Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2012, 11:31   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
PlatzdaTurbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,304
Thanked: 314 Times
Default Re: [BMW 320d Dynamic] Buying and initial ownership experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
>>>



P. S. : Is the F30 320d a lesser driver's car due to its electric steering instead of the earlier hydraulic steering?

Regards
That & i suspect the softening of the suspension.
In line with the comfortable BMW wants of a confused customer who does not know what to pick of the Teutons BMW are probably giving themselves a better chance of pulling that odd customer to them by making their cars less hardcore.
I understand its sad for all core BMW lovers but unfortunately that seems to be the trend. First the f10 and now this.
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2012, 11:51   #32
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 33
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: [BMW 320d Dynamic] Buying and initial ownership experience

Here are some of the interiors shot. I've tried to cover most of it, let me know if any of you require a closer shot of something specific

cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
[BMW 320d Dynamic] Buying and initial ownership experience-interiorpic01.jpg  

[BMW 320d Dynamic] Buying and initial ownership experience-interiorpic02.jpg  

[BMW 320d Dynamic] Buying and initial ownership experience-interiorpic03.jpg  

[BMW 320d Dynamic] Buying and initial ownership experience-interiorpic04.jpg  

[BMW 320d Dynamic] Buying and initial ownership experience-interiorpic05.jpg  

[BMW 320d Dynamic] Buying and initial ownership experience-interiorpic06.jpg  

[BMW 320d Dynamic] Buying and initial ownership experience-interiorpic07.jpg  

[BMW 320d Dynamic] Buying and initial ownership experience-interiorpic10.jpg  

[BMW 320d Dynamic] Buying and initial ownership experience-interiorpic13.jpg  

[BMW 320d Dynamic] Buying and initial ownership experience-interiorpic12.jpg  

dreamtheater39 is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2012, 17:34   #33
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 51
Thanked: 124 Times
Default Re: [BMW 320d Dynamic] Buying and initial ownership experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishek2222 View Post
Nice to hear!, what do you actually do.
Hi abhishek2222,
I take care of problem solving and reliability testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
>>>

Lakshman1645,

That's a little sad to hear. It sort of implies that BMW is taking its eyes off its core supporters - those who love a BMW for being a BMW, and starts catering to a more dispersed clientele ( undoubtedly affluent and getting more so in India and in China) who prefer comfort perhaps over the driving experience.

It will be sad day if there are no 'driver's cars' from BMW at the entry level. Please bear in mind that Bimmers at higher displacements (3000 cc and above and with the legendary in line sixes, naturally aspirated of course) may be out of bounds for most of us because of the prices obtaining in our country.

P. S. : Is the F30 320d a lesser driver's car due to its electric steering instead of the earlier hydraulic steering?

Regards
Issigonis,

I agree with you 100% and feel the same way. But like you said, the majority of Indian customers only want comfort. In their eyes, stiff suspension is bad suspension. There were a massive number of customers who complained about the aggressively harsh ride of the 3 series after sales began in 2007. The low profile tyres on the higher end variants only made things worse thanks to our roads. Hence a "bad road package" suspension set up was given from 2008.

Similarly, the hydraulic power steering was criticized by almost every E90 customer. This was why electronic power steering was introduced about a year ago. Dreamtheatre's car will have electronic power steering or EPS.

These are some of the factors which shape the next generation vehicle depending on the country it will be launched in.

I really wish our roads were better.
Lakshman1645 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2012, 21:36   #34
BHPian
 
LP640's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Munich
Posts: 97
Thanked: 41 Times
Default Re: [BMW 320d Dynamic] Buying and initial ownership experience

woah! BMW is "THE" drivers car! And India wants chauffered BMW. We need a trade off. And obviously the chauffered BMW is much more in demand! BMW India should now offer hydraulic steering and Stiff Suspension as "Good Brain Package"!!

Again cannot only sell "drivers cars" as entusiast drivers are too less to do business at 25-30L bracket! Looks like my next upgrade should by used 2007 E90!
LP640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2012, 23:03   #35
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 33
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: [BMW 320d Dynamic] Buying and initial ownership experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP640 View Post
woah! BMW is "THE" drivers car! And India wants chauffered BMW. We need a trade off. And obviously the chauffered BMW is much more in demand! BMW India should now offer hydraulic steering and Stiff Suspension as "Good Brain Package"!!

Again cannot only sell "drivers cars" as entusiast drivers are too less to do business at 25-30L bracket! Looks like my next upgrade should by used 2007 E90!
I don't really find the EPS to be a let down in any way. The steering still provides a very deceptive hydraulic-like feel to it. I have one question guys - regarding the voice control. I only seem to have commands related to the phone (dialing etc.) and don't have the other commands to navigate the menu, play audio etc.

Is there some way to enable the rest of the voice commands? Are there any other iDrive firmwares (from a different country/make) that you could flash our iDrives to enable other features?

Cheers!
dreamtheater39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2012, 00:38   #36
BHPian
 
AirbusA340's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 136
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: [BMW 320d Dynamic] Buying and initial ownership experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
That & i suspect the softening of the suspension.
In line with the comfortable BMW wants of a confused customer who does not know what to pick of the Teutons BMW are probably giving themselves a better chance of pulling that odd customer to them by making their cars less hardcore.
I understand its sad for all core BMW lovers but unfortunately that seems to be the trend. First the f10 and now this.
100% true. Have to wait and see how far it is going to go!

Nevertheless, screw the softer ones. Floor the pedal for now and keep smiling pEaCe
AirbusA340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2012, 18:36   #37
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 33
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: [BMW 320d Dynamic] Buying and initial ownership experience

I have another question - i'm wondering why my iDrive doesn't list messages, calendar items & emails like its shown on several youtube videos! My iDrive has the comm package (as what the dealer told me), so i can call & stream music - but the rest of the features are missing.

Is there something I need to enable using coding? Or is it some sort of stripped off module BMW has installed in my iDrive?
dreamtheater39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2012, 04:05   #38
BHPian
 
AirbusA340's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 136
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: [BMW 320d Dynamic] Buying and initial ownership experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamtheater39 View Post
I have another question - i'm wondering why my iDrive doesn't list messages, calendar items & emails like its shown on several youtube videos! My iDrive has the comm package (as what the dealer told me), so i can call & stream music - but the rest of the features are missing.

Is there something I need to enable using coding? Or is it some sort of stripped off module BMW has installed in my iDrive?
Hello there! Your car and the iDrive are absolutely fine. It is the mobile phone you are using that is to blame. You can visit www.bmw.com/bluetooth--> compatibility check. Unfortunately, India does not show up in the drop down menu. Select 'Australia' or something just to keep the thing moving. Select your phone and the list of functions supported are displayed.

I use an iPhone 4. Unfortunately, it does not support BMW office/displaying notes, mails etc. There seems to be some shortfall with every phone displayed in the list. Check it out.

Otherwise, the coding for OVRM fold-in etc., is wicked and probably one of the coding-specialists can make your office function work with most of the phones irrespective of what BMW has mentioned.

pEaCe!
AirbusA340 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2012, 10:44   #39
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 33
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: [BMW 320d Dynamic] Buying and initial ownership experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusA340 View Post
Hello there! Your car and the iDrive are absolutely fine. It is the mobile phone you are using that is to blame. You can visit www.bmw.com/bluetooth--> compatibility check. Unfortunately, India does not show up in the drop down menu. Select 'Australia' or something just to keep the thing moving. Select your phone and the list of functions supported are displayed.

I use an iPhone 4. Unfortunately, it does not support BMW office/displaying notes, mails etc. There seems to be some shortfall with every phone displayed in the list. Check it out.

Otherwise, the coding for OVRM fold-in etc., is wicked and probably one of the coding-specialists can make your office function work with most of the phones irrespective of what BMW has mentioned.

pEaCe!
That's just a bummer! I tried my Blackberry, Galaxy S & iPhone4 and all never showed anything apart from Contacts! I started to believe that the iDrive "Indian Edition" conveniently dropped features

After checking the site you pointed me to, it seems like the blackberry will sync calendar and tasks with an app available from appstore - will be trying that and will post back if I have any luck! Surprisingly, the iPhones and Android phones have no such luck!

cheers & thanks again - and do keep posting any tips on how I can mod my car!
dreamtheater39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2012, 15:08   #40
BHPian
 
0-100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 60
Thanked: 10 Times
Smile Re: [BMW 320d Dynamic] Buying and initial ownership experience

Many Congratulations buddy and fantastic photographs, specially the one in which speedo is showing 220. How was the feel at that speed ??
0-100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2012, 15:43   #41
BHPian
 
taranonline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: India
Posts: 279
Thanked: 105 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-100
Many Congratulations buddy and fantastic photographs, specially the one in which speedo is showing 220. How was the feel at that speed ??
That is ki-test. It can be performed to check lights and speedo stuff. Not actual speed.
taranonline is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2012, 16:33   #42
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 33
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: [BMW 320d Dynamic] Buying and initial ownership experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranonline View Post
That is ki-test. It can be performed to check lights and speedo stuff. Not actual speed.
Yep that's a KI-TEST! However, I've done a max of 210 and it feels incredible! The car is absolutely stable and can do more if the road conditions allowed me to

The reason I took this shot was to have all the indicators glowing so one could know what all really can exist on the dash in 1 pic!
dreamtheater39 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2012, 11:59   #43
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 128
Thanked: 125 Times
Default Re: [BMW 320d Dynamic] Buying and initial ownership experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamtheater39 View Post
One quick clarification, was your offer a 0% scheme? If not, what does the total interest amount come upto over the entire loan tenure?
It wasn't a 0% finance. As I stated, there was a minor finance discount adjusted in the interest rate. The interest rate was adjusted to 11% from 11.5% by way of the upfront discount. Additionally, the actual interest would be based on what downpayment one makes and the tenure - the longer the tenure, the more interest you pay - pure Maths .
elantracrdi05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2012, 22:54   #44
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bombay
Posts: 956
Thanked: 90 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshman1645

Hi abhishek2222,
I take care of problem solving and reliability testing.

Issigonis,

I agree with you 100% and feel the same way. But like you said, the majority of Indian customers only want comfort. In their eyes, stiff suspension is bad suspension. There were a massive number of customers who complained about the aggressively harsh ride of the 3 series after sales began in 2007. The low profile tyres on the higher end variants only made things worse thanks to our roads. Hence a "bad road package" suspension set up was given from 2008.

Similarly, the hydraulic power steering was criticized by almost every E90 customer. This was why electronic power steering was introduced about a year ago. Dreamtheatre's car will have electronic power steering or EPS.

These are some of the factors which shape the next generation vehicle depending on the country it will be launched in.

I really wish our roads were better.
>>>
I think our fellow countrymen will make BMW into another soft car if they are allowed to have their say. Just as we have converted a classical sport of civilised people into an excuse for illegal betting and all sorts of scams. ( My opinion).
Regards
issigonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2012, 16:39   #45
Distinguished - BHPian
 
FlyingSpur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 3,937
Thanked: 1,331 Times
Default Re: [BMW 320d Dynamic] Buying and initial ownership experience

I'm sorry, can someone please bring me up to speed with what is going on here? I see a BMW with some awesome rims, an iDrive and still no xenons. And it is called a Dynamic edition? Have they reshuffled and renamed the entire lineup of the E90?

I am so lost in the game. What happened to good old CE and Highline?
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BMW 320d CE Initial Ownership Experience and a comparison to Laura TSi Ravich Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 94 17th May 2017 16:19
2013 BMW X3 Advantage (F25, 2.0 Diesel) - Buying & Initial Ownership Experience morphin1 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 30 10th February 2017 15:35
My FIAT Grande Punto 1.2 Dynamic - Initial ownership review BigBrad Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 54 30th January 2016 00:46
[BMW 320d Dynamic] Adding rear view camera dreamtheater39 Modifications & Accessories 6 6th March 2012 15:13


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:07.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks