Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2013, 23:39   #571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyanand View Post

Not sure of the cover part but the mirror plate is available as a spare part. This should cost around 400-500 including labour as far as I recall. I had to change it because of broken inner clip a month ago.

Hope this helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya101 View Post
I face exactly the same problem and have been informed that whole assembly needs to be changed. It costs Rs 4,700/- (part only in black) and needs to be painted to match body colour
This is what I was worried about- availablity of the mirror but not the outer cover as a spare. I'm sure the Hyundai guys will force me to change the whole assembly.
Will take it to the service centre in a few days, have a service coming up. Lets see how it goes.
Thanks a lot guys for the help.
Old 2nd December 2013, 21:35   #572
BHPian

re: 1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review

Hi All, I am in a big dilemma now. I had booked i20 Sportz variant couple of weeks back however I had to postpone my purchase by few days. I am ready to go ahead with my booking now however now I am in a confusion whether to buy this current model of igen i20 or to wait for nextgen i20 which is supposed to be introduced in 2014. Should I wait for 2014 model or go for this present model? Please suggest me.
Old 3rd December 2013, 00:09   #573
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
Should I wait for 2014 model or go for this present model? Please suggest me.
How urgently do you need the car? Apart from the fact that it is coming in 2014, you would also have to factor in the expected delivery schedule of the car.. the launch date and delivery date might have a large delay, probably more than a couple of months. So, it would depend on when you need the car.

The lure of latest variants is never ending; you wait for the latest version of i20 and might find a better version of some other car coming around the same time. :P
Old 3rd December 2013, 00:25   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
Hi All, I am in a big dilemma now. I had booked i20 Sportz variant couple of weeks back however I had to postpone my purchase by few days. I am ready to go ahead with my booking now however now I am in a confusion whether to buy this current model of igen i20 or to wait for nextgen i20 which is supposed to be introduced in 2014. Should I wait for 2014 model or go for this present model? Please suggest me.
Purely depends on your need for the car. I needed a car urgently, but didn't want to go for the current gen i20 , since the new one looks quite fascinating and with the upcoming expo, I didn't want to beat my head against a wall after looking at it when it is revealed.

But since I needed a new car urgently, got myself an i10 Grand Petrol Astra (o) today, and will get an i20 when it launches.
Old 3rd December 2013, 11:51   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
How urgently do you need the car?
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilenow View Post
Purely depends on your need for the car.
I have an i10. However my daily commute as well as weekend drive has increased drastically, so thought of going for a diesel. I test drove i20 and liked it. I can wait for couple of months but longer than that would be difficult. It will again depend on when the nextgen i20 would be available. If it is available towards end of 2014 then there is no point in waiting I think.
Old 30th December 2013, 22:20   #576
BHPian

i20 Asta glitch

I have a '13 i20 asta. The screen between the speedometer and the tachometer which shows/tells you to change gear had some glitch. I was doing about 145~155kmph in 6th gear when the screen showed me to change to 6th for about 10 seconds and went off. Initially I thought I was in 5th but checked and it was on the 6th gear. It happened again at around the same speed. Not sure how or why but goes off in about +/-10 seconds. Has anyone else come across this issue?
Old 30th December 2013, 22:28   #577
BHPian

Re: i20 Asta glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithviq8 View Post
I have a '13 i20 asta. The screen between the speedometer and the tachometer which shows/tells you to change gear had some glitch. I was doing about 145~155kmph in 6th gear when the screen showed me to change to 6th for about 10 seconds and went off. Initially I thought I was in 5th but checked and it was on the 6th gear. It happened again at around the same speed. Not sure how or why but goes off in about +/-10 seconds. Has anyone else come across this issue?

That is way too fast, Is that your normal cruising speed? Probably the ECU is matching the rpms vs speed and indicating a gear
Old 30th December 2013, 22:29   #578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithviq8 View Post
I have a '13 i20 asta. The screen between the speedometer and the tachometer which shows/tells you to change gear had some glitch.
The gear shift indicator has its own mind. Its accurate most of the time but it acts weird occasionally. If I'm driving at 100 kmph in 5th gear, ideally it should ask me to upshift to 6th gear but instead occasionally asks to downshift to 4th gear. Similar other glitches exist. I have observed such glitches in my colleague's i20 too.
Old 30th December 2013, 22:40   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst_delhi View Post
That is way too fast, Is that your normal cruising speed? Probably the ECU is matching the rpms vs speed and indicating a gear
I do agree that I was going very fast but no, it is not my normal cruising speed. RPM was at or under 3k, not very sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
The gear shift indicator has its own mind. Its accurate most of the time but it acts weird occasionally. If I'm driving at 100 kmph in 5th gear, ideally it should ask me to upshift to 6th gear but instead occasionally asks to downshift to 4th gear. Similar other glitches exist. I have observed such glitches in my colleague's i20 too.
Hmm. When I got the car, the SA told me that it gives the best gear for optimum fuel consumption. Got confused because it said to upshift to 6th when I was in 6th.
Old 30th December 2013, 22:42   #580
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
ABS can increase your braking distance, as it releases the brake to stop the wheel locking up. What you might have experienced is the ABS in action, the key is that you need to ensure you continue to apply the brakes without releasing and let the ABS do its work. The "thawak" sound from the front is due to the stiff suspension setting. It is very painful to hear but actually it does not create any problems. Cheers KPS
Absolutely right. When you have a car which has ABS and EBD and all the rest of it, do not hesitate to jam the brakes really hard when and if you need to - for example, in situations like the 'sudden appearance of unmarked speed breaker' etc.
You can smash your foot really hard indeed, on the brakes without any fear, because the car will hold its line beautifully and you will not experience all that horrid fish-tailing, squealing and so on, that you do hear in a non ABS car. Seriously, ABS should be made mandatory in all variants of all cars asap!
Old 30th December 2013, 22:45   #581
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet.fever View Post
That means there is no hatchback currently which offers airbags for rear passengers. Is that correct ?
I do believe the Asta with Options has 6 Airbags which include the rear passengers in their coverage.
The normal Asta comes with 2 Airbags in front.

I want to know one thing. Whats the recommended tyre pressure in PSI for the I 20?
Also, what tyres does it typically come with as OEM?
Old 30th December 2013, 23:55   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I want to know one thing. Whats the recommended tyre pressure in PSI for the I 20?
Also, what tyres does it typically come with as OEM?
Recommended tyre pressure - 30PSI on all tyre's.
Stock tyre's for Asta is Goodyear Duraplus 185/65 R14 (tubeless).
I believe that only asta and sportz variants have the above tyre specs. The rest of the variants have Apollo tyre's (not sure) 175/70 R14.
Old 31st December 2013, 06:37   #583
BANNED

One more thing. I20 Asta petrol with 1.2 Kappa VTVT engine seems to come with Rear Drum brakes, despite being the top end with all bells and whistles and ABS etc. Having said that the Crdi engine and Gamma engined versions with ABS seem to come with rear disc brakes. Whats the story here? I mean, our plan is to buy the top spec Petrol engined variant but I am not pleased that it gets only drum brakes at the rear!

Also. Is my understanding of this correct?
The only main differences between the Asta and Asta (O)in the 1.2 Petrol are; 2 Airbags vs 6 Airbags + Electric Sunroof. And the cost is 50 grand more.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 31st December 2013 at 07:01.
Old 31st December 2013, 11:20   #584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
One more thing. I20 Asta petrol with 1.2 Kappa VTVT engine seems to come with Rear Drum brakes, despite being the top end with all bells and whistles and ABS etc. Having said that the Crdi engine and Gamma engined versions with ABS seem to come with rear disc brakes. Whats the story here? I mean, our plan is to buy the top spec Petrol engined variant but I am not pleased that it gets only drum brakes at the rear!

Also. Is my understanding of this correct?
The only main differences between the Asta and Asta (O)in the 1.2 Petrol are; 2 Airbags vs 6 Airbags + Electric Sunroof. And the cost is 50 grand more.
I have 2013 i20 sportz and my car has Apollo Aceleres 185/65/R14 if I am right. Yes the diesel ones do come with disc brakes all around. News to me that the petrol ones have only drum brakes in the rear. Sad story where the petrol versions are being marginalized!!!

And yes, I think its only the sun roof and the additional airbags which are additional in the Asta (O).
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2013, 12:03   #585
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
I have 2013 i20 sportz and my car has Apollo Aceleres 185/65/R14 if I am right. Yes the diesel ones do come with disc brakes all around. News to me that the petrol ones have only drum brakes in the rear. Sad story where the petrol versions are being marginalized!!! And yes, I think its only the sun roof and the additional airbags which are additional in the Asta (O).
The I 20 Sportz AT version has a Gamma 1.4 Petrol engine and comes with one driver airbag, ABS, EBD and 4 Discs all around. Auto transmission.
Very expensive at 9.25 on road.
I cannot understand this logic of giving only one airbag.
Does this mean that the man who buys an Automatic version does not deserve 2 or even 6 airbags?

The same thing is happening in Maruti. The A Star has an AT version which comes with only ABS and AT. No Airbag at all.
By contrast there is a version of the A Star Manual that has ABS and two airbags.

This kind of confusing situation is really irritating I must say and there does not seem to be any logic attached to it.

I am re-thinking on this Hyundai I 20 right now, because typical of all these dealers, they are saying that there is no stock of the Asta 1.2 MY 13 and they will only be able to serve us with an MY 14.
I said I dont mind. Provided they do not renege on the agreed deal.

If they do renege, I ve told them I shall go straight off and buy another brand of car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks