Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 30th March 2012, 12:33   #61
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The Bull II (TB II) - M&M MHawk Scorpio LX 4x4

Mod Note : Please avoid any reference to alochol, direct or indirect. Read our rules carefully once again.

Thank you Anna, party due, but I didn't get the laddoos for WOLT II. This sort of cancels out each other. No? When you are next in NCR, we will celebrate.

Regarding the hub-caps, if you observe the picture closely you shall realise that the front wheel doesn't have hub caps at all. The alloys that I picked up were of 4x2 SLX, hence the front hub-caps too were of the normal variety.

So this protruding 4x4 front hub with 4WD written on it look much better than if I had put the hub caps for that. In anycase I don't intend to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post

Guruji,

Congrats... party due. Was waiting to raid your pocket in Ahmedabad, looks like you're a mind reader and cancelled out.

Your front wheel-hub caps: Does it come with the black hub out, I think a while cup is available as after market. Mine comes with white hub caps, these Mhwak ones are entirely different in dia form the old ones, need to order from M&M. They are just plug in with a spring, if you hit a sidewalk or a stone hits it, its a goner. Lost rear one during the LRK run

The rat mesh thingy is pretty good, will do it up though no problems of rats now, never know when one would walk in and breath it's last inside.

Enjoy the ride.

--Ramky
======
While I can't tell you about the connections as I don't know, shall try to explain the installation procedure.

The headrests were removed and the measurements were taken by placing the monitors against it. The outline was traced and the sponge cut to a depth required for the monitor to be flush fitted.

A hole was drilled into the rear door and the camera fitted. The music system has a camera jack and the camera pin was inserted and that's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post

Very nice mods. Could you tell me how the screens in head rests and reverse camera were installed in your car. Please tell the procedure. I am planning to install reverse camera in my Safari which I purchased in December.
Thanks Kamat. Agree with every single word of yours..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrakamat View Post

gd1418 went through your thread in one go nice writeup nice car congratulations.
just like you i have been buying second hand cars just to avoid the service centre heartaches smallest of things require endless waiting and the handling of the customer and the vehicle is emotionless unlike my FNG where i can see whats going on with my car and have endless talks with the mechs gulping bottomless cups of tea.
But now you have inspired me to take the giant leap into the world of AUTHORIZED service centres i thank you for that.
btw i still prefer the safari photo in my avatar even though i sold it 3 years back.
Well Panky, am not a great acoustics fan. A simple system would have also done the same job just like a HMT watch & a Rolex show the same time. If I have to listen to quality sound, I would rather have a home theatre at home where I could listen my kind of music in peace, munching snacks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post

No ways, what you've installed is fantastic, but given the acoustics of the vehicle.. please install at least components in the front powered by an amp and yes, a sub too!
Thanks Raj and ROTFL..

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post

Hearty congratulations. LX 4WD is indeed value for money. Only thing lacking in this bull is ABS.

I did it & I am not a Punjabi. And I believed that I was in the right frame of mind!

Last edited by GTO : 2nd April 2012 at 10:18. Reason: Please avoid any reference to alochol, direct or indirect. Read our rules carefully once again.
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 31st March 2012, 03:08   #62
Senior - BHPian

Gd,

I liked the 'DRL' on the rear. Looks neat in the picture. The door pads might need an upgrade with all the valueadds the TBII is getting!
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2012, 15:12   #63
Senior - BHPian

Electric ORVMs with the switch installed with indicators; thank you Manoj for doing a neat job.

The older manually adjustable mirrors now go on The Bull.

A big thanks to Sachin (sach.sri) for helping me in getting the mirrors & the control switch from Sterling, Gurgaon. Switch mount plate has been indented and should arrive in about 10 days.

Pictures to follow very soon.
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2012, 18:31   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Electric ORVMs with the switch installed with indicators; thank you Manoj for doing a neat job.
Wow, that is a nice upgrade. If they are the electrically adjustable mirrors from M&M, I guess they are only adjustable and do not fold, right?

Do you plan to install OE fog lamps on your bumper since the LX doesn't have them?
n.devdath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2012, 19:11   #65
Senior - BHPian

Yes, they are adjustable and not foldable. At last my ever running feud with wife ends. She invariably used to change the settings when her hand used to hit the lever inadvertently and thus triggering a hot exchange of words and subsequent sulks.

And I also plan to install the OE fog lamps as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post

Wow, that is a nice upgrade. If they are the electrically adjustable mirrors from M&M, I guess they are only adjustable and do not fold, right?

Do you plan to install OE fog lamps on your bumper since the LX doesn't have them?
Old 3rd April 2012, 08:43   #66
BHPian

Congratulations, Guruji on the new acquisition! Thank you for such detailed review and report of modifications. Now that Llamrei has completed 1.5 lakh KM, seriously considering changing her for a 4X4 Scorpio. Your review has helped me firm up my views on many issues.
I will have to visit Gurgaon, see the Bull and enjoy the treat awaiting.
llamrei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2012, 12:32   #67
Senior - BHPian

Thank you so very much Sir. It shall be my pleasure to visit your place to show this vehicle accompanied with a box of sweets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamrei View Post

Congratulations, Guruji on the new acquisition! Thank you for such detailed review and report of modifications. Now that Llamrei has completed 1.5 lakh KM, seriously considering changing her for a 4X4 Scorpio. Your review has helped me firm up my views on many issues.
Old 3rd April 2012, 16:40   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Wow, that is some serious mile munching. If I recall correctly, Fox and Llamrei are of similar vintage just some 20-30 vehicles apart. Fox is at 1.25 L km now.

Quote:
Thank you so very much Sir. It shall be my pleasure to visit your place to show this vehicle accompanied with a box of sweets.
We've met at least 3 times or more since TBII arrived. Where's my Box of sweets? When do you plan to take TBII for a romp in the woods? I'll get Fox along and let's try out the 4x4 system a bit before your first service. Other 4x4 Scorp owners who are game also join in - AnupMathur, SS-Traveller? Any others? What say?

Cheers,
Roshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2012, 21:11   #69
Senior - BHPian

GD Saab, COngrats on the Bull II. I too am a fellow gurgaon wallah and a black Scorp owner. Mine is an SLE. Any thoughts on Sterling as an ASC- do you have any experiece with them? or any other garage you recommend in GGN for the Scorp servicing.
himanshugoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2012, 21:54   #70
Senior - BHPian

When I come to your place for that freshly brewed Coorg coffee, shall carry the box....

I'm ready whenever you are. Saturday suits me the best. Am generally free till the 10th. On 8th might go to Sariska with wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshun View Post

We've met at least 3 times or more since TBII arrived. Where's my Box of sweets?

When do you plan to take TBII for a romp in the woods? I'll get Fox along and let's try out the 4x4 system a bit before your first service. Other 4x4 Scorp owners who are game also join in - AnupMathur, SS-Traveller? Any others? What say?

Cheers,
Thanks Himanshu. To be honest, I've no experience of ASCs. This shall be a first when I hit 5K Kms or experience a snag. Even then might not go to Sterling. It would be Koncept, NOIDA.

I go to Rakesh Motors, Near Atul kataria Chowk, Sheetla Mata Road, Gurgaon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post

GD Saab, COngrats on the Bull II. I too am a fellow gurgaon wallah and a black Scorp owner. Mine is an SLE. Any thoughts on Sterling as an ASC- do you have any experiece with them? or any other garage you recommend in GGN for the Scorp servicing.
With reference to my post #: 63 of 1st April, regarding the installation of the electric ORVMs with indicators, here are the pictures.

Indicator strip

The Bull II (TB II) - M&M MHawk Scorpio LX 4x4-mirrindi.jpg <br /> <b>Indicator lit</b><br /> <br /> <a href=The Bull II (TB II) - M&M MHawk Scorpio LX 4x4-mirrindion.jpg <br /> <b>ORVM Control switch</b><br /> <br /> <a href=The Bull II (TB II) - M&M MHawk Scorpio LX 4x4-cntrlswitch.jpg <br />
Waiting for the plate to arrive....!</div>   <div style=

Last edited by gd1418 : 3rd April 2012 at 21:55.
gd1418 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2012, 22:05   #71
Senior - BHPian

thanks GD Saab. I went to Koncept in Okhla and it was a decent experience, The one thing i liked was that they have opened a seperate facility exclusively for Scorpio M-hawks and XUVs, so you get some decent traction there from the mechs. I am nearing my 10K service so i guess will have to go to Koncept again- the only bummer is teh distance.

hope to meet you sometime in GGN! PM me if you folks plan a meet anytime
himanshugoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2012, 08:49   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Wow, that is some serious mile munching. If I recall correctly, Fox and Llamrei are of similar vintage just some 20-30 vehicles apart. Fox is at 1.25 L km now.

Where's my Box of sweets? When do you plan to take TBII for a romp in the woods? I'll get Fox along and let's try out the 4x4 system a bit before your first service. Other 4x4 Scorp owners who are game also join in - AnupMathur, SS-Traveller? Any others? What say?

Cheers,
Roshun, the box of sweets is meant strictly for outstation members. Gurgaon people just get one piece!
You are right about the mileage and vintage of our beasts. I drive a lot. The next one will certainly cover 3--40K an year since I am retired and free to travel now.
In the 4X4 meet, allow the wannabe 4X4 owners also as obervers or special invitees.
Seriously, it is a good idea to do a 4X4 meet near Delhi. Let us plan it.
llamrei is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2012, 13:33   #73
lsp
BHPian

Guruji, Many congratulations!!

Bas ek hi cheez bachi hain, switch mount plate lagwane ke alawa. Gaddi ke saamne khade hoke, ek haath bonnet pe aur dooje haath se moocho pe tao dete hue photo leni hain. Dont forget wearing black sunglasses for maximum effect and make the teeka on the forehead a little longer. :P
Please oblige.

Last edited by lsp : 4th April 2012 at 13:38.
lsp is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2012, 18:56   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... Other 4x4 Scorp owners who are game also join in - AnupMathur, SS-Traveller? Any others? What say?
In this heat? No way...
Quote:
Gurgaon people just get one piece!
Guruji promising just one piece of mithai to the Gurgaon/NCR folks sounds quite unlike him. In any case, I'm still waiting for him to drop by and deliver a box... (as well as pick up something that is of interest to him. )
Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami
I went to Koncept in Okhla and it was a decent experience...
I've stuck with Koncept Okhla since the beginning, and they haven't disappointed 95% of the times. The other 5%, I've escalated issues and they've delivered subsequently to my satisfaction. My 65k km service is now booked for Good Friday.
Quote:
...shall carry the box....
Make that two... and NOT just empty boxes!
Quote:
It would be Koncept, NOIDA.
Koncept Okhla or Koncept NOIDA are equally good - as long as one is pally with the right persons at the top...

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 4th April 2012 at 19:02.
SS-Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 12:35   #75
Senior - BHPian

A minor update - the odo reads 2350 as of today.

Last three tank-fulls gave me a mileage of 13.5+ kmpl and at one stage going uptp 14.7 kmpl. This was city & highway driving with intermittent usage of the AC.

The fourth refill a few days back has given 12.88 kmpl (total city driving) with full usage of AC.