Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 13th June 2012, 16:56   #181
BHPian

Default re: Tata Safari Storme : Test Drive and Review. More pics: pg 47

From last 10-12 days, this thread has not moved even a single page! That shows the dwindling interest or people losing patience over this looong wait. Also, with the Duster launch over the corner, Tata better put its act together and launch the Storme asap.
Old 13th June 2012, 17:03   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
That shows the dwindling interest or people losing patience over this looong wait. Also, with the Duster launch over the corner, Tata better put its act together and launch the Storme asap.
I agree. I am waiting for storme for more than 1 year and it is getting frustrated.
Old 13th June 2012, 17:06   #183
BHPian

True , there were days i used to check this thread minimum 4 times a day for the updates, hoping for lanch information and more , till i brought vento 3 months back.
Old 13th June 2012, 17:33   #184
Senior - BHPian

I can understand the disappointment, just a couple of days ago I got to talk to some people connected to the Storme and when asked about the launch, I was told that it "may" happen by July 2012. I was also told that the Storme may have the changes suggested incorporated in it by the time of launch. So, it is back to waiting.
Lukeskywalker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2012, 18:19   #185
BHPian

I've been waiting for this new refreshed Safari since long but looks like I have to plonk my money on Duster.I am biggest fanboy of Safari you will ever meet but I just can't wait anymore. I know I will look at passing Safari's when I will drive Duster but sometime you have to give-in due to famiily needs.

-Ijeet
Old 14th June 2012, 17:24   #186
BHPian

Hi Lukeskywalker,

How was the turbo whistle/noise ( esp. if you can compare it to that of xuv 500)? I have xuv500 and storme in my buying list and I found too much of turbo noise in xuv500.
Old 14th June 2012, 22:29   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How was the turbo whistle/noise ( esp. if you can compare it to that of xuv 500)? I have xuv500 and storme in my buying list and I found too much of turbo noise in xuv500.
After being used to the Safari, I never noticed any extra noise from either the XUV or the Storme.
Old 15th June 2012, 14:37   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phani View Post
True , there were days i used to check this thread minimum 4 times a day for the updates, hoping for lanch information and more , till i brought vento 3 months back.
this is soooo true. Even i used to check almost everyday. But now i too have lost patience. I'll see the duster in July and make a decision.
Also, if the diesel car prices increase, it'll become totally out of my budget. I don't think that it'll be worth spending that extra sum of money.
Old 15th June 2012, 15:39   #189
BHPian

here in Surat i had a talk with Territory Sales Manager for storme and as per him possible launch in july with XUV type strategy- initially available in few cities. As per him only by Diwali would it be available in Surat. i lost patience and have booked XUV, though would keep a close watch for storme if it gets launched in july.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_delight View Post
this is soooo true. Even i used to check almost everyday. But now i too have lost patience. I'll see the duster in July and make a decision.
Also, if the diesel car prices increase, it'll become totally out of my budget. I don't think that it'll be worth spending that extra sum of money.
Old 15th June 2012, 16:20   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave7377 View Post
here in Surat i had a talk with Territory Sales Manager for storme and as per him possible launch in july with XUV type strategy- initially available in few cities.
Such a strategy is generally planned when the company expects some delivery issues, i.e. the demand will be far more than the supply. In the case of the Storme, does TATA really expect this kind of a demand? I for one will be skeptical about the graduated launch scenario.
Old 15th June 2012, 16:28   #191
BHPian

What TATA expects is best known to them but even in case of Aria it was launched quite late here in Surat so it mite not be their prime target customer base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel385 View Post
Such a strategy is generally planned when the company expects some delivery issues, i.e. the demand will be far more than the supply. In the case of the Storme, does TATA really expect this kind of a demand? I for one will be skeptical about the graduated launch scenario.
Old 16th June 2012, 00:00   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel385 View Post
I for one will be skeptical about the graduated launch scenario.
I think this is a strategy TML followed for all its Commercial Vehicles most/all times. They introduce in regions (unlike Cities in case of MM) before going pan India. Training, parts storage etc are easier this way. Also in India, it takes 6-8 months for any production line to reach its full capacity. What i heard from sources is mainly due to compoments/suppliers. One vendor supplies components to more than one OEM and more than one models and it is not easy for them to ramp up production quickly meeting the quality standards.
Old 16th June 2012, 10:35   #193
BHPian

I spotted a white one which looked like the highest model at Andheri East near Regency. Looked like a registered private vehicle and not a test or a test drive vehicle.
Old 16th June 2012, 15:16   #194
BHPian

Angry re: Tata Safari Storme : Test Drive and Review. More pics: pg 47

Great review. It answers a lot is questions but raises a few more. If Tata is planning to launch this car within the next 3 months, do they have the time to make the changes that might have been suggested by you and others who tested the car. Also, what about changing the designs and vendor dies etc for all those changes?

I own a Safari Dicor for 4 years and the only problem I have faced is very poor service at almost every service station that I have visited. Not to speak of the squeaking sounds from doors, seats and wind noise. It is a fantastic car and I was seriously hoping that Storme would be something I can replace it with even after all the bad service experiences of past 4 years wherein no one even calls to check feedback of service.
Old 22nd June 2012, 16:08   #195
Senior - BHPian

Not sure whether the Merlin is still undergoing testing or Tatas teasing the fans by regular sightings of the Truck off late . Here is another sighting of the same without the cameo (courtey - Motoroids):

SPIED: Tata Safari Storme caught testing again. When will it be launched? | Motoroids

Surely it is the competitors who are gaining turf (sales/ Customer) because of the uncertainty with the launch of Merlin.
Closed Thread