Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 6th April 2006, 20:33   #1

Default 600 Km on a Black Fiesta 1.4 petrol

A die-hard fan of a palio ever since I sold it last Dec!! Every heard the song by savage garden in his song Affirmation has "I believe you can't appreciate real love till you've been burned " Well thatís true for sure!!
My hunt began last Dec for a replacement car, wanted to get everything that Palio d was + BOOT + Back row space + more comfort + city commuter + Economical + Quite + decent looks!
Believe you me not a Single car other than the Skoda Laura was no my liking not one other had the tank like feel!! Until I tried the fiesta!!
Saw one on the road the other day and mistook the back for a C!!!! {ďPlz buy that so that I feel good " LOL} Test-drove both the 1.6 and 1.4! 1.6 is mind-blowing performance and handling but dint want my fuel bill to be high so decided that a little Compromise on the power made more economical sense.
First impressions of my car!
Very good paint job, Fit and finish were much better that older fords, quite interiors (Something I missed in the palio) good driver visibility.
Black has always been my first choice on cars so it was to be a Black 1.4!
Smooooooooooooooooth as silk engine and gear box, miss the grunt of the palio d but this baby is extra smooth love it in city drive mode very torque`y .A new feature is the auto acc IE so that ur car does not stall ford eng have introduced a feature that automatically increased the rpm if it finds the engines are going to stall, very useful in slow traffic condition DONíT need to acc just release the clutch and your off!!
AC is VERYYYY powerful, takes the Cochin heat very nicely.
Havenít done any stunts on the car cause I want the engine to set in , will update when I do

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/26651.jpg
dch_vaibhav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2006, 21:32   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new ride ....
Nice review .... plz post more pics
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2006, 22:59   #3
Senior - BHPian

congratulations ..
it's a great feeling when you totally love the car you have bought ..

Post more snaps in your T-BHP garage.
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2006, 10:28   #4
Senior - BHPian

Vaibhav,

Congrats on your ride! Let me know how your FE comes along, I don't think you would have been disappointed if you had gone in for a 1.6 either (apart from initial higher investment).

My 1.6 SXI is consistently delivering between 11 & 11.5 kmpl so far in the city.

Cheers!

Suman
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2006, 10:39   #5
BHPian

Congratulations buddy.

Hope you have many years with your new ride.

Couple of questions.

a) Does it come with a rear defogger?
b) Did you compare and drive the 1.4 AVEO and if yes , what were the differences you observed and your rationale for going with the Fiesta.

Thanks..
-Sumit
sumitsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2006, 11:18   #6
Senior - BHPian

Yes 1.4 Petrol comes with Rear Defogger. Secondly you cant compare the two. Both are good in their own repects. 1.4 Petrol Fiesta will definately give more FE anyday than Aveo 1.4. The aveo can outperform fiesta anyday in terms of performance.

Though Aveo back is quiet good and front looks good from a Distance but if you see closely it looks like compressed optra with bigger height. where as Fiesta looks good from front (The looks from front are common) though back of fiesta makes the car look smaller. Both the cars have good interiors IMHO.

Your views may be different.

So cheers !!!

P.S. The info i have given is totally unbiased.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitsingh
Congratulations buddy.

Hope you have many years with your new ride.

Couple of questions.

a) Does it come with a rear defogger?
b) Did you compare and drive the 1.4 AVEO and if yes , what were the differences you observed and your rationale for going with the Fiesta.

Thanks..
-Sumit
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2006, 15:01   #7
BHPian

Thanks Abhibh,

Helps clear a lot of things. However, these Ford guys need to update their website as well as their brochures. Each mentions that the 1.4 Fiesta does not come with Rear Defogger which just makes it look less attractive compared to the 1.4 AVEO.

-Sumit
sumitsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2006, 18:18   #8

Hi,
Nine did not come with the rear defogger the 1.6 does.
Did not actually compair the ford to the cheve because my c brother had a near miss being burnt to death in his sail 1.4, it happened within days of him having bought the car some electrical malfunction caused a fire that almost caused him and his family thier lives. havent stepped into another gm car since. what was more disturbing was the fact that gm apart from the appology letter dint not do any research to find out what caused it nor call.
Old 8th April 2006, 00:14   #9
Senior - BHPian

Nice review dude. Post some more pics.

Sad to know what happened. But will like to clear one thing. Electrical malfuntion can happen with any car be it a GM or a Ford. Heck it recently happened to a Ferrari so that does not mean you keep away from her. Anywayz God forbid from such things happening.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2006, 00:35   #10
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dch_vaibhav
A new feature is the auto acc IE so that ur car does not stall ford eng have introduced a feature that automatically increased the rpm if it finds the engines are going to stall, very useful in slow traffic condition DONíT need to acc just release the clutch and your off!!
Hey.. this happens with all MPFI cars... but the clutch needs to released a little carefully.... though the rpm does increase.
Has ford really done some extra work on this feature or its the same as in all MPFIs?
SLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2006, 08:44   #11

Hi slk,
Have been a pro desiel guy, so found driving petrol cars always a lil problem as the need to acc was always there only in petrol cars unlike d, but the fiesta is the same i need to release the clutch and ones off not an issue to release it to soft !!
Old 9th April 2006, 21:54   #12
BHPian

Completed 3500 Kms and approaching the second servicing of my Fiesta 1.4, in a couple of days.
Took it to Mumbai thrice, touched 170 and didn’t even know it. Passed a Scorpio like it was standing, and had a look at the speedo and I went "what the hell", got it down to more saner speeds.
Took it to Mahableshwar the other day, and it was the best drive I had in ages. The Khambatki ghat was a breeze and touched Mhabi in 2:15 hrs from Pune, driving at night, with no risks.
FE is decent, and no hassles yet, except for the horn which doesn’t sound all that good sometimes.
The best thing, which I like about this car, is the handling. You can almost point it in the direction you want it to go and it will do that every time. Yeah I do miss the fact that it can’t pull it up in the lower gears, but once in top gear, it’s as steady as a rock.
Extremely happy with Ford service, and the Fiesta freebies which I keep getting.
The only unsatisfactory part is the MRF tyres, which got punctured, twice in these 2 odd months. Wish I had got them Bridgestone’s.
Planning to get a spoiler and a chrome front grill.
I am happy with my car, and glad that I spent my money well.
RacingForIndia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2006, 21:55   #13
BHPian

Oh and you should hear her scream once you go past the 5000 RPM.......... lovely.
RacingForIndia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2006, 22:49   #14
BHPian

congrax vaibhav !! looks like you really enjoying the car ... and why not ... i like the dials ... do post more pics.

p.s i disagree with you on the performance front abhibh ... just coz the aveo is 10hp up on its ford counterpart doesn't automatically translate to 'better' performance ... the real test in on the road.
Fiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2006, 12:06   #15
Senior - BHPian

Hey Racingforindia, glad to hear you are having fun!! I'm having a BLAST with my 1.6sxi on empty stretches (and sometimes through traffic too, when I'm in one of my "who cares" moods!) and yes, with you - a lot of times you don't realize how fast you are going till you look at the speedo!
suman is offline   Reply With Quote