Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 20th November 2012, 18:52   #1306
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Test Drive and Review. More pics: pg 47

Vignesh, most welcome to the forum. Excellent write up and very honest review about the Safari. You should join the review squad of some automagazine for sure.

You said it truly, its not well mannered, but Safari / Stome make thier own ways on the road and off the roads.
Old 20th November 2012, 21:29   #1307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
Amazing write up Vignesh....well articulated. Yes, Safari patrons are indeed in a different league all together.

Which city did you happen to take a test drive at??
Thanks m3..
I took 02 TDs in Delhi (South Extn/Ring Road) and Gurgaon (ABS Motors) and terrapod was at a prepped up large ground in Sec 55, Gurgaon.
Old 20th November 2012, 22:15   #1308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
@Vignesh, Its a nice write-up, but, am not sure if you are the same guy in the other forum [TAI - http://www.******************.com/fo...ml#post228032] with a different name and location [Delhi ?]

Btw, I also see a few similarity with the write-up on "cartrade" web, including the same spelling mistake of "throne" !
I believe you have a point there, Kavi!

Both the posts / write-ups appear to have a common thread.

Notwithstanding all the syrupy write-ups, I sincerely hope the Storme does well and finally manages to reclaim its title.
Old 21st November 2012, 00:04   #1309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
@Vignesh, Its a nice write-up, but, am not sure if you are the same guy in the other forum [TAI - http://www.******************.com/fo...ml#post228032] with a different name and location [Delhi ?]

Btw, I also see a few similarity with the write-up on "cartrade" web, including the same spelling mistake of "throne" !

Anyway, good collective, write-up.
I am the same person.Wanderlust=vigneshkumar31. Thats why I posted the report the same time on both forums.

I dont have anything to do with Cartrade though
Old 21st November 2012, 01:02   #1310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriswe View Post
Is it possible that ex-showroom in Hyderabad less than that of Delhi ?
Yes, since Hyd is closer to Pune than Delhi.
Old 21st November 2012, 12:03   #1311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Yes, since Hyd is closer to Pune than Delhi.
But if you look at the current Dicor's pricing, ex-showroom HYD > ex-showroom DEL

Safari DICOR 2.2 LX BS 4 Rs. 832203.00 DEL
Safari DICOR 2.2 LX BS 4 Rs. 842735.00 HYD

Same for other trims.
Old 21st November 2012, 12:19   #1312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice

But if you look at the current Dicor's pricing, ex-showroom HYD > ex-showroom DEL

Safari DICOR 2.2 LX BS 4 Rs. 832203.00 DEL
Safari DICOR 2.2 LX BS 4 Rs. 842735.00 HYD

Same for other trims.
Well, in that case, I am speechless. All I can think of is...nope, nothing reasonable.
n.devdath is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2012, 12:23   #1313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, in that case, I am speechless. All I can think of is...nope, nothing reasonable.
Haha, Lol!

Really makes one wonder how do the companies arrive at the ex-showroom price! I guess it could be due to some or the other tax that is higher for AP.
Old 21st November 2012, 12:40   #1314
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
May be the local taxes, octroi, etc, is adding up and making the ex showroom price higher.

I know Bangalore Ex Showroom price will be the highest
Old 21st November 2012, 14:53   #1315
AVR
BHPian

Got a call from Cargo Motors Ahmedabad today. Storme has been launched and is available for a test-drive with some 4x4 demo for the next 2-3 days. Will go look it up soon! Finally!
AVR is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2012, 15:32   #1316
BHPian

The ex-showroom price can be checked on carwale also. So, for Tata, you can check the ex-showroom for the same model in Delhi and in your city. This will give some idea as to if in your city the price will be lesser/greate than that of Delhi.

Remember the ex-showroom price Delhi for lx is 9.95 .
So, this means that in Bangalore, it'll surely exceed 10 Lakhs and hence the taxes will also increase. :(
Old 21st November 2012, 15:42   #1317
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Tata Safari DICOR LX Ex showroom price as per TM website

Bangalore: 834287
Delhi: 832203

Safari Storme LX
Delhi: 995000

Hence Bangalore it may be around 9.9 + only but definitely below 10, otherwise 18.7% road tax will be effective for price above 10 L. Below 10 L it is 15.4%
Old 21st November 2012, 21:51   #1318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post
Got a call from Cargo Motors Ahmedabad today. Storme has been launched and is available for a test-drive with some 4x4 demo for the next 2-3 days. Will go look it up soon! Finally!
Very lucky. No call from Concorde Motors Mumbai !!! Still very suggestive of a discordant marketing operation from TML.
Old 21st November 2012, 23:41   #1319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Tata Safari DICOR LX Ex showroom price as per TM website

Bangalore: 834287
Delhi: 832203

Safari Storme LX
Delhi: 995000

Hence Bangalore it may be around 9.9 + only but definitely below 10, otherwise 18.7% road tax will be effective for price above 10 L. Below 10 L it is 15.4%
Chennai Vs Delhi
Safari Lx - Difference of 10K
Safari Ex - Difference of 1k

so what will be the difference for the Storme Lx ?
Old 22nd November 2012, 17:35   #1320
BHPian

I am smitten , the GRIN from my face is just not going - was sad when I had to leave the Storme at the dealer and head back to my car. I would say that this drive back home was the saddest ever after test driving a car.

I just couldn't leave for home leaving the Storme behind, if had extra $$$ even for 50% down payment would have booked it right away.

Yes I have done super extensive test drive of the Storme both off road and on road and I would say that this by far the best product from TATA and the best real SUV available this side of 15 lacs OTR.

Am in ahmedabad, my hometown and Safari Storme has been launched in here.
Tata Motors have made the same off road setup as we see on the videos (Lavasa launch).

Sedan/Hatchback drivers (like me) they are going to love this vehicle mainly because the body roll is very much under control and lane cutting wouldnt be so dreadfull as always perceived for the ladder on frame setup.

I was able to cut lanes at 100 odd very easily and the beast was very much under the control. There is little lag initially but however when you are past that the car leaps ahead like a monster.
The insulation was the best, I would say much better then the competition especially XUV500.
The car is balanced, the steering is well balanced and responsive, there was no play in the steering and yes the small turning radius now makes U turns very easy plus you dont have to disturb the lane of the traffic. Also, was able to do 160 odd easily and it was really a great drive and feel.

I have test driven the XUV500 also but was never smitten or floored by it - this Safari is in a different league all together.

Now coming to the offroad part - initially there was a trained driver (Narendra) who took us through all the obstacles and this guy was controlling the elephant as if it trained dog and Storme was following all the commands from the captain.
The see saw, mountain climbing (>45 as informed), side incline climb,then suspension crusher all things were done and the car just feeling that its made for this. Then he made donuts , I mean the machine is just awesome.

I then took wheel, adjusted myself on the seat (am 6.1, was able to get a very comfortable position) - first took it over the suspension crusher initially I was in a pity as I would be taking the car over that but man it was really not that bad feel as I thought inside the car and it passed through it with no iffs and bits.

Then came the see saw - to get the car on the see saw is no big deal but then balancing it was fun and when you just take a little nudge, the see saw falls down on the other side and the suspension is compressed to the max - the same feel I get when my 90HP hits a little deep pothole. I questioned to him immediately that doesn't this hurt the suspension he just told me that this is the same car used for demonstration at other launches and nothing has happened to it , TATAs have extensively done all this and have come up with the best setup and quality.

Then, was little skeptical to take the mountain climb but he encouraged me to do and so did I. The climb was not that scary but then it had a steep decline as well, I was already feeling the goose bumps in my stomach while descending and to my surprise Narendra told me to break hard on - I did as he instructed and man the Safari just stuck in there and defeated its own momentum - brakes do what is required from them to stop the behemoth.

Now came the most orgasmic part of the off the drive, the turning radius has been improved a lot, and I could make small donuts very easily - aaahh what a feel it was doing it,people watching you from all directions and dust cloud just getting bigger and bigger.

Then I had a quick chat with Narendra - a trained driver plus a part of the launch team of Storme.

The first question I asked him as to why TATA is launching it sequentially in different parts of India - he replied saying that first of all we want the customers to have the real feel of the new safari and for that there will be the same off road setup for all the big region launches.

The second one was the itinerary of launching storme in different regions of India - which he didn't divulge.

I would just say that forget all what you think/perceive about Safari Storme, just do a full test drive. People who have written it off y saying that there is no double DIN or old looks I am quite sure your perception would change for it and for the ones who already like it will be now obsessed with it as I am now.

If this one is atleast 80% as reliable as the Fortuner, this is going to be a great achievement by TATA. I say that even if this one doesn't flies off the shelf like the XUV but it will achieve the momentum laters.

Signing off. Storme is coming guys.

Last edited by scofield : 22nd November 2012 at 17:44.
scofield is offline   (19) Thanks
Closed Thread