Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 11th October 2012, 22:29   #646
BHPian

Default re: Tata Safari Storme : Test Drive and Review. More pics: pg 47

The picture of the car in the teaser looks so boxy and sumoish. This would definitely have looked great with the current generation safari. My two cents. Nevertheless looking forward for the launch.
Old 11th October 2012, 22:46   #647
BHPian

I am not sure about the launch date - but what I have heard is that most of the cities they are covering at one shot. That is why you can see a mumbai launch on 17th Oct as opposed to the previous information of first being launched in North and then gradually in the other parts of the country.

Though not a confirmed new.
Old 12th October 2012, 06:21   #648
BHPian

I understand that the media preview at Lavaa got over yesterday, lot of images floating on the net. Anyone here with any first hand experience?

Seems that people got to drive it around in some 4x4 type obstacle course (not sure if that is the correct term) and some roads in/around Laavasa. There were around 20 odd vehicles to play around with. And I hear in general people were mighty impressed with the driving capabilities of this beast. Would request fellow mwmbers to share firsthand experiences, if anyone made it to this event.

Hope the forum moderators were officially invited for this event.
Old 12th October 2012, 07:15   #649
BHPian

From the pictures floating around in the net of the media preview it looks like Strome still has only a Single DIN music system. The front grill changes with the Strome logo looks very nice and the finish seems to be good from seeing the photos. Still a bit disappointing due to lack of front facing 3rd row seats and the feature which seems to be on offer.

Pricing is the key which would decide if the Strome is a success or not. If it is priced close to the XUV500 then Strome might be a a difficult sell and only people who might need a proper 4WD might go for the Strome in place of XUV.
Old 12th October 2012, 11:18   #650
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Let's hope GTO and Co have been invited and we all get a official review on 17th oct immediately after launch
Old 12th October 2012, 11:24   #651
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
any idea if TBHP was invited too ?
There will soon be a TBHP review too, with all the details.
n.devdath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2012, 11:28   #652
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
That is cool. Only thing that is still a secret is "pricing". I somehow feel Tata will be aggressive this time and go with a introductory price which can tempt people.

C'mon Tata, try the teaser price. If you see the queue you can increase it later anyway
Old 12th October 2012, 11:34   #653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
That is cool. Only thing that is still a secret is "pricing". I somehow feel Tata will be aggressive this time and go with a introductory price which can tempt people.

C'mon Tata, try the teaser price. If you see the queue you can increase it later anyway
Exactly! except for the Indigo CS, they have never managed to nail the market just on the basis of low price euphoria.
Old 12th October 2012, 11:37   #654
Senior - BHPian

Personally I have very little hope of this turning the fortune(r)s for TATA, it seems like to be another Dust(er) Storm(e) for them.

With manufacturers churning out so many new models and at competitive and lower pricing, doubt this will be a Quant(o)um jump for them.

Last edited by dadu : 12th October 2012 at 11:38.
Old 12th October 2012, 11:46   #655
Senior - BHPian

Have you gone through the initial pages on this thread? there are very clear pics and a pretty detailed review too.

@rajshenoy, the review what Hari has covered is quiet Comprehensive and for sure far superior then the reviews what these automags come up with, btw dont think the Strome being too different then what was seen few months back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivmarwaha View Post
The picture of the car in the teaser looks so boxy and sumoish. This would definitely have looked great with the current generation safari. My two cents. Nevertheless looking forward for the launch.
Old 12th October 2012, 11:59   #656
Senior - BHPian

Here are a few pictures that I found on the internet.
Source: http://www.******************.com/fo...cover-289.html
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Test Drive and Review. More pics: pg 47-storme4.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 12th October 2012, 12:13   #657
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
@rajshenoy, the review what Hari has covered is quiet Comprehensive and for sure far superior then the reviews what these automags come up with, btw dont think the Strome being too different then what was seen few months back.
I have been following this Storme since so long that i have read every bit of the news. Its like Ekta kapoor Soap, which never ends(never launches)

Hari had mentioned that they took feedback and were suppose to work on it.

But looking at the pics from Lavasa, they took the feedback forms and sat(or slept) for months without doing anything.

That is why i was hoping if something changed between Hari did the drive and now.
Old 12th October 2012, 12:59   #658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceman82 View Post
From the pictures floating around in the net of the media preview it looks like Strome still has only a Single DIN music system. The front grill changes with the Strome logo looks very nice and the finish seems to be good from seeing the photos. Still a bit disappointing due to lack of front facing 3rd row seats and the feature which seems to be on offer.

Pricing is the key which would decide if the Strome is a success or not. If it is priced close to the XUV500 then Strome might be a a difficult sell and only people who might need a proper 4WD might go for the Strome in place of XUV.
I personally think that current dash with single din is a adhoc job. A company like TATA which has done such a beautiful job of this new vehicle wont release this kind of center console in such a competitive scenario. I strongly feel that there will be a last minute surprise on 17th or probably a immediate update for addressing the single din feedback.

I also feel that there may be an option to choose front facing seats. If Renault can be so audacious in providing this option in the cramped boot of Duster, then why not TATA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
n.devath, More details please, when? Who?.

Please dont increase the suspense. We already have it, courtesy TATA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Personally I have very little hope of this turning the fortune(r)s for TATA, it seems like to be another Dust(er) Storm(e) for them.

With manufacturers churning out so many new models and at competitive and lower pricing, doubt this will be a Quant(o)um jump for them.
Dadu, pricing is the main variable that will decide fate of Storme so hold on to your horses.
Old 12th October 2012, 13:06   #659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post

The comment above makes little sense. It suggests that Duster was not a success and the Quanto is. As of now, it seems that Duster is a bigger success and response to Quanto is slightly tepid.
rrsteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2012, 13:16   #660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaktpatil View Post
n.devdath, More details please, when? Who?
The review will be published post the launch which is when it will make the most sense and you will get the answers to all your questions in it.

It is only 5 days away.
Closed Thread