Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2012, 09:33   #181
Senior - BHPian
 
h@r$h@l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: GJ1
Posts: 1,426
Thanked: 677 Times
Default

Is there any way to sync the phone book with the i20 bluetooth kit? I got i20 crdi asta.

In my punto when someone calls me i get the name displayed where as in the i20 only the number is displayed in the +919xxxxxxxx format. Also upon first time pairing it didn't even ask me for any phone book related options.

Any help on this would be great.

Thanks.
h@r$h@l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 08:29   #182
BHPian
 
guyfrmblr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 937
Thanked: 1,913 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l
Is there any way to sync the phone book with the i20 bluetooth kit? I got i20 crdi asta.

In my punto when someone calls me i get the name displayed where as in the i20 only the number is displayed in the +919xxxxxxxx format. Also upon first time pairing it didn't even ask me for any phone book related options.

Any help on this would be great.

Thanks.
The HU of i20 supports the bluetooth phonebook access profile. I had run some bluez commands from my linux OS to check the Bluetooth profiles supported by the HU. I found out that it supports Hands-free profile - for voice communication, A2DP - for music streaming, Phonebook Access profile - for syncing the contacts. It does ask you explicitly the permission to sync your contacts when pairing for the first time. I'm able to see all the names on the display.

Which phone are you trying to pair?

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 12th July 2012 at 08:41.
guyfrmblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2012, 11:20   #183
Senior - BHPian
 
h@r$h@l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: GJ1
Posts: 1,426
Thanked: 677 Times
Default re: 1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
The HU of i20 supports the bluetooth phonebook access profile. I had run some bluez commands from my linux OS to check the Bluetooth profiles supported by the HU. I found out that it supports Hands-free profile - for voice communication, A2DP - for music streaming, Phonebook Access profile - for syncing the contacts. It does ask you explicitly the permission to sync your contacts when pairing for the first time. I'm able to see all the names on the display.

Which phone are you trying to pair?
Hey,

Thanks for your post. I was trying with my Defy +. Seems during first time either it didnt ask me about Phone book sync or i missed it. But i deleted the phone and re paired it and all done. I even tried playing music from my Phone to the Car Audio via BT and it worked fantastic. I love this feature. NO USB. No AUX. NO WIRES

Thanks once again.

Regards,
h@r$h@l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2012, 12:11   #184
BHPian
 
ssjr0498's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Blr-Ccu
Posts: 641
Thanked: 118 Times
Default re: 1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review

Hello,

I bought myself a Bronze i20 Crdi Sportz on the 11th of this month. I liked the feel of this car, however, a couple of things have been troubling me! Guru's please help! Please tell me if this is me of is this a issue with all the new i20's

1. Clutch makes a "chak" sound when the clutch pedal is pressed/depressed
2. Clutch engagement is not very smooth
3. Difficulty in engaging 1st, more often than not I have ended up engaging 3rd!
4. Rear right shock makes a tak tak sound when the car climbs over a small ramp with the right side compressed totally and the left side uncompressed..

I got the 1st service done yesterday as I covered 2200kms in 2 days!! Went to Advaith Hyundai on Bannerghatta road, I informed the service advisor about the above problems, however, none have been rectified.

In addition, the SA says that the door autolock cannot be enabled in the new gen i20. He connected the Scanner and tried doing it, everytime that he tried, it gave a "Communication Error" on the dislplay screen (scanner). Is there some other way to enable this feature? Has anyone got this enabled on their 2012 i20?

Guru's please help!
ssjr0498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2012, 13:30   #185
kcz
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 31
Thanked: 12 Times
Default re: 1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Hello,

I bought myself a Bronze i20 Crdi Sportz on the 11th of this month.
Congrats ssjr0498 on your purchase... Can you please let me know what your wait time was for getting the car?

My apologies for not being of help about the questions you asked. I have been waiting for the delivery of i20 CRDi sportz for almost 50+ days now :(
kcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2012, 15:42   #186
BHPian
 
Ranjimso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 116
Thanked: 19 Times
Default re: 1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcz View Post
Congrats ssjr0498 on your purchase... Can you please let me know what your wait time was for getting the car?

My apologies for not being of help about the questions you asked. I have been waiting for the delivery of i20 CRDi sportz for almost 50+ days now :(
KCZ - where have you booked the car from? My friend booked his i20 CRDi Asta from Advaith Motors on June 13th and he got his car delivered on July 6th.
Ranjimso is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2012, 16:16   #187
kcz
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 31
Thanked: 12 Times
Default re: 1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjimso View Post
KCZ - where have you booked the car from? My friend booked his i20 CRDi Asta from Advaith Motors on June 13th and he got his car delivered on July 6th.
Hi Ranjimso,

I booked it from Advaith Motors, Outer Ring Road. Would you be able to get the details of the vehicle from your friend, please? I can use that to confront Advaith guys.

Thanks,
Kiran
kcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2012, 16:39   #188
BHPian
 
Ranjimso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 116
Thanked: 19 Times
Default re: 1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcz View Post
Hi Ranjimso,

I booked it from Advaith Motors, Outer Ring Road. Would you be able to get the details of the vehicle from your friend, please? I can use that to confront Advaith guys.

Thanks,
Kiran
Kiran, What are the details you need? I will ask my friend and pass it on to you. He booked it from Advaith motors in Vasanth Nagar. I remember him saying there was a pile of i20's in the stockyard when he went for the PDI and the SA said they expected it to come late but has arrived much early.

Last edited by Ranjimso : 16th July 2012 at 16:50.
Ranjimso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2012, 10:02   #189
kcz
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 31
Thanked: 12 Times
Default re: 1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjimso View Post
Kiran, What are the details you need? I will ask my friend and pass it on to you. He booked it from Advaith motors in Vasanth Nagar. I remember him saying there was a pile of i20's in the stockyard when he went for the PDI and the SA said they expected it to come late but has arrived much early.
Hi Ranjimso, I was looking for the showroom details. I got them now from your response. I will try to call up Vasanth Nagar branch to find out the stock details.Otherwise, I will have to wait keep bugging the ORR branch and wait for the delivery. Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Kiran
kcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2012, 11:06   #190
Senior - BHPian
 
h@r$h@l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: GJ1
Posts: 1,426
Thanked: 677 Times
Default re: 1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review

Guys,

This is for all i20 2012 Asta owners.

I realised today that there is no way to lock your boot while you are in the car or near the car. My i20's boot is always accessible when i am inside the car even if i have locked the central lock manually.

Also even if i am any where near the car with the key in my pocket and car LOCKED. The boot is accessible. I need to be a certain distance away for the Keyless Entry not to work.

This can get really risky in situations like when you at a traffic light or something; some one can open your boot and even before you get out; they are gone with the contents. Dad took it to Hyundai yesterday and the sales person informed that this is the way it operates and there is no way around it.

Any one else here noticed this? Any suggestion? Is it possible that my i20 in particular has this error OR there is a way around it and the SP is not aware? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Regards,
h@r$h@l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2012, 16:51   #191
BHPian
 
Ranjimso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 116
Thanked: 19 Times
Default re: 1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Guys,

Any one else here noticed this? Any suggestion? Is it possible that my i20 in particular has this error OR there is a way around it and the SP is not aware? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Regards,
your findings are correct, it is true that anyone can unlock the boot as long as you are around with the "smart" key and I don't think there is a "smart" solution for that.

Also can any i20 CRDi owners confirm this, my friend's i20 CRDi bonnet miss the insulation that usually come with all the diesel cars. There is quite a bit of engine noise inside the car. It sounded like a jeep when it was at a signal.

Last edited by Ranjimso : 17th July 2012 at 16:52.
Ranjimso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2012, 16:58   #192
Senior - BHPian
 
shashank.nk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,511
Thanked: 715 Times
Default re: 1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjimso View Post
Also can any i20 CRDi owners confirm this, my friend's i20 CRDi bonnet miss the insulation that usually come with all the diesel cars. There is quite a bit of engine noise inside the car. It sounded like a jeep when it was at a signal.
I'm not an owner, but if you read the review carefully you'll note that the under bonnet insulation is missing in the i20.

However, i'm surprised you're unhappy with the refinement. As far as i know, the CRDi mill is easily the benchmark when it comes to refinement in the hatch segment.
shashank.nk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2012, 17:27   #193
BHPian
 
guyfrmblr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 937
Thanked: 1,913 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjimso
Also can any i20 CRDi owners confirm this, my friend's i20 CRDi bonnet miss the insulation that usually come with all the diesel cars. There is quite a bit of engine noise inside the car. It sounded like a jeep when it was at a signal.
i20 CRDi hasn't got the insulation under the bonnet. I have driven most of the hatches in this segment. The refinement is definitely good compared to other diesel mills. If your friend's car sounded like a jeep, there is some problem with his car.
guyfrmblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2012, 15:26   #194
BHPian
 
ssjr0498's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Blr-Ccu
Posts: 641
Thanked: 118 Times
Default re: 1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review

Guys can somebody please share their thoughts on the problems that I have mentioned below!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post

1. Clutch makes a "chak" sound when the clutch pedal is pressed/depressed
2. Clutch engagement is not very smooth
3. Difficulty in engaging 1st, more often than not I have ended up engaging 3rd!
4. Rear right shock makes a tak tak sound when the car climbs over a small ramp with the right side compressed totally and the left side uncompressed..

I got the 1st service done yesterday as I covered 2200kms in 2 days!! Went to Advaith Hyundai on Bannerghatta road, I informed the service advisor about the above problems, however, none have been rectified.

In addition, the SA says that the door autolock cannot be enabled in the new gen i20. He connected the Scanner and tried doing it, everytime that he tried, it gave a "Communication Error" on the dislplay screen (scanner). Is there some other way to enable this feature? Has anyone got this enabled on their 2012 i20?

Guru's please help!
ssjr0498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2012, 19:38   #195
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11
Thanked: 0 Times
Default re: 1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review

Don't know but something is wrong with the seats i think.Braking/acceleration is usually accompanied by the noise made by the drivers seat. Its pretty annoying. What do i do?
Ub3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010) GTO Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 10525 24th May 2017 11:19
i20 Asta 1.2L Petrol : 1st i20 2011 model on Team-BHP Forum Suess Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 30 29th May 2013 12:15
Ford Figo TDCi v/s Hyundai i20 CRDi v/s Hyundai i20 1.2 v/s Honda Jazz lamborghini Hatchbacks 24 18th December 2010 15:54
Hyundai Verna (1st gen.) : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread praveencr85 Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 17 13th November 2007 13:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:33.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks