Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2013, 18:22   #241
BHPian
 
Baddychat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Noida
Posts: 306
Thanked: 128 Times
Default re: 2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!

RavenAvi, first of all this is an amazing thread you have started which makes life much much easier for lots of prospective Honda city buyers and new users.

There is a query with respect to the head lamp bulb replacement. I am planning to replace the bulbs with stock rating Philips Extreme Vision ones.
Could you suggest where I should these up from, I can see a few retailers on ebay who are selling a pair for appx 1350 INR.

Cheers
Baddychat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2013, 20:15   #242
Distinguished - BHPian
 
RavenAvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Flying Around
Posts: 5,373
Thanked: 28,333 Times
Default re: 2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
I do not want to fiddle around. Will stick to the stock specs. BTW, any difference in Philips and NB+ with the stock spec?
The Philips EVs are a tad brighter than the NB+s, IMO. But users have claimed that both are equally bad in rainy nights. Yet to check that out myself.

Given a choice, go for Philips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Which tyre would reduce the noise? My City came with MRF's and even if all windows are closed and I drive 60+ on the highway, I can hear the road noise. Its like sitting inside a aircraft.
The Michelin Primacy LCs take the cake here. Riding comfort increases, plus there's near-negligible road noise. In a soundproof cabin like the Fiesta's, you will be hard-pressed to notice any tyre noise at all.

Mind you, the City's cabin isn't that great in keeping the sounds out. Some amount of traffic/road noise filters in when all windows are up. I thought the Fiesta trumps all other cars of this segment in that respect.

The stock OEM Goodyears and MRFs both aren't that great. The Michelins are the best among the OEM tyres, IMO. MRFs are second, but only because they will last the distance. Goodyears are the worst.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
RavenAvi, first of all this is an amazing thread you have started which makes life much much easier for lots of prospective Honda city buyers and new users.

There is a query with respect to the head lamp bulb replacement. I am planning to replace the bulbs with stock rating Philips Extreme Vision ones.
Could you suggest where I should these up from, I can see a few retailers on ebay who are selling a pair for appx 1350 INR.

Cheers
Thank you so much for the kind words, Baddychat. I'll be really glad if my experience helps out anyone in their decision-making process.

That's a really good choice of bulbs you have zeroed into. You can order it from ebay, no problem, but if the ordered bulbs arrive with a defect/break, there's too much hassle involved to get them replaced. Better to procure them from a good accessory shop - this way you get to check out the bulbs in person, check out their genuineness, and negotiate a good deal for them as well. See if any of your nearby shops can procure them for you at a better rate.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 22nd August 2013 at 20:17.
RavenAvi is offline  
Old 22nd August 2013, 21:00   #243
BHPian
 
Baddychat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Noida
Posts: 306
Thanked: 128 Times
Default re: 2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Thank you so much for the kind words, Baddychat. I'll be really glad if my experience helps out anyone in their decision-making process.

That's a really good choice of bulbs you have zeroed into. You can order it from ebay, no problem, but if the ordered bulbs arrive with a defect/break, there's too much hassle involved to get them replaced. Better to procure them from a good accessory shop - this way you get to check out the bulbs in person, check out their genuineness, and negotiate a good deal for them as well. See if any of your nearby shops can procure them for you at a better rate.
That sounds like a good idea. I have been planning to change the bulbs for quite sometime and it gets delayed for some reason or the other. :-)
I need to figure out where I can pick them up from. The stock bulbs are plain pathetic on the highways and during my last drive when I drove for a quite a few hours after sunset, there were times when I had had to shift between the HB and LB to check for what lay ahead.

Also on the tyre thing I totally agree with you that the City's cabin isn't the most silent of the lot. I have been using the stock XM1's for 32k+ kms now and they have served me well till date. The tyre noise has increased definitely over a period of time but yes I would wait out a few thousand kms more before I change.

The Primacy LC's are the best when you upsize to 195/60. Also IMO if stock size is retained XM2's are not a bad option as are the CPC2's.
Baddychat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2013, 10:30   #244
BHPian
 
dre@ms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MADRAS
Posts: 578
Thanked: 170 Times
Default re: 2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Given a choice, go for Philips.
What is the model/spec I should look for? Is it just a plug and glow DIY ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The Michelin Primacy LCs take the cake here. Riding comfort increases, plus there's near-negligible road noise. In a soundproof cabin like the Fiesta's, you will be hard-pressed to notice any tyre noise at all.
When can I safely change my tyres? 10k KM or more ? Can we upsize or retain the stock specs ?
dre@ms is offline  
Old 23rd August 2013, 14:46   #245
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 323
Thanked: 209 Times
Default re: 2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

MRFs would mean MRF ZVTVs. They are good tyres as well (second to Michelin in quality, as OEM factory-fit). If you don't feel the need for greater comfort and road grip, let the tyres remain stock. If you want more comfort and grip, I suggest changing them when the first tyre rotation (usually at 10,000 kms) is due.
Thanks for your passionate response. I have immensely enjoyed your previous threads, and I am thrilled to have received a one-on-one guidance like this. I will keep the stock ones for now. Will bug you after my 10k kms milestone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
That's normal surge for cranking up a cold engine, IMO. I suggest starting up the engine and let it idle for a minute or so, before putting it into gear. That helps immensely in warming up the engine before you start moving. Also, if you are backing out from your garage, it's more imperative to let the engine warm up nicely.

City AT experts can clarify more on the AT surge. But I think all is normal.
I have started idling up to one minute, and rpms stabilized within a short time. Great suggestion. Results were immediate. Everything seems normal to me now. So far, so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Don't start the AC immediately after cranking up the engine (or before it). The engine needs...
All your suggestions noted. Your responses should be included in Honda manual!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Stick to the recommended ones as given on the left side sill of the driver door (32 front/30 rear). Usually tyres ...
How do you know so many things?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
I recommend normal air over nitrogen, unless you are a frequent highway traveller.
Can you please elaborate? I find this input interesting. I thought Nitrogen was lighter, and results less heat and increases FE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
I agree. Compared to many contemporary competitors, the City feels ill-equipped in the features department. But it gives you one thing which very few cars can provide today - peace of mind, specially for a petrol offering...
Oh! Absolutely. I wouldn't have bought the car otherwise. I agree with you line-to-line here. My rant was only about Honda missing an opportunity to take the package perfection close to 100% from 99%. I love every aspect of the car and I am lucky to be owning one and driving one. Guess we are all! I admire your passion and your efforts in calming an anxious new Honda owner. Have a nice day.
bsdbsd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2013, 20:29   #246
Distinguished - BHPian
 
RavenAvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Flying Around
Posts: 5,373
Thanked: 28,333 Times
Default re: 2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
That sounds like a good idea. I have been planning to change the bulbs for quite sometime and it gets delayed for some reason or the other.
Do it sooner than later. The City screams for better lighting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
The stock bulbs are plain pathetic on the highways and during my last drive when I drove for a quite a few hours after sunset, there were times when I had had to shift between the HB and LB to check for what lay ahead.
Oh, indeed! Those times at dusk/dawn when I had to drive with nearly blind visibility in front of me, due to those pathetic OEM beams! At least the NB+s help immensely with lighting. I am thankful to the fog lamps as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
Also on the tyre thing I totally agree with you that the City's cabin isn't the most silent of the lot. I have been using the stock XM1's for 32k+ kms now and they have served me well till date. The tyre noise has increased definitely over a period of time but yes I would wait out a few thousand kms more before I change.
The Michelin XM1s are the best OEM tyres IMO, out of the 3 offered for the City. But 32,000 kms already?! Better check the treads for any/all life left in them. My suggestion is to change them at 35,000, if you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
The Primacy LC's are the best when you upsize to 195/60. Also IMO if stock size is retained XM2's are not a bad option as are the CPC2's.
Completely agree, although I would prefer XM2s over CPC2s, simply because of a (comparatively) thicker sidewall.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
What is the model/spec I should look for? Is it just a plug and glow DIY ?
Stock 60/55. Yes, it's very easy to change bulbs of the City. You can do it yourself.

Here's the link to help you out - http://www.lighting.philips.co.in/v2...p?id=1088066#0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
When can I safely change my tyres? 10k KM or more ? Can we upsize or retain the stock specs ?
If you are not happy with your stock ones, you can change them immediately. You can get some money out of the deal by selling your old tyres to the tyre shop guy, if there's enough life left in them. If you can wait till the 10K milestone and are a bit short on Vitamin M, stay.

You can upsize to 195/60, 185/60 (even 185/65) or retain 175/65, no problem. Bigger width increases riding comfort and helps in gripping the tarmac better. Sometimes it can cause a dip in mileage (around 1-2 kpl lesser than the usual FE), but I have read reports that no such problems arise with Michelins.

I know someone in our forum who upgraded to 195/65s (not recommended), and is extremely happy with them too!


Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdbsd View Post
Thanks for your passionate response. I have immensely enjoyed your previous threads, and I am thrilled to have received a one-on-one guidance like this. I will keep the stock ones for now. Will bug you after my 10k kms milestone.
You are most welcome. I am always available for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdbsd View Post
I have started idling up to one minute, and rpms stabilized within a short time. Great suggestion. Results were immediate. Everything seems normal to me now. So far, so good.
Great! Glad to hear. It also helps in lengthening the life of the engine. Idling doesn't sound important but trust me, it's very important for a car engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdbsd View Post
All your suggestions noted. Your responses should be included in Honda manual!
I hope this thread is as good as the official manual!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdbsd View Post
How do you know so many things?!
When you live with your car for a while, you tend to know things. With passing time, you will, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdbsd View Post
Can you please elaborate? I find this input interesting. I thought Nitrogen was lighter, and results less heat and increases FE.
Most of the nitrogen-filling stations don't supply your tyres with 100% (or even 99%) nitrogen. Ask them and they will ham and haw a figure between 85%-90%. Remember that normal air is 78% nitrogen. So basically, they are pumping in almost normal air at your extra rupees.

Another must-read thread here (read GTO's response first, then go through it from the beginning) :- http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2040012 (Inflating tyres with dry nitrogen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdbsd View Post
Oh! Absolutely. I wouldn't have bought the car otherwise. I agree with you line-to-line here. My rant was only about Honda missing an opportunity to take the package perfection close to 100% from 99%. I love every aspect of the car and I am lucky to be owning one and driving one. Guess we are all! I admire your passion and your efforts in calming an anxious new Honda owner. Have a nice day.
Don't worry. You have taken a very wise decision, and you won't regret it one bit in the years to come. Enjoy your steed, and see it bring smiles to your face day in and day out.

Drive safe, my friend!
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2013, 21:30   #247
BHPian
 
srinivaspai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: mangalore
Posts: 72
Thanked: 22 Times
Default re: 2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!

Hi,
does anybody have any experience of upgrading their fog lamp bulb?is there any bulb similar to Philips extreme vision for headlamps?made to give extra brightness for fogs in Honda?H11 55 w is what is given in the owners manual.
srinivaspai is offline  
Old 2nd September 2013, 12:44   #248
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 323
Thanked: 209 Times
Default re: 2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!

RavenAvi + Other Honda Gurus, one more question. My V AT does not auto-lock after engaging the ignition. I find this very strange. The manual says AT models can be programmed. BTW, I have a big gripe with City's manual. The car's layout in it is inverted. Presumably, lifted straight out of other countries. Seems like a generic manual. The character '*' is used to indicate either something is available or not available. Coming back to the question, have any one of you "programmed" this feature? Can the car be programmed to lock after reaching a certain speed? If not, whats the alternative?

Also, the car does not upshift while climbing an incline, even after reaching a sufficient speed. When I try to use the paddle shift to explicitly upshift, it blinks and quickly comes back to 2nd gear. Slightly disconcerting. At this point of time, I think using paddle shifts is too much of an effort. Request you to please share your inputs or experiences here.
bsdbsd is offline  
Old 2nd September 2013, 20:47   #249
Distinguished - BHPian
 
libranof1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: All over!
Posts: 3,742
Thanked: 2,871 Times
Default re: 2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdbsd View Post
RavenAvi + Other Honda Gurus, one more question. My V AT does not auto-lock after engaging the ignition. I find this very strange. The manual says AT models can be programmed. BTW, I have a big gripe with City's manual. The car's layout in it is inverted. Presumably, lifted straight out of other countries. Seems like a generic manual. The character '*' is used to indicate either something is available or not available. Coming back to the question, have any one of you "programmed" this feature? Can the car be programmed to lock after reaching a certain speed? If not, whats the alternative?
The manual is shared across all countries where the current gen. City is sold; so many things are redundant for the Indian market.

In fact for the '08 City, if you see the dashboard closely, you'll find provision for cruise control; although that version doesn't have it.

The Indian City does not have the auto-lock feature; to get that, you'd have to install a 3rd party central-locking system.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 2nd September 2013 at 20:48.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2013, 18:09   #250
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 323
Thanked: 209 Times
Default re: 2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!

I just met the Honda guys in my office, and he mentioned that Honda Fit is getting launched very soon. 5+2 seating and 10-13L price range. Current Honda City is getting discontinued. Those who can wait, please wait and see how the Honda game unfolds. Please forward this to all, for whom this information may be useful.
bsdbsd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2013, 16:42   #251
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 323
Thanked: 209 Times
Default re: 2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!

All, My first service is coming up soon. Please let me know what should be done during the first service. Should I get the engine oil changed? If yes, how much would it cost? What are the typical costs of Honda City service for 1st, 2nd and 3rd visits (assuming no parts getting replaced)? Thanks in advance!
bsdbsd is offline  
Old 11th September 2013, 18:37   #252
Senior - BHPian
 
Sn1p3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,019
Thanked: 224 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdbsd View Post
All, My first service is coming up soon. Please let me know what should be done during the first service. Should I get the engine oil changed? If yes, how much would it cost? What are the typical costs of Honda City service for 1st, 2nd and 3rd visits (assuming no parts getting replaced)? Thanks in advance!
Zero nada bupkis
I did not change the oil, it's too early.
Sn1p3r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 15:51   #253
Distinguished - BHPian
 
RavenAvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Flying Around
Posts: 5,373
Thanked: 28,333 Times
Default re: 2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivaspai View Post
Hi,
does anybody have any experience of upgrading their fog lamp bulb?is there any bulb similar to Philips extreme vision for headlamps?made to give extra brightness for fogs in Honda?H11 55 w is what is given in the owners manual.
It's on my to-do list. Osram Night Breaker Plus Fog Lights come in 12V/55W specs. It's a direct fit as well.

http://www.powerbulbs.com/product/os...plus-h11-bulbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdbsd View Post
Also, the car does not upshift while climbing an incline, even after reaching a sufficient speed. When I try to use the paddle shift to explicitly upshift, it blinks and quickly comes back to 2nd gear. Slightly disconcerting. At this point of time, I think using paddle shifts is too much of an effort. Request you to please share your inputs or experiences here.
My friend libranof1987 already answered your first query. As for the upshifting at an incline, I think the AT gears are tuned to shift at certain speeds/RPMs so unless you slow down considerably while tackling the inclines, it won't upshift by itself. Make sure you have slowed down while going into a lower gear. I think this is done deliberately by Honda so that the gearbox does not suffer any undue damage or wear-and-tear.

Other City AT gurus might advise better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdbsd View Post
I just met the Honda guys in my office, and he mentioned that Honda Fit is getting launched very soon. 5+2 seating and 10-13L price range. Current Honda City is getting discontinued. Those who can wait, please wait and see how the Honda game unfolds. Please forward this to all, for whom this information may be useful.
Excellent news, but the price seems to be very steep! I don't think it will find many takers at that price range, now that the Amaze is doing so well. There is a slim window between the Amaze and the City, and I think this is where Honda will price the Fit/Jazz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdbsd View Post
All, My first service is coming up soon. Please let me know what should be done during the first service. Should I get the engine oil changed? If yes, how much would it cost? What are the typical costs of Honda City service for 1st, 2nd and 3rd visits (assuming no parts getting replaced)? Thanks in advance!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Zero nada bupkis
I did not change the oil, it's too early.
What Sn1p3r said. You don't need to change your engine oil at the first service at all, if the car has not covered at least 5000 kms.

Cost for first service is absolutely ZERO. It's just checking, washing and handing back. If you have any specific issues with your car, you can tell them to fix it. Otherwise, it's a negligible service. All free services are pretty much zero-billed, unless there's engine oil change involved.

Mineral oil needs a change every 5000 kms, and synthetic oil changing is at 10,000-km intervals. It is advisable to stick to mineral oil for the car's first 20,000 kms so that the engine beds in nicely. After that you can switch to synthetic oil. Mind you, synthetic oil costs at least 3-4 times more than mineral oil, so unless you are a frequent traveler, it's not advisable. Stick to mineral if your commuting is largely within the city.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 12th September 2013 at 15:53.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 11:00   #254
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 323
Thanked: 209 Times
Default re: 2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!

^^. Once again, many thanks for these inputs and suggestions! I have noted them all. I will stick to the stock specs for now.

You are right, the Fit prices mentioned by the Honda guys are way off. I have learned not to believe them anymore. May be its a repackaged Jazz.

Regarding AT up/downshifting, learning things slowly. Lifting the foot from the gas pedal is a wonderful advise.

Because of stress of driving in Bangalore (with the new Honda city), I am back to my good old Santro AT. I am now ruling the roads..hehe.

Thanks again to you, Sniper and Libran. Have a nice day guys.
bsdbsd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2013, 23:49   #255
Distinguished - BHPian
 
RavenAvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Flying Around
Posts: 5,373
Thanked: 28,333 Times
Default re: 2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!

It was Vijaya Dashami day a week back, and the yearly ritual of worshiping the Mother Goddess and getting all the vehicles of the house blessed by Her was completed.

Pegasus got a nice, long wash, got all his alloys and body all shined up and I was just starting on polishing when Dad waved me off, saying it was time for the puja/ritual. So, there I stood as a mute spectator, eagerly taking the pictures, while the 2-wheelers and 4-wheelers lined up in reverence to the Mother Goddess with their heads lowered in respect, while She blessed each one of them in turn.


Look at the number of lemons (nimbus) for all our vehicles!! Dad lining up the toolkits of both cars on the right.

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-20131013_123740.jpg


The i-VTEC getting blessed and purified in the name of the Mother Goddess.

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-20131013_130906.jpg


Lemons placed under each wheel of Pegasus.

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-20131013_130945.jpg


Sophistication meets ritualism. The "H" badge decked with nimbus/mirchis (lemons/green chillies) to ward off the evil eye.

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-20131013_134152.jpg


The sacred "bondhano" (or "bandhan", or knot) tied in the name of the Mother Goddess for her blessings and protection.

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-20131013_134203.jpg


The ritual is complete. All of them are purified and blessed, raring to go until next year's Dashami.

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-20131013_134245.jpg


All that remained was to squish the lemons under the wheels, and drive them forward, one by one, back into the garage.

It's a tradition followed from as long as I can remember, from the days when I was a toddler and Dad owned a humble Jawa in the late-70s. He once told me that it was passed on to him by his Dad and grand-Dad. Even the cycles of our family have gone through this traditional ritual every year on Vijaya Dashami day.


Pegasus continues it's trouble-free existence in my life, raking up the kilometers. He's nearing the 8500-km mark and purrs to life as smoothly as a kitten whenever he's cranked up, eager to crunch the miles ahead.

I am following the idling rule religiously these days and let him idle upon startup until the cold ("C") icon on the dash goes off, while I do the Bluetooth pairing, sliding down of windows, check the song(s) playing, etc. The initial RPM revving is around 1200-1300, which slowly comes down to 1000 (and stays there) by the time the "C" icon goes off. As for the idling RPM to become stationary, it comes further down and settles at a steady 800. That's the signal to start moving your car.

(Mind you guys, idling is very important. Make sure you follow this rule as well. It takes only a minute at startup.)


In-between, about a month back, some very smart person (or kid) thought that Pegasus's bonnet was looking too clean, and did this :-

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-20130910_144221.jpg

What's more, they ensured they stretched those scratches (done by pebbles, would be my best guess) right over the wheel arch, across the front passenger door and rear door of that side, right to under the fuel lid just over the rear wheel arch.

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-20130910_144311.jpg

I tried to polish it and rub it with wax but it wouldn't go. Guess it needs a detailed paint job. The ones on the bonnet/under fuel lid are the deepest, and I can see paint chipped off on both those places. The 10,000-km service schedule just acquired a new, time-consuming job at the A.S.S. center. Hopefully it shouldn't be as bad as it looks.

The problem of the driver door window has returned. Sliding down is a breeze, but when rolling up, it's very slow progress the first time up, and in subsequent times the glass just refuses to go up, and the power window button has to be tapped a number of times (sometimes pulling the glass up forcibly, together with the button pushing, helps). I am beginning to wonder if it's just a problem of the dust around me, or if the driver door power window mechanism has an inherent defect in it. Will get it checked thoroughly the next time I visit the A.S.S. center.


FE stands at a healthy 13.3 kmpl as per the ODO, inside the city. With AC on all the time the car is moving, it's a superb figure!

Catch you all with the next update, which should hopefully be in December with the 10,000-km mark and the paid service details.

Ciao till then!

Last edited by RavenAvi : 8th December 2013 at 21:17.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Silver Steed - 2011 Maruti SX4 ZXi. EDIT: Now sold abirnale Long-Term Ownership Reviews 69 1st February 2016 11:23
2014 Honda City VMT i-DTEC - The Golden Brown Royal Eminence. EDIT: Now sold! RavenAvi Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 250 29th January 2016 19:23
Honda City : Living with the Power of Dreams. Report @ 75,000 kms. EDIT: Now Sold cityvic Long-Term Ownership Reviews 73 15th June 2015 19:12
2012 Maruti Ritz VDI - Our new family workhorse! **EDIT: Now sold!** RavenAvi Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 123 26th February 2014 15:36
Our 2011 Silver Honda City (ANHC) VAT: A journey from Dreams to Reality Bh.P Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 32 6th April 2012 19:53


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:51.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks