Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2012, 13:07   #76
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 672
Thanked: 389 Times
Default Re: The Bull II (TB II) - M&M MHawk Scorpio LX 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
A minor update - the odo reads 2350 as of today.

Last three tank-fulls gave me a mileage of 13.5+ kmpl and at one stage going uptp 14.7 kmpl. This was city & highway driving with intermittent usage of the AC.

The fourth refill a few days back has given 12.88 kmpl (total city driving) with full usage of AC.
What do you do to get such huge mileage! I have never got more than 12 kmpl on my scorp :(
sach.sri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 18:00   #77
Senior - BHPian
 
hvkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,369
Thanked: 3,354 Times
Default Re: The Bull II (TB II) - M&M MHawk Scorpio LX 4x4

I qualify for that box of sweets since I am an out of town Scorpi! Congrats will follow thereafter.

Since you are going all out for some fancy accessories, may I suggest some more:
1. A Car Camera
2. A MMI Navigator
3. A inverter
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 18:15   #78
Senior - BHPian
 
gd1418's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,578
Thanked: 655 Times
Default Re: The Bull II (TB II) - M&M MHawk Scorpio LX 4x4

I talk to both my Bulls daily, share their pains & joys as that of my own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sach.sri View Post

What do you do to get such huge mileage! I have never got more than 12 kmpl on my scorp :(
Oh you do HVK and without doubt too. Regarding your suggestions about the accessories, my answers below in bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post

I qualify for that box of sweets since I am an out of town Scorpi! Congrats will follow thereafter.

Since you are going all out for some fancy accessories, may I suggest some more:

1. A Car Camera

Looking for one. The spytech model looks great but couldn't find one in London. None coming from USA.

2. A MMI Navigator

I already have a Garmin Nuvi 200 with Satnav maps

3. A inverter

I have a 300W inverter
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 19:17   #79
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,959
Thanked: 1,711 Times
Default Re: The Bull II (TB II) - M&M MHawk Scorpio LX 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Last three tank-fulls gave me a mileage of 13.5+ kmpl and at one stage going uptp 14.7 kmpl. This was city & highway driving with intermittent usage of the AC.

The fourth refill a few days back has given 12.88 kmpl (total city driving) with full usage of AC.
That is some amazing FE you manage to extract from the Bull. I m driving to Singrauli on the 19th and will closely observe how much Hariya drinks though I m sure it will be more than what your MHawk is. Can you tell us at what speeds/rpm do you shift gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
I qualify for that box of sweets since I am an out of town Scorpi! Congrats will follow thereafter.
Me too, and if the quantity of sweets is proportional to the distance, then I qualify for double the amount Kumar does.
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2012, 16:27   #80
Senior - BHPian
 
gd1418's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,578
Thanked: 655 Times
Default Re: The Bull II (TB II) - M&M MHawk Scorpio LX 4x4

Thanks Dev...

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post

That is some amazing FE you manage to extract from the Bull.
I don't see the speedo/rpm meter while changing gears and have never. The gears are changed by hearing the engine sound. The ear plays a great role here and has done so always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post

Can you tell us at what speeds/rpm do you shift gears?


Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post

Me too, and if the quantity of sweets is proportional to the distance, then I qualify for double the amount Kumar does.
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2012, 16:51   #81
Senior - BHPian
 
gd1418's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,578
Thanked: 655 Times
Default Re: The Bull II (TB II) - M&M MHawk Scorpio LX 4x4

Seat covers

Deepak Batra decided the quality & colour of the seat covers for TB II. They are being installed as of now. Shall go in the evening to collect the vehicle.

A sneak preview of the seat cover

The Bull II (TB II) - M&M MHawk Scorpio LX 4x4-seatcvr.jpg

More pictures later after the installation is over.
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2012, 17:18   #82
Senior - BHPian
 
ramkya1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Palakkad, Keral
Posts: 1,817
Thanked: 362 Times
Arrow Re: The Bull II (TB II) - M&M MHawk Scorpio LX 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
A minor update - the odo reads 2350 as of today.

Last three tank-fulls gave me a mileage of 13.5+ kmpl and at one stage going uptp 14.7 kmpl. This was city & highway driving with intermittent usage of the AC.

The fourth refill a few days back has given 12.88 kmpl (total city driving) with full usage of AC.
14.7!!! You have a genie inside the bonnet. I get between 12 - 12.5, spirited driving, A/C all the time.

--Ramky
======
ramkya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2012, 17:27   #83
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,959
Thanked: 1,711 Times
Default Re: The Bull II (TB II) - M&M MHawk Scorpio LX 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
A sneak preview of the seat cover

Attachment 912333
What material are these? Since they have the Scorpio logo on them, I feel they are made of rexine or art leather which might tend to get pretty hot, given their color and texture in Delhi summers.

Looking forward to your experience and cost once you have paid Deepak.
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2012, 17:39   #84
Senior - BHPian
 
gd1418's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,578
Thanked: 655 Times
Default Re: The Bull II (TB II) - M&M MHawk Scorpio LX 4x4

The material is PU. Same material that was used on The Bull but more better. Yes, because of the colour it does get hot in summers but not because of the texture.

If The Bull was standing in the Sun, then the seat would become quite hot, but if parked in shade, it would be ok. So I guess the experience with TB II should also be the same..

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post

What material are these? Since they have the Scorpio logo on them, I feel they are made of rexine or art leather which might tend to get pretty hot, given their color and texture in Delhi summers.

Looking forward to your experience and cost once you have paid Deepak.
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2012, 11:57   #85
Senior - BHPian
 
gd1418's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,578
Thanked: 655 Times
Default Re: The Bull II (TB II) - M&M MHawk Scorpio LX 4x4

Got two news related to TB II, one good and the another bad.

First the bad news:

My earlier Bull's registration number is 4042 and I had wanted the same digits for TB II also. Waited almost a month for the start of a new series by the RTO. The number 4042 in the new series was taken away by someone by paying a premium that I was not willing to pay since I thought that this number wasn't a unique number. So, will have to settle with whatever number the RTO now allots. Feeling very disappointed and angry.

Now the good news:

My friend Sachin informed me that the Switch plate for the powered ORVMs has arrived at Sterling, Gurgaon and I could go and pick it up whenever.
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2012, 18:16   #86
Senior - BHPian
 
gd1418's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,578
Thanked: 655 Times
Default Re: The Bull II (TB II) - M&M MHawk Scorpio LX 4x4

Registration number allotted. The consolation is that the last two digits are same as that of The Bull's.

RC will be given on 30th April, 2012.

Name:  RCslip.jpg
Views: 1780
Size:  62.9 KB

The switch plate for the ORVMs was fitted and the switch fixed. Fog lights (OEM from Lumax) were also installed yesterday. Pictures shall follow in due course.

Mileage update:

The fifth refill yesterday has given 13.16 kmpl (total city driving) with full usage of AC.

Last edited by gd1418 : 14th April 2012 at 18:22.
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2012, 19:24   #87
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,959
Thanked: 1,711 Times
Default Re: The Bull II (TB II) - M&M MHawk Scorpio LX 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Registration number allotted. The consolation is that the last two digits are same as that of The Bull's.
Which is the case with Don and Hariya as well. The last two digits are the same, though I didn't ask for them.

Is the GGN RC a high tech plastic card or the old book type?

And of course, your FE figures continue to make the likes of me jealous. Are you sure your odo is correct? Or is your fuel pump owner your friend?
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 11:37   #88
Senior - BHPian
 
gd1418's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,578
Thanked: 655 Times
Default Re: The Bull II (TB II) - M&M MHawk Scorpio LX 4x4

The GGN RC is neither. It is printed on a thick paper and handed over. One has to get it laminated later for protection.

Actually the FE figures are baffling to me as well. The sppedo/odo has the usual error common to all vehicles with analog meters. I checked with the GPS and found that the speedo reads 100kmph whereas the GPS shows it as 97kmph.

I wish I had a fuel pump owner as a friend..

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post

Is the GGN RC a high tech plastic card or the old book type?

And of course, your FE figures continue to make the likes of me jealous. Are you sure your odo is correct? Or is your fuel pump owner your friend?
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 15:31   #89
BHPian
 
Roshun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 147
Thanked: 24 Times
Default Re: The Bull II (TB II) - M&M MHawk Scorpio LX 4x4

BCG, quickly tie an old slipper to TB II. The fuel economy figures you're getting are just fantastic for a Scorpio. Enjoy maadi!
The speedometer error is 3 kmph for me as well. I learned it during a "Women's car rally" (don't ask) a couple of years ago where we took a wrong turn a couple of kilometers earlier because of my calculation based on odometer vs tulip chart (which had been chalked out using GPS distances).

Cheers,
Roshun is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 20:58   #90
Senior - BHPian
 
gd1418's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,578
Thanked: 655 Times
Default Re: The Bull II (TB II) - M&M MHawk Scorpio LX 4x4

Thanks Rosh for the advice; a worn out shoe would be a better option IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshun View Post

BCG, quickly tie an old slipper to TB II. The fuel economy figures you're getting are just fantastic for a Scorpio. Enjoy maadi!

The speedometer error is 3 kmph for me as well. I learned it during a "Women's car rally" (don't ask) a couple of years ago where we took a wrong turn a couple of kilometers earlier because of my calculation based on odometer vs tulip chart (which had been chalked out using GPS distances).

Cheers,
Attaching a few pictures that were pending. With this I think I'm through with the mods etc. Today the odo read 3000 + kms. I've got another 2K mms to go before TB II goes for its first free service at 5K kms.

Control switch for the powered ORVMs - installed

Beggars can't be choosers. Sterling gave me the plate but didn't give the lock-plate or tell me about it on which the switch is mounted. So, Manoj had to fabricate one, hence the installation looks crude. Till I find the complete set, I guess I'll have to live with it.

The Bull II (TB II) - M&M MHawk Scorpio LX 4x4-6162.jpg

Fog lamps

OEM Lumax fog lamps with OSRAM 35W H3 bulbs came for Rs.1780/- a pair from Sagar Motors, Gurgaon.

The Bull II (TB II) - M&M MHawk Scorpio LX 4x4-6167.jpg

Fog Lamps switched on

The Bull II (TB II) - M&M MHawk Scorpio LX 4x4-6165.jpg

The Bull II (TB II) - M&M MHawk Scorpio LX 4x4-6163.jpg

The heart of TB II

The Bull II (TB II) - M&M MHawk Scorpio LX 4x4-6168.jpg

The Bull II (TB II) - M&M MHawk Scorpio LX 4x4-6170.jpg

The Bull II (TB II) - M&M MHawk Scorpio LX 4x4-6171.jpg

Last edited by gd1418 : 16th April 2012 at 21:00.
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scorpio Mhawk BS4 VLX Automatic 4x4 with Airbag mbhangui Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 33 13th December 2014 19:52
Scorpio 2.2 Mhawk in exchange for Scorpio 2.6? coolboy007 SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 31 28th September 2011 12:27
Sarge - The Scorpio MHawk VLX 4x4 with Airbags NFS Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 63 2nd May 2011 14:27
My new Scorpio VLX mHawk bull was Booked. Now Delivered agbenny Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 48 20th August 2009 22:02
Old Scorpio Mhawk>>> New Scorpio Mhawk rishin.kalra SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 9 21st July 2009 15:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:30.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks