Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 29th October 2012, 11:31   #1171
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Test Drive and Review. More pics: pg 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsofsteel View Post
After innumerable visits to this thread and the reviews section (approximately 10 times a day over the last two weeks), i can see the activity level on this thread has wound down finally.
This is because most of us now know the Storme in terms of its performance, pricing, advantages and disadvantages inside out. Also, we have been able to gather info about it through discussions here and elsewhere.

The only aspect that remains to be seen is the ownership experience which is now awaited eagerly.
Old 29th October 2012, 13:14   #1172
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Off track from Storme discussions, My wish list for Safari Dicor a.k.a. old/classic Safari.

1.Make ABS standard across all variants similar to Storme.
2.Introduce a variant below current Lx with engine tuned to 120 ps (Same as Grande), Offer this at very attractive price.
This will attract more buyers, but at the same time Storme and Dicor's current pricing will remain justified. This thought came after I knew about 75 ps Manza from the forum.
Old 29th October 2012, 13:22   #1173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post

comparison between storme and xuv. Looks like sponsored by Tata Motors and shot in Tata Motors Campus. Though this review highly underrated XUV in front of Storme.
A very poor attempt in making us believe Storme is better than XUV . (was a previous Safari owner, and looking forward for the Storme here in Kerala). He is comparing the VXp and W6 - how good is that ! I would say compare EX with W6 (may be from price perspective??). or take VX 4x4 with W8 AWD.

TML does seem to bring in better quality (interior parts and exterior bits) compared to the previous gen Safari. With the pricing of Storme, would Safari make sense any more !

Last edited by bhagathmp : 29th October 2012 at 13:23.
Old 29th October 2012, 13:31   #1174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishal.R View Post
1.Make ABS standard across all variants similar to Storme.
2.Introduce a variant below current Lx with engine tuned to 120 ps (Same as Grande), Offer this at very attractive price.
This will attract more buyers, but at the same time Storme and Dicor's current pricing will remain justified. This thought came after I knew about 75 ps Manza from the forum.
Adding ABS to the whole line, will only push its price up and also bring it closer to the Storme in terms of features. TML wouldn't want that!

If they introduce anything below the LX, what happens to the Grande? They might as well stop producing it! Well, I guess they already have, who knows.
Old 29th October 2012, 13:46   #1175
BHPian

Wink Re: Tata Safari Storme : Test Drive and Review. More pics: pg 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Adding ABS to the whole line, will only push its price up and also bring it closer to the Storme in terms of features. TML wouldn't want that!
ABS with EBD is standard across ALL Variants of Storme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
If they introduce anything below the LX, what happens to the Grande? They might as well stop producing it! Well, I guess they already have, who knows.
Grande is selling well, though not at par with Bolero.
Name:  146254.jpg
Views: 5556
Size:  109.4 KB
Old 29th October 2012, 13:51   #1176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oops View Post
ABS with EBD is standard across ALL Variants of Storme.

We were talking about the 'classic' Safari or Safari Dicor. Not the Storme.

And the figures are for Sumo, guess Grande is included in it. Can't really say if its selling all that well looking at those numbers. It's well knwon fact, its a dud. But anyways, my comment was in a lighter vein.
Old 29th October 2012, 14:39   #1177
Senior - BHPian

Went to Concorde motors on Hosur Road today to check if they have Storme on display. There was none (Although i vaguely remember reading that they did receive a demo car), when inquired i was told it would not be here for another 2 months .

2 Months seems to be quiet large for ignoring a city like Bangalore, what are other members opinion, or is this statement is incorrect and it would be here sooner?
Old 29th October 2012, 17:05   #1178
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oops View Post
In Tamil Nadu most new Sumos that I am seeing is the Sumo Gold, so I suspect Grande contributes to only a small portion of Sumo Sales.
Old 29th October 2012, 17:08   #1179
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Went to Concorde motors on Hosur Road today to check if they have Storme on display. There was none (Although i vaguely remember reading that they did receive a demo car), when inquired i was told it would not be here for another 2 months .

2 Months seems to be quiet large for ignoring a city like Bangalore, what are other members opinion, or is this statement is incorrect and it would be here sooner?
Indeed we checked at Concorde(Mysore Road) & KHT and got the same info that the vehicle will be launched in December and have no idea why the TATA has left out Bangalore........
Old 29th October 2012, 18:28   #1180
AVR
BHPian

A car launch that took from the 17th October in Delhi to reach Ahmedabad by 6th November (as per sales guy) will take much longer to reach Bangalore so December looks totally realistic!
Old 29th October 2012, 19:56   #1181
BHPian

Posting an excerpt from an interview I came across online - Source - http://www.dnaindia.com/money/report...-years_1757255

Karl-Heinz Servos, project director Ė joint projects, engineering research centre at Tata Motors, recently completed one year at the Indian automaker. Having worked for brands like Volkswagen, Audi and BMW, Servos is now playing a key role in developing future products for Tata Motors, mainly utility vehicles (UV). Servos spoke to Yuga Chaudhari on the companyís plans. Excerpts from the interview:

You have worked on the new Safari Storme. How different is the new model compared to the previous one ?
In the new one, we reduced the body-roll. Even though the Indian roads are not in a very good condition, the ride in this vehicle will be a fantastic compromise between comfort and dynamic. I was working on this car and was trying to make it little softer but not too soft. A lot of refinement has been done in the product. The moment you open the door, you think you are getting into a passenger car. Itís on a platform from Aria with a shorter wheel base, which is probably why it is so dynamic. It is also lighter and has an unbelievable turning circle.

According to you, what will Storme take on Ė the XUV500?
Some people would be comparing it to XUV. But XUV is flashy and for young kids, while Storme is for people who are more settled in life and know what they are doing. It is a real off-roader, while XUV is a different car.

Does it also have inputs from JLR team?
Itís a Tata-only development. Though I work for Tata Motors, we also discuss and share knowledge with the JLR team. Of course, there is international input, there are international suppliers. There will be more knowledge coming in from the JLR team and they belong to us, so itís logical, we are one company.
iceman7 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th October 2012, 21:40   #1182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
In Tamil Nadu most new Sumos that I am seeing is the Sumo Gold, so I suspect Grande contributes to only a small portion of Sumo Sales.
Kerala too. Sumo (Gold) is once again a hit with taxi operators in Kerala.
Old 29th October 2012, 21:42   #1183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
This is because most of us now know the Storme in terms of its performance, pricing, advantages and disadvantages inside out. Also, we have been able to gather info about it through discussions here and elsewhere.

The only aspect that remains to be seen is the ownership experience which is now awaited eagerly.
Im sorry , but I beg to differ .

What people know by now is either not true or not completely true as what ever people know by now is through reviews and road test's which when compared to the quality of Team-bhp's official road test don't hold much water, case in point a video road test comparing the top of the line storme to the xuv w6 a couple of pages back .

Hence according to me the most eagerly awaited thing is the official team-bhp review. And i must ask this considering that its already been 12 days since the launch of the storme , is there going to be an official review ?
Old 30th October 2012, 03:40   #1184
BHPian

Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Hey Guys,

I saw Tata Safari Storme at a mall today, and I think it actually looks quite neat. Not at all outdated in-person, actually looks quite rugged and suits the whole go anywhere attitude. And to be honest, it actually looks better than an uptight Fortunner (dont hate me) and definitely better than an XUV.

Is there a review out here? It looks like a nice buy considering the VFM.
zen kobane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2012, 08:50   #1185
Senior - BHPian

The thread starter and few tbhpians who have experienced the Storme have shared their experience/info on this thread and it is pretty comprehensive and many would form their opinion based on these reports, as it comes from people who are knowledgeable and also who own SUVs/Safari themselves...

it would be disappointing to see their views/inputs being disregarded, it would kill the main essence of this forum.

btw, am sure on this forum not many give much importance to the reviews from any auto-mags, at-least i don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
Im sorry , but I beg to differ .

What people know by now is either not true or not completely true as what ever people know by now is through reviews and road test's which when compared to the quality of Team-bhp's official road test don't hold much water, case in point a video road test comparing the top of the line storme to the xuv w6 a couple of pages back .

Hence according to me the most eagerly awaited thing is the official team-bhp review. And i must ask this considering that its already been 12 days since the launch of the storme , is there going to be an official review ?
Closed Thread