Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 7th November 2012, 13:15   #1231
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Test Drive and Review. More pics: pg 47

Quote:
The dealership staff was also dismissing the Storme as an inconsequential vehicle with just a new "dashboard" and "stepny below the vehicle". Either they have not yet been trained on the Storme or they wanted to push the Safari.

When I insisted that I will go for the Safari only after checking out the Storme, I was told its expected in December.

But I am surprised by the lack of any update from North on any bookings/initial ownerships ? Hasnt anyone on TBHP booked a Storme ? very surprising
Not a bad dealer per se. Mostly an uninformed one. I spoke with my current Safari workshop rep, here in Mumbai. Even he admitted that he has yet not seen the Storme except in brochures and they have not been trained on it. Fault lies with Tata motors and their delayed launch.
Old 7th November 2012, 13:32   #1232
BHPian

i called the dealer in Mysore to get an update and it seems that they have a mail from tata motors saying the south india launch will be around 15th Jan 2013 . At cross roads whether to wait or go for an alternative .

Last edited by Fortuner71 : 7th November 2012 at 13:35. Reason: added few lines
Old 7th November 2012, 17:44   #1233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk_del View Post
For example: One of the SR told me the control on the steering doesnt control the volume of the music system and I cannot scan the channels.
I can answer this one, the SR is wrong. Look at this picture taken from the internet which has all the options available on the steering column mounted control stalk shown very clearly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuner71 View Post
At cross roads whether to wait or go for an alternative .
IMO, if you are not crippled for the want of a new vehicle immediately, the Storme is definitely worth waiting for.
Attached Images

n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2012, 19:49   #1234
BHPian

Im wondering whats taking Team BHP so long for compiling the review? Even the Alto 800's review was posted sooner than the storme's. I do understand that Mod's are doing this our of their normal schedules' but I think that they should post it soon due to the number of people eagerly waiting for it. Nothing against them, their reviews are definitely the most detailed and comprehensive available on net or even better than those broadcasted on TV.

Last edited by Y@SH : 7th November 2012 at 19:52.
Old 7th November 2012, 20:13   #1235
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH
Im wondering whats taking Team BHP so long for compiling the review? Even the Alto 800's review was posted sooner than the storme's. I do understand that Mod's are doing this our of their normal schedules' but I think that they should post it soon due to the number of people eagerly waiting for it. Nothing against them, their reviews are definitely the most detailed and comprehensive available on net or even better than those broadcasted on TV.
May be adding a please would help
I don't think Tata did any change on top of what is covered in first page anyway
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2012, 20:38   #1236
Senior - BHPian

While I understand mods are waiting to get a car for 3-4 days so that a detailed review can be posted, wonder why TML is following such a cautious approach ? The initial embargo on press, subsequent limited media drive and now this regional launch seems very strange. Are there such capacity constraints to justify this ? To top it, not a single thread on any member from North having booked the vehicle.

Originally the news from members who had sources in TML was that the all India launch would be over within a month of the Delhi launch. Now we are hearing Jan 2013. Is TML going back to the drawing board by any chance ?
Old 7th November 2012, 20:40   #1237
Senior - BHPian

I am hoping the team would please also include the ARIA from the TATA stable into the review of the STORME and the SAFARI.

That would be really comprehensive and helpful, for me personally, as well as others I am sure.

I am especially interested in figuring out between the :

SAFARI EX

ARIA PURE LX

STORME LX

As all three of these seem to be coming in at the same price point for me (around 12+ lacs OTR for Company purchase).

Thanks in advance guys!

P.S. How soon is soon?
Old 7th November 2012, 21:41   #1238
BHPian

Here in Lucknow I have seen 2-3 Storme's . I talked to a Sales Manager of Goldrush and he informed that 25 Safari Storms have been booked.
Old 7th November 2012, 23:17   #1239
BHPian

As I remember reading a couple of pages back , TML has not been handing out vehicles to the press for reviewing the storme after its launch and i suppose that is why the official review is taking time. Also even-though Lukeskywalker has already done a review of the storme in great detail, that was a pre-production model and hence there are bound to be some diferences between that and the final outcome .

However TML has screwed it up big time. No proper launch of the vehicle throughout the country, no proper test vehicles for the media people, the staff at showrooms is unaware of the developments.

Many manufacturers make mistakes , but it seems TML is trying to break all records !
Old 8th November 2012, 00:25   #1240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH
Im wondering whats taking Team BHP so long for compiling the review?
TML is yet to give media vehicles, that is why. No publication has been given a Storme yet.
Old 8th November 2012, 08:04   #1241
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
TML is yet to give media vehicles, that is why. No publication has been given a Storme yet.
I wonder how "The Hindu" got it though !
http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...e=large&test=1
Old 8th November 2012, 08:15   #1242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem

I wonder how "The Hindu" got it though !
http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...e=large&test=1
Nope, this article too is from the Lavasa media drive, I know that location personally.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2012, 10:56   #1243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post

However TML has screwed it up big time. No proper launch of the vehicle throughout the country, no proper test vehicles for the media people, the staff at showrooms is unaware of the developments.
Well, I have had an experience to the contrary. I was travelling back home from Amritsar and a few kms outside the city, on the main highway is perched a rather new TM showroom. The showroom caters to the rural areas of Taran Taran district in Punjab. Since it had a very large glass area, like most car dealerships, could easily spot a Storme on display. I stopped to check out the vehicle one more time and for a break - showrooms do serve tea/coffee ...and in this case it was ice tea that I preferred.

Ok so back to the point, considering that the dealer would have dealt with mostly rural clientele, the sales person in charge was very well mannered, and was quite impressive in the way he differentiated the Storme from the Safari. I quickly engaged him in a deeper conversation and learned that he was involved in a comprehensive sales training program on the Storme and that there was a lot of focus being given to the Punjab market- since its Diwali time + the time when the migratory birds return home.

Also the Storme was displayed in the same manner as I saw it in my local dealership. A few boulders placed around and under it, with one of the front tyre on top of a big stone. All in all, I felt the dealer was well prepared in terms of positioning the Storme to prospective customers. Oh yes - was offered a test drive too on a vehicle with test drive vehicle sticker.
rrsteer is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th November 2012, 13:52   #1244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Oh yes - was offered a test drive too on a vehicle with test drive vehicle sticker.
That's great news ..Did you take a test drive ?? How was it ??
Old 8th November 2012, 17:39   #1245
BHPian

Experienced the nee Storme yesterday at Jaipur during outdoor event organised by TML.

The setup was really nice with an obstacle course supervised by trained rally drivers who happily took us in groups in 2 Storme VX 4x4 vehicles for the experience which covered all aspects of vehicles off-roading capabilities.

Had the time to chat up with one such trainer who was supervising our car and he happily quipped that he was mighty impressed with the vehicle's changes. In his own words, this vehicle was miles ahead of the current Indian competition. He even admitted that Land Rover effect has positively been felt in the structural changes of the vehicle.

Another trainer, also a rally participant remarked that reliability has been the main issue with earlier Tata vehicles during competitive & exhaustive rally schedules and Tata seems to have addressed the issue with this iteration and he would happily grab the opportunity to take this car to upcoming desert storm ahead of his otherwise partner, Toyota Fortuner.

Personally, as a Safari Fan and owner, I found one thing that changes the game more than anything else, RELIABILITY.

These vehicles had already participated in 8 days of off-road activities with 2000+ kms of drive and not a single screw, fabric, plastic squeaked or rattled. I am amazed!

I also remember someone mentioning steering positioning issue in the vehicle and while I agree it is not the best, but it was comfortable for 6'1" bloke like me so much so that it did not once hinder my drive over all those obstacles.
akhilesh51 is offline   (14) Thanks
Closed Thread