Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 22nd August 2012, 11:26   #391
AVR
BHPian

Default re: Tata Safari Storme : Test Drive and Review. More pics: pg 47

Just so that people don't forget about the Storme, here's another review from a website called Cartoq – Honest Car Advice

Tata Safari Storme Expert Review by Amit Pinge, CarToq Expert | Cartoq - Honest Car Advice

What excites me about the writeup is the fact that hopefully the next time I see the Storme, the TML employee will also be willing to give me a TD and take some feedback

Cheers,
Adi
AVR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2012, 17:48   #392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR

What excites me about the writeup is the fact that hopefully the next time I see the Storme, the TML employee will also be willing to give me a TD and take some feedback

Cheers,
Adi
Thanks. Looks like Tata has already made some changes since the models tested on page 1 of this thread. Example, remote buttons on the key fob, third row AC vents in the C pillar, and vastly better plastics. So the time since the review hasn't been wasted, and we can look forward to an even better vehicle than tested here. That can't be bad news!

Last edited by VeluM : 22nd August 2012 at 17:50.
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2012, 18:03   #393
BHPian

Any chance that the Storme may be launched with an Autobox instead of only manual transmission variants? I saw Tata displaying an Automatic Transmission just next to Storme in their stall at Delhi auto show earlier this year.
Old 22nd August 2012, 18:36   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Thanks. Looks like Tata has already made some changes since the models tested on page 1 of this thread. Example, remote buttons on the key fob, third row AC vents in the C pillar, and vastly better plastics. So the time since the review hasn't been wasted, and we can look forward to an even better vehicle than tested here. That can't be bad news!
Further, as per post #312 within this thread, we should also be expecting steering mounted controls and 2-DIN music system, which was missing in the test model. As you rightly point out, feedback provided is being incorporated and this can only mean good news.
sachinayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2012, 22:41   #395
BHPian

I am not sure about the validity of this information. Storme will launch on 24th of September as per the following link in a phased manner.

Storme Launch

Source: CarDekho

Last edited by g_prajeesh : 23rd August 2012 at 22:43. Reason: Edited the URL
g_prajeesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th August 2012, 11:59   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_prajeesh View Post
I am not sure about the validity of this information. Storme will launch on 24th of September as per the following link in a phased manner.

Storme Launch

Source: CarDekho
Thanks for this update. It seems that the long wait for storme is finally going to get over.

I sincerely hope that this thread becomes live again and obviously with good feedbacks
Old 27th August 2012, 11:59   #397
BHPian

Happened to see Storme for first time in person. I was driving towards Ravet from Dange Chowk. Incidentally I also saw 2 more Safari's 2.2 Dicors, one without a rear mounted tyre(I guess it was removed temporarily) while getting out of Dange Chowk before I saw Storme. This gave me a chance to compare as I saw all these vehicles in a matter of 10 seconds. I was very impressed by Storme's backside look. The Safari without rear mounted tyre was not a good sight to have, it was looking ugly. Compared to this the new rear of Storme was very pleasant.

I feel that the new design of the rear side is much better as compared to the earlier one. I have started getting a feeling that all talk about mistake done by Tata's in removing the rear mounted tyre, is totally misplaced. The twin exhaust pipes enhance the beauty and new design is contemporary and better looking. It is cleaner and is well finished.

I had tough time keeping up the Storme as it zoomed out really fast. Even though my Accent is in pretty good condition, with a clear road I found it very difficult to catch up. He slowed down to take a right and thats where I could see the front side of the vehicle. Overall as we already know there are minor changes to the old exteriors, but fit and finish is leagues ahead of the 2.2 Safari. Coupled this with the major changes in underpinnings if priced right I feel that this vehicle will do much better especially with XUV being troubled with niggles all over.
deepaktpatil is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th August 2012, 18:03   #398
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post
Just so that people don't forget about the Storme, here's another review from a website called Cartoq Honest Car Advice

Tata Safari Storme Expert Review by Amit Pinge, CarToq Expert | Cartoq - Honest Car Advice

Cheers,
Adi
Good honest review that!. One good point about Tata Motors is that they keep making regular updates on their current rides and do not wait for a major upgrade or version change. Example, My 2012 GX has most of the features which the writer highlighted as a part of the new Safari (like the theater dimming, illuminated key ring, lower body-roll, seamless torque etc). I am not sure if these are new features, but If so, hats off to Tata for the free upgrades
Old 27th August 2012, 21:08   #399
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Good honest review that!. One good point about Tata Motors is that they keep making regular updates on their current rides and do not wait for a major upgrade or version change. Example, My 2012 GX has most of the features which the writer highlighted as a part of the new Safari (like the theater dimming, illuminated key ring, lower body-roll, seamless torque etc). I am not sure if these are new features, but If so, hats off to Tata for the free upgrades
No, there are no new features
EGR and software were "upgraded" in 2010. This was to fix service light and noise issues.
Timing kit was upgraded to fix snapping issues.
Illuminated keyring has always been there, and ditto for theater dimming. Most of these reviewers just right every feature as new feature without bothering to check.
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2012, 10:14   #400
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
No, there are no new features
EGR and software were "upgraded" in 2010. This was to fix service light and noise issues.
Timing kit was upgraded to fix snapping issues.
Illuminated keyring has always been there, and ditto for theater dimming. Most of these reviewers just right every feature as new feature without bothering to check.
AH! was gonna post the same. Either the blogger haven't used a Safari much or he is too used to other similar vehicles.
Old 28th August 2012, 11:38   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
AH! was gonna post the same. Either the blogger haven't used a Safari much or he is too used to other similar vehicles.
Yes.. might be.. but in some cases, when people buy a new car, especially their first car, then the company representative tells every feature in such a high note that, at times, you tend to feel that these features are not available in other cars and you are getting the best of the market..
Old 28th August 2012, 11:58   #402
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_delight View Post
Yes.. might be.. but in some cases, when people buy a new car, especially their first car, then the company representative tells every feature in such a high note that, at times, you tend to feel that these features are not available in other cars and you are getting the best of the market..
Actually, these features are not there in other cars. Its just that these features have been there in the old safari also. So Storme does not really get new features.
The biggest feature of the new storme is the Rack and Pinion steering, and the new chassis. Everything else is old wine in new bottle.
Old 28th August 2012, 12:38   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Everything else is old wine in new bottle.
Probably too early to conclude, but with people having reported better quality interiors, double-din music system, steering mounted controls, better handling, tighter turning radius (which seems to be a big issue with the current version), and hopefully a better tested product, the old wine may have matured a lot more what the bottle may seem to suggest. Hope !!!!
Old 28th August 2012, 12:56   #404
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Probably too early to conclude, but with people having reported better quality interiors, double-din music system, steering mounted controls, better handling, tighter turning radius (which seems to be a big issue with the current version), and hopefully a better tested product, the old wine may have matured a lot more what the bottle may seem to suggest. Hope !!!!
New bottle is interiors and exterior cosmetic changes.
As for handling turning radius etc., those are covered by a new chasis and steering, right?
Old 28th August 2012, 13:21   #405
Senior - BHPian

^^^ I would say new wine in an old looking bottle... & you are never sure how good or bad the wine would be unless you taste one, unlike old wine which only gets better with age.

Hopefully Tata got better garden & brewers this time, & it would be much better to taste.

Last edited by CARDEEP : 28th August 2012 at 13:23.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread