Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd April 2012, 11:31   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Hira - My Mahindra Scorpio 2.2 MHawk SLE (8 Seater)

Hearty congratulation buddy. I am sure Hira will serve you pretty well. White is the best colour for a scorpio. mHawk is the best thing that could have ever happened to the Scorpio. Every time I drive the mHawk, it just amazes me.

You are right, the newer Scorpios are lighter than the older ones.

Are you planning for alloys?

You must be aware that I sold my mHawk. Your post reminded me of my good old days! I have always maintained that the front seats of the Scorpio is the best!
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2012, 12:55   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hey congrats on your new purchase. Wishing you many happy miles in your HIRA.

Any plans for mods-alloys may be?
Also what was your disaster with your previous Scorpio Dx?
ashis89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2012, 12:39   #18
BHPian

Here comes one more pic of my HIRA taken in Valparai forest. More pics are on the way -
My thanks to Photograhers and their weapon (Camera) -
1) Nagesh Holla - Nikon D60
2) Vijay Prathap Mohan - Canon 60D
3) Karthik.S.R - Canon PS SX100 IS

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Are you planning for alloys?
Hey Raj Iam planning for Alloys during tyre upgrades to Yoko, once my Wanderers wear off.
Attached Thumbnails
Hira - My Mahindra Scorpio 2.2 MHawk SLE (8 Seater)-scorpio1.1.jpg  

Last edited by benbsb29 : 4th April 2012 at 19:14. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Plz use the Multi quote button to reply to more than one post at a time.
Bhargava_sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 15:33   #19
BHPian

My Hira has successfully run 5000 kms now.

Got the First Service done from Sireesh Auto, Bangalore.

Complaints reported during the service -
1) Vibration noise from the Instrument Cluster
2) Clutch becomes harder sometimes in traffic conditions (IF half clutch is engaged for a long time)

Works done as part of First Service -
1) Engine oil replacement (Maximile Crown 15W-40)
2) Engine Oil Filter Replacement
3) Rear Differential Oil replacement
4) Practical Filter Lubrication (AC Air Filter)
5) Clutch play adjusted and replaced the Clutch ORUM under warranty.
Got to know from the Service Advisor that new stick of Mhawks are coming with a better quality of Clutch ORUM's. Hence replaced with the latest one.

Total Service Cost was Rs 2835.

After the Service felt then engine is much more smoother to drive and Clutch is smoother than before.

Sireesh has done a very neat job. Vehicle was delivered within the committed time.
Old 14th May 2012, 22:45   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhargava_sr View Post
Got the First Service done from Sireesh Auto, Bangalore.

Complaints reported during the service -
1) Vibration noise from the Instrument Cluster
2) Clutch becomes harder sometimes in traffic conditions (IF half clutch is engaged for a long time)
Which branch of Sireesh Auto did you get the service done at?
Was anything done about the vibration from the instrument cluster which you had complained about?

Also, was the clutch really a problem?
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 21:43   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Which branch of Sireesh Auto did you get the service done at?
Was anything done about the vibration from the instrument cluster which you had complained about?

Also, was the clutch really a problem?
1) I got it serviced from Silkboard branch.

2) For the vibration in the Instrument panel glass, they said that the unit was opened and given some additional packing - Now after the service there is no vibration.

3) There was/is no problem with the clutch, i felt it was little bit hard to push. I have heard from
other Mhawk owners that this type of Clutch behaviour is normal till the first service and it should get smooth as it runs. In my case I raised it as a complaint, luckily the tech told me that the ORUM has been replaced. Its a new type of Clutch ORUM coming in new stock of Mhawks. Well again the
hardness is not all the time, i felt only during some traffic conditions. Now i feel that its behaving
normal.
Old 30th May 2012, 10:29   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1)
2) For the vibration in the Instrument panel glass, they said that the unit was opened and given some additional packing - Now after the service there is no vibration.
No rocket science here pal, clearly a case of misfit with the front panel of the odo. This front transparent panel vibrates quite a bit and I had mentioned this earlier in one of the threads. My idea was simple, got a piece of rubber beading and packed the panel myself. Worked well.

These are small things, but yeah they get the worst out of you when on a long drive. The irritating vibration I meant.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2012, 13:17   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
No rocket science here pal, clearly a case of misfit with the front panel of the odo. This front transparent panel vibrates quite a bit and I had mentioned this earlier in one of the threads. My idea was simple, got a piece of rubber beading and packed the panel myself. Worked well.
I would probably be doing the same thing on my Scorp as well. This can get irritating at times.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2012, 20:52   #24
BHPian

Hira is doing great, 7000 kms till now. There is nothing to beat the Mhawk.

Adding some more pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Hira - My Mahindra Scorpio 2.2 MHawk SLE (8 Seater)-img_2977.jpg  

Hira - My Mahindra Scorpio 2.2 MHawk SLE (8 Seater)-img_2973.jpg  

Last edited by Bhargava_sr : 6th July 2012 at 20:55.
Old 25th July 2012, 09:03   #25
BHPian

Quote:
The dream, the deliberation, the aim, the ambition was A Diamond White New Mighty Muscular Scorpio. I lived for almost 17 months with this dream waiting for the come true moment.
Hi Bhargava, hearty congratulations although a bit late! You are a true Scorpio lover, having a dream and pursuing it with such determination. Wish you and your Scorpio all the very best!

I have the exactly the same model - Diamond White Sle, 8 seater, bought in Nov 2011.

Quote:
Immobilizer Changed the code right at the time of delivery.
Can you explain this please? I didn't understand this. I did not change any immobiliser code as I thought in the current version it did not need to be changed.
Damu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2012, 23:28   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damu View Post
Hi Bhargava, hearty congratulations although a bit late! You are a true Scorpio lover, having a dream and pursuing it with such determination. Wish you and your Scorpio all the very best!

Thanks Damu.

Can you explain this please? I didn't understand this. I did not change any immobiliser code as I thought in the current version it did not need to be changed.
To know the importance of Immobilizer, please read this post -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-stolen-6.html (Attempted Theft of Scorpio (2nd one ALMOST stolen))

I suggest you to visit the Mahindra SC and get the Immobilizer code changed.
Old 2nd October 2012, 19:49   #27

Hi..How is the bodyroll. I mean specifically when you drive it on turning roads. Also what is your view on suspension vis-a-vis say sedans.
arnetheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2012, 13:54   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the Hira, have many happy miles ahead for the future. Well the first 4 letters are same to my name

By the way since you are from Hosur you did not buy it in TN the road tax might have been less?
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2012, 14:44   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnetheus View Post
Hi..How is the bodyroll. I mean specifically when you drive it on turning roads. Also what is your view on suspension vis-a-vis say sedans.
It's a SUV pal, except some and not that you take turns/curves at 60+kmph everyday. Body roll is evident and the easiest way out is to take the turns with a light foot.

Last sunday I was driving back from Mysore and a little after Srirangapatna a Volvo B7R was right next to me. I am doing around 70 clicks on the left side of this nice curve and the B7R is overtaking me on the right lane.I can say he was doing at-least 80+ since he overtook me effortlessly. The dude held up his lane till he completed the manoeuvre without changing lanes.
Sticking to my lane I could feel the body-roll so evidently that one wrong move with the steering and the Scorpio would fishtail/topple.

Of-course I overtook him a little later on the straight roads, but I could never have done that curve above 70kmph. However good a driver you are, taking a curve with a SUV like this is calling for a disaster.
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2012, 15:10   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
It's a SUV pal, except some and not that you take turns/curves at 60+kmph everyday. Body roll is evident and the easiest way out is to take the turns with a light foot.

Thanks for the clarification. Have been a hatchback driver till date, and have been contemplating buying a SUV after going through your and others amazing posts, thus needed some viewpoints.

Since I am generally a fast driver, I believe a good sedan might be a better choice for me. Thanks again!!
arnetheus is offline   Reply With Quote