Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 23rd July 2012, 22:02   #286
BHPian

Default re: Tata Safari Storme : Test Drive and Review. More pics: pg 47

Saw a grey Safari Storme grey color, MH 14 registered on Law College Road today. This was the VX version.
We have the current version and the new one definitely looks much better.
abeerbagul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2012, 11:52   #287
Senior - BHPian

The delay in launch of "Storme" may have cost TATA many prospective buyers who would have shifted to Duster and XUV..
Old 24th July 2012, 13:51   #288
BHPian

There is absolute silence everywhere . No news of the launch . I desparately need a highway cruiser in the coming months , hope it gets launched soon .
Old 24th July 2012, 13:58   #289
Senior - BHPian

You can consider "Aria", it is supposed to be a fantastic hiway car, however i find even the present variant of Safari a good tourer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuner71 View Post
There is absolute silence everywhere . No news of the launch . I desparately need a highway cruiser in the coming months , hope it gets launched soon .
Old 24th July 2012, 14:01   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
You can consider "Aria", it is supposed to be a fantastic hiway car, however i find even the present variant of Safari a good tourer...
Lohith thanks but iam eagerly waiting for the 4x4 strome since the time it was launched. Iam ready to wait till october hope it hits the showroom by then .
Old 24th July 2012, 14:08   #291
BHPian

Storme will be launched in next 15-30days time....As per the close associate from Tata has confirmed this. They also said they have started despatching the service manuals to the dealers, so the launch should be in the corners now.
kdeepakk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2012, 14:08   #292
Senior - BHPian

Am sure it should be in by that time, dont think they will like to delay any further.

It would be interesting to see how they price and position the new breed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuner71 View Post
Lohith thanks but iam eagerly waiting for the 4x4 strome since the time it was launched. Iam ready to wait till october hope it hits the showroom by then .
lohithrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2012, 22:35   #293
Senior - BHPian

Guys - I really wish Storme is launched in15-30 days. Right from august we have been seeing notes that storme will be launched in 15 days. The Euphoria is kept high and as the date nears, we see another post telling its launch is shelved for another month.

I really wish that Storme is launched shortly.
Old 24th July 2012, 22:46   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys - I really wish Storme is launched in15-30 days. Right from august we have been seeing notes that storme will be launched in 15 days. The Euphoria is kept high and as the date nears, we see another post telling its launch is shelved for another month.
Yes, everyone wishes it is launched soon, but all we see are posts quoting "reliable" sources giving hints, if the sources were so reliable, why hasn't even one prediction come anywhere close to reality?
Lukeskywalker is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2012, 00:35   #295
Senior - BHPian

Time to lock this thread maybe? Since we don't have any concrete info and its just been speculation since Luke's test drive.

Maybe whenever the official test drive report is out, we can discuss the product there.
Old 25th July 2012, 11:44   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Time to lock this thread maybe? Since we don't have any concrete info and its just been speculation since Luke's test drive.

Maybe whenever the official test drive report is out, we can discuss the product there.
Even i am frustrated with Tata now. If the product is ready, why to delay the launch. I always come to this thread hoping for some news about the launch, if not everyday, surely in one day gap. But, all waste. I have heard people saying that from "trusted" sources, but still no pakka news.

There were so many people waiting for this launch and now they are forced to look towards duster.
Old 25th July 2012, 18:20   #297
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Guys, lets refrain from talking about "customer centrism", etc ... Please understand that there was never an official word of launch and all these pages were of speculations and few internal channel information.
Most of the internal channel information were around Ganesh Chathurthi time-frame which we were not there yet.

So, if few of them didn't want to wait for launch, its just that you didn't want to wait. Its not that TML didn't launch after making a commitment.

Basically, its our anxiety rather than TML's customer centrism !

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th July 2012, 19:49   #298
BHPian

Was going through a Yahoo India feature on the top 10 SUVs in India and the Storme was featured in it. The interesting part is that even that article stated that the vehicle will be launched next month. Maybe the sources above are not off the mark this time!

10 SUVs that are setting Indian roads ablaze Photos | Pictures - Yahoo! News India
neel385 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2012, 01:20   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
To me the only problem with the present safari is turning radius.It should be around 5.4 at the most.Smaller turning radius is important feature of present SUVs. In this regard Tata has done excellent job with SUMO.
Old 29th July 2012, 12:11   #300
BHPian

When I first saw the Storme at the Auto Expo earlier this year, I frankly didn't like the looks. But over months the new design has grown over me and now I am in totally for it. Waiting and waiting for it to hit showrooms! How about few more clicks!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Test Drive and Review. More pics: pg 47-tatasafaristormespyshot1.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Test Drive and Review. More pics: pg 47-tatasafaristormespyshot2.jpg  

Closed Thread