Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 29th July 2012, 17:17   #301
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default re: Tata Safari Storme : Test Drive and Review. More pics: pg 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambujlal View Post
When I first saw the Storme at the Auto Expo earlier this year, I frankly didn't like the looks. But over months the new design has grown over me and now I am in totally for it. Waiting and waiting for it to hit showrooms! How about few more clicks!
Did you spot this ? If so, where ?
OR
Are these one of the old one's out in WWW ?

Prem.
Old 29th July 2012, 20:47   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Did you spot this ? If so, where ?
OR
Are these one of the old one's out in WWW ?
No Prem, I did not spot these. These are from the www. But I did spot temp registered in the same color on Bangalore-Mysore highway about a month back. Didn't have the right gear to click snaps.
ambujlal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2012, 18:12   #303
Senior - BHPian

Tatas are still testing the Storme, wuth the latest sighting of the vehicle in Satara, MH. Here is the link to the report:

Tata Continues Fleet Testing Safari Storme | MotorBeam - Indian Car Bike News & Reviews

God knows when are we going to learn about the launch .
Old 30th July 2012, 21:37   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Tatas are still testing the Storme, wuth the latest sighting of the vehicle in Satara, MH. Here is the link to the report:

Tata Continues Fleet Testing Safari Storme | MotorBeam - Indian Car Bike News & Reviews

God knows when are we going to learn about the launch .
My feeling similar when it comes to the wait - Not that i am immediately in the market for buying an SUV -

Personally i feel TATA's are trying to launch a product which might less niggle some compared to its predecessors - which would correlate to the extensive testing they are performing- I really hope what comes out as an end product - raises the bar for others.

Best - ML
Motoringlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2012, 22:48   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone feel that the new look is growing on you? OR I am the only one here
True, even when I saw the Storme in flesh for the first time it did look odd after being used to seeing the current Safari everyday, but then i too felt that this look was something one will get used to and will definitely grow on you.

Quote:
Personally i feel TATA's are trying to launch a product which might less niggle some compared to its predecessors - which would correlate to the extensive testing they are performing
That is exactly what I've been told multiple times by the people of Tata Motors that I have come across recently. But then how long is too long?
Old 1st August 2012, 12:05   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
That is exactly what I've been told multiple times by the people of Tata Motors that I have come across recently. But then how long is too long?
Ok, the wait for the wait is over....

The Tata Safari Storme is officially being launched in Sept 2012.

Source: Tata Motor declares the launch of its Safari Storme in September 2012 | CarTrade.com

So, the excitement begins now.

For one, I am seriously considering it as an upgrade, and I will closely observe it post launch.
n.devdath is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 1st August 2012, 12:30   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post

The Tata Safari Storme is officially being launched in Sept 2012.

Source: Tata Motor declares the launch of its Safari Storme in September 2012 | CarTrade.com

So, the excitement begins now.

For one, I am seriously considering it as an upgrade, and I will closely observe it post launch.
Thank you!!

Can't believe my luck. I just returned after having my Safari valued by a Toyota dealer in exchange for an Innova. But all said and done, I am literally pushing myself to buy an Innova. And I had no choice. XUV stopped appealing after sometime, Fortuner was out of budget, Duster had no back room, Yeti was too small, & Aria couldn't inspire the confidence.

To accommodate my heart, I even booked an Etios to accompany the aging Safari, so that the Safari stays. But this decision stopped making sense after I gave the deposit for the Etios.

I am going to wait now. Come September!

Last edited by rrsteer : 1st August 2012 at 12:32.
rrsteer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2012, 13:06   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Dev! Came into the thread expecting more hear-say's and frustrations - which was the norm till now.

I hope the following mentioned in the article are not just fancy eye-wash but actually practical changes:

Quote:
Reportedly, the model which will be brought to the Indian auto industry will highlight few alterations at interiors against the one which was unveiled at the mega event. As per the sources, the interior cabin is now much more polished, providing a charismatic look to the car.

The idea conceived behind the alterations made in the upcoming Safari Storme emerges as the feedback which the company might have received from the industry experts and audience at the Auto Expo. And owing to this, it was believed that the auto maker took so much time in introducing its much anticipated model on the domestic Turk.
Old 1st August 2012, 13:28   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
XUV stopped appealing after sometime, Fortuner was out of budget, Duster had no back room, Yeti was too small, & Aria couldn't inspire the confidence.
Very well summed up, and believe me, it holds true in my case as well. There is nothing apart from the Fortuner that appeals and the Fortuner, for all its worth, is really overpriced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Thanks Dev! Came into the thread expecting more hear-say's and frustrations - which was the norm till now.
Hi Suresh,
Well, the dashboard displayed on the Auto Expo and the TD vehicles was decent enough but the single DIN music system, that unpretentious 4wd knob, the steering wheel sans any audio/phone/cruise/BT controls, the undersized cup holders and the ac vents were the rough areas IMO.

Let us hope that has changed.
Old 1st August 2012, 13:54   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... the single DIN music system, that unpretentious 4wd knob, the steering wheel sans any audio/phone/cruise/BT controls, the undersized cup holders and the ac vents ...
Spot on!

Apart from this, there is a interesting discussion going on in the Safai issue thread between TSK and BD with regard to steering.
Old 1st August 2012, 13:55   #311
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
I hope the following mentioned in the article are not just fancy eye-wash but actually practical changes:
Does this means that we could expect to see
- 2 DIN integrated Music System + ACC (Similar to ARIA)
- Audio and Telephone controls on the steering wheel
- Shorter Gear Lever
- Better plastics

With XUV suffering from Niggles, this could be a great opportunity for TATA. They should get their act together and also price the Storme appropriately.
Old 1st August 2012, 14:05   #312
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Does this means that we could expect to see
- 2 DIN integrated Music System + ACC (Similar to ARIA)
- Audio and Telephone controls on the steering wheel
- Shorter Gear Lever
- Better plastics

With XUV suffering from Niggles, this could be a great opportunity for TATA. They should get their act together and also price the Storme appropriately.
Having viewed the production models (dont ask how and where ) I can say that all your above questions have one answer. A big YES. Interiors are much improved, almost on par with the german sedans (vento and all), and much better than the XUV. Cheers!!!
apachelongbow is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 1st August 2012, 14:27   #313
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Having viewed the production models (dont ask how and where ) I can say that all your above questions have one answer. A big YES. Interiors are much improved, almost on par with the german sedans (vento and all), and much better than the XUV. Cheers!!!
Thanks Apache. This is good news for TATA and all the Safari fans.

What else did you notice in the interiors?
Old 1st August 2012, 14:39   #314
BHPian

Wow, After all wait is about to get over and hope all the wait turns out for good.
Old 1st August 2012, 14:51   #315
BHPian

Finally something concrete. For all of us who have been waiting for the Storme for so long, it looks like we can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. If what apachelongbow has to say is true, then it surely is great news. Last but not the least, I hope TATA hits the mark as far as pricing is concerned.

What will be music to our ears, at this stage, will be news of a pre-launch test drive of the Storme and the associated "official" review!
Closed Thread