Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2012, 15:15   #841
Distinguished - BHPian
 
karan561's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,753
Thanked: 9,197 Times
Default re: Tata Safari Storme : Test Drive and Review. More pics: pg 47

With this high pricing it is clear that TATA is focusing on LOW volume but HIGH profit strategy, but with these looks will it sell at all ?
karan561 is online now  
Old 17th October 2012, 15:26   #842
BHPian
 
Fortuner71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mysore
Posts: 386
Thanked: 265 Times
Default re: Tata Safari Storme : Test Drive and Review. More pics: pg 47

Any idea on the color options available on the storme ?
Fortuner71 is offline  
Old 17th October 2012, 15:27   #843
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 681
Thanked: 1,268 Times
Default re: Tata Safari Storme : Test Drive and Review. More pics: pg 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
But Strome EX is almost equal to Safari GX. So the price difference is acceptable.
I second that - in fact the Storme EX is cheaper than Safari GX and lacks only alloys. Both have ABS with EBD and rear A/C vents.

Storme EX: Rs.10.77 ex-showroom Delhi
Safari GX: Rs.11.14 ex-showroom Delhi

Either a revised pricing for Safari is due, or I'm missing something. Why would someone buy an older platform for more?
jessie007 is offline  
Old 17th October 2012, 15:27   #844
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: N Delhi
Posts: 398
Thanked: 177 Times
Default re: Tata Safari Storme : Test Drive and Review. More pics: pg 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
TO TATA MOTORS: Congrats on successfully launching your next high profile market dud and for perfecting the art of Please dont waste your time any further and cut that cheque favouring M&M before they hike XUV prices looking at TATA

Let me quote the gist of the observations of all the reviewers who have reviewed the Storme:

[] New underpinnings leading to a batter ride quality.

[] Improved interiors, fit and finish as per every reviewer who has examined the vehicle

Also please consider this:

[] 3 year 100K KM warranty standard, with an option to go for a 4 year 150k KM warranty.

[] A go anywhere ability on the previous 4x4 model, that has been tested by the intrepid travelers on the forum leading to a lineage that is credible and confidence inspiring.

Let me also quote the observations of the thread OP, should you wish to verify go to the begining of this thread,

1. All 4 disc brakes
2. New Hydroform Chassis
3. Lighter rack and pinion steering
4. Decreased turning radius
5. Better ride quality
6. Negligible body roll
7. Responsive engine
8. Good in cabin insulation
9. Better all round finish
10. Wider track

Does all of this come for free? If I am not mistaken the price on the top end variant with 4x4 has gone up by just a lac or so. That's too much for you?

Last edited by GTO : 17th October 2012 at 15:50. Reason: Removing last line. Keep the fan boy comments OFF Team-BHP
RS_DEL is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 17th October 2012, 15:30   #845
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 98
Thanked: 100 Times
Default re: Tata Safari Storme : Test Drive and Review. More pics: pg 47

Looking at the Storme pricing, now eagerly looking forward to discounts being offered on the current models once it gets launched in Pune
padikpanther is offline  
Old 17th October 2012, 15:40   #846
BHPian
 
Ferruccio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 109
Thanked: 238 Times
Default re: Tata Safari Storme : Test Drive and Review. More pics: pg 47

> Again, one has to run his hand along the bottom of the chrome strip to feel and then access the latch to open rear door.
Attachment 925088

Luke, pls note there is a little triangle on the chrome part that is to tell you the location of the latch. No need to grope
Ferruccio is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2012, 15:46   #847
BHPian
 
Ksingh544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Delhi, Jammu
Posts: 177
Thanked: 144 Times
Default re: Tata Safari Storme : Test Drive and Review. More pics: pg 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Here's a video that describes the Safari Legacy.
its a nicely made ad, very slick but as a marketer do i really want to drive home the point that the customer is still paying for a 14 year old design

Note from Support: Quoting a video hampers readability for our mobile users.

Last edited by Eddy : 17th October 2012 at 16:30.
Ksingh544 is offline  
Old 17th October 2012, 15:53   #848
Senior - BHPian
 
mayankjha1806's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: BLR/Gurgaon
Posts: 2,133
Thanked: 820 Times
Default re: Tata Safari Storme : Test Drive and Review. More pics: pg 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_DEL View Post
Does all of this come for free? If I am not mistaken the price on the top end variant with 4x4 has gone up by just a lac or so. That's too much for you?
+1

I think its fairly priced, also one needs to understand, everyone wants automobiles to be as cheap as possible. In my view, considering the features comparison with others around, Storme is fairly priced. The only missing piece is the QC part which can blow holes in this pricing, and other (if i may) would loved to have a double din to fit a all in one player which i am particularly fan of these days.
mayankjha1806 is offline  
Old 17th October 2012, 15:54   #849
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,758
Thanked: 89,465 Times
Default re: Tata Safari Storme : Test Drive and Review. More pics: pg 47

Click here for a preview of the Tata Safari Storme

Full review once we get our hands on one for 3 days. Price comparo:

Tata Safari Storme : Test Drive and Review. More pics: pg 47-prices.jpg
GTO is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 17th October 2012, 15:57   #850
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: N Delhi
Posts: 398
Thanked: 177 Times
Default re: Tata Safari Storme : Test Drive and Review. More pics: pg 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
You could have been softer, both to @narayan & XUV. Former expressed his verdict before the official TBHP review is out, & latter is a monocoque, essentially a softroader. I believe top end Storme is cheaper to XUV by few thousand, which could be its USP vis-a-vis the XUV500.
I stand corrected for being blunt.

However to me atleast the Storme is an attempt at improvement. I hope you will kindly concede any enhancement costs money. To quibble about the price of such enhancements which have been well received by almost everyone I have read commenting on them, defies logic.

In any case if I have been abrasive or disagreeable I hope Narayan will kindly gloss over my indiscretion.
RS_DEL is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2012, 15:59   #851
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 186
Thanked: 135 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default re: Tata Safari Storme : Test Drive and Review. More pics: pg 47

Simply disappointed with the prizing.

One argument may be that there is not much difference with existing Safari, But We should not forget that
This is not the new version of Swift/Alto etc. (a Market leader in the segment). Existing Safari sales numbers are around 20-25% in comparison to the competition.
Vishal.R is offline  
Old 17th October 2012, 16:03   #852
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: N Delhi
Posts: 398
Thanked: 177 Times
Default re: Tata Safari Storme : Test Drive and Review. More pics: pg 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
+1

I think its fairly priced, also one needs to understand, everyone wants loved to have a double din to fit a all in one player which i am particularly fan of these days.
You hit the nail on the head. That is where this whole structure - of TML's passenger car business - fails, time and again.

Maybe they have learnt their lesson by now. I hope so for their sake they have decided against treating customers as lab rats .
RS_DEL is offline  
Old 17th October 2012, 16:12   #853
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 327
Thanked: 163 Times
Default re: Tata Safari Storme : Test Drive and Review. More pics: pg 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_DEL View Post
Let me quote the gist of the observations of all the reviewers who have reviewed the Storme:

[] New underpinnings leading to a batter ride quality.

[] Improved interiors, fit and finish as per every reviewer who has examined the vehicle
Milking a 14 Year Old Model? Adding a rear Disc Brake, Improved Interiors, Enhanced Warranty is not a Rocket Science. The strome should have been launched five years back. Even when TATA knew that Mahindra has started on XUV 500 it kept MUM. What we should have got a next generation of the Safari. For me Safari Strome is a waste of Time, Money, Resources which could have been spent elsewhere. Another DUD in the making.
Sarvodaya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2012, 16:12   #854
Senior - BHPian
 
CARDEEP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NCR
Posts: 2,699
Thanked: 1,485 Times
Default re: Tata Safari Storme : Test Drive and Review. More pics: pg 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_DEL View Post
I stand corrected for being blunt.

However to me atleast the Storme is an attempt at improvement. I hope you will kindly concede any enhancement costs money. To quibble about the price of such enhancements which have been well received by almost everyone I have read commenting on them, defies logic.

In any case if I have been abrasive or disagreeable I hope Narayan will kindly gloss over my indiscretion.
That's is fine, if only you could be diplomatic. I got your point, & I also know that Storme is much better than Safari. In fact, I am amongst those few who have listed out the USPs of Storme earlier as well. I believe pricing is good at the moment, & waiting for GTO & team to get back with another wonderful thread on the SUV with unbiased review.

Last edited by Technocrat : 18th October 2012 at 02:11. Reason: We do not allow, discussion of Mod actions on Forum, Please use contact us form if you have queries on any Mod Action, thanks
CARDEEP is offline  
Old 17th October 2012, 16:15   #855
rkg
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,041
Thanked: 543 Times
Default re: Tata Safari Storme : Test Drive and Review. More pics: pg 47

Present safari EX without ABS and EBD and rear Disc's is 9.93 ex showroom in bangalore. for pearl white it is 9.98.

Strome with ABS and EBD lx is 9.95.

Even after taking into account a discount of 50K in present EX, the price of storme at 9.95 seems ok. because it has ABS and EBD with rear disc's

Last edited by rkg : 17th October 2012 at 16:17.
rkg is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The long Journey to Storme (Safari Storme) g_prajeesh Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 39 29th August 2016 16:13
Stormed and How! Tata Safari Storme LX Review. EDIT: Sold! narayan Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 287 28th December 2015 22:34


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:23.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks