Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 27th December 2012, 11:01   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Stig gets Brio'ed! Red Honda Brio SMT (O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanboy View Post
I also received my fog lamps from China and it as the entire package like the lamps, plastic front covers, iring and the Sitch. costed me $100 including shipping. Today i installed the entire thing ith a help of a electrician and man what a feeling, posting the pictures along.
Cheers
Kanboy, that's a very neat piece which you've got. Fitting too looks top class. Could you share details of the web store where you got the fogs? Did the $100 include duty as well? I'm too looking to get it. Thanks.
arup.misra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2012, 14:49   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Kanboy, that's a very neat piece which you've got. Fitting too looks top class. Could you share details of the web store where you got the fogs? Did the $100 include duty as well? I'm too looking to get it. Thanks.
Thank you arup...well am attaching the link to the site down here as they are available at Alibaba.com, $100 include everything. I have sent the company a draft of declartion that duty is not imposed on personal items below the value of $100, so if you order it from them just inform them its for personal use and attach the draft to the parcel. The product is only for around $26 but the shipping was $74 to chandigarh, and so I have paid no duty...incase you need anymore information do let me know
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/60...D_381_FOR.html
Kanboy
Kanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2013, 08:08   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityasiera View Post
Update:
Last few days I have been on a Drive as you wish mode while returning from office, and the FE has dipped to about 13.9 km/l. The ECO indicator at times goes nuts and lights up even when I am doing 100 kp/h in 4th gear, and doesnt light up when i am doing 50 kp/h in the same.

Couple of pics this time.
Pic -1 the Switch for LED DRLs, i modified the existing blank switch to accept a simple 2-way on off switch.

Pic-2
Of the boot showing the space.

Pic -3
Mild offroading

Finally my custom made red/black art seat covers have arrived in Hyderabad.Will put up the interior pics later this weekend after these are installed.
hi aditya,

hope you enjoying your car. i'm looking to install red/black seat covers to avoid the dirt showing up on biege color. could you put up a few pictures of your installed seat covers of front and back seats.

thanks.
rana_kirti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2013, 20:02   #49
BHPian

10000 KM update - Brio compelted 10k kms on October 1st, (1 year 4months), She has been confined to do city rides primarily with the only exception of a Pondicherry drive last year.

FE has been around 15 KM/L mark. She hit around 147-148 during occasional speed runs on ORR.
A/C is still good.

Niggles so far
1. Front passenger seat belt makes some noise
2. Wiper needs to be changed.

Total service costs 2700 (oil change around 6500 kms) + 1800 2nd free service. (its a lot lot cheaper to maintain than my thunderbird )

@rana here you go.. this is the only one that i can find at the moment
Attached Thumbnails
Stig gets Brio'ed! Red Honda Brio SMT (O)-img_1059.jpg  

Last edited by adityasiera : 23rd October 2013 at 20:31.
adityasiera is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2013, 03:39   #50
BHPian

thanks I want to go for the same design & style. Looks very sporty.

Could you provide me with the dealers phone no address. Do they have a website with pictures of same on it ?

I'll try to get the same in fabric.
rana_kirti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2014, 17:38   #51
BHPian

Quote:
I also received my fog lamps from China and it as the entire package like the lamps, plastic front covers, iring and the Sitch. costed me $100 including shipping. Today i installed the entire thing ith a help of a electrician and man what a feeling, posting the pictures along.
Cheers
A friend of mine is buying the brio SMT and wants to fit the fogs lamps. Honda is asking for Rs. 13000 for the same. Can you please tell where he can buy these units from?
scuderiamania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2014, 19:46   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuderiamania View Post
A friend of mine is buying the brio SMT and wants to fit the fogs lamps. Honda is asking for Rs. 13000 for the same. Can you please tell where he can buy these units from?
Hey you can get these fog lamps at
http://www.alibaba.com/product-detai...722209625.html
As well I recently got to know some accessories stores are also importing the fog lamps too into India

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Team-BHP mobile app
Old 7th September 2014, 07:39   #53
BHPian

Hey. I was reading through your whole thread as i am planning to get a hatch. I was thinking about VX MT since it has the safety features. But your post mentioned that you got SMT O which has ABS and Airbags. Couldnt see this option now. Not sure if Honda removed it now !
Rubbertramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2014, 11:28   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbertramps View Post
Hey. I was reading through your whole thread as i am planning to get a hatch. I was thinking about VX MT since it has the safety features. But your post mentioned that you got SMT O which has ABS and Airbags. Couldnt see this option now. Not sure if Honda removed it now !
Honda has discontinued this variant. Probably this variant may not be profitable for them.
MaxTorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2014, 13:35   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Honda has discontinued this variant. Probably this variant may not be profitable for them.

Yes, the SMT O variant has been discontinued. If you are looking to buy the BRIO with the ABS and the air-bags then the trim for that is VX MT. Also, I feel it's high time we get a face-lift to the existing model. It's been 3 years since the launch of BRIO, isn't? Looks like HONDA themselves are least interested in selling the car!!
searacer932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2014, 13:55   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
Yes, the SMT O variant has been discontinued. If you are looking to buy the BRIO with the ABS and the air-bags then the trim for that is VX MT. Also, I feel it's high time we get a face-lift to the existing model. It's been 3 years since the launch of BRIO, isn't? Looks like HONDA themselves are least interested in selling the car!!

Instead of getting the VX MT, i am just wondering if i could put in some extra cash and get the Swift ZXi which gives me climate control, 15'' inch wheels, all black interiors and rear washer. ! Confusion !
Rubbertramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2014, 15:03   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Instead of getting the VX MT, i am just wondering if i could put in some extra cash and get the Swift ZXi which gives me climate control, 15'' inch wheels, all black interiors and rear washer. ! Confusion !
I am in the same boat as you . I am looking for a petrol hatch-back for pure city driving. 90% of the drive will be in the city and may be 10% on the highways. The only negative point I could see in the Swift is that the reviews say that the low end grunt is not great, so I thought that the Brio would suit better for city driving than say the Swift Zxi. I am seriously considering the following options -

1. Brio VX MT
2. Ritz Zxi
3. Swift Zxi
4. Grand i10 (this one is almost ruled out)

Brio and Ritz cost almost the same and the Swift is 50K more. The climate control is not a deal breaker for me. Yes, 15 inch wheel and all black interiors would be nice but I am not sure about the low end response of the K12 engine in comparison to the iVtec engine. FE could be another factor for me. I think iVtec is supposed to be more fuel efficiency than K12.

Last edited by searacer932 : 7th September 2014 at 15:06. Reason: Added more details.
searacer932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2014, 17:58   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
I am in the same boat as you . I am looking for a petrol hatch-back for pure city driving. 90% of the drive will be in the city and may be 10% on the highways. The only negative point I could see in the Swift is that the reviews say that the low end grunt is not great, so I thought that the Brio would suit better for city driving than say the Swift Zxi. I am seriously considering the following options -

1. Brio VX MT
2. Ritz Zxi
3. Swift Zxi
4. Grand i10 (this one is almost ruled out)

Brio and Ritz cost almost the same and the Swift is 50K more. The climate control is not a deal breaker for me. Yes, 15 inch wheel and all black interiors would be nice but I am not sure about the low end response of the K12 engine in comparison to the iVtec engine. FE could be another factor for me. I think iVtec is supposed to be more fuel efficiency than K12.
Being a Brio owner first things to be addressed are 1. The ivtec kicks in after 3500rpm same like a turbo. 2. The milage i have been getting in brio is within city with ac on is around 11.5 to 13 to the tops, without ac 12.5 to 14.. highway 15 is the maximum. 3. The low end torque of the car is acceptable, but the real fun starts after crossing the 3500 mark all the way till 6500 where the car shoots out like a bullet. I have given cars like Verna and Duster a hard time till 100kmph but after that it climbs slowly till it looses breath at 150kmph. This is our city car taken on highways too at times, but i must say nothing better than a Brio to drive around in a city as its extremely manuverable, with an awesome turning radius. The ac is good, but very effective when the vehicle is in motion. The only problem i felt in the car till now is when the ac is on it takes quite a bit stress to move around...btw i have driven my car around 21000kms in the span of 2.6 yrs..if you have any other questions do let me know
Regards
Old 9th January 2015, 21:08   #59
BHPian

Happy new year everyone. Its been quite some time since i posted an update, as stuff has been very mundane with the brio. We did a trip to ooty in Dec-2013, and she has been confined to intra city runs ever since.

3rd servicing was done 20K kms and it costed 5600 including oil change.

The only change has been the tyres. I have changed the stock tyres at 27k to Yoko earth1 185/60R14 on the factory steel rims. This single change has transformed the car. There is lot more grip going in and out of corners and lot less road noise and vibes.

FE has changed from 14.6 to 14.4, something that the current global crude price is helping me out with.

Quote:
Fog Lamps
I am planning on ordering the fogs from aliexpress. Are they easy to install, i mean can it be a DIY or i have to take the whole bumper out ?
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/FOR-H...019111301.html

I am in desperate need of OHC Vtec alloys. If anyone has a pair to sell please let me know.

Cheers,
Adi

Last edited by adityasiera : 9th January 2015 at 21:11.
adityasiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2015, 16:21   #60
BHPian

28681 KM Update.

I opened the bonnet to check the air filter and the fluids, as I was noticing a lag in acceleration. Found the filter to be clogged with dirt (as expected). A quick drive to the dealer, to get a Over the counter spare part. 15 minutes later, filter installed.

Charges INR 472 for the filter, INR 27 for installing the filter.

Next service due in 30k kms.

Overall FE has been hovering around 14.3 (tankful to tankful) after installing the Yoko 185/60R14s.

thanks..
adityasiera is offline   Reply With Quote