Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 16th July 2012, 20:38   #46
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: The Dark Knight : Mercedes-Benz C250 CDI

I see the 530d has been switched to a 7. Wanna substantiate on that?

EDIT - Substantiate some more man lol, how about a full report like this

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 16th July 2012 at 20:47.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2012, 20:40   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I see the 530d has been switched to a 7. Wanna substantiate on that?
Heh, bid goodbye to the Fiver! Now only three segment leaders - all diesel Torquey monsters!
madnish30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2012, 11:42   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
Might be to do with variants - either it's specific to C250 or specific to Elegance trim? Not sure... Linguatronic is fun and very intutive and nice - very sad to see it being excluded from latest C's rolling out from the factory.

Navigation - still got a quote of 1.1lac - not going to spend that money on it, got MMI on my phone. If I get it for a good price will get it added.

BTW does your C have mudflaps - mine doesn't and it's rainy season now - any details? Also, the dealer warned me not to drive it in rains - as it has air filters on front bumper which can suck in water and sieze the engine!!! Anything similar for u?
Hello. Hope the torque monster is doing well. I just have some doubts about the navigation option. AFAIK only the harman becker map pilot system integrates into the audio 20 system of the c class (and the slk roadster). But im not sure if the becker system has indian maps. Could you find out what exactly they are offering you as an add on navigation option? The guys here are clueless.
vinj14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2012, 21:14   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
Hello. Hope the torque monster is doing well. I just have some doubts about the navigation option. AFAIK only the harman becker map pilot system integrates into the audio 20 system of the c class (and the slk roadster). But im not sure if the becker system has indian maps. Could you find out what exactly they are offering you as an add on navigation option? The guys here are clueless.
Yes, all is good

I asked - they said they have maps for Indian metros - which are now standard on the S class and AMGs ONLY. Cost 1.1lac Rupees.
madnish30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2012, 18:03   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
Yes, all is good

I asked - they said they have maps for Indian metros - which are now standard on the S class and AMGs ONLY. Cost 1.1lac Rupees.
Hey madnish,
I've been frantically trying to get the navigation option for my c class. I've spoken to all the relevant people in chennai, mumbai and delhi and they all are saying that command system won't be compatible with the new c class. When they type in my vin number in their system they get a command navigation system option that can be retrofitted. But when they contact mbindia for confirmation and ordering the parts they get a reply saying that it won't work in the facelifted c class!! I'm very curious to know how you were offered this option. Could you please pm the number of the person who offered this to you? Would be of great help. Thanks
Old 4th October 2012, 17:53   #51
GRV
BHPian

Hi Guys

Bought C 200 Avantgarde 2 weeks ago in Gurgaon. May be I can throw some light on some issues here

1. Linguatronic is available with Comand system. I paid 20 k extra for
Comand system and got linguatronic. Other features availale in comand
are : Navigation, and Internet access (sites and mercedes applications)
Note: Comand system can not be retrofitted (as told by dealer
salesman).

2. But the Navigation feature does not work. I am following up with 2-3
different people in marcedes, I got a mail reply from local ASM stating
that the maps that are available in / for India are not compatible with
mercedes format / system, hence this feature can not be used . This is a
Big big disappointment for me

3. Strangely Internet access does not work with all the latest phones from
Anderiod and apple. Comand system connects with your mobile handset
using Blue tooth using a protocol that is outdated (used largely by
windows O/S or blackberry). I have an anderiod phone which is not
compatible with comand system. But there is a way to by pass this (only
for anderoid phones). You can buy (200 inr) an application "Blue Dun"
through google play store, then it allows your anderoid phone to connect
with command system and hence you can access internet and mercedes
applications. I am using it , though the speed of access is slow.

4. The car is great, though mine is petrol (285 Nm of torque) , but still I love it. Went to Jaipur last weekend. While Delhi - Jaipur I was testing it with high speed (I tried upto 180 KMPH) and got a FE of 10.4 KMPL. On my way back I used cruise control a lot but overall it took me 7 hours to reach Gurgaon, but i got a FE of 11.26 KM/litre. In city driving I get around 7 / 8 KMPL

Regards
GRV
GRV is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2012, 18:42   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRV View Post
Hi Guys

Bought C 200 Avantgarde 2 weeks ago in Gurgaon. May be I can throw some light on some issues here

...GRV
Thanks a lot! That clears a lot of issues. So it is true then! No navigation possible for the c class!

Just a question. Did you request for the command with linguatronics? If so did you manage to get a discount, because at 20k its helluva deal! AFAIK all C class cars from q2 of 2012 dont come with command or linguatronics.

The command system can still be fitted in my car. It shows up as an available accessory for my vin number and the dealer is willing to do it. Do you think i should still go for it even though it doesnt come with navigation? Do you think the bigger display, internet access, Video functions are worth the 80k extra they are charging for it?

If you are uncomfortable discussing the costs of these fitments in this thread please do PM me.

Thanks

Last edited by noopster : 4th October 2012 at 20:00. Reason: Please do not quote an entire large post, especially when posting directly after it
Old 5th October 2012, 12:09   #53
GRV
BHPian

Hi Vinj

"Comand Online" is priced at 20 k and is printed on the car price sheet that you get from the dealer.

The dealer told me that there are pieces that come without comand system and there are pieces that come with it (factory fitted). If I buy one with comnand system I have to pay 20 k extra.

You get a DVD player , 10 GB of HDD and internet access (through your mobile phone) for this 20k. Both DVD player and internet access have very limited use, because as your speed goes above 5 KMPH, both of these get deactivated for safety reason.

Only feature I found useful is 10 GB HDD where you can store your MP3 files. But in all cars (comand or no comand) there is a USB port, so you can still play your mp3 using USD drive.

One unique benefit of comand is that then you can install reverse view camera (if you want over and above the sensors, it costs around 35k)

Only useful feature is Bue toothe conectivity for voice telephony which is there in all cars (i.e. in cars also without comand)

In my view if Navigation is available only then Comand is value for money, otherwise it is not worth it

By they way how do you check what accessories are possible against your VIN number ?

Regards
GRV
GRV is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2012, 13:48   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Vinj

"Comand Online" is priced at 20 k and is printed on the car price sheet that you get from the dealer.

The dealer told me that there are pieces that come without comand system and there are pieces that come with it (factory fitted). If I buy one with comnand system I have to pay 20 k extra.

By they way how do you check what accessories are possible against your VIN number ?

Regards
GRV
Thanks.

The command system also has a bigger screen. So were you provided the rear view camera option by the dealer? Is this an original mb accessory or were they talking about some aftermarket product?

You basically have to talk to the spare parts manager and give him your vin number and he'll give a list of accessories that are available for your car. You should get the original rubber allweather mats which are much easier to maintain. This was the list i was given for my car.

1 PEDAL PADS 11543.00
2 QUICK PARK 30988.00
3 REAR ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM (2SCREEN) 130989.00
4 REAR ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM (1SCREEN) 103297.00
5 AMG KIT 276967.00
6 ROOF SPOILER 26673.00
7 TRUNK LID SPOILER 31454.00
8 MEDIA INTERFACE KIT 34470.00
9 COMAND WITH APS NAVIGATION SYSTEM 81431.00
10 DOOR HANDLE RECESS 6135.00
11 ALL SEASON FLOOR MAT 6627.00
12 EXTERIOR MIRROR HOUSING SET 17119.00
13 ADDITIONAL INTERIOR MIRROR 3576.00
Old 5th October 2012, 16:05   #55
GRV
BHPian

The reverse camera is an original accessory and the price was given by their workshop manager in Delhi.

To my surprise the sales man was least interested in selling any accessory. When I told him that please get reverse camera fitted before I take the delivery, he said that I should get it done when I come for 1st free inspection. When I asked what other accessories are available. he answer was there is no need for any accessory as you have all that is needed.

If your dealer has quoted 81 k for command , it must have some other feature. Your list says, command with APS navigation system, may be this system has navigation capabilities and mine one (for 20 k) does not have navigation system. I was reading some other blog on BMW, where it was mentioned that they charge around 91k for activating navigation system

what is quick park ? and media interface system ? Which month did you buy your car ? I have parktronic in my car that automatically detects parking space (under certian conditions) and guides you graphically to park . There is also a media interface where I can connect ipod, ipad or any other media to the comand system

GRV

Hi Vinj

Since your dealer is very active on accessory front, can you check with him what needs to be done if I want to install Distronic in my c class (if we can buy it from USA and get in installed here)

This system (and so many others) are available as option in USA. It means basic capabiility is there in our cars , it is only because of cost reason MB has not included in indian cars.

In my view Distronic and lane change assist system are very relevant for India considering our driving habits and chaotic traffic on our roads.

Note from the Team-BHP Support: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread.

Also please do a Spell Check before submitting a post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 5th October 2012 at 23:26. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
GRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2012, 00:50   #56
BHPian

Quote:
The reverse camera is an original accessory and the price was given by their workshop manager in Delhi.

what is quick park ? and media interface system ? Which month did you buy your car ? I have parktronic in my car that automatically detects parking space (under certian conditions) and guides you graphically to park . There is also a media interface where I can connect ipod, ipad or any other media to the comand system

GRV

Hi Vinj

Since your dealer is very active on accessory front, can you check with him what needs to be done if I want to install Distronic in my c class (if we can buy it from USA and get in installed here)
[/b]
Yeah our cars dont require the quickpark and media int kit. We already have all of it. I guess the dealerships have a few cars with the command factory fitted and you might have got one of them. He might have charged you a little extra for that. But to ordering it separately and retrofitting it becomes an expensive ordeal. The command system is quite expensive (even if you look at used one being sold on ebay).

I dont think Distronic would be possible. No amount of convincing would make these guys try all these adventurous mods. They will only fit whatever accessories show up in their system when you they type in your vin no.
Old 24th November 2012, 00:59   #57

Hey guys, thanks - getting some really good insight by going through some of your posts.. I don't live in India and dad's got the facelift C, which makes is very confusing for me to ring the Bangalore dealership every time I have questions, and as always, they are clueless in most cases.

I was hoping to get some clarity regarding the navigation - I was told the Comand APS maps do not work, but the Becker Map Pilot does integrate with the cars. But, are maps an issue? I did some quick reading online and realised that the maps provider (NAVTEQ) in Europe also have maps for India and are an OEM provider to Harman (who manufacture the Becker Map Pilot).. So, hopefully, they should have a package available.

I tried ringing Harman India's office, but they have no idea of what this is. I was hoping I could bring the Map Pilot from the UK, but with UK maps on it, and later get Indian maps loaded on - not sure if the dealership are happy to do that.

Also, the cars do not have the slot/wiring/connector in the glove-box as the cars do here.. Does anyone know if they are pre-wired to readily accept this device as a plug-and-play accessory?

Thanks for all your help!
varunmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2012, 11:14   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunmad View Post
Hey guys, thanks - getting some really good insight by going through some of your posts.. I don't live in India and dad's got the facelift C, which makes is very confusing for me to ring the Bangalore dealership every time I have questions, and as always, they are clueless in most cases.

I was hoping to get some clarity regarding the navigation - I was told the Comand APS maps do not work, but the Becker Map Pilot does integrate with the cars. But, are maps an issue? I did some quick reading online and realised that the maps provider (NAVTEQ) in Europe also have maps for India and are an OEM provider to Harman (who manufacture the Becker Map Pilot).. So, hopefully, they should have a package available.

I tried ringing Harman India's office, but they have no idea of what this is. I was hoping I could bring the Map Pilot from the UK, but with UK maps on it, and later get Indian maps loaded on - not sure if the dealership are happy to do that.

Also, the cars do not have the slot/wiring/connector in the glove-box as the cars do here.. Does anyone know if they are pre-wired to readily accept this device as a plug-and-play accessory?

Thanks for all your help!
AFAIK the facelifted C's are pre-wired to accept the becker map pilot installation. Its really sad the mercedes offer no navigation option for the C class. I did the same thing you did. Called harman india and mercedes and as expected they were clueless. I just gave up on the idea.
Old 19th August 2013, 21:48   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
AFAIK the facelifted C's are pre-wired to accept the becker map pilot installation. Its really sad the mercedes offer no navigation option for the C class. I did the same thing you did. Called harman india and mercedes and as expected they were clueless. I just gave up on the idea.
Hi guys.. any luck with the C Class Navigation add on option ?
BoeingDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2013, 18:22   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoeingDriver View Post
Hi guys.. any luck with the C Class Navigation add on option ?
Nope I went aftermarket. Dealer recommended a person though.
Makes your display a touch screen one to navigate the maps. Also
gives you the option of a rearview cam.
Resolution is above average but no where near oe standards.
Rear view cam is handy as mercs dont have the graphical park assist
display in their screens.

The Dark Knight : Mercedes-Benz C250 CDI-image_6.jpeg

The Dark Knight : Mercedes-Benz C250 CDI-image_7.jpeg

The Dark Knight : Mercedes-Benz C250 CDI-image_4.jpeg

Last edited by vinj14 : 7th October 2013 at 18:23.
vinj14 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote