Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2013, 09:07   #181
Senior - BHPian
 
AutoIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PCMC, Pune-MH14
Posts: 3,120
Thanked: 3,818 Times
Default Re: I am in LUV literally - My Maruti Ertiga ZXI

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGP View Post
Thanks AutoIndian, I have booked Ertiga VXI without ABS. I have a planned trip to my hometown in Ahmedabad in February and I wanted to have my new car deliberately.

Today afternoon I will have my hands on my dream car, will definitely post lots of pictures with experience.Thanks,
Hi AGP, since your last post over here about you taking the delivery of your Ertiga on 29th Jan 2013, there has been no update. Hope you have got the delivery of your car & you are enjoying it.

How has been your experience with the VXi so far? As promised do post a lot of pictures. Let's not hijack Ajay's thread & you can post your experience & pictures on the Official Test Drive & Review thread of the Ertiga ---> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...review-61.html (Maruti Ertiga : Official Review).

I would be keenly following your udpates, so please do start your separate ownership thread as soon as possible.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2013, 12:50   #182
BHPian
 
parassoni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 84
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Re: I am in LUV literally - My Maruti Ertiga ZXI

Mod team note: Only 2 smilies per post please, please go through Forum rules before proceeding further.


Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh2812 View Post
I googled "rouf rails" and found the company is based in Coimbatore.
http://www.roufrails.com/
Rajesh, man can't thank you enough!!! Thanks a ton! Tried calling them, no. doesnt get thru! have filled their online contact form but not sure how often they check it!

Please let me know if you're able to get thru them! Need to check on a few things:
1. Dealer/Service netwrok or shop i Mumbai
2.Pricing(might be negotiable)
3.Any drilling/welding reqd.) as tht will make the warranties suffer)
4.Delivery timeframes, As my requirement is urgent !

thanks again! Made my monday a lot more interesting!!!:thumbs

Cheers,
Paras

Last edited by Jaggu : 4th February 2013 at 12:58. Reason: 2 smiles per post
parassoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2013, 15:18   #183
BHPian
 
parassoni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 84
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Re: I am in LUV literally - My Maruti Ertiga ZXI

Just got off the phone with the Guy, Mr.Sundaram (roufrails.com/) . He doesnt speak anything but Tamil (I don't)! But we managed in broken communication. He answered the following:
1. No Dealers/branches in Mumbai
2.Cost of the Roufrails for the Ertiga -->Rs15,500 all inclusive(fitting incl.)
3. No drilling holes needed, Clamping and tandard carrier type fitting so no warranty/leakage worries
4. Didnt understand any, but he said(i thought he did) that he might try to talk to someone about Mumbai deliveries!

But absolute first requisite to buy any of their stuff is to get a "TAMIL SPEAKER' !!
parassoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2013, 13:12   #184
AGP
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 84
Thanked: 67 Times
Default Re: I am in LUV literally - My Maruti Ertiga ZXI

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Hi AGP, since your last post over here about you taking the delivery of your Ertiga on 29th Jan 2013, there has been no update. Hope you have got the delivery of your car & you are enjoying it.

How has been your experience with the VXi so far? As promised do post a lot of pictures. Let's not hijack Ajay's thread & you can post your experience & pictures on the Official Test Drive & Review thread of the Ertiga ---> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...review-61.html (Maruti Ertiga : Official Review).

I would be keenly following your udpates, so please do start your separate ownership thread as soon as possible.
Thanks AutoIndian,

My apologies that I could not update on my new Car. Yes, I have got the delivery of my new Ertiga on 29th Jan'13 and I am really happy and proud owner. But I could hardly get time to drive in details, as I am travelling for office works. I would definitely start my experience and ownership thread shortly.

Meanwhile a few observations
1) When I took the delivery of the car, there was some petrol in it.
2) Dealer gave me 5 ltr petrol coupon. I drove the car to nearest petrol pump and did filling of only 5 ltr
3) Then I drove to my usual petrol pump and did the full tank filling up to lid (Another 45 Ltr.)

Hence total 50 Ltr petrol I filled up and there was already some amount of petrol when I took the delivery. On the specification, it is mentioend that fuel tank capacity is 45 Ltr, then how come I got to fill 50 ltr? What is the actual capacity of the tank and how much reserve available in that?

Moreover, if one has to derive the fuel consumption average, is it appropriate to consider Odometer display figure minus 2 km/l? I have seen on some of the post that actual fuel efficiency is less by 2 km/l compared to the display figure.

Regards,
AGP is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2013, 13:41   #185
BHPian
 
parassoni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 84
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Re: I am in LUV literally - My Maruti Ertiga ZXI

UPDATE ON THE ROOFRAILS FOR ERTIGA:
Language Barrier overcome! A gentleman named Suresh who spoke English and Some Hindi Called me last evening! He mentioned that they Market the concealed Ertiga carrier all over TamilNadu but nowhere else!

But he was also quick to mention that they have also shipped all materiials in the past to B'lore and can do so for Mumbai and other areas too! Assembly is standard clamping procedures and mechanic should charge a max. of Rs.300 as per Mr.Suresh from RoufRails! He also mentioned that ALL Colours are available so no more doing with ugly steel body carriers

Waiting to hear from him about specifics. Watch this space for more!
parassoni is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2013, 03:02   #186
BHPian
 
latentpotential's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: IIM, Ahmedabad
Posts: 502
Thanked: 376 Times
Default Re: I am in LUV literally - My Maruti Ertiga ZXI

Quote:
Originally Posted by parassoni View Post
UPDATE ON THE ROOFRAILS FOR ERTIGA:
Language Barrier overcome! A gentleman named Suresh who spoke English and Some Hindi Called me last evening! He mentioned that they Market the concealed Ertiga carrier all over TamilNadu but nowhere else!

But he was also quick to mention that they have also shipped all materiials in the past to B'lore and can do so for Mumbai and other areas too! Assembly is standard clamping procedures and mechanic should charge a max. of Rs.300 as per Mr.Suresh from RoufRails! He also mentioned that ALL Colours are available so no more doing with ugly steel body carriers

Waiting to hear from him about specifics. Watch this space for more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by parassoni View Post
Mod team note: Only 2 smilies per post please, please go through Forum rules before proceeding further.




Rajesh, man can't thank you enough!!! Thanks a ton! Tried calling them, no. doesnt get thru! have filled their online contact form but not sure how often they check it!

Please let me know if you're able to get thru them! Need to check on a few things:
1. Dealer/Service netwrok or shop i Mumbai
2.Pricing(might be negotiable)
3.Any drilling/welding reqd.) as tht will make the warranties suffer)
4.Delivery timeframes, As my requirement is urgent !

thanks again! Made my monday a lot more interesting!!!:thumbs

Cheers,
Paras
Can you create a seperate thread? I am interested too for a Grey set.
latentpotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2013, 00:20   #187
BHPian
 
parassoni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 84
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Re: I am in LUV literally - My Maruti Ertiga ZXI

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
Can you create a seperate thread? I am interested too for a Grey set.
Will try to do so at a later date, as there hasn't been any response from RoufRails(You can try contacting them)! Also, As i had to urgently go on a Family trip, I got an aftermarket roof carrier installed temporarily(Really Good VFM at around 3.5k from Sion koliwada)

Will go for this stylish one a little later once we know more from the guys at RoufRails about the assembly and a few reviews from fellow Ertigans!
parassoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2013, 10:55   #188
BHPian
 
KALINGA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PUNE
Posts: 695
Thanked: 254 Times
Default Re: I am in LUV literally - My Maruti Ertiga ZXI

Hello ajay sir,

I believe the car is doing fine.
How is car performance on highway with 3-4 people with AC on?
Do you need to change the gear frequently while overtaking?

I need your suggestion as i have shortlisted Ertiga ZXi & i20 Asta Diesel will be my next car.
KALINGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2013, 13:35   #189
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Haridwar
Posts: 306
Thanked: 171 Times
Default Re: I am in LUV literally - My Maruti Ertiga ZXI

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
Hello ajay sir,

I believe the car is doing fine.
How is car performance on highway with 3-4 people with AC on?
Do you need to change the gear frequently while overtaking?

I need your suggestion as i have shortlisted Ertiga ZXi & i20 Asta Diesel will be my next car.
I don't accelerate/ decelerate too much. However I have found the power adequate and don't require gear changing much on highways. Most of the time 4th gear is all I need to overtake. However remember that the luggage compartment does not have any cover in Ertiga, while i20 has it. On the other hand, Ertiga has higher G.C. which is so much required on Indian roads. In my view, Ertiga is value for money if versatility is on top of your mind (I am extremely happy with my decision). If you need a 5 seater only, then have a look at Ford Ecosport also which would be far more suited than i20 on Indian roads.
ajay0612 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi KALINGA Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 128 1st December 2017 17:31
My 'Luv' - Maruti Ertiga Zdi EDIT: 70,000 km & counting! Rajain Long-Term Ownership Reviews 298 30th June 2017 20:39
"Luv" Story 2012 - My Silky Silver Maruti Ertiga Zdi nurni76 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 101 26th May 2015 18:13
FAB makes way for LUV - Maruti Ertiga VDi Review rohin4110 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 14 2nd June 2014 20:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:20.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks