Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 12th April 2012, 01:15   #16
BHPian

Thanks! yes i was lucky with a faster delivery. Please enquire at all dealers in the city. someone might be having a shorter lead time. Someone on the forum got it in 1 day!!
[/quote]
Oh man! One day!
I have spoken to almost all the dealers in pune, but no success. Its six months minimum everywhere. Anyway will wait and see.
Congrats again, have fun.
nacd80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2012, 21:47   #17
BHPian

Default re: My Maruti Swift ZDi: 3rd service & 10,000 kms up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacd80 View Post
Oh man! One day!
I have spoken to almost all the dealers in pune, but no success. Its six months minimum everywhere. Anyway will wait and see.
Congrats again, have fun.
I hope you have made your booking already. With the Ertiga launched at rocking prices, the waiting for all diesel models will only get longer and longer.

On a side note, had my first refuelling yesterday and full tank to full tank got a mileage of 16. not great considering it included a 40% highway drive, but should get up once the first service is done.
funkyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2012, 08:09   #18
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic thread on the Swift ZDi. Hearty congratulations on the blue beast, and here's wishing you many many years of driving pleasure with the Swift! I enjoyed going through the entire story about how you booked the Jazz and then came back to the Swift.

I am replacing the ageing 2006 Swift ZXi at home (same color back then was called Metallic beam blue) with a new ZDi, which I booked in late March. Thanks to your thread, I've got inspired and finalized on the same color again - this time the color is called Torque Blue though. Your car looks absolutely smashing to say the least. On the Swift now, none of the other colors look as smashing as the T-blue. I will be following your thread closely as I approach my car's delivery date.

The waiting period for a ZDi in Bangalore is around 10 months now, which means I will get mine around the second week of January 2013. Ridiculous stuff really!

- The seating position was always a delight even in my older Swift, and its nice to know they have retained those ergonomics in the current version too.
- How good are the Yoko A-drives in terms of noise and grip? I was thinking of switching to Michelin Primacy LCs - 195/65R15s for the Swift but you seem to have gone for a reduced profile in 195/60R15.
- how good is the heat rejection in the RE series of 3M sunfilms? Are you satisfied with it?
- Also, how do you rate the OEM headlamp illumination levels? Do you recommend an upgrade to more powerful lamps?

suggestions for accessories - I would love that OEM accessory spoiler for the Swift, but that's subjective to individual likes and dislikes. Another one I can think of is a chrome exhaust tip

Last edited by KarthikK : 19th April 2012 at 08:17.
KarthikK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2012, 17:50   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
I will be following your thread closely as I approach my car's delivery date.

The waiting period for a ZDi in Bangalore is around 10 months now, which means I will get mine around the second week of January 2013. Ridiculous stuff really!

- The seating position was always a delight even in my older Swift, and its nice to know they have retained those ergonomics in the current version too.
- How good are the Yoko A-drives in terms of noise and grip? I was thinking of switching to Michelin Primacy LCs - 195/65R15s for the Swift but you seem to have gone for a reduced profile in 195/60R15.
- how good is the heat rejection in the RE series of 3M sunfilms? Are you satisfied with it?
- Also, how do you rate the OEM headlamp illumination levels? Do you recommend an upgrade to more powerful lamps?

suggestions for accessories - I would love that OEM accessory spoiler for the Swift, but that's subjective to individual likes and dislikes. Another one I can think of is a chrome exhaust tip
Thanks Karthik! I have been enjoying the car every single day. Though most of the time has been spent in bumper to bumper traffic of mumbai, its been a delight.

I love the colour too, i just hope i am able to maintain it to keep it shining as new. Will also try to keep the thread as updated as possible!

The yokos are great. I dont quiet have a benchmark to compare it with, but am fairly satisfied with it.195/65 R15 willbe about 2% off the standard 185/65 hence decided to stick to 195/60 which is also the most recommended upsize for the swift.

3M - definitely expensive, but worth the money i would say. Even in the hot sun the car doesnt get heated up and you feel comfortable. havent used garware icecool which also has good reviews on the forum at half the cost, might be more value.

Headlamps could sure do with upgrade. i am planning for the same, however will not go in for 100/90 with relays. will stick to the 60/55 standard bulbs. Have read good things about philips extreme vision, will soon go for those.

I will be going for my first service tomorrow! cant believe i have already hit 1000 kms on my new ride Anything specific i should look out for/get checked?
funkyp is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2012, 18:17   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Funky

I love the car and the colour ; but you'd need a lot of effort going to keep that gloss on(I've learnt it the hard way).

Wash n wipe twice or thrice a week would keep her looking clean.

Wax once a month is definitely required.
vigsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2012, 19:09   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Wash n wipe twice or thrice a week would keep her looking clean.

Wax once a month is definitely required.
I have got the jopasu kit and clean it everyday to keep the shine. Since you have already gone through this, any suggestion on the wax brand to be used. I will be going through the car detailing thread to get more info, but some extra advice always is good!
Old 21st April 2012, 19:42   #22
Senior - BHPian

^^ actually I used Meguiars Polymer sealant ; and it worked well for approx 8 months.

After the most recent paint touch up , we used one Yellow wax,but that did not last even a month.

any wax which does not generate powder should be fine.

I have some vintage Waxpol lying at home - thinking of using the brew and seeing how tipsy the car gets .-)
vigsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2012, 12:42   #23
BHPian

Dude congrats on getting the Swift. Lovely post man. This reminds me totally of the struggle we had. If it was petrol choice was Jazz for me also. I have the same car in the same color. Love every moment I am with it.

Interiors were the really big deciding factor for us, end of the day we will spend majority of the time looking at them. Night time it feels like you are in a cockpit.

How is the performance of the RE50. I was leaning towards 3M RE35 but finally installed Vkool T35 Economy last Saturday. The mirror finish is really lovely.
indian21r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2012, 22:03   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Dude congrats on getting the Swift. Lovely post man. This reminds me totally of the struggle we had. If it was petrol choice was Jazz for me also. I have the same car in the same color. Love every moment I am with it.

Interiors were the really big deciding factor for us, end of the day we will spend majority of the time looking at them. Night time it feels like you are in a cockpit.

How is the performance of the RE50. I was leaning towards 3M RE35 but finally installed Vkool T35 Economy last Saturday. The mirror finish is really lovely.
hey the wait had been agonizing, but i guess it was for the best. am loving the swift and yes, it was the interiors which swung it for me too.. rather for my wife when did you get your hands on ur beauty

I am extremely happy with RE50. its has that hint of metallic finish which i love. Interiors remain cool and heat very little even under direct sun. It probably the combined effect of the cr70 and re50.

i am sure vkool will be equally effective. how much did you pay for them.
Old 25th April 2012, 10:47   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
hey the wait had been agonizing, but i guess it was for the best. am loving the swift and yes, it was the interiors which swung it for me too.. rather for my wife when did you get your hands on ur beauty

I am extremely happy with RE50. its has that hint of metallic finish which i love. Interiors remain cool and heat very little even under direct sun. It probably the combined effect of the cr70 and re50.

i am sure vkool will be equally effective. how much did you pay for them.
Paid 5500 for Vkool in Hyderabad was getting RE35/50 for 4500. But somehow felt that for 1k Vkool is probably a better option. IR rejection is 60%. By the way do post some pics after the film was installed.

I also waited for exactly 5 months. I would have got delivery of torque blue within 3 months if not for a screw up from the Sales Advisor.
indian21r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2012, 21:59   #26
BHPian

there it is! my first 1000 kms on my swift

finally hit the milestone, much quicker than i had anticipated. my usual monthly usage used to be about 750 kms. with the swift, i have done 1000 in about 20 days! diesel does that to you i guess.

Anyways, got my first service done a couple of days back. Booked an appointment with Shivam Autozone and arrived on time. The experience wasnt all that great.

There was no service advisor available. It was a sunday, yes, but when you make an appointment you dont expect a waiting of over 20 mins for the advisor to come meet you.

There we no complaints, so asked for the usual checks and proper cleaning.. the car was to be delivered in 4 hrs. The advisor never called saying the car is ready.

Called myself and arrived at the workshop. the car was ready, but was not clean. lots of dust on the car. the service advisor gave the usual gyaan about the car standing outside so got dirty. He confirmed that the usual checks had been performed. Asked for a cleaning again and The car was ready to be taken.

Total cost: NIL

Overall experiences: Average. This was my first experience at M**S and has not left me delighted.

But driving out, i was all smiles as i had the car back. and i was free to revv

Been slowly upping the rev range and have hit 3.5k rpm a couple of times. I try and be in the turbo range about 2k rpm most of the times and its motoring nirvana!
funkyp is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2012, 13:49   #27
BHPian

had the first unfortunate event on the car yesterday. while driving back from work, hit the road divider sideways while trying to avoid a swaying biker

The tyre has about a 1.5 inch cut in the sidewall. i am wondering if i should convert this to a tube type tyre and use as a spare or shell out 5k to get a new tyre.
Old 30th June 2012, 12:41   #28
BHPian

Its been a while since i put up an update:

Its been almost 3 months living with the car, and it continues to delight. Have crossed 3k Kms by now, and enjoyed driving all those which were not in bumper to bumper traffic

Even in this short ownership, i have had my share of issues with the car. listing some of them with the resolutions:

1. as mentioned above, had hit a road side divider protruding, cutting the left front tyre sidewall. Finally decided against getting it repaired to use as a stepny, and got a fresh on. Set me back by 5k, but atleast i have peace of mind.

2. a couple of days post this incident, i started to hear a tic tic noise from the front. Scared that the hit might have damaged something, took it to MASS. They apparently found some issue with the axle and to test put a spare axle, and the noise was gone. Since they were out of stock, they put back my original axle, for temporary use and then replace. However, after they put it back, there was no noise!! probably something went loose somewhere. Till date (about a month since) the car is running fine.

3. The electromagnetic boot lock went kaput. luckily they had stock and replaced it under warranty. The lock was also aligned, and not closes as the slightest of push.

4.Minor scratches not adore the car. Ever sneaky bikers, notorious autos have had their role to play.

of the 3k kms done, i guess about half of it had been in bumper to bumper traffic. car rarely doing more than 2nd gear, and a commute of 8 kms taking an hour!!

I have been getting a sad mileage figure of 13 in these conditions. 80% bumper to bumper, 20% reasonably free roads. 100% ac.

anyone else been driving in these conditions? is the mileage reasonable or i need to get this checked up..
Old 30th June 2012, 15:55   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post

I have been getting a sad mileage figure of 13 in these conditions. 80% bumper to bumper, 20% reasonably free roads. 100% ac.

anyone else been driving in these conditions? is the mileage reasonable or i need to get this checked up..
Not sure if you should get it checked with MASS, but I would certainly recommend a highway/expressway trip (maybe to Pune?) to achieve better figures

Jokes apart, 13 is really bad for Swift, whatever be the extent of B2B traffic you are encountering! Even in Mumbai traffic, I get close to 15 on the Vento. IMO, Swift should give you better figures. Do a good highway drive and see if the mileage still remains the same.
ninjatalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2012, 16:17   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Not sure if you should get it checked with MASS, but I would certainly recommend a highway/expressway trip (maybe to Pune?) to achieve better figures

Jokes apart, 13 is really bad for Swift, whatever be the extent of B2B traffic you are encountering! Even in Mumbai traffic, I get close to 15 on the Vento. IMO, Swift should give you better figures. Do a good highway drive and see if the mileage still remains the same.
yes i need to get away.. mumbai is maddening. And that pune trip is also been due for long. let me plan something.

btw, mumbai traffic i am talking about includes idling for over 20 mins every day on the drive. will take it to mass after some highway drive to see how the engine behaves.