Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 13th September 2012, 16:58   #481
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Tata Safari Storme : Test Drive and Review. More pics: pg 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_prajeesh View Post
Hi Amit,

Thanks for the information.
Could you please let me know the following info.

Is storme's Second Row a reclinable seat?. Can we slide the second row seat so that third row space can be adjusted?

Cheers

Prajeesh
Prajeesh
i think the 3rd row is a side facing, hence there is no leg room to liberate by moving the 2nd row. however the sliding option might be required if the 2nd row is to be reclined back
Old 13th September 2012, 18:47   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik

But it will block the Ac vents. I checked it in old safari. Hope the same in Strome too.
I don't think it will block the vents, AC switches may be so it looks like a good option.

I am also looking to fit one in my Safari, even shortlisted one Pioneer. Just waiting for somebody to get it from USA

Coming to strome now, I think it will be a bad move on tata's part not to provide 2Din and steering mounted controls, even hatches have these nowdays.

-Ijeet

Last edited by ijeet : 13th September 2012 at 18:51.
Old 13th September 2012, 19:36   #483
BHPian

Storme is already on display at Tata motors Ahmedabad . It seems to be exactly the same displayed in Delhi Expo.
Old 13th September 2012, 20:49   #484
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by koushik View Post
Storme is already on display at Tata motors Ahmedabad . It seems to be exactly the same displayed in Delhi Expo.
Wow! Waited for it so long and its on display in my neighborhood! Gotta go check it out! At least this confirms that it will be launched.
Old 13th September 2012, 22:08   #485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschivate View Post
Has TATA soft-launched Safari Storme already?
I am not sure whether it is already launched or not. But heard, for sure, it will be a soft launch, unlike the XUV. So different regions/states will start their booking at different times, but should be available pan india by the festive season.
Old 13th September 2012, 22:14   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by koushik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post
Wow! Waited for it so long and its on display in my neighborhood! Gotta go check it out! At least this confirms that it will be launched.
if any one of you happen to visit the showroom can you please take pictures of the interiors and post them here. This might answer most of the fellow tbhpns doubts.

thanks
Old 15th September 2012, 09:01   #487
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Well, as per Concorde Motors [Bangalore], the launch is on Nov 1, 2012 [pan India].
Wonder, how one got Storme in the showroom, one taking booking, few owning it [may be, its explained already].

Prem.
Old 15th September 2012, 11:42   #488
Senior - BHPian

Guys
what is the expected price of the base model of the Storme ? also is the news that only top end models would be launched initially and base models will follow after 6 months correct ? my budget is about 8.5-8.75 lakhs ex showroom. Hoping the base model fits in here
Old 15th September 2012, 13:07   #489
rkg
Senior - BHPian

It has reached Concorde, Bangalore yesterday. Launch date not specified, but they way they have spoken , it seems it is very near
rkg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2012, 13:13   #490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg
It has reached Concorde, Bangalore yesterday. Launch date not specified, but they way they have spoken , it seems it is very near
Is the storme on display ??
Old 15th September 2012, 13:30   #491
rkg
Senior - BHPian

No Not in display. I asked for a test drive. He said he will let me know monday.
Old 15th September 2012, 14:46   #492
AVR
BHPian

I was passing by Cargo Motors and thought I'll ask. The Urban Bronze coloured vxp version was in the backyard. Funnily they have no idea about pricing and launch yet. They have had a lot of people enquiring about it and willing to put some cash down pre launch for a stab at the first few vehicles in town.
Few things:
It looks the same as the test mule I saw months back. No 2 din. It had a Bluetooth mike in the ceiling (looked like one) quality was super nice. Looked premium and I hated that I had to go back and sit in my old ageing Safari! Engine is super silent even though we were in a closed shed. The interiors are totally worth the 12 13L price bracket and looked rather robust. The pop up shelf at the Center of the dashboard can be used for a display I guess.

Didn't focus much on spacing and seat comfort as its already one of the best for years and didn't notice any changes. Sales guy claimed that his supervisor had driven it in Pune and came back very impressed. I think after the lacklustre Aria and Nano they looked very guardedly optimistic and excited about the Storme.

My conclusion is that when I have the money I'll surely buy it. No doubts about that.

Cheers,
Adi
AVR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th September 2012, 14:55   #493
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
...Wonder, how one got Storme in the showroom, one taking booking, few owning it [may be, its explained already].

Prem.
As to the vehicle in showroom, someone has said it's the same as Auto Expo show piece. As to few owning, those were given to the employees for feedbacks!

From the post after yours, seems Concorde got the display pieces. As far as I understand, you got some good contacts there. Would you try your luck & surprise us?!
Old 15th September 2012, 19:41   #494
BHPian

Will the Storme be launched as a new product into the Tata lineup or will Storme replace the current gen Safari in the due course ?
The tentative prices seems to make everyone think Tata is planning to pitch it against XUV500 and all.
There were reports that Storme base variant will have ABS as an optional add on. Any info regarding the base variants ?
Old 15th September 2012, 22:20   #495
BHPian

I have a question, assuming there is no change in the dimensions of Strome from old Safari. Will it be possible to fix new dash in old Safari.

I know, I know too much to ask but no harm in whishing

-Ijeet
Closed Thread