Default re: Silver Pegasus - 2012 Honda City CE - Updated Index & all Accessories Listed

Sn1p3r,

Aloha!

Nice to be in your company again. My internet conn is extended for 3 more days-how many blessings are we taking for granted!!

I was pleased to learn that major car brand in Hawaii is Honda Of course no City.

I saw quite a few City's in Pattaya, Thailand last month. They had wider tyres and better alloys-guess what! I had forgotten my camera

My City is fairing well-Biwiji is taking good care. I had upgraded the tyres to 195/60 R15 Michelin Primacy LCs. Comfortable in City-not greatly so on the highway.Engine is smoother now-after running in.

I am not really getting time to cover the car scene-which is frustrating me.

Hope all is well with you and your girl too is behaving well. How is the herbal farming-must be rewarding and relaxing I reckon.

Happy new year-mate!

Rgds,

charthom
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2013, 13:25   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: Silver Pegasus - 2012 Honda City CE - Updated Index & all Accessories Listed

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Avi,

Sorry the Pegasus had a close encounter of the wrong kind-hope he is flying full colours again.

And hope the little one is happy and healthy.

Long time since my last posts- sailing non stop..sigh.

Right now in Hawaii. Got a net conn after 6 months!

I wish you a very happy year 2013.
Charthom!! Long time no see. Missing you terribly around these parts, mate. Happy New Year 2013 to you as well!

Ah, Pegasus is sailing like a free bird! No hiccups, no glitches whatsoever (touchwood!). The little one is a ball of joy, and naughty as hell! Parenthood makes you a man, keeping the kid inside you alive at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Aloha!
Happy New Year to all.

6 months of no Internet, I can't survive 6 minutes you are a kidding right
Happy New Year to you as well, Sn1p3r my friend.

Tell me about it! 6 months of no Internet, I can't survive 6 seconds these days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Nice to be in your company again. My internet conn is extended for 3 more days-how many blessings are we taking for granted!!

I was pleased to learn that major car brand in Hawaii is Honda Of course no City.

I saw quite a few City's in Pattaya, Thailand last month. They had wider tyres and better alloys-guess what! I had forgotten my camera

My City is fairing well-Biwiji is taking good care. I had upgraded the tyres to 195/60 R15 Michelin Primacy LCs. Comfortable in City-not greatly so on the highway.Engine is smoother now-after running in.

I am not really getting time to cover the car scene-which is frustrating me.
Great news! Now you can stay online for one more day!

Good to hear about Honda's dominance in Hawaii. At least one place where the bulletproof brand is selling at the top of the charts.

Finally you got your tyres upgraded. Long time pending! Glad to hear bhabhi jee is taking good care of your City until you get back. PLCs are superb at low speeds over rough roads and reward you with good FE as well. Excellent choice of wheels.

Deeply wish to see you touch home land soon, and come back full-time to T-BHP duties. Can't wait to see your updates again.

Be safe, my friend.
Old 2nd January 2013, 15:38   #198
BHPian

Avi,

We are off to Long View in Washington on 5th.If I sign off from there,I hope to be home by about 20th. yes, I will resume the TBHP duties with renewed vigour this time.

A nail had punctured one of my tyres- which was revealed during a routine nitrogen filling session. The pressure had dropped to 20 psi. The tyre was repaired-is doing fine. Interestingly I had hit the high way 2 days earlier and done 12 km. I did feel a little drag-nothing much. The tyre fared well with 20 psi and a nail in it!

I even got 26 km/l for a short period on the high way! In the city,same 9 km/l.
No noticeable dip in economy due to the upgrade.

But Primacy LCs are a bit choppy on undulating surfaces at high speeds.

Bhabhiji is very methodical and takes very good care of the car. She is reporting an occasional 10 km/l which I have never achieved in rush hour traffic!!

I have a lot of catching up to do on your thread-will manage in due course.

Your parenting experience reminds me of my own. I am really nostalgic and miss those days badly.

Let both Pegasus and your parental bliss spread their wings and fly high!!

Rgds,

charthom
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2013, 18:06   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

It's been a while since I updated on Silver Pegasus. Nothing much to report, as he continues to rule the roads around here, as the uncrowned king that he is. The ODO is nearing the 6500-km mark, and the FE stands at a respectable 13.3 kmpl inside the city.

Meanwhile, Sylver (our 2012 Maruti Ritz) has come into our lives and I find myself preferring her for the in-city runs. But for the sheer pleasure of driving, Pegasus is pretty much unmatched. Every time I take him out of my garage, I find myself smiling.

Couple of days back, we did a short 40-km trip to a famous temple on the state borders of Chhattisgarh-Orissa. Naturally, Pegasus was our chosen steed for this short trip and the whole journey went smoothly without a hitch. The roads were acceptable for the most part, with uneven patches and broken parts dotted throughout (it's a narrow state road, no highway). We left at around 3:15 PM and reached the place at 4 PM. Return journey was at 5:25 PM and we reached home (after an evening snack outing) by 7 PM.

As usual, my fascination with Pegasus flowed into the pics I took with my Galaxy Note. Fewer family pics, more Pegasus pics!

A close shot of the side profile. Handsome!

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-20130123_170351.jpg

The setting sun casting it's long, evening shadows.

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-20130123_170330.jpg

The silver steed shining against the rapidly approaching darkness of dusk.

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-20130123_170402.jpg

Urban sophistication meets rural simplicity. Pegasus against the backdrop of a busy village life.

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-20130123_171930.jpg

The trees of the grove reflecting off the bonnet's silvery shade.

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-20130123_172028.jpg

My favorite of the entire lot - my attempt at really amateurish car-art photography.

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-20130123_171949.jpg

Will keep in touch. Ciao for now and drive safe, folks!

Last edited by RavenAvi : 7th December 2013 at 19:54.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th January 2013, 18:43   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
It's been a while since I updated on Silver Pegasus. Nothing much to report, as he continues to rule the roads around here, as the uncrowned king that he is.
I agree Avi, after a while it gets boring. The threads seems of gasp of reporting matter. But hey, who's complaining
arup.misra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2013, 20:02   #201
BHPian

So, there we hit the double ton for your thread !

Nice pics there, Avi. As for the last pic, should have tried the RHS which boasts of the LTD sticker thereby, elevating the overall effect

The tints haven't been taken off? I am glad, atleast somewhere we have this rule not being deployed in full effect. Till that is done, the cars can look their handsome best (like Pegasus does, in the pics) and the people inside the vehicles can hold themselves up from the sveltering heat!

-Cheers
Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by MetalBuff : 25th January 2013 at 20:21.
MetalBuff is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2013, 23:17   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
The tints haven't been taken off? I am glad, atleast somewhere we have this rule not being deployed in full effect. Till that is done, the cars can look their handsome best (like Pegasus does, in the pics) and the people inside the vehicles can hold themselves up from the sveltering heat!
Hope that was sarcastic. Tints are directly going against SC order, not the best execution of citizen's duties. Help protect the women of our country, some extra roasting in the midday sun is worth the result.

I am sure Avinash didn't take SP out in a while but the Good Samaritan he is, he will get it off.

Good to see the updates, most ANHC threads have gone cold.
Sn1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2013, 07:44   #203
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Nice pics there, Avi. As for the last pic, should have tried the RHS which boasts of the LTD sticker thereby, elevating the overall effect.
Thanks!

Oh yes, but then the tree in front wouldn't have had it's effect in the background. Maybe next time.

Quote:
Nope, I haven't taken them off. After the initial rundowns, the traffic police have quietened down for the tints around my city. Government vehicles, taxis, even mini-trucks still have their tints. Plus these Llumar films are quite bright and semi-transparent when seen from outside. Maybe that's the reason I haven't been pulled over yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Hope that was sarcastic. Tints are directly going against SC order, not the best execution of citizen's duties. Help protect the women of our country, some extra roasting in the midday sun is worth the result.

I am sure Avinash didn't take SP out in a while but the Good Samaritan he is, he will get it off.

Good to see the updates, most ANHC threads have gone cold.
Yikes! Yes, that is true, Sn1p3r my friend. But with summer approaching, I am tempted to push my luck for as long as it can go.

If you went through my thread from the beginning, I initially didn't have any tints, thinking that the windshield/windows were already having tinted glasses. But the April sun became so unforgiving that Pegasus's A/C wasn't being effective at all. It was more of a compulsion to go for films than choice.

Still, let me debate on this and see.

----------------------------

About 4-5 days back, I decided to give Pegasus a long polish and wash. It had been overdue since our Raipur trip in December. Out came the car cover and the trusty Jopasu duster. And much to my horrified eyes, I noticed damages on my King!

On the roof, just above the left rear passenger door.

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-20130129_164715.jpg

Swirl gashes on the roof.

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-20130129_164801.jpg

Deep gash on the bonnet. Someone has tried to cover it desperately with body paint. (maybe that's why it was not immediately visible)

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-20130129_164837.jpg

Gash extending downwards on the bonnet, above the left wheel well. Hasty paint job to cover it.

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-20130129_164843.jpg

I am guessing a workshop tool, either a spanner or something similar, was kept on top of the bonnet, which then slid downwards. As for the roof's scratches and swirl marks, I have no idea. Maybe a toolbox?

The pics don't show the scratches/gashes clearly. They are much deeper than it is suggested in the pics, specially the ones on the bonnet, which have been haphazardly tried to be covered with touch-up body paint.

I didn't notice these during our recent 40 km trip about which I had posted earlier, since it was a late afternoon trip and it was right after I had returned home early from office. It was basically - take cover off Pegasus, polish the dust off his windshield, pile in and drive, do the darshan, pile back in, get back to city after darkness fell, drive back into garage and pull cover back on.

Plus, Pegasus had enough petrol in his tank so I hadn't filled him up in the meanwhile. The moment I opened the fuel lid, I saw this:-

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-20130129_165017.jpg

Fuel cap attachment completely broken!

You can imagine how downcast I was feeling right then. Immediately, I gave a call to the A.S.S. manager (my relative) and told him about it. He was apologetic but said I should have checked for those during delivery time. I retorted back saying that if they gave me delivery after darkness fell, how was I to check for these scratches/dents?! And, now do I need to pop open the fuel lid after every service as well?! What's next, opening the hood to check if I still had an engine inside the car?

Appalling service. First the polishing guys scratch off Pegasus's Pollution Control sticker, and now all this.

I decided to email Honda Customer Care detailing all the problems I had faced in the A.S.S. center since the last 2 services (the last free one and the first paid one). I forgot to mention in my last paid service report about another fact - I was keeping some loose change (about Rs.70/- in coins) in Pegasus, and had forgotten to take them out of that small storage holder under the steering wheel on the right. When they handed Pegasus back to me, all the change was gone! And I discovered this after I had returned home. One of the joys of driving to and fro to another city and back on the same day for a service - in case you didn't get it, I am being sarcastic here.

On the same evening, I got a call from Honda's Customer Care in Mumbai. The guy asked me to describe in detail all the damages to Pegasus and the complaints I had about the A.S.S. service. I explained everything to him, and he took it all pretty seriously. He mentioned several times that these were some serious charges, and assured me that they will get these scratches/dents fixed for free the next time I visit the A.S.S. center. He said they were organising a campaign in my city next month (this month) and I was invited. I told him that if anybody from Customer Care would come to the Honda campaign, I would show them these damages. He said someone should be there, and I could contact them personally. He also told me to expect a call from the dealership within the next day or two, since he will be talking to them about this complaint the very next day.

But, it's been 4 days since that call. No subsequent call, either from the dealership or from Honda Customer Care, has come since.

Apart from a solitary trip to the office and back since then, Pegasus has been under his cover. I know he's putting up a brave front, but all these damages must be making him wince. Repeatedly.

I have been using Aryan, my Apache, for the past 3 days for my office trips, since Dad needed Sylver for some of his Income Tax-related work. I simply don't have the heart to open Pegasus's cover again right now.

Sorry, my King. Guess I have failed you. Who can give solace to a heart-broken soul? *deep sigh*

Will stay in touch, if I can.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 1st February 2013 at 07:48.
Old 1st February 2013, 08:58   #204
BHPian

Hello Avi,

Saddening to see those gashes on the handsome King. Yes, they indeed look like something was kept on him and then pulled carelessly leading to those.

The roof makes sense at times(not at all equipment, please) but, who keeps stuff on the darn bonnet?

Why don't you try giving her a good wash, a anti swirl mark treatment followed by good wax coat. Should coverup some of these albeit, slightly at the same time make you and the king feel better.

Additionally, please write back to Honda about your experience, point this thread and that you are still awaiting any official "written" confirmation from them. Your next service might be in some days to follow but, better to strike when the wound on the King is still fresh. Not forgetting, and so, is yours :(

Really painful. Now these are some of the things, I wouldn't even my foe to go through and to see a car fanatic(treating them like a family member and even naming then) like you are, go through this, it's saddening enough!

As, for checking the vehicle thoroughly after each service, that is a given. However, in your case, they have been so warm and prompt that this indeed would have been a jolt from the blue. Now, who checks the fuel lid, man! Even the most advertent guy to have walked the face of the earth would just forget that one aspect. How about checking if even the spare tire, bolts and screws haven't been slipped away? Frustrating!!

-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by MetalBuff : 1st February 2013 at 09:08.
Old 1st February 2013, 12:03   #205
BHPian

I agree with Shivang, I think its time you write an official complaint to HCC.

Something like this is absolutely annoying and shameful on the part of HASS. What I cannot fathom is how on earth do they keep tools or anything on the roof. From what O have seen at HASS in Mumbai, these guys put a protective cover around the bonnet area and on the driver seat so that no snicks / grease ever get to the paint body. Most of their tools are kept in the utility box. So much so that I've never seen any tools lying about anywhere else. This is from my experience of being present at the HASS for my past 6 services (4 City 2 Brio)

Since you say the manager of HASS is your relative, can't he help your case? Especially when he knows you had to take delivery in the dark.
arup.misra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2013, 12:19   #206
BHPian

Hello Avi,
Really sad to hear about Pegasus.

Follow-up with the service center and get it rectified. Insist that you want the whole dent/painting done to your satisfaction. It is their mistake.

I know of case when they scratched the Left Hand Side rear door while giving delivery. The car was there for accidental repair and the door was re-painted. When the showed it at the shop floor it was not there.

But somehow when the got the car down in the lift and into parking for delivery just before driving off i noticed it. Initially they said it will go away with buffing, but then when i insisted and told them that they need to fix it, they acknowledged.

Took it in writing that it would be rectified, the door was repainted as they accepted their fault.

Cheers
MKP
mkpiyengar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2013, 14:10   #207
BHPian

Very sorry to see the pictures of the scratches on the roof and the other damage near the fuel filler opening. It is really really disappointing.

I had a similar experience with my WagonR (sold now) about a year back at Maruti A.S.S.. Similar to your case, my car was also delivered in the evening, and when I drove back and was parking the car in my allotted slot at the ground floor parking area under our building, under the bright illumination I spotted that the roof of the car had undulations. I immediately called the A.S.S. and they denied having done any damage to the roof. Next day I was there, and had a huge fight with the Service Manager. Ultimately, after a bit of threat of serious action, the Manager gave in and finally agreed to repair the damage. I had to keep the car there for a number of days, and finally after many telephone calls I got my car back. They made the roof flat and repainted, however did not do a good job of repainting because the edges of the roof were not done to my satisfaction. I simply gave up and brought the car back home.

The lesson is that one should never take delivery from A.S.S. in the evening, and if one does, then one should check for any visible damage to the extent possible. But it cannot be practised all the time. Recently I gave my new City E-MT to the HASS for the first service wherein they were supposed to install a few accessories like seat cover etc. They gave the car back to me at 7 PM.

Last edited by asitkde : 1st February 2013 at 14:14.
asitkde is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2013, 14:12   #208
BHPian

Thumbs up re: Silver Pegasus - 2012 Honda City CE - Updated Index & all Accessories Listed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpiyengar View Post
Hello Avi,
Really sad to hear about Pegasus.

Follow-up with the service center and get it rectified. Insist that you want the whole dent/painting done to your satisfaction. It is their mistake.

I know of case when they scratched the Left Hand Side rear door while giving delivery. The car was there for accidental repair and the door was re-painted. When the showed it at the shop floor it was not there.

But somehow when the got the car down in the lift and into parking for delivery just before driving off i noticed it. Initially they said it will go away with buffing, but then when i insisted and told them that they need to fix it, they acknowledged.

Took it in writing that it would be rectified, the door was repainted as they accepted their fault.

Cheers
MKP
Hello MKP,

In that case, you were very well within the premises however, it's been quite a few days after which these on the SP.

Had Avi been in a similar situation, he would have definitely given them a piece of his mind, for sure!

One thing goes without saying, that the SC needs to get this fixed at their own cost, for this laxity of theirs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
I agree with Shivang, I think its time you write an official complaint to HCC.

Something like this is absolutely annoying and shameful on the part of HASS. What I cannot fathom is how on earth do they keep tools or anything on the roof. From what O have seen at HASS in Mumbai, these guys put a protective cover around the bonnet area and on the driver seat so that no snicks / grease ever get to the paint body.
Hello Arup,

If you notice the previous pictures in the thread, they indeed have taken all those precautions that you mentioned but, probably gave those a "royal kick" this time around :(
Old 1st February 2013, 14:26   #209
BHPian

Quote:
One thing goes without saying, that the SC needs to get this fixed at their own cost, for this laxity of theirs.
Agree with you totally. Basically, this was what I was trying to point out in what I said.

It is really painful, that we take care of our cars so meticulously and some one accidentally damages it !! Some one has scratched the whole rear door with a key or sharp metal object

Cheers
MKP
mkpiyengar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2013, 09:46   #210

Guys, a big update after a long time ....lots of things happening and we eventually moved to the us last month. Needless to say nothing works here without a car and specially not in Minnesotan winters. So after trying out the vw jetty, Nissan versa and Honda civic lx, we went ahead and booked the urban titanium color of the civic lx.
It's a fun machine to drive and with the roads here I'm just loving it. Will have to take pics soon, but I wanted to let the forum know that I'm still a Honda fan ;-)
obiwankenobi is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread