Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 24th May 2012, 01:42   #31
BHPian

Default Re: My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Thanks for the update, and the set of awesome pictures. Pretty impressive indeed

MDF for storage bin covers! Thatís quite surprising indeed. Very easy to go off with slight touch of water. Never knew MDF inserts are used in cars.
its more like a thick card board than mdf actually.
daebis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2012, 20:50   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daebis View Post
@ rahul - red looks amazing , wee bit too loud for me.
I am guessing that red hot car in latest MRF wanderer TV ad. is pajero sport. They could hide the 3 diamonds but I think we can guess it is PS only. looks awesome.
avimal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2012, 22:15   #33
BHPian

Yes , the red car in the advertisement is a pajero sport, but iam keen on the mettalic red shade.
rahultomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2012, 22:28   #34
BHPian

@daebis: killer set of pics there, keep em coming.

Also, I am sure people would love a pictorial comparison between PS vs T-Fort / Endy / Captiva maybe.Any chance you can fulfill this wish?

Cheers
quadra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2012, 18:42   #35
BHPian

Great pics dear. Really looks beautiful.

1. Just wanted to know what are the registration charges in chandigarh? And how much does it cost you? Around Rs.85000 i guess? According to 4% for 20L+ charge there.
2. What pressure (psi) are you having in your tyres?
ethan3686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2012, 13:01   #36
BHPian

Hi,

A very neat review of the Pajero Sport.
After reading your thread I too want to go in for a PS. We have our farm near Hisar, Haryana and have Jeeps and Gypsy's to take us around and for the city I have a sedan and H Tucson. Now that i've read your thread all i'm thinking of is the PS.

Crazy love for the PS man, True SUV enthusiast.
BTW are you from Una ??

Cheers

Randeep
randeep04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2012, 14:11   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
its more like a thick card board than mdf actually.
Hi Daebis, how is your vehicle performing these days? Long time no update.

How much have you clocked?
What is your FE so far?
Any issues?
What have been your service costs till date?
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2012, 23:30   #38
BHPian

Congrats on the ride paaji! Great buy! I too was waiting for a Pajero Sport ownership thread alongside with trumpcard. Looks good in white and there is just a different glam factor associated with the Pajero no matter what people have to say bout it... Enjoy your new white beauty. Don't forget to play the song 'Appy Budday' from the upcoming movie KLPD

Last edited by AdiSinghV12 : 28th September 2012 at 23:33.
AdiSinghV12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2012, 19:03   #39
BHPian

Hi,
its been a while and thank you for all the wishes.
To tell you the truth i havent done too many kilometers on it as yet, been pinned in one place, but getting set for an adventure next year.
10000 Kms down, 1 major service.
Cost of service was not bad, got it done in Ludhiana with Northern Motors , did a very thorough job did all the right things, was actually satisfied with the way they treated the car, good job Ashish...

They are recalling all PS to get the re-programming of the engine, which to tell you the truth havent been able to feel any change. Mileage is as Bad/Good as it was before, giving me 8.5 Km/l but then again i do drive fast.

The vehicle does grow on you even more, it is a great ride, the pickup in the mid gears still impresses me. Risk of repeating myself it never ceases to amaze me the power it gets when you need it (while driving fast) and the way it handles in slush/mud..

Great experience- had my family with me , very tight road in an orchard, major rains in Sept, and my car slides and right side goes into a thick mud drain, was a job for a tractor for sure to pull me out, all it took was the low 4 wheel drive, and i have had many experiences with 4 wheel drives, but i had no hope of coming out of this one with tyre buried half way, and i came out like a hot knife through butter.

Since then i have purposely taken the vehicle through every slushy piece of land i could find.

Will write in detail on various wear and tear, music system upgrade, change of the alternator and battery etc sometime in december.

Till then ....
daebis is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2012, 12:49   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
its been a while and thank you for all the wishes.
To tell you the truth i havent done too many kilometers on it as yet, been pinned in one place, but getting set for an adventure next year.
10000 Kms down, 1 major service.
Cost of service was not bad, got it done in Ludhiana with Northern Motors , did a very thorough job did all the right things, was actually satisfied with the way they treated the car, good job Ashish...

They are recalling all PS to get the re-programming of the engine, which to tell you the truth havent been able to feel any change. Mileage is as Bad/Good as it was before, giving me 8.5 Km/l but then again i do drive fast.

The vehicle does grow on you even more, it is a great ride, the pickup in the mid gears still impresses me. Risk of repeating myself it never ceases to amaze me the power it gets when you need it (while driving fast) and the way it handles in slush/mud..

Great experience- had my family with me , very tight road in an orchard, major rains in Sept, and my car slides and right side goes into a thick mud drain, was a job for a tractor for sure to pull me out, all it took was the low 4 wheel drive, and i have had many experiences with 4 wheel drives, but i had no hope of coming out of this one with tyre buried half way, and i came out like a hot knife through butter.

Since then i have purposely taken the vehicle through every slushy piece of land i could find.

Will write in detail on various wear and tear, music system upgrade, change of the alternator and battery etc sometime in december.

Till then ....
Oh dude we need an update, its December, I really would like to know more about the audio setup you used, did you get a 2din system or single. I am torn between this and the Rexton, while I have booked both, have to cancel one by Friday.

Please do update soon, before Friday if possible. Thanks
eq24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2012, 22:06   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq24 View Post
Oh dude we need an update, its December, I really would like to know more about the audio setup you used, did you get a 2din system or single. I am torn between this and the Rexton, while I have booked both, have to cancel one by Friday.

Please do update soon, before Friday if possible. Thanks
Hi,
i have no idea about the rexton.
Rexton seems very similar in specs, and cheaper.

I have done 16000kms, no problem at all.

A russian has done a comparison, so here's a translated copy-
"Well, both cars have proven that have the title SUVs for a reason, however, their cross as less than, if you take their classic older brothers, BUT! and they cost much less. Leaving the same roads, the difference in general can not be overlooked. As for the differences between the cars, then had time to catch the fancy of Mitsubishi driver provokes a more aggressive driving, SsangYong, in turn, offers a more impressive and less active style of riding. As they say - the taste and color ..."

Mine i would choose a PS everyday, specially when it was manufactured in Thailand.

Have been a Mahindra owner for 13 years, and pajero for 9 months.
If Rexton has too much of Mahindra touch then its finish may not be as refined, if not, it should be fine..

Drive them both, i would get the rexton if i was more in the cities and highways, PS if more of inter-village, farms, etc..

Havent done the music sytem as yet, but got my entire equipment...

Mouth watering-
Clarion single din CZ702
Amps-
hifonics Dclass 2700Watts
Arc Audio KS300.4
JL audio 450/4 slash

Speakers -
Dayton Reference series
7"woofer, 3"dome mid, silk tweeter
2 Dayton 10" HO Subs
Running them with an active crossover (waiting for the crossover modules)..

Lightforce fog lamps

Planning on getting philips HID kit

Goona try and get Jasdeep and co. to do what i want, lets see if they oblige.
January 13..........
daebis is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2012, 10:40   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
i have no idea about the rexton.
Rexton seems very similar in specs, and cheaper.
Very true.

Quote:
I have done 16000kms, no problem at all.
But this is what a Pajero gives you.

To add to it, if I could afford a Pajero Sport, I d pick it up as long as I was ok with a manual tranny. Also, the fact that the PS is very involving vehicle to drive compared to the Rexton, a fact substantiated by ALL reviews, only adds to the pleasure.

The PS is like one of those vehicles which you buy once and keep for a lifetime. Take your pick.
Old 11th December 2012, 12:03   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Very true.

But this is what a Pajero gives you.

To add to it, if I could afford a Pajero Sport, I d pick it up as long as I was ok with a manual tranny. Also, the fact that the PS is very involving vehicle to drive compared to the Rexton, a fact substantiated by ALL reviews, only adds to the pleasure.

The PS is like one of those vehicles which you buy once and keep for a lifetime. Take your pick.

Absolutely, as devdath says, its gonna be for life.
My personal feeling -
1. I am not an A/T person, i drive fast and love the control i get from Manual..

2. This is the first vehicle in my life (after having owned a number of them) which for me gives me value for money its high end and not as expensive to maintain like others.

3. Usually after buying something new after a few months its not that you dont enjoy your purchase but your mind starts to wander, that what will be my next upgrade... For me with the PS, my mind set is this is gonna be like my work horse forever, will buy another car/suv along with it and i dont want to get rid of it.

4. Last while driving it, i see so many SUVs i just dont want them, the only vehicle i would like to own would be a full SUV size evoque if they ever make one... other than that i see so many great great SUVs on the road, no desire when you in one.

Not a single extra noise , no squeeking, doors shut as smooth as on the first day, never happened to me before...
I guess for me it has handled so well in the farms and broken roads knowing that damage to it will not be as high as literally buying another car.

In simple words PS for some may not be exciting enough , for me it does exactly what it is supposed to and what i want it to do, no more no less....

I hope this helps, i will be biased, but for a good reason.
daebis is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2012, 14:15   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely, as devdath says, its gonna be for life.
My personal feeling -
Very well summed up Daebis.

How much has your Pajero clocked and what has been its average FE so far? Also, can you post some pics, especially of the interior please?
Old 8th March 2013, 16:46   #45

Hi All

I took delivery of my ps on the 9th of Feb. So far done about a 1000kms of mostly city driving. Totally peaceful so far. First service was done a couple of days back and I think she has become smother still...Swapped out the music system for the mitsubishi oe unit that comes in the high end model in the phillipines which comes with touch screen, navigation, dvd, bluetooth etc...yet to play around much with it but sounds great and looks good!

Will post pics and update soon...
motorotor is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote