Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2012, 18:44   #31
BHPian
 
vinj14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 305
Thanked: 259 Times
Default Re: The Dark Knight : Mercedes-Benz C250 CDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
Ask for the VIN number before you register the car - and you can check the manufacturing date easily so the dealer cant fool you
The VIN number would be provided tomorrow so i'll try and dig out its manufacturing date. But the guy warned me that it might show a date from 6-8months back because the process of bringing it from germany, assembling it pune before it's delivered takes that long. Now is he pulling a fast one? Could you de-code your VIN number and tell me if shows the date of manufacture as within a month or two before your purchase?

Thanks. Sorry for bombarding you with questions and requests.

Navigation costs around 50k here. But i was shocked when he said the its not done by the company but they have an affiliation with a private retailer who does the job. And he assured me that there wouldn't be any warranty issues.
Will get back to you when i know more regarding this.
vinj14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2012, 23:22   #32
BHPian
 
madnish30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Delhi
Posts: 318
Thanked: 103 Times
Default Re: The Dark Knight : Mercedes-Benz C250 CDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
The VIN number would be provided tomorrow so i'll try and dig out its manufacturing date. But the guy warned me that it might show a date from 6-8months back because the process of bringing it from germany, assembling it pune before it's delivered takes that long. Now is he pulling a fast one? Could you de-code your VIN number and tell me if shows the date of manufacture as within a month or two before your purchase?

Thanks. Sorry for bombarding you with questions and requests.

Navigation costs around 50k here. But i was shocked when he said the its not done by the company but they have an affiliation with a private retailer who does the job. And he assured me that there wouldn't be any warranty issues.
Will get back to you when i know more regarding this.
Mine was a 3 month old one. 6-8 month one could be tricky, be vary. I got a pre budget car - but a 2012 model not 2011.
madnish30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 14:22   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
W.A.G.7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,096
Thanked: 731 Times
Exclamation Re: The Dark Knight : Mercedes-Benz C250 CDI

Congrats on the Merc! And you got the colour which suits the Mercedes best - black. Ever since I saw Ajay Devgn driving the black Mercedes in Rajneeti, I always felt that if it's a Mercedes, it has to be black !!

Drive safe, and enjoy your new car !
W.A.G.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 18:19   #34
BHPian
 
vinj14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 305
Thanked: 259 Times
Default Re: The Dark Knight : Mercedes-Benz C250 CDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
Mine was a 3 month old one. 6-8 month one could be tricky, be vary. I got a pre budget car - but a 2012 model not 2011.
Thanks. Could you share to the link to the site you used to decode your vin number? I havent had any luck in finding one.
vinj14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2012, 17:33   #35
BHPian
 
madnish30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Delhi
Posts: 318
Thanked: 103 Times
Default Re: The Dark Knight : Mercedes-Benz C250 CDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
Thanks. Could you share to the link to the site you used to decode your vin number? I havent had any luck in finding one.
Saw it on the dealer's stockyard database

@W.A.G.7 : Many thanks! Black indeed!
madnish30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2012, 02:57   #36
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: The Dark Knight : Mercedes-Benz C250 CDI

Great forum guys.. Just wondering, you've mentioned linguatronic in the list of features in your elegance package.. Is that standard or have you paid extra for it? Dad's got the C250 CDI avantgarde trim, and I wasn't sure if it's got linguatronic on it..

Also, does anyone know if Apple integration with the car also includes Siri (iPhone 4s/ new iPad), i.e. could you use the iPhone's voice control from the steering wheel?

Thanks for your help guys..
varunmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2012, 09:58   #37
BHPian
 
vinj14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 305
Thanked: 259 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunmad
Great forum guys.. Just wondering, you've mentioned linguatronic in the list of features in your elegance package.. Is that standard or have you paid extra for it? Dad's got the C250 CDI avantgarde trim, and I wasn't sure if it's got linguatronic on it..

Also, does anyone know if Apple integration with the car also includes Siri (iPhone 4s/ new iPad), i.e. could you use the iPhone's voice control from the steering wheel?

Thanks for your help guys..
Yes you are right. Linguatronic is not a standard feature in the c class. According to the dealer here, a few cars from the Dec to Feb batch had it. I checked because even my c200 avantagarde doesnt have the feature.
vinj14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2012, 20:23   #38
BHPian
 
madnish30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Delhi
Posts: 318
Thanked: 103 Times
Default Re: The Dark Knight : Mercedes-Benz C250 CDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
Yes you are right. Linguatronic is not a standard feature in the c class. According to the dealer here, a few cars from the Dec to Feb batch had it. I checked because even my c200 avantagarde doesnt have the feature.
Mine is March assembled, it does have Linguatronic.
madnish30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2012, 21:11   #39
BHPian
 
abishek2222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 352
Thanked: 160 Times
Default Re: The Dark Knight : Mercedes-Benz C250 CDI

Congrats on the car its beautiful.wishing you many more happy motoring miles. I had the opportunity to get a short test drive the car recently. the interiors are typically Mercedes , the shuttered chubby hole cover behind the gear shift is still there from the previous generation of cars.from what i understood you need to turn the button on next to the gearshift to turn on the sports mode, did i get that wrong.
abishek2222 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2012, 21:21   #40
BHPian
 
madnish30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Delhi
Posts: 318
Thanked: 103 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishek2222 View Post
Congrats on the car its beautiful.wishing you many more happy motoring miles. I had the opportunity to get a short test drive the car recently. the interiors are typically Mercedes , the shuttered chubby hole cover behind the gear shift is still there from the previous generation of cars.from what i understood you need to turn the button on next to the gearshift to turn on the sports mode, did i get that wrong.
Hi! Thanks.

Yes, I do believe that Merc'd interiors are best in the line and drive is only second to BM by a small margin.

Sports mode - yes, a little switch next to the shift stick. Indication can be seen on the MDI. Sports mode is fun, only on open roads there, the 500 nm torque is music to the ears!
madnish30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2012, 23:36   #41
BHPian
 
vinj14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 305
Thanked: 259 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30

Mine is March assembled, it does have Linguatronic.
Oh. This is weird. I don't understand how some cars have it while the others dont. I even checked the cars in the showroom including the new amg editions and most cars don't seem to have it. Guess you are one of the lucky ones. Any updates on the navigation?
vinj14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2012, 23:41   #42
BHPian
 
madnish30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Delhi
Posts: 318
Thanked: 103 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
Oh. This is weird. I don't understand how some cars have it while the others dont. I even checked the cars in the showroom including the new amg editions and most cars don't seem to have it. Guess you are one of the lucky ones. Any updates on the navigation?
Might be to do with variants - either it's specific to C250 or specific to Elegance trim? Not sure... Linguatronic is fun and very intutive and nice - very sad to see it being excluded from latest C's rolling out from the factory.

Navigation - still got a quote of 1.1lac - not going to spend that money on it, got MMI on my phone. If I get it for a good price will get it added.

BTW does your C have mudflaps - mine doesn't and it's rainy season now - any details? Also, the dealer warned me not to drive it in rains - as it has air filters on front bumper which can suck in water and sieze the engine!!! Anything similar for u?
madnish30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2012, 08:24   #43
BHPian
 
vinj14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 305
Thanked: 259 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30

Might be to do with variants - either it's specific to C250 or specific to Elegance trim? Not sure... Linguatronic is fun and very intutive and nice - very sad to see it being excluded from latest C's rolling out from the factory.

Navigation - still got a quote of 1.1lac - not going to spend that money on it, got MMI on my phone. If I get it for a good price will get it added.

BTW does your C have mudflaps - mine doesn't and it's rainy season now - any details? Also, the dealer warned me not to drive it in rains - as it has air filters on front bumper which can suck in water and sieze the engine!!! Anything similar for u?
Yes it came with mud flaps. I wasn't warned about driving in the rains. Sounds quite odd to be honest. I don think there should be any problem.
vinj14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2012, 09:37   #44
Senior - BHPian
 
dkaile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Meerut, India
Posts: 2,988
Thanked: 4,032 Times
Default Re: The Dark Knight : Mercedes-Benz C250 CDI

Congratulations Madnish!! A Merc is a Merc and rest will aspire for the perfect blend of luxury and driving pleasure it provides. The C class is the perfect entry level for the triple star aspirants and it does look classy indeed. Though I feel the rear space is a bit cramped.

Wishing you miles of driving pleasure. Keep revving and updating.
dkaile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2012, 20:31   #45
BHPian
 
madnish30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Delhi
Posts: 318
Thanked: 103 Times
Default Re: The Dark Knight : Mercedes-Benz C250 CDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Congratulations Madnish!! A Merc is a Merc and rest will aspire for the perfect blend of luxury and driving pleasure it provides. The C class is the perfect entry level for the triple star aspirants and it does look classy indeed. Though I feel the rear space is a bit cramped.

Wishing you miles of driving pleasure. Keep revving and updating.
Bang on! A Merc is a Merc. Rear seat is cramped - but compared to 3 series and the A4 - it's the most comfortable - A4 might be a little roomier - but the seat per se is not as comfortable, where as the 3's rear space is too little for a saloon.
madnish30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Issues with my 2012 Mercedes C250 CDI BuBooMan Technical Stuff 18 28th November 2017 18:27
Benz C250 CDI vs C200 CGI ? Which is cheaper to own? amar_1422 Luxury, Imports & Niche 51 30th June 2016 11:29
Mercedes C-Class AMG Edition (C250 CDI). EDIT: Now "Edition C" for the C220 CDI parrys The Indian Car Scene 48 15th November 2013 17:29
Secondhand Prices Mercedes Benz E270 CDI & E220 CDi 03 to 05 canonball The Indian Car Scene 0 12th October 2007 17:34


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:55.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks