Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 25th October 2012, 11:21   #136
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Less is More - VW Jetta Highline MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Dkaile, the problem is, the paint job was carried out due to their fault. Ajmat had nothing to do with the damage.
In other words, the car was damaged while in their possession.
Sorry, my bad. I got mixed up in the last 4-5 pages with so much hoopla going around. So he had basically gone in for under-carriage and alloy damage, if I got that correctly, and the problems multiplied from thereon.

Ajmat, try contacting someone at VW HQ, if possible. I found the response from Skoda HQ much better than from their dealers. Once they get into the picture, the dealer's attitude totally changes towards you. Also I feel, it does not matter which authorised showroom you are going in today's Indian car scenario, a little pro-activeness and hands on approach from the customer is needed. To think we can just hand over the car to the dealership and the car will be delivered picture perfect back to us, is still a distant dream with most dealerships, irrespective of the brand.

Last edited by dkaile : 25th October 2012 at 11:33.
dkaile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2012, 11:42   #137
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Finally get through - Bodyshop manager's assistant ( the pawn in the battlefield) - car is ready but it will take 2 -3 days since insurance need to complete paperwork

Car was ready last week but because of their incompetence, it has cost another week.
Paperwork, what paperwork?

I rang Bajaj Allianz to check status of claim. They got the surveyor on the line. He told them, he is still waiting for the invoice.

As I am in office, I dare not show the "incredible hulk" in me so I rang the VW service manager and politely told him. He will take care of things......I hope
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2012, 11:49   #138
Senior - BHPian

. How about going to the workshop/dealership after office to show them the Incredible Hulk? Thats, if things dont progress by the end of the day.

Are they (VW dealer) trying to compensate you in any way possible, for the absolute lack of professionalism shown by them?
Skoda offers a spare car, or a reimbursement of 3500 bucks per day, as taxi charges.
My dad got the 3500 when the Superb was in for a Mechatronic failure.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2012, 12:19   #139
BHPian

Does the customer have any legal recourse in such cases? Not that I am asking ajmat to take the same, but just for my knowledge.
IndianGuardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2012, 13:29   #140
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

As I am in office, I dare not show the "incredible hulk" in me so I rang the VW service manager Mr Suveer and politely told him. He will take care of things......I hope
The poor guy is doing his best. 10 min later, Suveer called me and told me to expect a call from the VW DT service manager....which never happened. I rang Suveer again and this time he put the VW DT manager on the line who started mumbling and fumbling about paperwork, reimbursement etc. Suveer cut him short and told him to give a proper status update by 3 PM today.
Old 25th October 2012, 15:19   #141
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Suveer cut him short and told him to give a proper status update by 3 PM today.
It is now 3.17 - Forum rules prevent me from writing what I want to write. Decency prevents me from calling them and losing it!

Last edited by Vid6639 : 25th October 2012 at 15:23. Reason: quote tags fixed :-)
ajmat is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2012, 15:29   #142
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Quote:
It is now 3.17 - Forum rules prevent me from writing what I want to write. Decency prevents me from calling them and losing it!
Do you want a deluge on VW facebook page which we will be happy to do to see if that helps.

We can try creating a social buzz around this delay for VW to put some pressure.
VW2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2012, 15:37   #143
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Do you want a deluge on VW facebook page which we will be happy to do to see if that helps.

We can try creating a social buzz around this delay for VW to put some pressure.
Please - anything that is non violent will help - 58 days for a 2 day job !
Old 25th October 2012, 19:16   #144
BHPian

Not shocked at the total lack of professionalism & saddening treatment being given to one of their premium car's customer by VW group. There are enough horror stories on this forum. But, what totally surprises me is the patience you have mate. Hats off to you. A little delay for a 2 day job is understandable. But 58 days, and you are still taking this politely with them. If you don't mind, can you please share the reason for this saint like politeness.
ScorpMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2012, 19:55   #145
Senior - BHPian

@ajmat

have created a post with VW India.
https://www.facebook.com/Volkswagenindia?fref=ts

Others please do support for help. I have put it in the most positive way to see if that helps. No point in shouting at VW at this point. We will post one more at VW global. They hate bad media.
Old 25th October 2012, 22:03   #146
Team-BHP Support

I don't want to put salt on your wounds but here's some stats.

In the 3years, 4 months and 30,000kms I have owned the Altis, it has spent a total of 3 nights in the service centre!!!

This is including painting visit for the rear door, and 4 services.

How is it that Toyota gets it right whereas VW, Skoda and the premium german marques screw up so bad.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2012, 22:14   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
3years, 4 months and 30,000kms
The car can never spend more than a day at work shop for the kind of babying you have done. that too to a Toyota. You have another 100000 kms before you can actually compare and judge with a German vehicle. We object your comparison

There are people like Deepakchan who must have driven close to 70K in his VW J and his car has hardly spent any time in the garage.

I know my friends Altis visits the garage every two months for one problem or another. Worst part is the rubber beading in door is something that has been a problem for him for QUITE sometime.

Its again the dealers that are screwing things up. VW has atleast pushed some dealers like replacement of a Jetta sometime back(I hope it was a push from VW than just the dealer taking a decision).
Old 25th October 2012, 22:27   #148
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
How is it that Toyota gets it right whereas VW, Skoda and the premium german marques screw up so bad.
Stringent selection process probably. Before anybody came in the market, how was Sundaram's service quality with Mercedes in Bangalore? Can anybody throw any light here?
From my experience and interaction with Mercedes.. it was good.

Dealers make their money from service/repair and not from selling cars. It's a known fact. Same guy is also having Honda service in the same city and I doubt if their service is so pathetic there. It's more of a having a service center for VW in the heart of the city. They'll get customers. Not many would love to drive all the way to Hasserghata.

Take Skoda and TAFE for instance. They were the king till another guy came up on old madras road. Ajmat knows more about this for sure. Am I saying they're very good? No, I'm not. But they'll give a better service than the one who started business first.

Picture is not really rosy in other cities too. Take example of Navin's case of Beetle.
Rudra Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2012, 08:58   #149
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat

At 4.20,I get a call saying the car is at Magrath Road but delivery will only be tomorrow due to insurance formalities which could have been completed last week. All held up for a RS 500 part

I pop over to inspect it. To be fair, they have done a good job. I went through the invoice. It came to 55k of which, the wheel alone was 25k.

The service manager Ranjeet feels bad about the delay. Remaining folks don't give a toss.
Old 26th October 2012, 09:05   #150
Team-BHP Support

So today is the auspicious day with the stars and moon aligned perfectly indicating that VW will be delivering the car.

Can you ask them to put a ribbon and arrange it like a new car delivery. It will feel like taking delivery all over again. Oh the joy.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote