Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 20th October 2012, 14:13   #1006
BHPian

Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Test Drive and Review. More pics: pg 47

Happened to visit newly opened Concorde motors showroom on Bombay Pune bypass road in Baner. No signs of Storme yet. I guess it was first day of operation for this showroom. One SA told me that Storme will be available in next week, its not released yet in Maharashtra except Mumbai. Pune doesn't seem to a priority market for Storme, seems like all gunta mantri's are busy buying Fortuners and what not
deepaktpatil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2012, 15:53   #1007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
@akhilesh my friend - when you compare prices pls factor the discounts on the current Safari - else are your sources suggesting a 30+30 offer for the Storme (how I wish ) ?
I do agree bro, but please also consider that discounts are 'seasonal'and safari has not always had this kind of discount. Even Nano has discounts going doesn't mean it is not a VFM product.

Secondly, pricing should not just be compared internally but also with competing products from other manufacturers. Other products may have had a upward revision in recent times which Tata may have resisted looking into pending launch of Storme. In fact, Tata has not revised its prices in the current financial year. So, please don't factor consumer scheme as these are largely marketing strategies and are not permanent.

Finally, I see at pricing of a product this way:
Do I need a product? If yes, Do I like a particular product? If yes, Can I afford its Price? If yes, Is the product better than any product in the same price? If yes, BUY.

Now considering, we like the new storme and it is better than other products of SAME PRICE or similar price, I think it justifies its value!

I would never want to buy a vehicle half heartedly because then somewhere in my heart, I will always be trying to justify my purchase when really once a decision is made, we should enjoy our purchase.
akhilesh51 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2012, 17:33   #1008
Distinguished - BHPian

Great capture ;

@ Mr XUV 5 Double O - There's a STORMe Coming your way

Tata Safari Storme : Test Drive and Review. More pics: pg 47-tatasafaristorme14.jpg

Last edited by karan561 : 20th October 2012 at 17:43.
karan561 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2012, 18:39   #1009
BHPian

For all 6 footers who didn't wait for the Storme ( like myself)- Thank God. For all who did, you will be disappointed.

Saw the Storme at Ambi Mall Gurgaon on display today, dragged my wife to have a look.And was shocked

Tata Safari Storme : Test Drive and Review. More pics: pg 47-20121020-18.09.32.png

Tata Safari Storme : Test Drive and Review. More pics: pg 47-20121020-18.08.14.png

The driving position is totally screwed up, My legs were touching the steering wheel like crazy, can't explain in words. In the pictures you see, the wheel is at the maximum height and the seats are pushed all the way back. The sales rep confessed that he has received a lot of complaints on this and is forwarding the feedback to higher ups. How could tata make such a blunder??

Last edited by Joyb : 20th October 2012 at 18:42.
Joyb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2012, 20:31   #1010
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyb
The driving position is totally screwed up, My legs were touching the steering wheel like crazy, can't explain in words. In the pictures you see, the wheel is at the maximum height and the seats are pushed all the way back. The sales rep confessed that he has received a lot of complaints on this and is forwarding the feedback to higher ups. How could tata make such a blunder??
What about seat height was it @ the maximum level up ? Or is there no height adjust ? Im sure if it would be down ( as adjusted by tall passengers )
There would not be this problem.
Old 20th October 2012, 20:33   #1011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561

What about seat height was it @ the maximum level up ? Or is there no height adjust ? Im sure if it would be down ( as adjusted by tall passengers )
There would not be this problem.
Karan unfortunately it was at the lowest height, can't be lowered any further ( Am 99% sure), this was confirmed by the SA as well. That's what has left me shocked

Last edited by Joyb : 20th October 2012 at 20:35.
Joyb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2012, 20:38   #1012
Senior - BHPian

Was the seat pushed completely back? and most importantly how tall are you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyb View Post
For all 6 footers who didn't wait for the Storme ( like myself)- Thank God. For all who did, you will be disappointed.

Saw the Storme at Ambi Mall Gurgaon on display today, dragged my wife to have a look.And was shocked

Attachment 1002913

Attachment 1002914

Last edited by lohithrao : 20th October 2012 at 20:40.
Old 20th October 2012, 20:39   #1013
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyb

Karan unfortunately it was at the lowest height, can't be lowered any further , this was confirmed by the SA as well. That's what has left me shocked
Ok, lets see how TATA Solves this one. Going to be difficult as already into production.
Old 20th October 2012, 20:45   #1014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao
Was the seat pushed completely back? and most importantly how tall are you
Well I think it was completely pushed back. Even if not, if I could have pushed it back any further, my feet would not have reached the pedals. And am 6' 1"

Last edited by Joyb : 20th October 2012 at 20:47.
Old 20th October 2012, 20:50   #1015
AWD
BANNED

If this seating situation for real, there goes the Storme out of my list. I've made somewhat similar comments on the Swift thread too & my Corolla also suffers from a similar issue. Was looking for a comfy drivers seat & had thought Storme to do good here, atleast the Safari made me believe so.

This problem is there in the Scorpio too, notice it closely. Only solution is to drop the seat to the lowest position & steering to the highest.
Old 20th October 2012, 20:55   #1016
Senior - BHPian

Ok, even am 6.1 and i keep the seat completely pushed back and i drive a Safari, you will be shocked much more if you try Scorpio and Bolero

however the best part, even if the front seat is completely pushed back the rear passenger wont have any issue/discomfort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyb View Post
Well I think it was completely pushed back. Even if not, if I could have pushed it back any further, my feet would not have reached the pedals. And am 6' 1"
Old 20th October 2012, 21:01   #1017
BHPian

Finally my long wait for Storme is coming to and end. I was disappointed, and going ahead with the choice which I have never liked before. Yes it is a SCORPIO. Booked not just one, but two. Changed my brothers Quanto booking to a SCORPIO and booked one for me too. So 2 SLEs will be getting delivered in a week's time. One thing I have noticed that it is not as cramped, back seats can be slided if required, ride has improved a lot when comparing with the previous version. But the dash borad looks horrible :( .
Old 20th October 2012, 21:07   #1018
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, how much is it on road? have you TD it on bad road?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-X5 View Post
Finally my long wait for Storme is coming to and end. I was disappointed, and going ahead with the choice which I have never liked before. Yes it is a SCORPIO. Booked not just one, but two. Changed my brothers Quanto booking to a SCORPIO and booked one for me too. So 2 SLEs will be getting delivered in a week's time. One thing I have noticed that it is not as cramped, back seats can be slided if required, ride has improved a lot when comparing with the previous version. But the dash borad looks horrible :( .
Old 20th October 2012, 21:15   #1019
BHPian

Thanks a lot. Yes I didnt almost 25 kmts test drive on almost all kind of surfaces. I'm going for the alloys. This time I'm buying it from Kerala and there is 10K price hike effective from this week. So it will cost me 10.56 including alloys. Dealer will provide parking sensor, 10K accessories (40% of alloys cost covered ) and 5.5K corporate discount.

Bye bye Storme .. hope I will not miss much as I cant pay 11.5 lks for LX with ABS.
Old 20th October 2012, 21:21   #1020
BHPian

BTW Kerala has got amazing raods comparing to Karnataka, so I had to take it to a new road which getting constructed. Still it is not a comparion to Safari or even my Punto on bad/good roads.If it was in Bangalore I would have paid 70K+ more because of the 'off road' tax we , pay there.
Closed Thread