Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 20th June 2012, 13:14   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Living My Pride : Honda City VMT (Golden Angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00nuts001 View Post
Problem is, SS guys say it is because of the Motevo unit, since the wiring has been cut, while the Relaince Service men, whom i had sent to the SS, say the wires have not been cut at all.
How will I ever solve this out?
HELP!
Well in this case only Honda guys can do something i.e. solve the problem. Ask them to take some photos of the wiring and show it to the reliance guys.

Airbag is very important component. Try to avoid aftermarket fitments. They may also refuse to honor warranty!

Last edited by bluevolt : 20th June 2012 at 13:16.
bluevolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2012, 14:30   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt

Well in this case only Honda guys can do something i.e. solve the problem. Ask them to take some photos of the wiring and show it to the reliance guys.

Airbag is very important component. Try to avoid aftermarket fitments. They may also refuse to honor warranty!
Hi bluevolt. I have got the people from Reliance to the hond workshop. They have clearly shown the coupler to coupler connection. This should not void the warranty. I am at their showroom and they have estimated INR 25k approx. I will make sure i make them pay.
00nuts001 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2012, 16:12   #18
BHPian

This is how the conversation proceeded:
Me - what is the core reason of the trouble?
Honda SA - Sir the wire coming out of the fusebox directly has caused the problem. The warranty has lapsed because of the same.
Me - Is there any other issue which could have caused this?
Honda SA - No Sir.
Me - Sure?
Honda SA - Yes Sir.
I Asked the Reliance AutoZone Staff to explain where the coupler-to-coupler were placed.
Reliance SA - This is where the wires are placed.
Me (to Honda SA) - so that clears it?
Honda SA - Yes Sir. The problem is because of these red wires going from the fuse box.
Me (with a discreet smile) - so where do these wires go?
Honda SA - to the rear camera and sensors.
Me (a-la Sherlock Holmes of our times) - And that is the cause?
Honda SA - Yes sir.
Me (almost gesturing an "elementary, Watson" imitation) - So those installations were done by Pearl Honda when I bought the vehicle. So you guys handle the payment.
Honda SA (Going into a shock) - Err.. Umm.. Let me find out.. let me see(Etc Etc).

I knew they could not refute their own installations.
Ta-Daaaa.
They've decided to put in the replacement under warranty.
In addition, I've also placed a call to Honda One-to-One to double-loop the issue, and get a good and timely service.
Kudos to Reliance Autozone at Ambience Mall (Aditya, Rana, Vipin, Sunil) for assisting in this. The Motevo Sales Team (Vijai) was equally supportive.
I Also feel Pearl Honda SS team is not bad as well. They were not discourteous and were understanding. Perhaps their team of workers needs to be strengthened / trained. why would the SS team put in a wire to the fuse box is beyond my understanding.

Thanks all!
00nuts001 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2012, 18:07   #19
BHPian

Quote:
This is how the conversation proceeded:
Me - what is the core reason of the trouble?
Honda SA - Sir the wire coming out of the fusebox directly has caused the problem. The warranty has lapsed because of the same.
Me - Is there any other issue which could have caused this?
Honda SA - No Sir.
Me - Sure?
Honda SA - Yes Sir.
I Asked the Reliance AutoZone Staff to explain where the coupler-to-coupler were placed.
Reliance SA - This is where the wires are placed.
Me (to Honda SA) - so that clears it?
Honda SA - Yes Sir. The problem is because of these red wires going from the fuse box.
Me (with a discreet smile) - so where do these wires go?
Honda SA - to the rear camera and sensors.
Me (a-la Sherlock Holmes of our times) - And that is the cause?
Honda SA - Yes sir.
Me (almost gesturing an "elementary, Watson" imitation) - So those installations were done by Pearl Honda when I bought the vehicle. So you guys handle the payment.
Honda SA (Going into a shock) - Err.. Umm.. Let me find out.. let me see(Etc Etc).

I knew they could not refute their own installations.
Ta-Daaaa.
They've decided to put in the replacement under warranty.
In addition, I've also placed a call to Honda One-to-One to double-loop the issue, and get a good and timely service.
Kudos to Reliance Autozone at Ambience Mall (Aditya, Rana, Vipin, Sunil) for assisting in this. The Motevo Sales Team (Vijai) was equally supportive.
I Also feel Pearl Honda SS team is not bad as well. They were not discourteous and were understanding. Perhaps their team of workers needs to be strengthened / trained. why would the SS team put in a wire to the fuse box is beyond my understanding.

Thanks all!
Good to know that your problem was resolved... by far in my experience I have found Honda after sales to be one of the best... my city also came from pearl honda btw...
abhimanyu_singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2012, 15:48   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh

Good to know that your problem was resolved... by far in my experience I have found Honda after sales to be one of the best... my city also came from pearl honda btw...
Hi Abhmanyu. Where do you get it serviced from?
IMO the staff undertaking the service of such highly complicated electricals are not capable of grasping the know hows.
00nuts001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2012, 11:02   #21
BHPian

Got the vehicle for now. One part out of 2 replaced under warranty. The other is yet to come from Honda. Expected by 2nd June. As of now the foll not working.
Cruise control
Reverse Camera
Airbag light still on
Awaiting the details from Pearl Honda.
Old 25th June 2012, 12:39   #22
BHPian

Hi 00nuts001, Good to hear that the warranty on your GA is still valid. That was a hair line escape you had there. I own the same Honda City, but the color is Carnelian Red. Got the same in March 2012. Now coming to the last post, how come Cruise Control is not working? Did they detach the connection considering some safety reasons or the problem happened due to wrongly done installation?
rgds
KL01BE
KL01BE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2012, 14:08   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01BE
Hi 00nuts001, Good to hear that the warranty on your GA is still valid. That was a hair line escape you had there. I own the same Honda City, but the color is Carnelian Red. Got the same in March 2012. Now coming to the last post, how come Cruise Control is not working? Did they detach the connection considering some safety reasons or the problem happened due to wrongly done installation?
rgds
KL01BE
Thanks brother. That was a close shave.
They have detached cruise control till the 2nd component is received and installed.
I love the color you own. Some pics? Whats your ownership experience? Any accessories?
Old 27th June 2012, 15:13   #24
BHPian

I guess these are testing times for me. After receiving the vehicle, i realized that the steering wheel was slightly misaligned. Took GA to the workshop at pearl honda. The entrance is on a slight linear incline. I parked and forgot to engage the hand brake! Imagine my pain when i was told 5 mins after i entered the showroom that my vehicle had rolled and had hit a pillar bang on the middle of the boot!
Again, very professional of the pearl honda guys who immediately booked it for repairs undr warranty. Will get the vehicle after the boot door is replaced probably by Friday.
I can only imagine what could have happened had GA rolled onto the main road!
Will update on the details later. Please pray for my GA. I am turning superstitous now..Nazar lag gayi :-(
Old 27th June 2012, 15:27   #25
BHPian

Did they cover the boot repair under warranty ? Your *** guys seem to be unbelievably nice.
JediKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2012, 17:54   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight
Did they cover the boot repair under warranty ? Your *** guys seem to be unbelievably nice.
Hi JediKnight. Yes they did. The manager works at pearl honda came out with me, inspected the vehicle, held my hand reassuringly, took me inside, himself brought me a glass of water, made me sit in his office and called his bodyshop manager asking her to take special care of my vehicle. Really unbeleivable.
Old 5th July 2012, 09:42   #27
BHPian

Finally got GA back. Up and running like new. 2 small hiccups yet to be fixed:
The rear sensor display had been removed. The authorised agent will fix that today.

The rear number plate light silver garnish was not in stock. The SS guys will fix that soon.

It's a wonderful feeling to be back in the seat after almost ages.

At the risk of speaking too soon, must compliment Rakesh at Pearl Honda for his assistance.

If all goes well, i will drop a formal appreciation. I know the importance of recognition in the service industry.

Will continue to share my experiences. Thanks for reading.
00nuts001 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2012, 07:46   #28
BHPian

Rain rain go away, me and GA want to play!
With the Gurgaon roads flooding every time even with the shortest of showers, i was quite nervous as i drove back home yesterday. Was worried of the ground clearance and the water seeping in. Should not have, because GA went where every other car did with no issues.
The best time to check headlights is when it becomes dark due overcast, and the other drivers have not turned their lamps on. I guess GA needs a better pair of eyes than the stock one. Please suggest.
Old 14th July 2012, 11:11   #29
BHPian

First, Congrats on your new purchase.

Quote:
That was a close shave.
They have detached cruise control till the 2nd component is received and installed.
Quote:
The manager works at pearl honda came out with me, inspected the vehicle, held my hand reassuringly, took me inside, himself brought me a glass of water, made me sit in his office and called his bodyshop manager asking her to take special care of my vehicle. Really unbeleivable.
Man you are really lucky to have such close shave twice within a very short period.
Kisi Ki Nazar Nahi Laagi Hai, Sir, you need to be more careful while driving and parking your car. While you are concerned about what would have happened, had GA rolled on to the road, please give a thought that in such case it could have caused injury to a pedestrian or even a car passing by. This is why you need to be more careful in the future.
Anyway, all is well that ends well. So drive carefully and take care of GA.
Sommos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2012, 13:28   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
First, Congrats on your new purchase.

Man you are really lucky to have such close shave twice within a very short period.
Kisi Ki Nazar Nahi Laagi Hai, Sir, you need to be more careful while driving and parking your car. While you are concerned about what would have happened, had GA rolled on to the road, please give a thought that in such case it could have caused injury to a pedestrian or even a car passing by. This is why you need to be more careful in the future.
Anyway, all is well that ends well. So drive carefully and take care of GA.
Hi Sommos. Thanks for the advisory. I have been driving since the past 20 yrs or so. This kind of an episode i have never faced. sometimes, its sheer bad luck.
In any case, as i said earlier, my driving has become really sedate nowadays.
thanks for the concern mate!