Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 26th November 2012, 11:19   #1351
BHPian

Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Test Drive and Review. More pics: pg 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Patience my friend. Just wait for 3-4 days more, and the review should be up. Yes, and then the wait for the launch in your area will start
No offence, but you mentioned 3-4 days on 23rd Nov. I guess it's a week then. Hope you are not following the TML footsteps
Old 26th November 2012, 11:23   #1352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Patience my friend. Just wait for 3-4 days more, and the review should be up. Yes, and then the wait for the launch in your area will start

I am going to read in between the lines here and speculate that you really liked the Storme and would recommend it as a buy ?
Old 26th November 2012, 11:25   #1353
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
I am going to read in between the lines here and speculate that you really liked the Storme and would recommend it as a buy ?
Please be aware, that TBHP reviews are a presentation of all aspects of the vehicle. There is no recommendation or discouragement resolved.
All the facts are presented, and then its upto the users to decide.
That said, I am quite sure that the Storme will evoke strong reactions, both from Safari lovers and detractors, as well as the fence sitters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
No offence, but you mentioned 3-4 days on 23rd Nov. I guess it's a week then. Hope you are not following the TML footsteps
My bad. I actually meant approx 3-4 working days . I assure you there will be no long delays for the review. . We are working with full force on the review, and this is the top priority right now.
However, quality of the review cannot be compromised in the interest of speed.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 26th November 2012 at 11:27.
tsk1979 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th November 2012, 12:22   #1354
BHPian

Quote:
Please be aware, that TBHP reviews are a presentation of all aspects of the vehicle. There is no recommendation or discouragement resolved.
I kind of disagree on this stance from the mods. I personally do like to see you make recommendation (buying or otherwise) for potential buyers, based on various factors. Does it makes sense to plonk 12+ large on this vehicle for what it offers? People will eventually make their decisions, but we do look upto this forum for the expert recommendations. Not everybody knows everything about a vehicle, it's features, capabilities, dynamics/technicalities and the VFM it offers.

Btw, I was just kidding with my other note on the 3-4 days. I know the mods are doing this "job" voluntarily and I donot expect them to work over the weekends. Thanks for the amazing work you guys do on TBHP.
Old 26th November 2012, 12:39   #1355
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
I kind of disagree on this stance from the mods. I personally do like to see you make recommendation (buying or otherwise) for potential buyers, based on various factors. Does it makes sense to plonk 12+ large on this vehicle for what it offers? People will eventually make their decisions, but we do look upto this forum for the expert recommendations. Not everybody knows everything about a vehicle, it's features, capabilities, dynamics/technicalities and the VFM it offers.

Btw, I was just kidding with my other note on the 3-4 days. I know the mods are doing this "job" voluntarily and I donot expect them to work over the weekends. Thanks for the amazing work you guys do on TBHP.
Well put that way, recommendation and discouragement are implicit in the review. All aspects of the vehicle will be covered in full detail. I assure you, by the end of the review, you will be expert in this vehicle
Old 26th November 2012, 12:47   #1356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Thanks, but felt that Wasan at Chembur Mumbai is among the best at TATA. Was acknowledged this even by TATA persons. Which is why I have been taking my Aria to them all the way from Thane though there are 5 outlets of other dealers closer to my home. Have had a good experience with them in the last two years.

That said don't know about the quality of Wasan at Kandivali. But a couple of my colleagues owning Lineas feel Wasan Chembur is better and Kandivali not so nice. Wasan Chembur also services Ford and Toyota in Adjacent buildings.

Will love to try out the TATA owned centre at Worli but that would be even further away for me. Earlier - 12 years back - used to go to TATA owned Concord in city side form my Safari but that Closed down and they were not really good at service then.
I have suffered servicing my Indica at Wasan Chembur for 6 years.

Then 1 year for my dear Manza.

So 7 years with Wasan Chembur.

They have improved - only because of 1 reason - Tata employees are constantly posted (in rotation) at the Service center.

Either from the sales team, or from the plant, or from the feedback department or from customer service.
There is ALWAYS 1 or more than 1 Tata Motors employee going around the service area and the moment he hears an agitated customer they come forward to see what the problem is and get EVERYTHING fixed ASAP.

These Tata guys also have regular meetings & check ups with the GM of Wasan Chembur.
That has helped.

But the attitude of Wasan remains the same.

They tore my celebration edition leather seat and kept me running for 6 months till I had to complain to Tata.
They screwed up sensors in my Manza.

They changed the rack & pinion in my Indica steering - but 'forgot' to tighten the bolt?! and God forbid had I driven any further than a km!

I am not even starting about all the hassles, horrible treatment, unnecessary pressure, dirty cars, dirty seats, minor damages like numbers from number plate missing.

ALL this available on my ownership thread.

and
ALL THIS - when compared with TCRS service. CLASS APART (like Manza) you will suddenly feel nice to own a Tata. Feel proud.
And get a superlative driving experience / ownership experience when you drive out your vehicle from there - with ALL issues resolved.

Simple example:

Wasan ends up removing atleast 1 number everytime from the number plate after washing the car.
And one has to raise your voice or argue for them to replace it back (coz no one in the market is going to give you a single sticker).

I had finally given up and was driving around without 1 letter.

When I went to TCRS - with a missing letter - 'X' from my MH-01-AX-
When they returned the car back - they had VOLUNTARILY replaced the 'X' with a matching sticker.
Without asking, without charging.
Just shows that they care about the cars that come there. And pay attention!

And yes - on that note

Wasan Chembur is BETTER than Wasan Kandivali.

Tata's have a poor hold in Western suburbs of Mumbai.
No good dealerships or service centers. That is why they are yet to capture the 'gujurati' customer base of Malad, Kandivali, Borivali - where Mahindra treats XUV owners as VIP service.

They have opened a Concorde sales in Malad. Let's hope service follows too.

And Wasan has Toyota, Tata & Ford with them. But they always offer best service to the Toyota customers. Even their 'good' service advisors get transferred there and we are left with rude inexperienced people.

Try TCRS once and let me know how you feel.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2012, 14:53   #1357
BHPian

Quote:

Exactly. . Some months back my boss was on a hunt for premium hatch. He asked me for opinion and I gave mine along with pointers to T-BHP oficial reviews. He was very clear that the reviews were good but what about recommendation? For average non petrol head customer this is what is required.
Old 26th November 2012, 15:05   #1358
Senior - BHPian

We are almost going OT here. I agree with the mods as one can never make a recommendation about a car, for this very reason i do not like TV programs which help you choose a car when you call them (Used to happen in Autocar Show).

Each persons requirement's are unique, some (like me) would look at QC of Storme from quiet close quarters, while some others may look at butch looks as Storme does not carry the wheels on the back door. Some may look at space it offers (In terms of seating capacity), while i would look at Space from the perspective of how much luggage can it store.

For example, in the current gen Safari, i dislike its body roll, while i personally know many who just love it as it gives a very comfortable ride.

So a review, in my view should bring out positives and negatives in a car (With limited use being a constraint, i.e. reviewer might drive the car for few weeks and not many years like real owners), and let the readers decide for themselves whats more important for them.

^^ Possibly i am not a Stock tip - Go Buy, kind of guy, I like to research the fundamentals, technical before i buy. Probably would suggest same to him, saves a lot of pain later on.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 26th November 2012 at 15:13.
mayankjha1806 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2012, 17:35   #1359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
^^ Possibly i am not a Stock tip - Go Buy, kind of guy, I like to research the fundamentals, technical before i buy. Probably would suggest same to him, saves a lot of pain later on.
Well, infact all of the members (if I may say so) on the TBHP are not "Stock tip - Go buy" kind of guys. I am speaking for those hundreds who come to this forum to read a review, just because someone said team-bhp gives the best review. And, mind you they may not read the entire review and would look at the "executive summary" and would like a recommendation.

I know this is OT, but I thought of driving my POV in the benefit of the larger community. Case rested.
Old 26th November 2012, 18:28   #1360
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I know this is OT, but I thought of driving my POV in the benefit of the larger community. Case rested.
Point taken. We are though strongly against pushing any manufacturer or their product up or down. What we definitely do though is provide you a very concise set of positives and negatives which should help a person decide based on those paramenters.

At the end of the day, the negatives may not be negatives at all for one person and hence the person may find only positives (see->automatic buy recommendation) while another person may not care much about the positives or strong points of the car and may thus feel the negatives are more emphatic (thus->don't buy). You see we can not possibly recommend or reject a car directly but can definitely help you to arrive at a more knowledgable decision.
Zappo is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th November 2012, 19:06   #1361
BHPian

Sharing the video on making of the Tata Safari Storme TVC that I came across on another forum

Last edited by sachinayak : 28th November 2012 at 19:11.
sachinayak is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th November 2012, 20:17   #1362

I wonder after all this delay and feedback promised weather the Storme team changed anything on the final product..I guess when the review comes out we will know.
Old 28th November 2012, 23:11   #1363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Point taken. We are though strongly against pushing any manufacturer or their product up or down. What we definitely do though is provide you a very concise set of positives and negatives which should help a person decide based on those paramenters.

You see we can not possibly recommend or reject a car directly but can definitely help you to arrive at a more knowledgable decision.
Spot On. The very reason why I am a member of Team-Bhp and a proud one at that. That is what sets Team-BHp apart from every other auto magazine/forum out there.
Here the reviews call a spade a spade.

Here it is very well understood the fact that there is no perfect car for everyone, but rather many different perfect cars for different people.So there can be no verdict of ABC being better than XYZ. For me, yes may be ABC is better but for you it very well may be XYZ or LMN. So how can there be a definitive verdict?

By setting out the pluses and minuses of each car reviewed, the team helps us choose the perfect car for us.

That works a lot better than one person sitting and deciding what would be the best car for us on parameters decided by him.

Kudos to Team-bhp for being Team-BHp and being different.
vibbs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2012, 11:30   #1364
BHPian

2 days and no activity on this thread. Is this the silence before the STORME (pun intended)
iceman7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2012, 12:03   #1365
BHPian

Wait for review is true test of my patience. Every hour I come to this page and look for review. And return empty handed, this too much of a wait for me...
Closed Thread