Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 6th April 2012, 12:08   #31
BHPian

Default Re: The diesel Caaaaar - My Nissan Sunny XL

Congratulations on your new purchase. It is a very good decision and the car is very very spacious.

Enjoy your drive.
joe1980 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 13:16   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
Congratulations on your new purchase. It is a very good decision and the car is very very spacious.

Enjoy your drive.
Thanks joe,
It indeed is the most spacious car I have been in this class and for the money you feel like a win win situation.
Yet to try and get opinion on rear center seat comfort though.
Visaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 14:33   #33
BHPian

Congratulations Visaster! Wish you many happy miles in your new possession.

Could we please have the review of your buying experience (unpleasant?) with the dealership?

Thanks!
Sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 19:23   #34
BHPian

I just don't buy into the space factor of the sunny. The rear seats lack under-thigh support. probably the space has been achieved by cutting the width of the rear bench. long distance travel will be tiresome for the passengers sitting at the rear.
InfinteLoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 20:29   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinteLoop View Post
I just don't buy into the space factor of the sunny. The rear seats lack under-thigh support. probably the space has been achieved by cutting the width of the rear bench. long distance travel will be tiresome for the passengers sitting at the rear.
The rear seats are not that great with under thigh support but still, the leg space is great. I am 5'9" and I was able to sit freely and stretch my legs without the front seats pushed all the way forward. The width of the car could have been little bit more considering the length.

I did feel the car being spacious and FYI, most of my car experiences have been with Accords/Altimas/Camrys and assorted Vans.
vivriti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2012, 10:00   #36
BHPian

Quote:
You need to compare with the cars of the same class.
I can any day bet it is the most spacious car in its class and price range.
Under thigh support - I would not say its less as any car in its class is the same, but what you get in the sunny is unlimited legroom, your knees will never touch the front seat.
Try getting into a Vento or Verna with the front seat completely pushed back.
My rear passengers >60yr are pleasantly surprised of the comfort this car has to offer on drives 250+ km.
Comfort with 3 at the back is something I need to check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivriti View Post
The rear seats are not that great with under thigh support but still, the leg space is great. I am 5'9" and I was able to sit freely and stretch my legs without the front seats pushed all the way forward. The width of the car could have been little bit more considering the length.

I did feel the car being spacious and FYI, most of my car experiences have been with Accords/Altimas/Camrys and assorted Vans.
You are right about the leg room. That's what makes this the spacious car and even the front seats leg space is huge.
When I TD the Vento I could not even get in and get out of the car easily.
I am just 6Ft.
Old 10th April 2012, 12:04   #37
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase! Wishing you a long trouble-free ownership and safe transport wherever you go. This is one of my short-listed cars as well and looking forward to a test-drive in Bangalore soon.

Is it possible for you (or other Sunny owners) to confirm the maintenance / service costs? Are not even the first few services free? That's just being mean.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2012, 12:42   #38
BHPian

Quote:
You need to compare with the cars of the same class.
I can any day bet it is the most spacious car in its class and price range.
Under thigh support - I would not say its less as any car in its class is the same, but what you get in the sunny is unlimited legroom, your knees will never touch the front seat.
Try getting into a Vento or Verna with the front seat completely pushed back.
My rear passengers >60yr are pleasantly surprised of the comfort this car has to offer on drives 250+ km.
Comfort with 3 at the back is something I need to check.
Did you check the Skoda Rapid? The leg room is better than in the Vento, its been achieved by eating into the boot space and reducing it by 50 odd liters. If you are looking the the best back seats south of the 10Lakhs range, nothing beats the Manza. the incline, thigh support, legroom of the rear bench is just perfect(putting the scary tata A.S.S aside). by the way, the Sunny is not the same class as Vento (maybe the same price range) Sunny, verito, manza, etios are C1 Segment Sedans, while the vento, rapid, linea, city are in C2 segment. Not trying to put a damper on your purchase, but this makes the Sunny an overpriced C1 segment sedan.
Old 10th April 2012, 14:29   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Did you check the Skoda Rapid? The leg room is better than in the Vento, its been achieved by eating into the boot space and reducing it by 50 odd liters. If you are looking the the best back seats south of the 10Lakhs range, nothing beats the Manza. the incline, thigh support, legroom of the rear bench is just perfect(putting the scary tata A.S.S aside). by the way, the Sunny is not the same class as Vento (maybe the same price range) Sunny, verito, manza, etios are C1 Segment Sedans, while the vento, rapid, linea, city are in C2 segment. Not trying to put a damper on your purchase, but this makes the Sunny an overpriced C1 segment sedan.
What are your parameters in classifying the Sunny into C1 segment and Vento into C2 segment?
DigitalDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2012, 15:56   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
What are your parameters in classifying the Sunny into C1 segment and Vento into C2 segment?
Vento & Sunny Classification here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/144897.jpg

or the whole deal here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-analysis.html (March 2012 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis)

Segment Classification here:
Car classification - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 10th April 2012, 16:02   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Vento & Sunny Classification here under "Segment" Column:

The whole post here :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-analysis.html (March 2012 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis)

More literature on car classification here:

Car classification - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 10th April 2012, 16:45   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Congrats on your purchase! Wishing you a long trouble-free ownership and safe transport wherever you go. This is one of my short-listed cars as well and looking forward to a test-drive in Bangalore soon.

Is it possible for you (or other Sunny owners) to confirm the maintenance / service costs? Are not even the first few services free? That's just being mean.
Thanks MadMax.
Keep the TD of this machine the last, so that you don't need to go there once more separately for the booking.
Well the maintenance will be same as any sedan. Yep no free service.
My car is yet to go for an actually service at 5000km

Quote:
Ho I missed TD the skoda rapid. So good they realized what mistake they did with the Vento. I like the way the Skoda looks and the cost difference compared to the over rated Vento.

No way I will ever go for a TATA/Mahindra.
I own an indica for the past 6 yrs and I know what TATA stands for.
People do tell me Manza is spacious, but its still a TATA no comparisons with a Nissan please.

C1/ C2 it does not make a difference to me.
According to me Sunny out performed Vento, Rapid, and Verna in things I was looking for, so I bought the car.
Old 10th April 2012, 16:52   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Well, the Sunny might be classified as C1 here but if you check its features, it offers not what most C2 sedans offer but much more.

To illustrate, even base version of Sunny (XE in Petrol, XL in Diesel) come with Airbags, ABS, EBD none of which are there in the base variants of Vento / Rapid / Linea (dont recall exact specs of Linea but dont recall these features - only Emotion / Emotion pack has these features)

likewise, Sunny XL (mid variant) offers Auto Climate Control (ACC), dual air bags which are not available in the mid variant of the Rapid. Vento did not have a mid variant till now. Even the top variant of the City does not have ACC.

So based on these, I guess it is unfair to classify the Sunny as C1 - none of the other C1 sedans (Etios, Verito, Manza, Dzire) offer all of the below in the same variant

- Dual airbags
- ABS & EBD
- Auto Climate Control
- Rear Vents

So not sure if the classification is based on the price point or features - can someone shed light on this?
aroonanand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2012, 17:12   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Vento & Sunny Classification here under "Segment" Column:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post

So not sure if the classification is based on the price point or features - can someone shed light on this?
I think the C1/C2 segment on Team Bhp is due to pricing. The Sunny Petrol base model was launched at 5.78 L (XE) while the top end diesel XV is 8.8 L Ex Showroom. Rapid on the other hand is 6.75 for base petrol and goes to 9.2 L for top end diesel.

Logically seems to be no clear definition of what is C1,C2 etc. (Engine Capacity/Wheelbase/BHP). Its guess a blurred line and involves a lot of opinion of part of the writer.

Mods. Would like your opinion on what actually seperates C1, C2?

Infinite Loop has a point though. Manza is a fantastic product. If Suzuki/Honda/Nissan made the Manza, I would have considered it too.
AbhiJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2012, 17:17   #45
BHPian

The more I hear about the Sunny ( Nissan not Leone), I wonder what took the Jap Company so long to get their act together. Without any doubt this is a car that this country needs and deserves. I am a conservative man and dont see the point in anyone owning cars that possess excessive power and torque when all that you can do safely on our intercity highways is 120 kph.
Except for the rare blitzes I dont think our disaster ridden highways promote faster driving and for that matter neither do our pothole ridden city roads. Then why this 'Kolaveri ' for more and more BHP and Nm.
The Sunny is a safe and sensible bet. I wish the Honda City would come with a 1.3 MJD and 90 Hp. Should suit the light car to a well done T.
fiestarry is offline   Reply With Quote