Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 30th September 2012, 12:54   #556
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: Tata Safari Storme : Test Drive and Review. More pics: pg 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
The VFM Aria you mention will be launched as Aria LX and is also almost ready for sale. The product, as you already mentioned, will most probably get the 9.99 tag at launch....
I am starting to get irritated with this 9.99L stuff the manufacturers are doing! Only very few states get the advantage of this ex showroom price while some states have a higher ex showroom price and are forced to spend extra RT due to the higher slab. Why dont they make it one price across India [like Mitsubshi] or keep the price adjusted so that the maximum ex showroom price is around 9.95L!

Anybody close to TATA management on the forum, please do pass the feedback / suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
No idea about VX but current safari will most surely continue to sell in LX and EX.

Storm Variants are : LX, LXa, EX, VX, VXp
I guess they could have named the Storme variants better! Since the current gen Safari is expected to continue only in LX & EX variants, Storme could have been listed as GX & VX ! Now there is LX both in Safari & Storme too!
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2012, 12:56   #557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anybody close to TATA management on the forum, please do pass up the feedback.
Don't worry, they are reading this thread

Quote:
Storme could have been listed as GX & VX ! Now there is LX both in Safari & Storme too!
How does that confuse anybody? The cars are called "Safari" and "Storme" which in itself is the differentiator.
Lukeskywalker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2012, 13:22   #558
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
...How does that confuse anybody? The cars are called "Safari" and "Storme" which in itself is the differentiator.
When I see Storme LX, I always start thinking it's a variant cheaper than Safari EX. I also see that people in some of the previous posts have given the positioning of variants like Safari LX, Storme LX/LXa, Safari EX, Storme VX/VXp etc [may not be intentionally]. But I guess it's unlikely that Storme will be positioned / priced cheaper than the Safari EX variant.

So ideally the positioning I expect is

Safari LX
Safari EX

Storme LX/LXa [as per current notation]
Storme VX/VXp

Knowing Safari GX is placed above EX & may be discontinued they could have positioned the variants like below to have unique variant names.

Safari LX
Safari EX

Storme GX/GXa [as per current notation]
Storme VX/VXp

I know it doesn't make much difference in real life, but personally I am a bit finicky about such things!

PS:: I see Storme may have an EX version too!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 30th September 2012 at 13:24.
Old 30th September 2012, 15:24   #559
Senior - BHPian

I still feel the Storme Lx should be priced close to the Safari Lx to get the volumes under this platform. This will effectively kill the Scorpio Lx and Sle variants. Else at best Storme + Safari will do max 1800-2000 numbers against the Scorpio's 4000+ numbers per month. Just my humble view
Old 30th September 2012, 18:10   #560
Senior - BHPian

Offlate seeing Scorpio ads been aired pretty regularly, seems like M&M facing the heat, am sure given the choices one has today all brands would be. however with the safari/ stromes should rake in some good numbers going forward.

good luck TATA
lohithrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2012, 08:04   #561
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
When I see Storme LX, I always start thinking it's a variant cheaper than Safari EX. I also see that people in some of the previous posts have given the positioning of variants like Safari LX, Storme LX/LXa, Safari EX, Storme VX/VXp etc [may not be intentionally]. But I guess it's unlikely that Storme will be positioned / priced cheaper than the Safari EX variant.

So ideally the positioning I expect is

Safari LX
Safari EX

Storme LX/LXa [as per current notation]
Storme VX/VXp

Knowing Safari GX is placed above EX & may be discontinued they could have positioned the variants like below to have unique variant names.

Safari LX
Safari EX

Storme GX/GXa [as per current notation]
Storme VX/VXp

I know it doesn't make much difference in real life, but personally I am a bit finicky about such things!

PS:: I see Storme may have an EX version too!
I agree with Hari [Lukeskywalker]... Its 2 different vehicles.
Its due to people perception that the confusion arises, we should look at the TATA UV product line like this.

Sumo, Grande, Safari, Xenon, Storme, Aria [not in pricing order though]

Safari LX & EX [period]

Storme LX/LXa, VX/VXp [and whatever variants that come in].

Prem.
kaviprem is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2012, 17:28   #562
BHPian

Whatever the variants are, just launch them soon.

Went to Renault showroom again yesterday for a second "dekho" of the Duster. My wife liked it, but was not impressed with the space inside the cabin. The pricing for the RXL version was around 12.44 Lacs OTR (Bangy), with a increase of 40K from today. So, dropped the idea, as it makes no sense paying close to 13 for Duster, when I can get a bigger (and better, hopefully) storme probably at the same price range soon. Infact, paying 14.5 for XUV still makes sense than going for Duster.

Mods: Kindly remove the post, incase the comments are way off-topic.

Cheers
Old 2nd October 2012, 21:42   #563
BHPian

Hormazd Sorabjee confirms 17 October Launch !!!! A lot going on this. TML pls do not disappoint with the pricing

Quote:
Tata Safari Storme launch on October 17th. Finally!
sachinayak is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2012, 15:30   #564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Hormazd Sorabjee confirms 17 October Launch !!!! A lot going on this. TML pls do not disappoint with the pricing

And here's the review www.autocarindia.com/Review/288030,tata-safari-storme-review-test-drive.aspx
Old 3rd October 2012, 16:18   #565
AVR
BHPian

I just checked the Manza Club Class thread and got me wondering that if the top-end Manza is going to be that loaded in terms of features, why would TML not think about doing the same with the top-end Safari Storme. Heck, the old Safari IIRC used to come at one time with twin LCDs in the headrest, a Sony PS option and a fridge at the back! I knew TML has been rather slow in evolving but now its slotted the reverse gear it seems!
Old 3rd October 2012, 19:18   #566
Senior - BHPian

Hormazd is clearly not very impressed. TML should have at least, post user feedback, incorporated a double DIN touchscreen ICE with GPS, even if only on the highest variant and given ACC.

Pricing holds the key to this vehicle's success. All the best TML.
Old 3rd October 2012, 19:22   #567

I have to say, if TML offers only 1 DIN ICE in the Safari, I would be completely disappointed with the leadership of the company. How can management approve such a design in today's time. It would be better to postpone the launch, rather than launching the Storme with 1 DIN as it can seriously hurt the prospect of the SUV in the market.
Old 3rd October 2012, 19:41   #568
BHPian

The ACI review is an old one - dated Feb 2012. If TML has incorporated absolutely any changes post user feedback, it would not be covered in the review.

That said, I have my doubts on any surprises from TML. They have spoken often, but rarely has that translated to ground level changes. ARIA was a great opportunity for them to change things. They had a fantastic product. They could have had the relationship manager, separate service bays, priority/privilege treatment etc., which M&M did not miss out during the XUV 500 launch. Better late than never, but hope to see some concrete action rather than just expressing the intent to improve.

That said, I own a Tata Vehicle (Manza) with absolutely no niggles reported till date and have no personal grudges against TML, and I sincerely hope to see them turn into a world-class car manufacturer.
sachinayak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2012, 21:39   #569
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I sincerely hope to see them turn into a world-class car manufacturer.
They have the potential but no fire in the belly..
Old 3rd October 2012, 22:46   #570
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post
...why would TML not think about doing the same with the top-end Safari Storme.
May be we can expect a Storme Club Class once the sales taper off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post
Heck, the old Safari IIRC used to come at one time with twin LCDs in the headrest, a Sony PS option and a fridge at the back!...
Yes twin LCDs on the head rest, but PS & fridge were offered only on some limited edition as far as I recollect. It was never available on standard Safaris!

Quote:
Comes a little too late and finally at a real bad time I guess. Rexton is all set to launch on the same date & might snatch all those lime light from TATA since it's a completely new premium product to be launched in India. TATA marketing team really need to pull up their socks to make sure enough hype is created & the launch news reaches the masses.
Closed Thread