Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 22nd August 2014, 12:54   #241
BHPian

Default The Italian Hard Top web-site!

Hey! Great news!

The advertisement for the Italian Hard-Top in their web-site is my Jeep CRD!

The following is the link: http://www.autobiemmesrl.it/mahindra...lasses-3.html#
cpbopanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2014, 10:50   #242

Default Re: The Italian Hard Top web-site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
Hey! Great news!

The advertisement for the Italian Hard-Top in their web-site is my Jeep CRD!

The following is the link: http://www.autobiemmesrl.it/mahindra...lasses-3.html#
@cpbopanna - you are one passionate guy and your thread has been one of my favorites on this forum.

1. You all talked about brake upgrades and some got them done. I also hear the new Thar comes with better brakes, so an upgrade may not be needed. Am I correct?
2. For all the money you spent, did you consider upgrading tires and was there a reason why only rims?
3. I hear the new Thar 401 launches early 2015. Any details in changes?

I get my new Thar next month.
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2014, 12:27   #243
BHPian

Default Re: The Italian Hard Top web-site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey View Post
@cpbopanna - you are one passionate guy and your thread has been one of my favorites on this forum.

1. You all talked about brake upgrades and some got them done. I also hear the new Thar comes with better brakes, so an upgrade may not be needed. Am I correct?
2. For all the money you spent, did you consider upgrading tires and was there a reason why only rims?
3. I hear the new Thar 401 launches early 2015. Any details in changes?

I get my new Thar next month.
Thank you for the compliment!

1. If my understanding is correct, the new Thars have upgraded brakes but the old (read tiny) vacuum tank has been retained.
The Thar requires a larger vacuum tank to handle the vacuum requirement of the bigger booster.

2. I use my Thar during the weekends and for 'soft-roading'; never for hard-core off-roading.
For this, the stock 235/70 R16 HT tyres are good enough.
Any size upgrade will have a telling effect on the already low fuel efficiency
Other than more 'Macho' looks, the stock tyres manage speeds up to 140 kmph (I have not gone beyond that!) - no unnecessary tyre noise or rapid wear.

3. Regarding the Thar 401, there are enough rumours doing the rounds.
However, the rumours heard about 'improvements' to the Thar have remained only 'rumours' so far
Hence I recommend that we wait until Mahindra releases some credible information!

And BTW, congratulations on the new (expected) addition to the family!
Once the Jeep bug bites you, you remain addicted for life!

Cheers!

Last edited by cpbopanna : 4th September 2014 at 12:36.
cpbopanna is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2014, 17:22   #244
BHPian

A picture of my Jeep CRD in it's natural habitat! (Coorg wilderness)
Attached Thumbnails
Call of the wild - Mahindra Thar CRDe-1412337102131.jpg  

cpbopanna is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2014, 23:36   #245
BHPian

Default Re: Call of the wild - Mahindra Thar CRDe

Beautiful. I think this is one of the best Thar I've ever seen. Reading through the whole thread. Good job Bopanna.
abhi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2014, 08:25   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi View Post
Beautiful. I think this is one of the best Thar I've ever seen. Reading through the whole thread. Good job Bopanna.
Thanks Abhi, you made my day!
Old 4th November 2014, 15:31   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Wishful thinking? Yes of course!

If the Indian clones/wannabes can sell at around 1 Lakh, please expect atleast a 50% premium!
Most of the HT's are in the range of 50 to 75 bracket. IMHO 1 lakh is a fair price for the Italian HT. Maybe the profit wont be much in 1L but the sheer numbers will cover for that. Most of the hardtop wannabe's would go for it without hesitation. So try to get it in the price bracket of 1 Lakh and let the party begin.
rajamuneeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2015, 16:53   #248
BHPian

Hello CPbopanna, hope you and your dream Jeep are going great guns. I would wish to know if there is any update on the hard top, how is it behaving with respect to niggles or creeks. Does the HT make any unnecessary sound on uneven roads? Your updates will be highly appreciated and will help me making the right choice for my Thar. Regards, Himadri.
himadrimondal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2015, 17:14   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
Hello CPbopanna, hope you and your dream Jeep are going great guns. I would wish to know if there is any update on the hard top, how is it behaving with respect to niggles or creeks. Does the HT make any unnecessary sound on uneven roads? Your updates will be highly appreciated and will help me making the right choice for my Thar. Regards, Himadri.
Hello,

Yes, my Jeep & I are indeed going great guns!

My hard top has been behaving quite well so far, no niggles, creeks, signs of cracking or water leakage even after 2.5 years!

To keep the colour bright, every month, after a water wash, I apply a coat of dashboard polish to maintain the gloss, thats all!

I don't use my Jeep for off-roading, hence cannot comment on the performance on the back trails; but I have had no issues on city roads, highways and the back roads of Coorg (which are not so even)!

A recommended hard top, the high price notwithstanding!

Cheers!
Old 16th June 2015, 17:35   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

Yes, my Jeep & I are indeed going great guns!

My hard top has been behaving quite well so far, no niggles, creeks, signs of cracking or water leakage even after 2.5 years!
Cheers!
Thanks so much Sir for the prompt reply. Highly appreciated.
himadrimondal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2015, 23:02   #251
BHPian

Sir did you also end up retaining your Thar, after it had been put up for sale?

Manveet has done the same in Delhi, easy to say yours are the two best Thar's on this forum. In fact my vote goes to yours, for being rocky beige and no cutting of the pillars

do update ?
Ksingh544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2015, 03:00   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksingh544 View Post
Sir did you also end up retaining your Thar, after it had been put up for sale?

Manveet has done the same in Delhi, easy to say yours are the two best Thar's on this forum. In fact my vote goes to yours, for being rocky beige and no cutting of the pillars

do update ?
Sorry for the delay in replying!
Yes, I have decided to retain my Thar! I had originally planned to relocate abroad, but things did not happen as planned.
However, all's well that ends well - and I still have my Jeep
Old 24th September 2015, 10:19   #253
BHPian

Default Re: The REAR view!

Quote:
Final changes to the rear!

2. High-mounted centre brake light: The height at which the stock tail/brake-lights are mounted does not ensure visibility from tall vehicles like trucks or buses when the Jeep brakes in bumper-to-bumper traffic. A high-mounted brake light has been installed to address this issue.

3. Rear fog lamp: Again to improve visibility from the rear and avoid tailgating under poor visibility conditions - night-time driving in fog/heavy rains.
Hi Cpbopanna, mighty impressed with the work on your Thar . I read through the pages, but may have missed it. Can you please share with us where you obtained the following?

1) High-mounted brake light setup? Can it be fixed/integrated with the rear bumper that Mahindra supplies called AT00019 ?

Call of the wild - Mahindra Thar CRDe-thar_rear.jpg

2) Again, can you please share with us where you got the fog lamps and your Wranger mirrors? I myself looked on Amazon.com and found this, but wonder if it is decent enough.

http://www.amazon.com/Jeep-Wrangler-...angler+mirrors

3) Any bulk purchase being done/organized for the Italian HT?

Thanks in advance.
johy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2015, 08:46   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Hi Cpbopanna, mighty impressed with the work on your Thar . I read through the pages, but may have missed it. Can you please share with us where you obtained the following?

1) High-mounted brake light setup? Can it be fixed/integrated with the rear bumper that Mahindra supplies called AT00019 ?

Attachment 1419025

2) Again, can you please share with us where you got the fog lamps and your Wranger mirrors? I myself looked on Amazon.com and found this, but wonder if it is decent enough.

http://www.amazon.com/Jeep-Wrangler-...angler+mirrors

3) Any bulk purchase being done/organized for the Italian HT?

Thanks in advance.
Hi Johy, thank you for the compliments!

1. I bought the rear brake light @ a Jeep dealer in Zurich, Switzerland. Whilst I have fabricated and welded the bracket to the original spare tyre mount, assuming the tyre mount swivels in the Mahindra bumper, it would be better to attach the bracket to the rear door (nothing is impossible in automobile modifications, if you have the right people).

2. I bought the Wrangler-like rear mirrors on ebay.com and was forced to ditch them, since they were too small. I now use Bolero's rear view mirrors which I am quite comfortable with. If you are particular about the Wrangler type mirrors, there are quite a few dealers in India, just check in a couple of automobile magazines.
The fog lamps are available in any decent accessory shop, I bought mine in JC Road, Bangalore, may cost around 10k now.

3. Interest for the Italian hard-top appears to have waned in India! Would you want to buy mine?
cpbopanna is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2015, 16:06   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Johy, thank you for the compliments!

3. Interest for the Italian hard-top appears to have waned in India! Would you want to buy mine?
Thanks for your replies sir, much appreciated. Sending PM.
johy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote