Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 10th November 2012, 13:46   #1261
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Test Drive and Review. More pics: pg 47

Storme / Safari will give you a Macho/Butch/rough Image but Aria would give you an image of a white collared person. Aria (person) would be better treated at a Valet Parking rather than a Safari.

Anyday Safari/Storme will out-do the Aria in Off-roading.

Last edited by manson : 10th November 2012 at 19:10.
scopriobharath is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2012, 17:10   #1262
Senior - BHPian

Thanks ACM.

The difference between 4x2 vs 4x4 for the Aria is just 95 kilos (kerb weight 2125 vs 2220).

The gross weight shown is for the 4x4 (2720 kilos), while that of the Storme is 2555 kilos.

So about 70 kilos difference between the two.
Old 10th November 2012, 23:26   #1263
BHPian

@lohithrao @enigmatic thanks guys!! its a wonderful vehicle and quite comforable to drive and be driven.
Old 11th November 2012, 00:25   #1264
Senior - BHPian

Who will be first T-BHPian to own a Strome? Still waiting!..Has not the delivery started yet? Even Aria had few TBHPians as owners from day one of launch. Why so much delay for Strome?

Last edited by teamveevee : 11th November 2012 at 00:27.
Old 12th November 2012, 00:54   #1265
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
Who will be first T-BHPian to own a Strome? Still waiting!..Has not the delivery started yet? Even Aria had few TBHPians as owners from day one of launch. Why so much delay for Strome?
Yep has surprised me as well. thought there would be a few already and that this time round they would have sufficent stock in hand unlike with the Aria. The marketing, expansion and distribution strategy is quite odd. Hope they know what they are doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Thanks ACM.

The difference between 4x2 vs 4x4 for the Aria is just 95 kilos (kerb weight 2125 vs 2220).

The gross weight shown is for the 4x4 (2720 kilos), while that of the Storme is 2555 kilos.

So about 70 kilos difference between the two.
The Aria Pride 4X4 and Pure 4X2 do have a 200 kg difference. They have removed some associated metal work as well besides the weight savings of some features bits that differ in the model. But dont remember the context of this topic. For the Storme read some where ( I guess in TG Magazine that Storme 4X2 and 4X4 have a 70 kg difference unlike 135 in the Safari.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2012, 09:40   #1266
Distinguished - BHPian

Prerana Motors is having some sort of MELA to clear the stock of existing cars. The Safari and Aria are getting some really good deals. Get in touch with them for more information.

Also I guess the stage is being set for the Storme launch in Bangalore.
Old 12th November 2012, 15:11   #1267
BHPian

Hyderabad Launch Update - Just got a call from Tata Motors informing the availability of the new Aria Pure,

They also told me that the Andhra Pradesh launch is expected in Last week of Nov 12 and will arrange a test drive for me as soon as it comes here

regards

Rajeev
Old 13th November 2012, 21:22   #1268
BHPian

I booked the Storme in Mumbai on October 18. Early this month I pushed some internal contacts in TML to get some information about the Mumbai launch. The SM called me and said around mid-November. But so far nothing. I'm going to wait out this week and then cancel. My sense is that they are holding back the national launch. Could be many reasons, but it is a telling commentary that not a single BHPian in the entire North has purchased one. Makes you think. Sorry to sound downbeat but these are the facts. I hope I'm proved wrong.
Old 13th November 2012, 22:58   #1269
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Horse View Post
.. but it is a telling commentary that not a single BHPian in the entire North has purchased one. Makes you think.
Come to think of it, how can any one, BHP-ian or otherwise, buy a Storme unless the deliveries have started ?
Old 13th November 2012, 23:03   #1270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Come to think of it, how can any one, BHP-ian or otherwise, buy a Storme unless the deliveries have started ?
Point being made is no one has reported even having booked the Storme. Atleast I haven't seen anyone do that
Old 14th November 2012, 09:13   #1271
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Point being made is no one has reported even having booked the Storme. Atleast I haven't seen anyone do that
So are bookings open to the general public ? The ones who do not have contacts with dealers etc, forget the high contacts in TML ?
Old 14th November 2012, 10:40   #1272
Distinguished - BHPian

I got to say that this is the most uncoordinated idiotic launch that I have seen in the recent past. First they show the vehicle at the auto expo with the Tata big guns standing next to it. Then they hibernate for 8 months while Tata fans are chosen to give *feedback* to Tata motors and then to the public on forums like this. Then they go into hibernation, while Tata fans claim that feed back from them is being incorporated into the product.

Eight months later they launch the product in a half baked launch with a lifeless speaker presenting the vehicle with absolutely no changes from the one shown at Auto expo. And now the vehicle is not available to potential buyers or to the press? (btw all press reports you read are from the limited access given at the launch).

What is up with you guys at Tata Motors? Did you just hire the product team from Hindustan Motors?
4x4addict is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th November 2012, 11:39   #1273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
So are bookings open to the general public ? The ones who do not have contacts with dealers etc, forget the high contacts in TML ?
why the doubt ? arent bookings supposed to be open for folks from the Northern states where the STORME was launched a month back ?
Old 14th November 2012, 12:07   #1274
BHPian

I am not sure how many have been delivered in Delhi. I haven't seen even 1 anywhere. Just on the billboards
Have seen at least a dozen new Safari LX though over the last month. I guess it's driving the sales for the Safari now.
Old 14th November 2012, 12:32   #1275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajitsingh208 View Post
I am not sure how many have been delivered in Delhi. I haven't seen even 1 anywhere. Just on the billboards
Have seen at least a dozen new Safari LX though over the last month. I guess it's driving the sales for the Safari now.
This is interesting , does this mean that no Strome was delivered even booking (or) is the feedback so lackluster that not many booked the Storme in the first place ? If it is the former then i don't see a point of launching the car if deliveries cannot happen , if it is the later then another car from Tata is going the Aria way.

Safari Lx is a extreme VFM variant and i was expecting equally good pricing on the Storme Lx version but currently it is a bit overpriced. Probably a 50K to 80K cut in prices would make it popular and it could compete against Scorpio SLE version. I am looking for a Suv in which i could satisfy my Leh bug without breaking the bank (due to housing loan commitments , do not want to stretch for a XUV) and i hate the Scorpio's bouncy ride (and I personally find the old Safari's brakes scary) but Tata put a spanner in my plans by pricing the Storme so close to the XUV. Oh well , need to wait for another year before discounts starts coming .
Closed Thread